Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There’s a battle simulator already that has Gen 8 mechanics and turns out Dynamax is really good for sweepers, in particular Dragon dance Gyarados and Excadrill. Also Kyurem Black but that’s not in S/S(yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Hilbert and Nate are both good. Although Nate is in the same game as Rosa so he doesn't really get any kind of recognition

Same goes for Hilbert, the B/W gals kinda overshadowed them

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Saagonsa posted:

Hilbert and Nate are both good. Although Nate is in the same game as Rosa so he doesn't really get any kind of recognition

u can choose donuts or a broom it's also an easy choice

(admittedly I'm biased because I didn't care for bw2 and donut girl is probably my least favorite even if I like her

the best design in bw2 is champion Iris)

Framboise fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 14, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Framboise posted:

u can choose donuts or a broom it's also an easy choice

(admittedly I'm biased because I didn't care for bw2 and donut girl is probably my least favorite even if I like her

the best design in bw2 is champion Iris)

I wait anxiously for the day we can gussy our male player characters up like Wallace.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

If this gen's dude had a messenger bag he'd probably look pretty cool.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

RatHat posted:

There’s a battle simulator already that has Gen 8 mechanics and turns out Dynamax is really good for sweepers, in particular Dragon dance Gyarados and Excadrill. Also Kyurem Black but that’s not in S/S(yet).

what do you mean "it turns out", everyone already predicted this. sweepers are generally fragile which Dynamax fixes by inflating their Hp, and they get access to the equivalent of 4 z-moves for 3 turns

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Flopsy posted:

I wait anxiously for the day we can gussy our male player characters up like Wallace.

Yes good

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Girl characters are the superior choice in all games and Pokemon is no different.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

mutata posted:

Girl characters are the superior choice in all games and Pokemon is no different.

:yeah:

Whenever I have the choice I always pick the girl. Guy characters are the stars of enough games. Though it does feel like it's getting better this past decade.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Flopsy posted:

I look anxiously for the day where the scrawny male character can hit the gym and achieve the glorious form of Crasher Wake

ah yeah, this is peak male performance

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If you roll the girl PC and don't roleplay as an angry Scot, you're doing it wrong :v:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Yikes. I haven't been paying attention at all to anything surrounding the new games. I just remembered it was coming out on Friday and went off to google to see if there were any pre order bonuses and wow :eyepop: So many people riled up about pokemon. Anyway, I'm stoked as gently caress to have my sword duck in like 2 days.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dpulex posted:

Making a nuzlocke mode in the game doesnt seem impossible. If all they did was add optional permadeath it would be something to add tension.

Because what I want Pokemon to become is Fire Emblem.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

hey at least then there'd be difficulty options

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm sad his feathers don't spell OUCH!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AlternateNu posted:

I mean, you've already got the petting and the breeding.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I usually judge if I play a boy or girl character by how customizable they are or if I like one sides hair more than the other.

Splatoon 1 I always played as a girl because I loved the long hair design and not a fan of top knots, but in 2 I felt fine being a boy because I liked the boxart style more than the discount version of 1's.

Pokemon X/Y and Moon I picked boy because I figured I could customize him to fix his boring design but when I played UM I went girl because I learned my lesson. I think I'll play a girl again this gen because I don't even remember what the guy looks like and if the previous gens are anything to go by the male options for clothing are going to be bland rear end tank tops and almost nothing else.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Oh god i pre-ordered and I'm going to a prerelease event and apparently there will be jedi lightsaber fights and pokemon balloons what have I done

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i generally play the boy character because in the online circles i run in i'm basically the only person who does that so im more unique by default

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I’m a girl so I play a girl. This will probably never happen, but what I would really like are more robust POC options.

It was infuriating being surrounded by people in Alola with my exact skin tone yet not being able to choose it at the start, just white or various shades of black. I mean it’s nice to have a choice of color at all but still the color is already in the game fuuuuuuck

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

extra row of teeth posted:

I’m a girl so I play a girl. This will probably never happen, but what I would really like are more robust POC options.

It was infuriating being surrounded by people in Alola with my exact skin tone yet not being able to choose it at the start, just white or various shades of black. I mean it’s nice to have a choice of color at all but still the color is already in the game fuuuuuuck

i think i remember seeing more skin color options for your character in swsh than s/m but i can't remember offhand if it was in e3 footage or what

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

If you roll the girl PC and don't roleplay as an angry Scot, you're doing it wrong :v:

get tae gently caress ya wanker

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

i think i remember seeing more skin color options for your character in swsh than s/m but i can't remember offhand if it was in e3 footage or what

That’s good at least.

Trainer customization is awesome and one of the highlights of the modern games.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I've played as a girl the last few times just because they tend to have much more interesting clothing options.

The exception being in my first S/M playthrough, because they had that rad Alolan Marowak shirt for the boy, and also owned a version of that shirt because I'm 100% that dork.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
GF when will you allow me to use Lance's dumb hair or Cynthia's pimping coat

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'd be very happy with an Animal Crossing level of customization for my trainer character. Now if only the male characters were better designed and had more options...

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

GF when will you allow me to use Lance's dumb hair or Cynthia's pimping coat

When they going to let a male player character have any interesting hair options at all you mean.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like both trainers but I can't not play the girl and just pretend she's the living embodiment of Scottish Twitter the memes made her

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zuzie posted:

I'd be very happy with an Animal Crossing level of customization for my trainer character. Now if only the male characters were better designed and had more options...

Animal Crossing level of customization means no gender locked clothing so boys can steal the girl's fashion.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Animal Crossing level of customization means no gender locked clothing so boys can steal the girl's fashion.

That's what I'm getting at. Plus I'm sure everyone would love it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

I like both trainers but I can't not play the girl and just pretend she's the living embodiment of Scottish Twitter the memes made her

Same man. Ey btw I just got the forbidden shiny piloswine on wonder trade. Anybody want this cursed girl?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The boy starts with an ugly bowling pin hat and the girl starts with a nice beret. The choice is simple

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Flopsy posted:

Ey btw I just got the forbidden shiny piloswine on wonder trade. Anybody want this cursed girl?

I don't get it. :confused:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I saw on that stream they had 900 master balls

big fat lmao

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Annath posted:

I don't get it. :confused:

It’s a hideous lime green like 1/3rd of shinies.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

extra row of teeth posted:

It’s a hideous lime green like 1/3rd of shinies.

She's also got absolute 0% in every one of her stats.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Hey I'm trying to avoid all spoilers, but have the actual starter evolutions been leaked yet because I want to see them if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cartoon Violence posted:

Hey I'm trying to avoid all spoilers, but have the actual starter evolutions been leaked yet because I want to see them if so.

Yeah they have!