Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
do the champions in this game actually talk, I had no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
A stronger version of Soraka's old starfall would be a neat idea. Maybe offers alternative build paaths focusing less on burst and more on staying alive in extended engagements to get some exponential damage growth.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It really doesn't matter how strong they make Diana's new R after they swap the current ult to E, just having her entire kit online at level 2 or 3 is huge and now she has a extra button she can press that will probably win teamfights every 2 minutes.

She is a entirely combo dependent champ that doesn't get the combo until 6, would be like if Lee could only dash with his Q after hitting level 6.

No I totally agree the e r swap is enough to make her finally decent but just add some special effects to her e to make it look more powerful lol I don't know. If they do add anything to her ult such as a post slow or increase area of effect, she will truly be busted.

Dancer posted:

A stronger version of Soraka's old starfall would be a neat idea. Maybe offers alternative build paaths focusing less on burst and more on staying alive in extended engagements to get some exponential damage growth.

Man the old Starfall was so busted, aoe auto targeted spell with short cd + decent scaling. The ap Soraka mid was truly a thing of beauty, with rylais.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I do hope if they are looking into Diana they also do something about her ability to delete towers anytime she is left alone in a lane for a single wave, that third strike damage chunking towers does busted damage and it's frustrating when the teammates who are able to match her in lane just ignore her and suddenly the entire base is dead with one push.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i spammed jungle diana when she could do drake level 3 faster and safer than any other champion in the game. i hope this makes her a better ganker pre 6 because shes decent in the jungle when she gets ult

strong bird
May 12, 2009

morgana loves the soil and wont shut the gently caress up about it. when kayle is there they talk about flying and the soil constantly

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

the long move monologues are cool acrually. Aatrox and Mordekaiser's are especially rad.

it is genuinely bad, on a very real level which is that audio cues are very important in league of legends as anyone who played against a kled can vouch(and other champions to a lesser extent. you can react to audio cues faster than visual) ... you can reduce the champion voice level, but i think players should not have to adjust their audio levels for each champion.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Audio cues are indeed important. That’s why I use Super Galaxy Rumble, so I get constant reaffirmation of what ability I’m using!

strong bird
May 12, 2009

pyke: ahh the river. i hate the water. boy do i hate WAter

every time you go near the river

rakan: I will place this WArding Trinket Ward! Just Doin my Job!

every time you place a ward in a 30 minute game

morgana: soil. i love it. i love the soil. sister, i love the soil

every time you see the soil

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Ulio posted:

No I totally agree the e r swap is enough to make her finally decent but just add some special effects to her e to make it look more powerful lol I don't know. If they do add anything to her ult such as a post slow or increase area of effect, she will truly be busted.

Make it pull abit more distance and global!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

it is genuinely bad, on a very real level which is that audio cues are very important in league of legends as anyone who played against a kled can vouch(and other champions to a lesser extent. you can react to audio cues faster than visual) ... you can reduce the champion voice level, but i think players should not have to adjust their audio levels for each champion.

The only time the long quotes play is when you're moving long distances, IE when you're not in range of basically anything apart from maybe a Kled ult?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I like Mord and Jhin. They have good fun lines. Kindred is also good. The right kind of weird I guess.

Looking forward to whatever they end up with for new fiddle. They wanted to do a dual voice thing. I hope the idea sticks!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Ulio posted:

Oh gently caress that might be it. As a season 4 Diana player, I ditched her after Ekko came and then Sylas who are basically better versions of her imo + similar builds. I hope they make the e range a lot bigger if they make that an ult or else it will be very underwhelming.

Diana is actually good in lane vs a lot of the s8-s9 mids but her pre 6 is old Kassadin levels of bad but if she gets the dash on e that would make a lot of the matchups free lanes for her as she doesn't really rely on her pullback/cc to win most lanes anyway. She just has decent dps and tankiness vs most mids. No idea if it will make it through live but I will start playing her just to get used to her again. I got the infernal skin on hextech a while back and always waited for some kind of buff.

Back in Season 3-4 it was always incredibly fun to play Diana into one-trick Katarina players because you could usually make them ragequit by midgame.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
rest in peace original taric

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mindblast posted:

I like Mord and Jhin. They have good fun lines. Kindred is also good. The right kind of weird I guess.

Looking forward to whatever they end up with for new fiddle. They wanted to do a dual voice thing. I hope the idea sticks!
heres new fiddle:

when you click to move: i am chased by eternal darkness across several hundred dimensions while my soul suffers for all eternity in a pit of boundless hatred for all mankind, only the torment of innocents can sustain my broken body for i am fiddloesticks, the ender of all life and joy muahahahahahaha you see when i was seven i was a a scarecrow created by an evil wizard to destroy good things and help bad things i think maybe? and then i killed some guy in my old lore hold on let me look it up ahem ahem Niram and his fellow brigands readied their horses beneath the noonday sun. He fastened the buckle of the last satchel on his horse. Each was filled with an assortment of ornately carved daggers, snowfox furs, and cured meat. The stolen wares weighed his horse’s saddle down so significantly he decided to walk her back to their camp.

Minesh slowed his horse to walk by Niram’s side.

“Why aren’t you riding?” he asked.

“A man who is kind to his horse receives kindness in return,” answered Niram.

