Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

It's a little roundabout, but Reaper can for sure do that.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=1417576&postcount=3

That solution requires creating one track for each channel you want sent (fed from a single track with the notes you want played), but that's maybe not a bad thing in case you want to fine tune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
The last few days I've been playing around with some Zynaptiq software, specifically their design bundle. There's some pretty nifty stuff there. The cross-synthesis plug-in is really nothing new or interesting and it's easy to do in Csound, etc. Their adaptiverb and wormhole suites are much much more interesting and quite useful though.

Anyone know a good plug-in for spectral delay? I have some Csound stuff, but Csound plug-ins from Cabbage can be unstable so I'd prefer some stable software that's flexible.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I really miss the NI spectral delay plugin from back in the day. I've never found another that matched it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

So Math posted:

I'd like to control some hardware monosynths from my DAW as a single instrument. Is there a plugin that can rotate/round robin the midi channel of each note I play?

FLStudio might be able to do this with patcher.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
The new multitap delay in Cubase 10.5 munches CPU like no one's business (I would imagine this would get patched as its not exactly been out long).
Was firing a kick through it set to 8ths and trying different effects on each tap to build a sort of industrial noise loop thing but it kept maxing my cpu out. Never had any other plugin do that.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Apparently I can update Decapitator to the whole Soundtoys 5 Bundle for $164. Are the other effects worth it?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oldstench posted:

Apparently I can update Decapitator to the whole Soundtoys 5 Bundle for $164. Are the other effects worth it?
Yeah. Decapitator is the most worth it IMO, but the others are helpful too.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Microshift is really nice and Little Plate gets used as well despite me having all the Valhallas.

landobee
Nov 25, 2004
Be Water
So, Phoscyon and Lush 101 from D16 are now both 40% off:
https://d16.pl/phoscyon
https://d16.pl/lush-101/overview

Does anyone have something nice to say about those two plugins?
I don't have a 303 sound yet, and could always use a nice synth but can't find too much about them.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

DjLando posted:

I don't have a 303 sound yet, and could always use a nice synth but can't find too much about them.

Have you considered downloading TAL-Bassline (which is free) and running that off your DAW's sequencer (which is probably much less painful to use)?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Phoscyon sounds good but the 303 interface isn't for everyone--it can be controlled via piano roll in your daw with velocities and note lengths working for accent/slide. It also to my recollection doesn't have scaleable GUI which is a fucker on hires monitors. I may be wrong on that though.

LuSH 101 is great, though CPU hungry, much more readable than Phoscyon and tbh will do acid sounds just fine. It has 6 layers (effectively a stack of six of the main page you can activate and flick between) and a keyboard split mode. A few of the presets make great use of this, not just for pads but whole "song starter" type things with percussion, bass and lead sounds in one patch. The modulation is mostly WYSIWYG via the main page with a few extra parameters available in a separate matrix page.

If I were in the market for a VA-on-steroids it'd be a tough call between this and Reveal Sound Spire, though Spire has additional poo poo like fm and wavetables to play with.

Edit: scaleable GUI is becoming more important to me as I have a 2k monitor and Windows scaling is erratic as gently caress in Cubase (which in and of itself is fine since they added hiDPI)

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 26, 2019

landobee
Nov 25, 2004
Be Water

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Have you considered downloading TAL-Bassline (which is free) and running that off your DAW's sequencer (which is probably much less painful to use)?

I have not; but will do! Thanks :)

landobee
Nov 25, 2004
Be Water

NonzeroCircle posted:

Phoscyon sounds good but the 303 interface isn't for everyone--it can be controlled via piano roll in your daw with velocities and note lengths working for accent/slide. It also to my recollection doesn't have scaleable GUI which is a fucker on hires monitors. I may be wrong on that though.

LuSH 101 is great, though CPU hungry, much more readable than Phoscyon and tbh will do acid sounds just fine. It has 6 layers (effectively a stack of six of the main page you can activate and flick between) and a keyboard split mode. A few of the presets make great use of this, not just for pads but whole "song starter" type things with percussion, bass and lead sounds in one patch. The modulation is mostly WYSIWYG via the main page with a few extra parameters available in a separate matrix page.

