Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

Just filled up my 8 TB external drive so I need to buy two more of the drat things (one to back it up and another to resume filling)

Post More First World Problems: Maybe jerk off a little less you loving lunatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cowslips Warren posted:

without getting too political about it, I would really really appreciate someone explaining to me what religious freedoms the American Mormon families who were slaughtered in Mexico, did not have in the US but did in Mexico.

Because no news station will say but I am guessing polygamy.

Polygamy, but also child abuse.

Like, even more than is tolerated in the U.S..

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
My ipod classic has stopped syncing with my computer. I don't care that it's 11 years old, it should still work, dammit!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I burned my mouth with hot tea this morning. Eating lunch was uncomfortable.

I wanted to go take a walk in a nearby park but it's too cold today. I'll have to wait for tomorrow or Friday.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Cacafuego posted:

Post More First World Problems: Maybe jerk off a little less you loving lunatic

:laffo:

For content, work is really, really slow right now and goddamn it, while I hate talking to customers, I'm honestly just loving bored. :smithcloud:

Lossy Compression
Sep 29, 2019

Hooked On A Feeling
Netflix has too many shows and not enough movies, and they cancel shows so frequently that now I won't even touch a new show unless it's got at least two seasons because I don't want to get invested in something that will just disappear before the next season.

Also, they're gradually training everyone to think ten episodes is a season.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Lossy Compression posted:

Also, they're gradually training everyone to think ten episodes is a season.

That’s a good thing.
It’s better than stretching plots out over too many episodes and running out of ideas and having crappy filler episodes. But then I grew up on British TV where shorter seasons were the norm and ad breaks were minimal or non existent so you had more actual show in your show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There should be room for shows like X Files and Fringe where the monster of the week are really entertaining.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
The big new video game releases right now are Jedi Souls and The Postman (auteur edition) and I'm not excited about either.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ignore them and play good games like Celeste

The Pixel 3a is going to be $100 off this Sunday but I think I need to save more cash for the holidays. I don't really need a new phone but I want a good camera this time unlike the cheapo motorolas I've been buying the past 5 years.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

I am lazy.

I got a good paycheck and want to buy stuff but know I shouldn't because realistically, I need to save this money. But... stuff.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I never seem to have mixing bowls that are big enough when cooking. I also never remember this until I am actually cooking and trying to keep everything in the bowl :argh:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
1) car got jacked and totaled last night. not gonna be able to make a claim on it.
2)unemployment income is drying up very soon and i need a job asap.
3)the one job that seemed most likely to hire me dumped me after this interview, which i thought i did stellar in. they sent me the rejection email a few moments ago.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I want to eat my dinner but the pot edible won't kick in for a half hour :(

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Saw a shirt I really liked but it was from the men's section and the smallest size was still too big for me because I'm 5'1". :(

I mean, I still bought it, but still. Men's clothes appeal to me more than women's clothes, make them for short people dammit

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’ve had a cough since before Halloween and went to the doctor for it yesterday. I got prescribed an inhaler and got it sent to a CVS near home. The drive from the doctor to CVS took me about 20 minutes, but I still had to wait a few. Then as my payment was processing their system went down. A few minutes later it was still down with no ETA on a fix, and I went home.

My quickest route to work involves getting on a highway and then having about 1 mile to get to the far left lane and take the exit there and I hate it. Every commercial truck when I’m trying to change lanes or get somewhere on time. Lane changing in general.

Getting constantly asked to do the annoying thing at work because I’m the guy who has always done it.

My inability to get just an interview for an entry-level computer touching job, even at the community college where I got my IT degree, that I learned about because they advertised it specifically to people like me at the job fair they held :sigh:

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 16:47 on Nov 21, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I loving hate when a schedule goes off. Usually my mom is off to work before me, but this week she took extra days off. Which means she stayed up an extra three hours worth of Gray's Anatomy last night. Which threw off my night because I am used to having time alone after 7pm. Follow into the morning where she is puttering around the house, and since she is getting sick, the usually quiet morning is broken with coughs, lots of sneezing, and wanting to talk throughout the entire mess.

My friend's fish tank had a dieoff last night (well, he found the bodies last night), which is never a good thing, but I loving hate when people blame it on something other than bad luck. The fish in question hide a LOT, but that doesn't stop people from critically inspecting his tank photos and saying if he didn't have so many plants or paid attention to the tank or did this or that or....it was a poo poo thing, it happens!

We have a kitten rescue with a heart issue. A bad one, the vet gives her maybe 2 months to live without surgery. Another rescue stepped up and said they would fund the entire surgery...until they found out it's congenital, and withdrew the money after the surgery was scheduled. I don't see why that is a goddamn issue since she is never going to breed (the heart issue means she cant get spayed) so we are looking at a few months possibly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm gonna go see Knives Out today after work.
Buuuut it's just long enough after that I could go home first but only for a little bit and the theater is on the way from my office to home.

Aside from a dying mall, there isn't anything to do in that area.

No one has suffered like me!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's cool seeing some of the friends Rian Johnson cast in his older movies like Brick showing up in newer ones like Knives Out. But it makes me wish I had famous friends.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I got a coupon for 30% off a neat looking game, but can't use it because it's already on sale for 10% off, and steam won't let you just use the 30% instead of the 10%.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I wanna play Generation Zero but ain't got nobody to play it with. :saddowns: Everyone I played it with before have hosed off into the ether or something and none of my other friends have it.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

My YouTube recommendations are so weird because I use it for many purposes. I am too lazy to clear the cache. So if I want to play a video for kids, the "up next" thing is inevitably some depressing documentary about violence or simpsons jokes that the kids won't get.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i caught some weird algorithm shenanigans the other day, I was watching a video demonstrating a type of gear reduction. It was a CG animation of a spindle, and gears, etc. The background was like a bright cyan, the gears were yellow, and the shaft was green. Just glaring saturated colours.