“Maybe she’ll reward you with a fine trade at market,” said Minesh. “She’s too swaybacked to ride anyway.”

“Not at all. This old girl’s got many a mile left in her,” said Niram. Minesh rode past, shaking his head.

By the time the men reached the barren field before their cave hideout, the setting sun was casting its rosy glow over the horizon. A hollow, whistling wind blew through rotted stalks and choking weeds. Moldy bales of hay were strewn about like corpses on a battlefield. Watching over this abandoned land was a crude scarecrow of cloth and straw balanced on two legs of thin willow. Its tattered rags fluttered in the wind, and a rusted scythe hung limp from one arm.

The brigands passed through the field and into the ragged thicket at its edge, where they approached the mouth of a cavern with stalactites protruding like bared teeth.

After hobbling his mare with the other horses near the entrance, Niram joined the bandits who were kindling a fire beneath its lofty stone ceiling. Rimeal, a man with a scar bisecting his face, nodded to him. Niram reached into his pocket to examine his most prized treasure: a shining red amulet hanging from a delicate chain.

Niram recalled the moment he saw the necklace around the noblewoman’s neck, framed by lavishly embroidered curtains in the window of her carriage. He and Rimeal had halted the travelers under pretense of warning them about an approaching pack of raiders, when in fact their men were already lying in wait.

It had only taken the guards a moment to spot the trap, but it was enough. Niram had silenced the first with a slash to the throat, while Rimeal gutted the second. Their compatriots slew the others in a hail of arrows. Niram entered the carriage, demanding the necklace, but the woman held it tight to her breast. The stubborn wretch had slashed at him with a concealed knife before he plunged his own dagger into her neck and ripped the necklace from her grasp.

Niram held it now as tightly as he had then, wiping away a spot of blood from the amulet until it reflected the rising moonlight. He replaced it in his pocket as a whinnying cry drew his attention to the horses near the entrance.

“Rat in their meal again?” Niram asked.

“They’re jumping at shadows! Some brave horses, eh?” said Rimeal.

“Not shadows,” said Minesh. “It was a ferocious bird, the great and fearsome… crow!”

when you /joke: im gay

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

would be like if Lee could only dash with his Q after hitting level 6.

I would be fine with this. As a compromise if completely deleting him from the game is not possible, at least.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Remember when they played around with removing Lee's ward hopping and the community had an absolute loving meltdown so they walked it back? Good lord how long ago was that, season 3?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

AOC is Silver 4

Reminder - Horny status: prohibited until further notice 🚫

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nazzadan posted:

Remember when they played around with removing Lee's ward hopping and the community had an absolute loving meltdown so they walked it back? Good lord how long ago was that, season 3?

I want to say around season 4 or so. It was near the time when they also removed Katarina's ward hop, IIRC?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Kat wardhop was removed during her assassin update at the end of season 6

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Toxic Mental posted:

AOC is Silver 4

does she still play anivia

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm still salty about that.

Karma needed a full rework, but Lee can't even get an unintended mechanic removed because he's too popular.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Aoc should read up on what a shite company riot is before switching to dota

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Toxic Mental posted:

AOC is Silver 4

whatever i'll pine for whomever I want, thank you

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

eric ciaramella posted:

Valve ain’t much better

Gaben you piece of poo poo where in the motherFUCK is loving Left 4 Dead 3 you pissbitch

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

eric ciaramella posted:

I don't wanna go to bat for riot necessarily but im not sure "support valve instead" is the play

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

riot is fine now, they have been cleaning up their act... not exactly good but for big video game company standards they are above average

strong bird
May 12, 2009

is the guy that makes people smell his balls or whatever still there

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

strong bird posted:

he was suspended without pay for two months

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

i do not think so, i just know they hired a diversity consultant and people from riot that i have heard from seem content with the changes and a lot more women + people of colour are involved in senior positions and are heading some of the projects now

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh I didn’t know making some token changes cleared them of being a piece of poo poo. I guess forcing players to shut their mouths or face consequences cause they’re afraid of people speaking up for Hong Kong is cool.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
some people hear "there is no ethical consumption under capitalism" and reach the conclusion "literally nothing i do matters so i should just do whatever i want"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
this is all a distraction from the important point that AOC plays league and is awesome

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Oh I didn’t know making some token changes cleared them of being a piece of poo poo. I guess forcing players to shut their mouths or face consequences cause they’re afraid of people speaking up for Hong Kong is cool.

yes making changes to be a better company makes a company better. what are you talking about??

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I mean Riot is and for a long time (always?) has been poo poo, but I don't think "putting women, POC and POC women in charge of entire projects" is a "token change." That's pretty demeaning and downplaying the impact these leaders can potentially bring to the company as a whole.

Facefarter should absolutely be shitcanned and I don't know how he hasn't been yet.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

this looks good if and only if riot keeps the original course and does not flake out and just make diana a pure assassin (aka, loving boring)

they are designing her to be viable with assassin, bruiser, and aspd builds apparently

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Wait, wait, wait, what's wrong with being S4?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Door Frame posted:

nothing, it's actually the best rank now

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The Door Frame posted:

It's not the commoner's rank, Gold4. Gold4 is the average rank by both median and mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sexpansion posted:

this is all a distraction from the important point that AOC plays league and is awesome

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshHarder/status/1194760623189581825?s=20