Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meltzer: There are more disadvantages than advantages to not having a leg.

Just the matter of fact way he laid that out there really got to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
"Maybe the winner of the diamond ring battle royal is going to propose"

"Well, I'm not sure anyone on the roster is thinking about proposing right now"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Meltzer: There are more disadvantages than advantages to not having a leg.

Just the matter of fact way he laid that out there really got to me.

Literally just got to that line and opened this thread because of it. What an absolute Dave thing to say.

And even with these guys recapping AEW I smile through it because it's like "yeah, that was an awesome show right?!".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
How little effort Dave is willing to put into WWE's horrible storytelling is really funny. He knows they don't care and thus doesn't care but Bryan still wants to analyze things like the champ he is.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It sounds like most reviewers and podcasters approve heavily of AEW, and are pretty unhappy with WWE in general (though NXT seems flat). I wonder if that’s being reflected in fan opinion for WWE, or if the fans are doubling down.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE has to pay podcasters to happily talk about their product, which is a sign of how dire things are.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

coconono posted:

WWE has to pay podcasters to happily talk about their product, which is a sign of how dire things are.

Corey Graves is going to get "so fired" over this!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Both Dave’s phones ringing during his spot on WOL is a good bit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seams posted:

Both Dave’s phones ringing during his spot on WOL is a good bit

The mobile phone was funny, but the fact his landline rang immediately afterwards (so probably the same caller trying different lines) absolutely cracked me up.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
How much is a WOR sub and can I justify the abysmal AUD conversion rate?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

12 usd a month

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

as for if it's justified, if you like dave and bryan, there's a billion podcasts a week, and the dave newsletter is still good. if you care about history poo poo at all there's a billion back issues for no extra cost. just depends how much youre into it all

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just poke around on Youtube for good moments from Bryan and Vinny. Best rants etc.

The more Bryan screams the better.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo8o-HbPWAo

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 15, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
They typically run a black Friday sale for new subscribers, I think.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Pacific Rim is also very good and the Big Audio Nightmare is as well when they record it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FullMetalJackoff posted:

They produce a huge amount of content each week, I "only" listen to WOL (which you can catch live for free on radio), WOR, Filthy Four Daily (which is weekly), The Bryan & Vinny Show, The Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare and The Pacific Rim Podcast but there is even more than that if you want to listen, plus huge archives, the daily news articles, the Newsletter back issues as well as a new newsletter weekly etc. It's pretty incredible value for money if you're a wrestling fan.

Edit: I forgot the Karl Stern stuff, which can be hit and miss, but Karl is just a lovely dude who likes chatting about wrassling and it is fun to listen to him ramble :)

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 15, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

you also get the wonderful and in no way problematic f4w board

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I think I've accessed The Board maybe once to get hold of the Best Of... compilation and then realized I could just wait for the site to put it up directly so never bothered to do so again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And we are a little over a month from The Christmas Show and the Best of 2019 so I can learn which restaurants Bryan feuded with throughout the year.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

And we are a little over a month from The Christmas Show and the Best of 2019 so I can learn which restaurants Bryan feuded with throughout the year.

you know he went back to sparda's

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I do not please keep the spoilers in their appropriate thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It probably won't, but I kinda hope the fact he trapped himself into having to buy "free water" everywhere he goes from now on is included.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
If number one or two isnt The Weights Spoke To Me it will be the biggest upset since literally everything ahead of Bam Bam Bigelow Is Nowhere but especially that neverending story about farmers or voters and gently caress i dont know

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

mods?

MassRafTer posted:

I do not please keep the spoilers in their appropriate thread.

this

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

FullMetalJackoff posted:

As a fellow Australian goon, the podcasts are worth it, Bryan and Vinny alone at delightful.

Listen to some of the stuff they put on YouTube to check you like their Comedy, and wait for the black Friday special.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I listen like, once or twice a month to a podcast and I still think it's good value for money with our Aussie FunBux.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Better than late than never, just released our full gear and Showdown in San Jose review.

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-17-aew-full-gear-and-njpw-showdown-in-sj-review/

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Lid posted:

If number one or two isnt The Weights Spoke To Me it will be the biggest upset since literally everything ahead of Bam Bam Bigelow Is Nowhere but especially that neverending story about farmers or voters and gently caress i dont know

Spooks the ghost lad runs that pretty close. Granny has been fire this year.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah but the granny segments on the best of aren't just the funny part, but the five minutes before and after too

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

Better than late than never, just released our full gear and Showdown in San Jose review.

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-17-aew-full-gear-and-njpw-showdown-in-sj-review/

This is the first time I listened to you dudes and I enjoyed it :) I like the chill, friendly vibe. Seeing as you cover the stuff I'm actually interested in, I added the podcast to my favorites on Stitcher.

Also I watched the bean pizza video and am hugely upset now thanks a lot

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I dare not ask, but I assume Jim Cornette hates AEW because that's his gimmick?

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I could be wrong but it seems that way, people love to hear him cry about stuff on podcasts

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

algebra testes posted:

I dare not ask, but I assume Jim Cornette hates AEW because that's his gimmick?

Our good friend Cornette has his own thread now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902539

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I always enjoy bits where Vinny laughs so much it sounds like the audio’s glitching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhfyY5iawQ

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

jesus WEP posted:

I always enjoy bits where Vinny laughs so much it sounds like the audio’s glitching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhfyY5iawQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXsZxDJVoJY

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Weird that Dave didn't put anything about the Chasyn Rance/Teddy Hart story in this week's newsletter.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fun fact i was walking to work when i heard this at the time, and I literally had to go and sit down because I was laughing so hard

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FullMetalJackoff posted:

I asked this same question a few months back. Tried out a sub and I listen to some combination of WOR/F4D/B&V every morning getting ready for work and usually WOL at night as background noise while cooking dinner.

Worth every penny.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Lid posted:

The biggest WO/F4W top 50 disgrace is the year where Dave’s “donmuracodonmuracodonmuracodonmuraco” short circuit didn’t even make the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TTBF posted:

Yeah but the granny segments on the best of aren't just the funny part, but the five minutes before and after too

Whoever puts the segments together REALLY needs to learn how to edit down to the actual funny parts, the compilations are ridiculously long.