And recommended the videos along the side were ALL kids things, like that Ryans Toy Review channel, and peppa pig official channel videos. Things I have never watched in my life. The video I was watching was clearly labelled as a gear reduction demo in the technology section. The interesting thing was the similarity in the colour palette of the gear video I was watching and the toy commercial/pegga pig thumbnails. They were a dead match, tons of bright cyan, yellows, and greens. It was like youtube saw primary colours in a video and decided i was a 3 year old. This was based on ZERO descriptors or manual categorisation or content within the video whatsoever, just recommendations based on the general colours in a video. And the child reccomendations were ALL the way down, even if I scrolled it wouldnt pick poo poo from my actual viewing habits and show me AvE or like the 8 bit guy or whatever, it was just completely switched over to a childrens recommendation engine

and of course now that I'm looking for it I cant find the original gear video

bring back old gbs has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Dec 1, 2019

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Did you delete it from your viewing history? That should fix it.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Me: *watches one video of an actual philosopher deconstructing Jordan Peterson's logical fallacies and downright blunders*
YouTube: *Redpill, Joe Rogan, and actual Jordan Peterson lecture video recommendations forever*

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Same thing happened when I saw a video about how his daughter only eats meat and it cured her depression

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gschmidl posted:

Did you delete it from your viewing history? That should fix it.

it was literally just that one video. As soon as I opened a different one my recommendations went back to normal and nothing from that cursed list has ever popped up anywhere else

EDIT: holy poo poo found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJd3leQOUY

wasnt as brightly coloured as I remembered but the videos are still all fucky, heres what I see for this one video VS what a normal list of poo poo that gets served up

I think we all know youtube does this sort of poo poo, I've just never seen it do it so blatantly across interest categories like that. Makes me wonder if you could purposefully game this type of poo poo by uploading videos with random specific colour blotches to test where it auto associates

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

I got more hours so I'm going to get more money, but also I don't want to work.

I laid down on my Apple Watch and heard it's electronic noise (I'm one of those people that can hear those) and it freaked me out so now I can't sleep on that wrist :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I deposited a bunch of coins at the bank this morning. I miscounted the quarters so I was $1 short of a $10 roll, and the bank won't accept loose change, so I had to piece together $1 and wait in line an extra time to ask the teller to change it into four quarters.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Gas stations seem to be trending towards selling all their candy in huge “share size” packages without smaller options, and I don’t want that much.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Dr Christmas posted:

Gas stations seem to be trending towards selling all their candy in huge “share size” packages without smaller options, and I don’t want that much.

I had an open box of "Bottle Caps" for over a month and they still tasted okay. Probably wouldn't work with chocolate or nuts though.
I wasn't even the original purchaser of the Bottle Caps. My cousin bought the box and got tired of them so it could have been a month old already.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I can’t wear my Fitbit for longer than a few days before it hurts. I’ve tried wearing it on different wrists, loosening it, tightening it, different bands, and now I think I can literally only wear it when I exercise and have to remove it immediately afterwards. It’s not a huge loss because I don’t exercise that much and I only really use it during the spring fitness thing at work but i liked tracking how much I run around at work (a lot sometimes!) and how far I walk on my commute and it was fun 🙁

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just want to order some bad-for-me fast food for delivery, but the restaurants that partner with doordash have near-comprehensively enacted a no-special-rules thing. I just want to have them make my burger plain, I ain't asking for much :(

Connected to this, it's now wintertime, so it's cold and I can't just walk over to where I want without freezing bits of me off that I don't want frozen off.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

HOLY gently caress posted:

I can’t wear my Fitbit for longer than a few days before it hurts. I’ve tried wearing it on different wrists, loosening it, tightening it, different bands, and now I think I can literally only wear it when I exercise and have to remove it immediately afterwards. It’s not a huge loss because I don’t exercise that much and I only really use it during the spring fitness thing at work but i liked tracking how much I run around at work (a lot sometimes!) and how far I walk on my commute and it was fun 🙁

Fitbit used to make tiny ones you could just put in your pocket, maybe a competitor still does?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Fitbit still does. It's called the Inspire and they sell a $20 accessory clip. But I'd hold off because Google just bought them and I have a feeling their product lines are about to get gutted.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They were called the Zip, I thought. At least that's the one I had before I managed to lose it walking around the state fair :smith: It was a present from a friend, too.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
The chocolate in my advent calendar melted a little bit at some point and now I can't tell what the little pictures on them are supposed to be :saddowns:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Staffing companies won't leave me alone and I despise them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My back pain has been largely solved through ibuprofen and IcyHot.
I waited two weeks before trying either and now I feel like a dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
My GF is pissed off at me because I just wanted to chill at home at least for Sunday instead of being out at hers all weekend pretty much.

Is it really so hard to understand that I want to get high, listen to the rain in bed, and play games and that it’s not actually supposed to be offensive? :shrug:

Sometimes I feel like this relationship stuff is like another job. I get scheduled for shifts and have to commute out there.