Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bigass Moth posted:

That is one hell of a leap of logic to go from saying the lecturing is not entertaining, to being a woman and minority hater. I'm not disagreeing with what they're saying at all, just that it's tiresome to see it on TV. Kellee going off about an all woman's alliance bring sexist doesn't even make sense because guys/girls alliances are common in the game.

kellee's point was that everyone has the fear of a women's alliance despite one not being successful in the past 18 seasons, at least (one world doesn't count because the tribes were separated by gender), and use it as an easy excuse to vote off all the women.

perhaps you need more lectures to get that through, since the most recent one wasn't enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Sorry I want to be entertained and not talked down to when watching TV.

They aren't actually talking to you, unless you choose to be in the group being spoken about. I don't need those lectures, I have already learned those lessons. It doesn't bother me to hear them, I don't feel talked down to, I am aware the lectures are aimed at the people who haven't already internalized the important info. I don't have to bristle at the lectures.

You've proven my original point better than I could have, the act of taking offense at the lectures is at once an indicator that perhaps the lecture is actually for you and it also shows why it was included. Without having to go into your beliefs or perspective here, the fact remains, fussing at the agreeable lectures makes you appear to be a dickhead. Maybe you're not, doesn't matter, that's the beauty of a solid lecture.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

I am sick of the social justice lectures this season. Can we just play the game and show the scheming?

The irony here is that there's a decent chance Kellee's comments were partially strategic. More time spent discussing social issues during tribal = less opportunity for herself, Dean or Noura (if she was indeed keyed in to a significant degree) to accidentally let part of the plan slip.

Having said that, the way her and Jamal handled that discussion was nothing short of eloquent. I didn't find it to be a drag on the show in the slightest, nor were Jamal's prior confessionals/race-related conversations with Jack.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 9, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vernacular posted:

The irony here is that there's a decent chance Kellee's comments were partially strategic. More time spent discussing social issues during tribal = less opportunity for herself, Dean or Noura (if she was indeed keyed in to a significant degree) to accidentally let part of the plan slip.

Having said that, the way her and Jamal handled that discussion was nothing short of eloquent. I didn't find it to be a drag on the show in the slightest, nor were Jamal's prior confessionals/race-related conversations with Jack.

Finally got to watch. Agreeing with all of this post.

Feminist and race related dialogue in media is good. Good dialogue like we've seen this season is great.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Idols with expiry dates are great

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Propaganda Machine posted:

Stop worrying about the girls sharing tampon tips. Just stop.

jfc PMach.

Bigass Moth posted:

I am sick of the social justice lectures this season. Can we just play the game and show the scheming?

Bigass Moth posted:

Sorry I want to be entertained and not talked down to when watching TV.

Bigass Moth posted:

My blood isn't boiling, get a grip. I'm allowed to dislike things you don't.

You shut the gently caress up too. Stop posting in this thread getting mad at SJWs.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 11, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Dugong posted:

Idols with expiry dates are great

Absolutely. More of that.

Also what was it that Rob said he could give Janet? Some "Get out of Tribal Free" card? More weird advantages that aren't actually advantages.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Bloop posted:

Feminist and race related dialogue in media is good. Good dialogue like we've seen this season is great.

I agree with this but Jeff sitting there talking about how important this conversation is rang superhollow with me considering that a) Survivor never misses a chance to objectify the women contestants and b) Mark Burnett bears great responsibility for getting a serial rapist elected President.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
No doubt, but garbage people like Bigass Moth over there need to hear it more often regardless of who is delivering it. Might sink in to a few of them.

Make the world hostile to their bigotry or apathy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Bigotry and apathy? I never once said I disagreed with what they were talking about. Survivor has 45 minutes of TV to fill and I said I would rather see gameplay than discussions on racism and sexism. The personal attacks on differing opinions on this site are disgusting.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's just Zesty being Zesty, you'll learn to ignore it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

I agree with this but Jeff sitting there talking about how important this conversation is rang superhollow with me considering that a) Survivor never misses a chance to objectify the women contestants and b) Mark Burnett bears great responsibility for getting a serial rapist elected President.

Eh Survivor is separate from Burnett

As to the other thing, not defending it, and maybe I'm just a dunce on this front, but it feels like that's both lessened somewhat and certainly balanced with male cheesecake and junk shots

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

Also what was it that Rob said he could give Janet? Some "Get out of Tribal Free" card? More weird advantages that aren't actually advantages.

Yeah, basically it removes her from tribal after the discussion but before the votes, so she can't vote but also can't be voted for. Or at least that's how I parsed it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Bloop posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about. Survivor was Burnetts baby. He brought it to air. He makes bank off it.

