Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

jivjov posted:

Anyone else planning on doing an anniversary rewatch of the Holiday Special this Sunday?

Next Friday yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dawgstar posted:

Instead of watching Rebels I just started watching Clone Wars (and will get to the former). It was pretty good even if I was not entirely prepared for Truman Capote Hutt.

Clone Wars takes a bit find its footing. General rule of thumb is that when Ahsoka gets her costume change in Season 3 Episode 10, that's when the show starts to get really good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
One other milestone to keep in mind is that the entire first season and part of the second was done and ready to go before anything started airing. The production team heard the complaints about stuff like the cutesy nicknames and over the top droid banter and scaled those things back...but it took an entire season+ for feedback response to be reflected on screen.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wow, I’m really digging The Mandalorian so far. Particularly how kind of weird it seems. The whole sequence with Ugnaught Nolte and the blurrgh just seemed so dream-logical. It’s obviously a Star Wars thing that’s packed to the gills with Star Wars references, but it feels more invested in doing its own thing than I think anything I’ve seen since A New Hope.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vintersorg posted:

It's impossible to get through.

https://youtu.be/6hH8rxarVG8

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Ughnaught Nolte was straight up the Dances With Wolves wise Indian guide. He even had the accent and speech patterns.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So I plan on watching Rebels finally, but is The Clone Wars worth watching?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

CornHolio posted:

So I plan on watching Rebels finally, but is The Clone Wars worth watching?

Short answer: yes.

Medium answer: yes, but with a list so you know which episodes are stinkers that can safely be skipped.

Long answer: Yes, and watch it first because Rebels is in a lot of ways a direct sequel to Clone Wars. Clone Wars was cancelled after the Disney acquisition well into development of the next season, and a lot of story threads were left unresolved. Most of the same team went on to work on Rebels and used the opportunity to bring a lot of things to a conclusion.

EDIT: Apropos of Ahsoka-chat earlier, every six months or so I like to watch the four-episode arc at the end of Clone Wars season 4, then the season 2 premier of Rebels, then the episode where they go to the Jedi temple, then Twilight of the Apprentice, and finally A World Between Worlds, to get the full Ahsoka arc.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 14, 2019

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Random note about the Clone Wars: the release order is not their chronological order. If you're seeing someone on screen and thinking "that rear end in a top hat died like 2 seasons ago, wtf" you're not wrong. It also went hilariously far to redeem Anakin and Maul from their mistreatments in the actual movies, and for that alone it's a solid show.

Also, Clone Wars season 7 is going to come out on Disney+ in February! :)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Theres an official chronological order episode guide on the Star Wars website, if you wanna get things in the right order

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

You can safely skip any episodes whose summaries start with "C-3PO and R2-D2 ..." or "Jar-Jar ..."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Moon Slayer posted:

You can safely skip any episodes whose summaries start with "C-3PO and R2-D2 ..." or "Jar-Jar ..."

I'm gonna watch only those episodes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's a pretty good episode with Mace Windu and Jar Jar.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jar Jar owns in TCW, he was made for cartoons. The only thing is, sometimes the voice actor is... nowhere close.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Jar Jar owns in TCW, he was made for cartoons. The only thing is, sometimes the voice actor is... nowhere close.

...which is weird, since it's Ahmed Best reprising the role.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
There are a couple where it's not him I think.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Pops Mgee posted:

There are a couple where it's not him I think.

Yeah, I couldn't name episodes off the top of my head, but there are a few where it's someone doing a very bad impression.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
watch clone wars first, not just because its a very solid show, but also because rebels is basically a sequel show and heavily references it

site fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 14, 2019

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Actually don't skip those. They're as close to new episodes of Droids you're ever going to get.

Also, the Jar Jar ones arent even unwatchable. They're surprisingly entertaining.

I have spoken.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You're a coward if you don't watch the episode where Jar Jar makes out with his girlfriend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How did George reach into my dreams

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Waffleman_ posted:

How did George reach into my dreams

George Lucas’ Mean Dream Machine

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The only episodes you need to skip are those four parters with the droids and the annoying rear end in a top hat captain.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

VaultAggie posted:

The only episodes you need to skip are those four parters with the droids and the annoying rear end in a top hat captain.

Though it does have a cool light show at the end.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I loved the first star wars clone wars show sooo much, also worth a watch and I believe it's been uploaded to YouTube

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/OdleAdam/status/1194858498523312128

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

He's a good dude.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

He's a good dude.

:agreed:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Nobody should skip D Squad. It’s weird and cool and good.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

You can safely skip A Sunny Day In The Void though

The rest of that arc's pretty good and Gregor's amazing

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

gently caress skipping anything. Experience the whole drat show, the good and the bad.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Yo, The Mandalorian is dope as hell. That is all.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

gently caress skipping anything. Experience the whole drat show, the good and the bad.

Watch everything once, then cherrypick your personal favorites on a rewatch

I should rewatch the Umbara Arc for the...twentieth time? Usually twice a year at least

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Has anyone played Jedi: Fallen Order, and if so are there any Rebels easter eggs in it? I know from the trailers that the Inquisitors are a going concern but anything else?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Has anyone played Jedi: Fallen Order, and if so are there any Rebels easter eggs in it? I know from the trailers that the Inquisitors are a going concern but anything else?

I think it comes out tomorrow

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fallen Order would've been infinitely cooler if you got to play as someone other than generic white rice vanilla Jedi man.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh, I thought it was already out but I guess a bunch of YouTubers probably just got access a day or two early or something because I'm seeing 30-minute long "Fighting the Second Sister" videos in my recommendations.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Its probably out if you have a VPN set to New Zealand or some poo poo.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
They probably got it under an embargo where they're allowed to play up to a certain point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Doctor Pershing had a Kaminoan clone uniform patch on his shoulder.