Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Former Human posted:

I would vote for Howard Stern before Amy Klobuchar.

As would I. Not only because Howard Stern is actually intelligent and understands human behavior, but because he hasn't committed himself to a ridiculous ideology of extremely measured incrementalism to counter the revanchist and psychopathic Nazis in the GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Stern trolling Bill was pretty fun.

E:

Former Human posted:

I would vote for Howard Stern before Amy Klobuchar.

Man you aren't kidding. I didn't know much about her but I don't remember her being this terrible. Good lord.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 13, 2019

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
Bill said he liked Klobuchar because she treats her young staff horribly, and this was very early in the primary before the recent "you know who I'm looking at..." remark.

I did enjoy Stern giving him a hard time in between the mutual kiss fest they were giving each other. Funny, in the 90s Maher was a self described Libertarian, and Howard Stern ran on the Libertarian party ticket for New York governor (to the disgust of John Laroquette, then only known as the lecherous lawyer on Night Court).

I've never been a fan since I can't stand shock jocks, he was a radio troll pre-internet and I never found his racial humor funny. And he lived down the street in the same predominantly black area of Roosevelt Long Island as members of Public Enemy.

But on this episode Maher said they were both lefties, just not one of the crazies. His past enthusiasm for Sanders is now a dismissive "yes, we love Bernie too, :smug eyeroll:" But now he's railing on and on about being center left and "Republican Classic". Yet no one he supposedly supports wants to do anything that he rants about in his final New Rules every week.

I also laughed when Maher complained to Stern about Maher's own audience. I wanted Stern to tell him "well, its because your jokes just don't land. Don't get mad at the fans." Too many entitled comedians these days rail against the audience when they suck, including Maher, or he tells them that it "went over their heads" or "um...that was a joke" like in his opening monologue. The crowd is too afraid to "ooooo" when he says something actually cutting or burns someone because he confuses it with booing. Talk about being overly sensitive...

We all know how much he hates kids and complains about their activism (not just the politically correct safe spaces on campuses), but he at least is leaving Greta Thunberg alone.

I watch Maher now for the same reason I used to watch William F. Buckley on Firing Line or The McLaughlin Report...which is really sad. And as I've said in the past: his guest list is getting shorter and shorter:

I'm recognizing fewer and fewer panel guests other than the usual suspects such as next week's: Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Tyson: it resonates with the...
Maher: resonate, whats that mean? (!!!!)
Tyson: its a physics word...
Maher: sounds like an Amos & Andy word...

*canned laughter*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's a stupid question because i know the answer but did anyone talk poo poo on him saying this? omar's easily the best congressperson.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
If Tyson isn’t better than he was on Joe Rogan a few weeks ago, I really hope he finishes fading into obscurity.

It legitimately may have just been his first time getting high or something, though.

Edit - ing to es

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 13, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Listening to the previous Joe Rogan episode, Tyson is just tone deaf on political context.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Fun to watch Stern wrap Maher around his finger and manhandle him without effort. Stern knew exactly how to stroke Bill’s ego so that he never even heard half of Stern’s cuts.

Gimmedaroot posted:

I also laughed when Maher complained to Stern about Maher's own audience. I wanted Stern to tell him "well, its because your jokes just don't land. Don't get mad at the fans." Too many entitled comedians these days rail against the audience when they suck, including Maher, or he tells them that it "went over their heads" or "um...that was a joke" like in his opening monologue. The crowd is too afraid to "ooooo" when he says something actually cutting or burns someone because he confuses it with booing. Talk about being overly sensitive...

Of course Bill doesn’t get that “ooooo-ing” isn’t booing. That would have required him to watch some ~poor people~ comedy.
:nallears:

It’s pretty dark that even his audience doesn’t find the news funny any more: the dead silence at half of his “jokes” is what I’ve been waiting for: people to get fed up with it all...