So was The Apprentice. Donald Trump wouldn't be President without The Apprentice, the way it revamped his image or Burnett running interference to keep all those rumored racist Apprentice tapes secret.

E: re Burnett and Trump How Mark Burnett Resurrected Donald Trump as an Icon of American Success

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 11, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bigass Moth posted:

Bigotry and apathy? I never once said I disagreed with what they were talking about. Survivor has 45 minutes of TV to fill and I said I would rather see gameplay than discussions on racism and sexism. The personal attacks on differing opinions on this site are disgusting.

Yeah you seem like a real good faith kind of guy.

Bigass Moth posted:

There are people in this thread who gently caress trannys

Bigass Moth posted:

Wasn’t the last school shooting done by two trans kids? Maybe there have been more since but I don’t recall any Nazis shooting up schools.

Bigass Moth posted:

49er fans are white snobs. Raider fans are mexican animals.

Tell me more about how the SJWs are making this show hard to watch for you.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 11, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about.

The two things are separate entities

I can like a Lovecraft story while still thinking he's a piece of racist trash.

Survivor shows average Americans good things and they don't know or care anything about Burnett.

Yeah, he's a piece of poo poo, but he still created something good.

That's what the gently caress I'm talking about.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zesty posted:

Hahaha, it's almost kind of sad how easily you can draw the line from someone moaning about progressive anything directly to some hot garbage only a POS person could conjure up.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Zesty posted:

:eyepop: 45 minutes isn't enough, it seems

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Zesty posted:

I know you're just trying to fan the flames but are we already to the point where you pretend people don't make contextual offensive jokes that miss the mark on a comedy forum?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You're kidding yourself if you think this isn't the part where people take turns taking easy dunks on you to get some sweet catharsis on a type of jackass we usually only see second-hand quoted from reddit.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The Bloop posted:

As to the other thing, not defending it, and maybe I'm just a dunce on this front, but it feels like that's both lessened somewhat and certainly balanced with male cheesecake and junk shots

It's only just hit me that Australian Survivor is much more gratuitous with the male junk/butt shots, and very little on the other end (though it's not like they don't cast unattractive women, either). Of course, they do it in a lot more of the cheeky way.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Bigass Moth posted:

I know you're just trying to fan the flames but are we already to the point where you pretend people don't make contextual offensive jokes that miss the mark on a comedy forum?

"Who among us," he said, "has not made an off-color joke or two? Let they who have not called people tr*nnys as a joke cast the first stone," and to this day he remains buried under Mt. loving rear end in a top hat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Just block him.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bigass Moth posted:

...contextual offensive jokes that miss the mark on a comedy forum?

Shane Gillis, is that you?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:eyepop:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
So anyway....

quote:

The milestone 40th season and 20th year of the Emmy Award-winning, ground-breaking series SURVIVOR debuts with a special two-hour episode Wednesday, Feb. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM), hosted by Jeff Probst. It moves to its regular Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period on Feb. 19.

nerox
May 20, 2001

2 hour first episode, but will they bring Action Jeff out of retirement for the finale.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nerox posted:

2 hour first episode, but will they bring Action Jeff out of retirement for the finale.

For his most dangerous stunt ever he rides a hoverboard directly into the fire pit

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Maybe your 'my constant racist posts are just jokes!' argument might hold a bit more weight if all your posts in this thread didn't read like something off an alt-right forum you stupid chud gently caress

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Wow, I'm loving tired of this TV show telling me not to be a racist or sexist rear end in a top hat"

"No look, those racist and sexist posts I made were just JOKES"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

this fuckin goof gets so mad that they're being lectured about being a chud from their tv, that they immediately gotta jump on the internet to get lectured even more

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized this is probably a gross racist version of a humiliation fetish and we've been tricked into being the doms

Poz my Nazi hole

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Go TIME!

edit: or not... Jesus gently caress all these ads.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 14, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think this is kind of funny in light of the whole Jamal/Jack "you made a racist joke/oh gently caress, I'm embarrassed and have no excuse and should shut up and listen" thing that more or less started it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Survivor is my once weekly dose of television ads but hey its nice those sonic ad guys are still gettin work

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

...back to back? ...mature themes????

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

lmao classic Noura

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Noura can you just stop saying my name

:lol:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

But I don't think she can cover her tracks. If Noura is asked something straight up, she does not lie. She didn't lie about targeting Jamal, she didn't lie about floating a woman's alliance. Can she start by denying she voted Jack when Jamal (who just idoled her) asks? Can she leave Kellee out of her story?
Took less than one minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Noura is pretty quick with the knife in the back.