Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Nah it was pretty great really
Elgin and Omega have good chemistry

Plus they had to come up with it essentially on the fly because the original opponent, Tanahashi, was too hurt to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
elgin is hilariously ugly in every way and gedo should cask of amontillado him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

elgin is hilariously ugly in every way and gedo should cask of amontillado him

Gedo's already ejected him into the ocean. Supposedly swam back to TNA but no one watches TNA so its like that cat in a box scenario.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

Gedo's already ejected him into the ocean. Supposedly swam back to TNA but no one watches TNA so its like that cat in a box scenario.

ah schrodinger’s hexagon. good on gedo, what a sweet boy.

anyway i looked up schrodinger to see if i spelled it passably and his picture on wikipedia was mel’s avatar, if anyone needed another reason to think that dude was a fuckin idiot

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I decided to check out Elgin v Cage and the video package had me sold. The match was bad and it was entirely Elgin.

Content: https://twitter.com/RobertONeill31/status/1194697880663134209?s=20

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's a mediocre opinion made good by way of pissing off a worse opinion-haver

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

kenny really gets to the lovely posters i loving love him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WatermelonGun posted:

ah schrodinger’s hexagon. good on gedo, what a sweet boy.

anyway i looked up schrodinger to see if i spelled it passably and his picture on wikipedia was mel’s avatar, if anyone needed another reason to think that dude was a fuckin idiot

Don't worry, Elgin has already turned up in both Big Japan & NOAH (wrestled Sekimoto in BJW, Sugiura in NOAH)

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Don't worry, Elgin has already turned up in both Big Japan & NOAH (wrestled Sekimoto in BJW, Sugiura in NOAH)

elgin/sekimoto actually sounds promising, ngl

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

daisuke has been making questionable decisions recently. i question him.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Thanks for the content, ACH!

quote:

So dude has lost it huh.

See him in tna then

In a year where Lio calmed down faced his punishment and came out as cw champ.

Kofimania happened

Where sasha and bayley got titles. Where asuka and kairi and shinsuke hold titles.

When we give major pushes to Lashley, new day, street profits, ali, andrade, bianca

This dude just comes off as salty. Like gotdamn. A lot of minorities are doing big things in wwe from nxt and up

There is some slimy business poo poo wwe does. But right now they are the most culturally diverse wrestling fed in the world.

How many black world champions did roh or impact have this year?

This dude mad. But he won that nxt tournament. I mean this dude tanked himself.

We got dudes like Velveteen, Swerve, and Lio holding it down in nxt right now.

But man if he claims for the culture and proceeds to imply working for a racist company makes you a sell out bitch. Things just not a good look

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah people are pushing a narrative that ACH isn’t mentally well which is something I see when POC get justifiably angry at their treatment. It’s racist and I don’t care for it.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
"We."

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
wanna punch that dude like in the new stupid newbie avs

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I get why there's an instinct to be concerned, because he does seem like something more than "pissed," but we can't put ourselves in his shoes and it seems like this was brewing for over a month before he went public, so yeah, nobody should be jumping to conclusions.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also staying in a place that encourages racism and getting help from said place is really not good for mental health either

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also staying in a place that encourages racism and getting help from said place is really not good for mental health either
I'm guessing there was supposed to be another "not" in there, but that too.

When you really think about what we know or can easily infer, it's pretty obvious why he would be a wreck: He was taken off all bookings after the week where the shirt design went live. There was reportedly an injury in there, and not an especially major one, but he...went back to Texas and wasn't at the PC, where the WWE doctor and physical therapy team are. Huh? One of the ideas behind the the PC was that as more and more talent was based in Orlando, they'd all have easy access to the company medical care. And he knew that Triple H had insisted on the shirt for some (racist?) reason even as at least one of his lieutenants (Road Dogg) was trying to at least gently nudge him towards putting the design on a light colored shirt. Oh, all while one of the coaches was "the most racist person in WCW," Terry Taylor.

Sounds stressful!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah going back to work with Terry Taylor after having a shirt like that designed sound 100% awful and stressful

Also of course WWE still employs Terry Taylor

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah going back to work with Terry Taylor after having a shirt like that designed sound 100% awful and stressful

Also of course WWE still employs Terry Taylor
So I have a story that I can tell, but I'll leave as many identifying details as possible to be fair even if it was never stated that this was off the record, since it was a semi-casual interaction and wrestlers aren't always taught that kind of stuff:

After some occasion where I mentioned Terry Taylor's rep as a lovely person—without specifically mentioning the racism—a female wrestler who had worked for him a good bit reached out to me. She said that while she knew he had a bad rep, Taylor had always been wonderful to her, and she also mentioned that he had become a born-again Christian at some point, to boot. After a few messages back and forth, I explain that it had become a hotter topic of conversation after the (since-disappeared from the internet) Steve Ray podcast calling him the most racist person in WCW, how I had known about it for years from researching the WCW lawsuits, etc. And then...she just never replied after that.

I let it sit for a day or two, at which point I had an epiphany in lieu of following up.

"Oh! Wait a second, she wasn't talking about his reputation for hating black people. She was actually talking about his other bad rep, for sexually harassing young women in the wrestling business. And she had no idea I was talking about something else. Oof."