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Given Tyson's other Big Thing lately is a thing with Shapiro of all people, thinking it is beyond safe to say the man has lost it after the accusations and then some---Maher is only getting closer to that circuit than not of late.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

punk rebel ecks posted:

Bari Weiss is such an intellectual heavyweight, she got manhandled by Joe Rogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS-sxJFn6O0

Going back to look for when Krystal Ball was on and laughed in Bill's face about him thinking Klobuchar would be best to win the general election, but god drat. This is such a good clip, hahaha. I love Jimmy Dore and his audiences. Immediately everyone groans when they see Bari's dumb mug on the screen, lol.

edit:

Super Deuce posted:

Bari Weiss is a moron, but Jimmy Dore’s opinion of her shouldn’t matter at all because he’s somehow dumber.

To be fair, I don't think Jimmy even says he's particularly smart; he's just not an evil Nazi. He's a dumb guy and it's easy to win him over on most issues if you don't have, as the basis of your opinion, 'hey how about we kill all of the...' Which actually puts him, morally, above about 80% of politicians and people in the media.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 18, 2019

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i can't look at barney frank without picturing him in that outfit trump called him out about on twitter. nipples protruding! disrespectful!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I really enjoyed Stern not even giving Bill Maher a chance to ask a question. And when he tries just getting completely shut out of an answer.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I wonder how sweaty Neil deGrasse Tyson got under his suit jacket when Bill brought up MeToo.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
You know it was a bad run when Bill's bootlicking with Rice managed to be even more cringe inducing than having an AEI ghoul on outright.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

big trivia FAIL posted:

i can't look at barney frank without picturing him in that outfit trump called him out about on twitter. nipples protruding! disrespectful!

I once shared a party bus with Barney....

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Somehow Bernie who polls best vs Trump is actually the worst according to the opinion show hosts.

Rich fucks.

Edit - New Rule was even worse. Good idea, Bill. Go after edge Trump voters instead of the other 200m people in the country.

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 26, 2019

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Talk of impeachment goes on month after month and year after year. TV shows still talking like Trump is an existential threat every single day. This guy might the most impeachable POTUS we could see in the next 500 years. :wtf: are they waiting for? It's bizarre.

Trump would've been fired hundreds of times over if he had a normal vocation. Spineless Ds and intellectually dishonest Rs. We're beyond the point of embarrassment here.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Zogo posted:

Talk of impeachment goes on month after month and year after year. TV shows still talking like Trump is an existential threat every single day. This guy might the most impeachable POTUS we could see in the next 500 years. :wtf: are they waiting for? It's bizarre.

Trump would've been fired hundreds of times over if he had a normal vocation. Spineless Ds and intellectually dishonest Rs. We're beyond the point of embarrassment here.

We're IN Impeachment, but the senate has to commit to doing something with it, after the house does. With Mitch in there, it's always still a gamble if he'll even let a vote go through. He's already said he'd hold a trial, but that's even a maybe if he decides to change his mind. He can always just half rear end it, say he did it and just bin it.

Trump's still a threat, not just because of all the poo poo he does loudly, but the poo poo he's doing quietly. He's filling up Judge Vacancies with conservatives, which are life time appointments. He's ripping back EPA, Civil, and work place protections. He's pulling rights away from people. All of this, to get reinstated, might have to go back through the senate to get reinstated, and if we still have a republican senate that can just block everything, we may not get those protections back for a while.

They need to make the Impeachment SO blatant, so horrible, and a very easy story to present in the trial, that if the Senate leaves it on the table, blocks it with filibuster or votes it down, they look bad to their constituents.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Super Deuce posted:

Somehow Bernie who polls best vs Trump is actually the worst according to the opinion show hosts.

Rich fucks.

Edit - New Rule was even worse. Good idea, Bill. Go after edge Trump voters instead of the other 200m people in the country.

