Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I swear the one I saw said "fuh-HYUKs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

I swear the one I saw said "fuh-HYUKs."

That’s probably an edit and it should

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Faithless Looting In Las Vegas

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

AlternateNu posted:

I'll bite because I'm too tired to think. What the gently caress are you guys basing those text excerpts from?

Edit: lol. Nice. I still need to read that.

Haven't read it since college, but I have to imagine it loses a lot of it's luster when you're not a teenage pothead

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail, that's the one to read

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

ItBreathes posted:

Haven't read it since college, but I have to imagine it loses a lot of it's luster when you're not a teenage pothead

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail, that's the one to read

nah everything hunter s thompson wrote is timeless and nowadays its horrifically prescient.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Tubgoat posted:

There are not enough hours in the day for a f2p to collect enough wildcards on Arena to compete in Pioneer.

then just play standard?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
https://twitter.com/ReclusiveWizard/status/1194676796395884544

Thread.

A lot of people are confused, including people WOTC brought on just to avoid, say, this sort of situation!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Wafflecopper posted:

then just play standard?
Why on earth would I do that?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Tubgoat posted:

because spell queller isn't legal in it

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

ungulateman posted:

because spell queller isn't legal in it
Yeah, but then I have to play standard. Eternal is just fine right now, I recommend it to anyone starting to burn out on constructed Magic.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
But you were originally quitting arena because pioneer was coming to it? This some weird nonsensical trolling thing?

Though, please, quit all things magic related.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Pontius Pilate posted:

But you were originally quitting arena because pioneer was coming to it? This some weird nonsensical trolling thing?

Though, please, quit all things magic related.

No, just not playing Pioneer in Arena because thst's too many drat rare wildcards.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol o dont play paper at all anymore except Commander and I am super hype to eventually play Pioneer on Arena

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Tubgoat posted:

Yeah, but then I have to play standard. Eternal is just fine right now, I recommend it to anyone starting to burn out on constructed Magic.
I too like to post "everyone should stop playing magic because I don't like it anymore" in the thread for people who still like magic

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I am super hype to eventually play Pioneer on Arena

On Tuesdays or Thursdays?

For research purposes.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

On Tuesdays or Thursdays?

For research purposes.

Monday mornings from 9-11.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Lol o dont play paper at all anymore except Commander and I am super hype to eventually play Pioneer on Arena

I very much want to play Pioneer but I refuse to invest in MTGO or Paper except for Commander so I'm very excited for it.

I really, really wanna try playing Vintage just for the insane power level but I have no idea if that will ever come to Arena and :laffo: playing Vintage in paper.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
If you want vintage then play the mtg video game from like 1997

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ilmucche posted:

Shandalar HD please WotC.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hellsau posted:

I would pay money for that. Though I'd like the mtgo interface more than the arena one for that janky feel.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Tubgoat posted:

wait let me get this straight. you don't want to play standard, but you're upset that arena is getting pioneer because it would cost too many wildcards?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It would be great if they for example took all the relevant cards from SOI and Eldritch Moon and sold full playset for a flat fee like they are doing with those historic cards. I’m just shocked their doing that at all and at $20 for me that’s a no brainer.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hellsau posted:

gently caress yes, I'd buy it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Koirhor posted:

It would be great if they for example took all the relevant cards from SOI and Eldritch Moon and sold full playset for a flat fee like they are doing with those historic cards. I’m just shocked their doing that at all and at $20 for me that’s a no brainer.

Whoa hey now, wouldn't want to attach monetary value to magic cards.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Still LOLing that they let some Mormon psycho come in and with a sub-fanfiction quality novel (and it's not like these things are fukkin' Proust in the first place) kick over the sandcastle they spent years building up to with "LOL J/K Chandra likes big throbbing cocks ONLY."

Alas, their love was doubly forbidden: Not only girl on girl, but fire wizard on forest mage.

E:
I can fix it:
"As Nicol Bolas' last curse, a weird hetronormative Mind Spell started to abate, Chandra felt her thoughts become clear. She realized that Gideon was a corny motherfucker and she got real thirsty to get extremely nude with the elf."
Hire me Wizards.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Nov 14, 2019

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Still LOLing that they let some Mormon psycho come in and with a sub-fanfiction quality novel (and it's not like these things are fukkin' Proust in the first place) kick over the sandcastle they spent years building up to with "LOL J/K Chandra likes big throbbing cocks ONLY."

Greg Weisman isn't Mormon. Brandon Sanderson is.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Then that hack has even less of an "excuse." :colbert:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this new story strategy of putting all the story in bad books is sure paying off

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Owlbear Camus posted:

I've read some extracts of that novel he previously wrote and it's reads like something Epstein would write.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Yeah, and I can't believe they let a TERF who was caught on camera exploring twice off the same trigger write magic books.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

ilmucche posted:

You can get Shandalar to run on modern systems?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

axeil posted:

Yes, but :filez:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the pedo chud is definitely a downgrade from the mormon

Edit: no sarcasm intended, it kinda sounded that way on reread. Anyone who thinks the pedo chud should be running this poo poo is completely out of their mind

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 14, 2019

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Wait the author is pedo?

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.

axeil posted:

It’s even been fan-updated with new stuff. I got Shandalar 2015 but there’s probably something newer now. The computer never uses newer cards unless you edit their deck list files. It’s fun as hell!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Owlbear Camus posted:

Wait the author is pedo?

I think it's the WotC Story Lead that's the pedo. And very unironically.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

axeil posted:

Gaby Spatz recently streamed the entire game and I think if you watch the first VOD you can watch her trying to get it to work

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Toshimo posted:

I think it's the WotC Story Lead that's the pedo. And very unironically.

Hey thats unfair. He may have written passages such as

“This girl they sent up really is young. It’s possible she’s not even sixteen. The traces of childhood are gone — the gangliness, the spindly limbs and neck, the overlarge eyes — but just barely. Her hips have hardly swollen enough to give her a waist, her breasts will still develop a little more. But God is she sexy.”

And yes almost all the sex is between adult men and pubescent girls but as Nic Kelman said, “Technically, all the girls in the book are legal.” .......:barf:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

That's the internal monologue of a bad guy who as part of his vile characterization is a sex creep, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

That's the internal monologue of a bad guy who as part of his vile characterization is a sex creep, right?

Oh no. That’s a guy who openly worships Humbert Humbert and obviously didn’t get the joke.