Is it possible that he genuinely had a religious awakening and realized the error of his ways? Sure. But it would have been since at least the Konnan lawsuit from when they were in TNA together, since he had similar issues there. I dunno if I buy that, and regardless, this one wrestler not getting creeped on or hearing him use the N-word doesn't change that much.

Oh! And before I forget, he was also alleged to have provided painkillers to Konnan while working as his direct supervisor in TNA. Can't forget that one...

davidbix fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 14, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good thing that guy had to be the red rooster

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

agreed with major mungus

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Man, I don't know how I missed the Terry Taylor being a piece of poo poo stories. I guess I just never really hear his name come up all that often these days, or I'm just not paying attention to the place he works so I miss things.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ratings breakdown has brought out the crazies again for Dave to fight

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1195195982457135105

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1195195636678660096

I love the bold strategy of running a business based off TV money by ignoring ratings. Seems good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I very much love Dave pushing the Matt Riddle is big with teen boys narrative.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I believe you mean Riddle huge for teenage boys

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ratings breakdown has brought out the crazies again for Dave to fight

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1195195982457135105

We just say "Ok boomer" now Dave.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently whenever someone feuds with Becky and loses, they are more popular than they started feuding with her. Okay then.

quote:

This is such a dumb take. How did Lacey look bad, because she lost? How did Natalya look bad? How did Sasha look bad? Just because they lost? Are you insane? This makes literally 0 sense. LACEY was a nobody before Becky how the gently caress did she not look better? DAFUQ? Natalya was doing nothing for months and before that was Ronda's sidekick, Natlaya then got a big 4 PPV match in a hot match. How does that make Natalya look worse? Sasha was gone for 4 months and was stale as F before facing Becky. Sasha after the feud was the first women drafted to SD. How does Sasha look worse? You are bitching because Becky didn't lose but loved the Asuka beat everyone like a hypocrite. Becky is still over and that's why she's still champ. What do you not understand? Please tell us how you would've book Becky feuds? Have her lose every week? If it was up to you marks you wouldn't have anyone be champ for more then 2 months. Becky just beat Ronda, she's not losing the title that easy. This is such a load of bullshit. Lacey,Natalta and Sasha all looked like stars facing Becky. Kairi just had her best main roster match 2 weeks ago. Let me guess she was buried because she didn't beat the champ clean? Piss off!!

You guys are so delusional. Natalya and Lacey were just in a history making match after they feuded with Becky. Sasha is primed to be the top star on SD. How were they worse off after Becky? If you say because they lost you should delete your account

Context: People are angry over the Charlotte/Becky vs Kabuki Warriors TLC match, and how its likely going to end (Charlotte and Becky winning the titles). I mean it's really not hard to understand why people are angry either. WWE Main Roster does a terrible job of making the people who lose to their top stars look good afterwards.

My favorite part is how this guy claimed that Sasha was even hotter after her feud with Becky...nevermind the fact that their feud was something like 90-10 in Becky's favor, and all it did was make Sasha look like a loser at the end of it and killed all of her momentum.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/GreatBrianLast/status/1195399999540084736

Imagine not liking Joey Janela, must be such a sad existence :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

Joey Janela is quickly becoming my girlfriend's favorite wrestler and while I can very much get on board with that, it also worries me because you can only fight off the attraction to a bad, bad boy for so long :ohdear:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Joey is a pretty good wrestler and an absolutely amazing talent scout in a way that few others are. Dude doesn't seem to have a lot of prejudice about what does and doesn't work in a wrestling ring and is the reason someone like Marko got his break.

1000% of the Janela hate is that he has a soft body but I don't know what else you want from someone who plays (and pretty much is in real life) a hard drinking and smoking Jersey scumbag.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Benne posted:

What a sad, narrow definition of what makes compelling pro wrestling.

At least a real-rear end carny would understand that folks like Joey Janela and Orange Cassidy are draws, even if they don’t understand why.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Brian Last belongs in the Jim Cornette thread, IMO. But everything about him is really stupid so it's a tough call.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lumbermouth posted:

At least a real-rear end carny would understand that folks like Joey Janela and Orange Cassidy are draws, even if they don’t understand why.

I think Raven mentioned something like that about his grunge look in the WCW days. Some old timer was like "I don't get it all but my kids dress this way so" and put him on TV.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
joey janela and raven both rule

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

I think Raven mentioned something like that about his grunge look in the WCW days. Some old timer was like "I don't get it all but my kids dress this way so" and put him on TV.

It was Gerry Brisco

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Brian Last belongs in the Jim Cornette thread, IMO. But everything about him is really stupid so it's a tough call.

he's sucks OP. Throw him in the cornette quarantine thread.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Benne posted:

My favourite thing is watching all those ripped 6 packs in those massive sold out stadiums in Smokey Mountain Wrestling.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

My favourite thing is watching all those ripped 6 packs in those massive sold out stadiums in Smokey Mountain Wrestling.

*6-kegs

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Joey reminds me of every line cook I ever worked with, that’s why he’s cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
At last November's GCW show in Asbury Park Joey went up and down the staircase to buy beer at the bar no less than five times during the show. After he'd already had a couple pre show.

This was during the time he was on crutches. Joey is cool.