If I were in the market for a VA-on-steroids it'd be a tough call between this and Reveal Sound Spire, though Spire has additional poo poo like fm and wavetables to play with.

Edit: scaleable GUI is becoming more important to me as I have a 2k monitor and Windows scaling is erratic as gently caress in Cubase (which in and of itself is fine since they added hiDPI)

Great info, thanks!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
If you want a good 303 sound, Phoscyon will do it. The interface is legit 303, so you'll need to learn it. But it's pretty simple once you learn it. And quick. I put together about 15 really nice basslines that I liked in an hour of loving about.

The interface looks nice on both my 1080p PC and Retina screen Macbook. It is def not resizable, so maybe that's a thing.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 26, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Woooo! :toot: I now own Crystallizer. Thanks Soundtoys!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I bought microshift and phase mistress.

Love soundtoys

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

DjLando posted:

Download the trial and compare it to https://www.audiorealism.se/audiorealism-bass-line-3.html . Pick whatever you like sounding best. I have Phoscyon and a whole bunch of other D16 plugins. They have nice discounts for existing customers, and the user interfaces are eye-candy.

I'm not a big fan of the distortion in Phoscyon - external ones seem to give me better results. To me it's sometimes hard to push it into really raw territory, but that may also be my own lack of skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbWfEPgTntk

303 anoraks are a particular kind of people, though.

NonzeroCircle posted:

I wouldn't really compare Spire to LuSH-101. Spire is effectively an Access Virus B with some JP8000 DNA thrown in for fun. It's got a wider range of sounds. It's also on sale, but you have to like that hyped trance character (I do).

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Korg Collection for $100 or V Collection for $200? :aaa:

I have Oddysey and Mono/Poly on iPad and want to get access to them as VSTs, because they are awesome, and I'm sure the M1/Wavestation/MS-20 will be worth some fun as well. V Collection just has sooo much stuff though, and I've been lusting after the CS-80 emulation. I do have some of the V Collection sounds covered with Komplete though, and part of me thinks the money would be better spent getting a u-he synth like Diva or Repro for those vintage sounds. However, there is an appeal to having all the emulations w/ presets to play around with for inspiration, rather than another bread and butter synth.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just realized that I now have both Crystallizer and Iris 2, and now my weird sound design dreams can be truly realized :swoon:

Shame I don't have any current projects that call for super strange, hosed up sound design, but oh well.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Reaktor and Massive on sale.

Feeling like splurging on one or the other

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Reaktor and Massive on sale.

Feeling like splurging on one or the other

If you are choosing between those two get Reaktor.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Kick2 is 40% off. ($38) Everything has a kick, so it'll be your most used plugin.

Exports as well, so if you've got a groovebox it'll pair up with that as well.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 29, 2019

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
SoundToys has a flash sale of Little Radiator for $9.

Looks like they'll have a new flash sale every week that last a week with 90% off. I think.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Is anyone using plogue sforzando in Reaper? It seems to crash (and take Reaper and the woke asio stack with it) seconds after starting playback in the 64bit vst2 and vst3 versions with runtime errors and I even got an unexpected memory leak warning. The 32bit vst2 version luckily doesn't do that.

Is that just the state of things? I've had the vst3 version of melodyne crash on me as well. I'm not sure where to put the blame.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Anyone here use Loopcloud? Seems pretty boss. Any impressions?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Oldstench posted:

No, but I have been using XO, which has some similar ideas (but only for drum sequencing).

I also sometimes nerd out about infoviz, and it has a really great interface from that perspective. The tSNE map of all your samples owns.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

No, but I have been using XO, which has some similar ideas (but only for drum sequencing).

I also sometimes nerd out about infoviz, and it has a really great interface from that perspective. The tSNE map of all your samples owns.

That's pretty cool looking. Never heard of it before.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I know it's been out for a while, but does anyone here have any reviews or thoughts on the RYM2612 Sega Genesis/Mega Drive plugin?