Bernie doesn’t poll the best against Trump. That would be Biden in basically every poll testing Democratic candidates since Biden got in the race.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

TyrantWD posted:

Bernie doesn’t poll the best against Trump. That would be Biden in basically every poll testing Democratic candidates since Biden got in the race.

Wrong. National polls, which don't actually matter because how the gently caress can they with their methodology, show Biden beating Trump as well, but individual state polling shows Bernie beating him by more points.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
just lol if you think Trump wouldn't make Biden bleed from both eyeballs

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
It was definitely the worst sort of Spook & Kook panel for the holiday---guy on the far end tried to meekly interject here and there, but when everybody else was that far gone..

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't watch the show anymore, but I get the noteworthy snippets from time to time. Hooooooly poo poo, Donny Douchebag needed to be flayed for what he said here: https://twitter.com/ibrahimpols/status/1188240435816390656

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug
Wow, an anti-vaxxer AND Dennis Prager? Getting my hate boner on here.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Lol @ him calling Frank Sinatra Ronan Farrow’s father to his face.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

That antivax segment is possibly the worst, most irresponsible thing Bill has ever done on his show.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
This recent episode must've been a fever dream. Otherwise, :hmbol:

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I skipped the vaccine bullshit because, well what’s the point.

Though the panel starts by saying Trump is actually a political genius. Why the gently caress do people keep saying this? Cheating and lying isn’t political genius. It’s cheating and lying. We know he did it.

These fucks need to stop glorifying it.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
EDIT- mobile multi post.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Wow Prager went full right wing radio in overtime. By wow I mean of course he did.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Prager is the worst of the right wing radio assholes because he has no sense of humor. Limbaugh produces something entertaining once in a while. Evil, but entertaining. Hannity was friends with Opie and Anthony. Laura Ingraham is literally publicly a Nazi, which is funny, though not "ha ha" funny. But Prager? Unlistenable. He's just a oval office.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Prager rapes his wife (whichever one he's on now, 4th or whatever), too. Which is just a little cherry on top of him being a piece of poo poo in literally every single other way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGshumlkUcc

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

rich thick and creamy posted:

Wow, an anti-vaxxer AND Dennis Prager?

This is almost word for word what I was going to post. I didn't even bother watching past the sarcastic "there is only one correct answer" bit. Yes, Bill. There is only one correct answer in this instance.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I listen to science when it comes to global warming but not vaccines.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I was wondering what Bill meant when he said Howard Stern has "weird ideas about health." Stern eats right, exercises, doesn't drink or smoke, etc.

Stern loudly criticizes idiots who don't get vaccines or vaccinate their kids, so now I assume that's what Bill was getting at. So stupid.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
You'd think Maher would, at minimum out of self interest in preservation outright, have leveraged a far greater portion on proportion of the show to lean in hard on the raging Cali fires, the crooked power outfit, etc than continue to tilt at his damned dilapidated windmill on anti-vaxx/me-too/some Prager idiot/etc.

All these years of folks consistently telling him this stuff is madness save for the occasional, grasping idiot pulls for guests and the panel to egg him on while things just about literally burn down around him.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

watching mahers audience turn on him has been the most entertaining thing he's produced in years

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Judge Judy, an old rich trash bag of a woman, is pitching Bloomberg. Great.

Edit - So everyone is lying and they won't even say Bernie Sanders. This is crazy.

Edit 2 - Won't say Bernie Sanders' name all show until the end. For a gag about him killing puppies. Is this just like... fodder?

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 9, 2019

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Super Deuce posted:

Edit - So everyone is lying and they won't even say Bernie Sanders. This is crazy.

Edit 2 - Won't say Bernie Sanders' name all show until the end. For a gag about him killing puppies. Is this just like... fodder?

He was mentioned at the beginning of the show. Maher said something like "Bloomberg is less Jewish than Bernie." Not really a consolation though.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
More effort to float The Klob, still, while trying to force this whole mess with Warren.

Bullock was a waste of space, an utter fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loAgmHFkE10