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Oldstench posted:

I love it. It's structured a little weirdly and the website imo doesn't do a great job of explaining the strengths of it, so it took a day or two to really click for me. It lets you buy individual samples a la carte (for a few cents each using points) which is great because you can focus on the parts of a sound library which interest you and not pay for instruments or genres you'll never use. I signed up for the free trial month at the "studio" tier (normally $12) which gives you 500 points a month. One-shot samples are 1 point, loops are 2 points (most are 4-8 bars), there are a small number of longer song section loops which are 4 or 8 points. You also get a sizable "welcome pack" in your library when you sign up, which has quality / modern content. There are also usually a handful of samples marked as free in each collection as teasers.

There are a number of ways you can use Loopcloud but for actual production you can put the Loopcloud VST on a DAW track. All this does is provide a bridge between the Loopcloud client and your DAW, so you can preview loops in your (online) library synced to track tempo, with the audio routed into a DAW track. To actually use the sample though, you click the "download HQ" button in the LC client, and you can click another button to copy the loop to the clipboard, where you can paste it into a DAW track, or drag it into a sampler vst or whatnot.

The library also lets you search by parameters, say you want to look at all your techno bass loops sorted by tempo or key. This makes it really easy to find stuff across sample collections, and I love that you only have to download the samples you use in a track, the rest stays in the cloud. I mostly work off of a laptop these days and that's a big plus.

It's Loopmasters who have been around for years and I've found a lot of useful samples. The client is still a little rough around the edges but nothing that affects workflow (and the client is just a librarian, it's not something you ever need to use the loops). The client is a little bit like Steam in that it is designed to low-key always make you aware there is a storefront just a button press away, but it was easy to navigate around that stuff after a bit, and the "new releases" splash screen is a lot more relevant than most storefronts.

Anyway I think it's super cool and worth the free trial month for sure.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The biggest use I get out of it is that their client can manage your entire sample collection outside of their storefront.

When you've got piles of samples anything that can help sort that poo poo is a bonus.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Is there a recommended VST that assists in layering samples? "Layer" is supposed to be a plugin in FL Studio that lets you do this, but it appears it's gone in recent versions, and I can't figure out how to add audio file samples to Patcher (also an FL Studio baked-in thing).

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Is there a recommended VST that assists in layering samples? "Layer" is supposed to be a plugin in FL Studio that lets you do this, but it appears it's gone in recent versions, and I can't figure out how to add audio file samples to Patcher (also an FL Studio baked-in thing).

What do you mean "assist"? Can't you just pull up however many instances of whatever FL uses for a sampler, put different samples on each one, and then route one MIDI track to all of them? Group them and there you go.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

That's what I thought the plugin Layer was, but like I said, it appears to be missing. Every tutorial I find online says to select that and it's just gone for me, unless I'm doing something wrong. I've seen others online saying the same thing.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's what I thought the plugin Layer was, but like I said, it appears to be missing. Every tutorial I find online says to select that and it's just gone for me, unless I'm doing something wrong. I've seen others online saying the same thing.

Reinstall?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's possible I just don't know what I'm doing, or it changed in the most recent version (there was a new one this weekend). I'll just look closer when I get home.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Lollllll NI and Arturia both released freebie reverbs for Christmas.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tayter Swift posted:

Lollllll NI and Arturia both released freebie reverbs for Christmas.
Arturia's site must be getting hammered. I'm trying to get it and the site's slow as poo poo.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's possible I just don't know what I'm doing, or it changed in the most recent version (there was a new one this weekend). I'll just look closer when I get home.

I've got FL Slayer
Fruity Soundfont Player
Fruity Video Player

No Layer. (I have 20.6)

edit: for Kicks and giggles I checked version 12 and no "Layer" plugin there either.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Arturia's site must be getting hammered. I'm trying to get it and the site's slow as poo poo.

yes, and it's pissing me off.

I want my reverb!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Jonny Nox posted:

I've got FL Slayer
Fruity Soundfont Player
Fruity Video Player

No Layer. (I have 20.6)

edit: for Kicks and giggles I checked version 12 and no "Layer" plugin there either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeakottZUs0

Does this help, or is it still definitely not there?