Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dead rising 5 doesnt exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.
I'm still not entirely sure of the "rules" that govern my ability to own a single copy of a "Play Anywhere" title and be able to play cross-platform multiplayer with me on the PC and my child on the Xbox One. Sea of Thieves and Minecraft both work, but they're also Game Pass games. I'm not sure what rules apply to non-Game Pass games.

Eg, I want to play co-op Deep Rock Galactic with my daughter, but want to determine if I can get away with buying just one copy or if I need two. I downloaded the trial version, but it would only let one account play it simultaneously. I'm not sure if this restriction is just for the trial version or if it carries over to the full version too. It's a "Play Anywhere" game with "Xbox Live Cross-Platform Multiplayer", but it's not a Game Pass game.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Retroblique posted:

I'm still not entirely sure of the "rules" that govern my ability to own a single copy of a "Play Anywhere" title and be able to play cross-platform multiplayer with me on the PC and my child on the Xbox One. Sea of Thieves and Minecraft both work, but they're also Game Pass games. I'm not sure what rules apply to non-Game Pass games.

Eg, I want to play co-op Deep Rock Galactic with my daughter, but want to determine if I can get away with buying just one copy or if I need two. I downloaded the trial version, but it would only let one account play it simultaneously. I'm not sure if this restriction is just for the trial version or if it carries over to the full version too. It's a "Play Anywhere" game with "Xbox Live Cross-Platform Multiplayer", but it's not a Game Pass game.

Should just depend on whether the game supports cross-platform play or not. Some do, some don't. Shouldn't matter whether you have it through game pass or bought it outright.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Retroblique posted:

Found this on the game's website:

https://www.deeprockgalactic.com posted:

Note: The Xbox One / Windows 10 version from the Microsoft Store is an Xbox Play Anywhere Title. This means the following:

By buying the game from the Microsoft Store you own it on both Xbox One and Windows 10 Store (Microsoft Store).

The Game support Cross Platform Play. This means that the Xbox One and Windows 10 Store Version (Microsoft Store) are able to play together. IMPORTANT NOTE: This also means that you are NOT able to play with people, who have bought the STEAM version.

Your Progress is saved across Xbox One and Windows 10 Store version (Microsoft Store).

Note #2: The Steam version does NOT support Cross Platform Play. This mean that you are NOT able to play with people who have bought the Xbox One/ Windows 10 Version (Microsoft Store).

Edit: in your case you might be able to do it via the Home console function.

Sign into your Xbox with your profile. Make the console 'Your Home Xbox' for your account. Now buy the game with your account. She'll be able to play on the Xbox and you'll be able to play on your pc with one purchase.

I think after that you can sign out and she can sign in if she wants to get achievements etc.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 11, 2019

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Real hurthling! posted:

Dead rising 5 doesnt exist

Ha, I was wondering about that. I remember 3 and 4 coming out but didn't think a 5th had been made.

That Capcom dlc for 4 lets you play as the dude from Ghost Trick for the DS. That's an unexpected pull.

I have tried a few times to play Dead Rising 3 on PC and absolutely no combination of graphics settings on two different pcs have been able to make the game run acceptably. It's a mess.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dead rising peaked with the very first game

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

It controlled like poo poo and was full of nonsense like overpowered chainsaw juggling clown bosses and was perfect

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

2 is pretty good. It doesn't drastically change the formula from the first and I remember some of the gameplay updates making the game work a little better. The original is an absolute classic though because it was new and different and it starred former war reporter Frank West.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The original had strong Dreamcast vibes imo

- graphical showcase
- weird gameplay
- very Japanese

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The original had strong Dreamcast vibes imo

- text only visible on a pc monitor

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
:hmmyes:

As the owner of a Dreamcast VGA cable I never gave a fuuuuuuck about any of that mess.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DR2 and 3 are the best ones

DR1 I quit pretty quickly because it controls like poo poo and they expect you to kill fast bosses with those controls. But more importantly, the survivors’ AI is awful and they would die constantly. DR2 is a massive improvement in that way.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
At least the remastered DR 1 kinda fixed the controls with "Right analog aiming!" How that managed to be overlooked on the original release is proof of it's japanese origins.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DR3 ran at 2 frames a second on my pc with a single zombie on screen, so it's forever the worst one. DR1 is a classic.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

DR3 ran at 2 frames a second on my pc with a single zombie on screen, so it's forever the worst one. DR1 is a classic.

Some people didn't have issues with DR3 but even my current computer with a graphics card made years after the release of the game can't run it well. There's something screwy in there for sure.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

DR3 ran fine for me, from what I recall

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

DR2 and 3 are the best ones

DR1 I quit pretty quickly because it controls like poo poo and they expect you to kill fast bosses with those controls. But more importantly, the survivors’ AI is awful and they would die constantly. DR2 is a massive improvement in that way.

DR1 is way more playable if you unlock the Real Mega Buster first because it makes the bosses alot less bullet spongey. But to unlock it you have to kill like 50k zombies first. :v: (not too hard if you just drive vehicles up and down the tunnels)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Dead Rising series is mechanically a bit of a mess, however I really enjoy 2 despite it's flaws. It has a shitload of style and character.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jolo posted:

2 is pretty good. It doesn't drastically change the formula from the first and I remember some of the gameplay updates making the game work a little better. The original is an absolute classic though because it was new and different and it starred former war reporter Frank West.

2 ruins itself once you have to start fighting the super zombies towards the end, that poo poo was blatantly unfun

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

2 ruins itself once you have to start fighting the super zombies towards the end, that poo poo was blatantly unfun

It's not too bad in 2, in Off The Record they are super awful though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like the first three mainline games for different reasons, but they all kind of have a glaring flaw. The fourth just doesnt have enough to redeem it and somehow did Open World worse than 3.

Chop till You Drop was miserable and I bought it for like 1.50 from a bargain bin.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I don't remember them but I totally believe you. A lot of the stuff they do to try to make the games harder ends up making them worse. Like, I love the first one but I didn't for a while until I figured out the best way of dealing with the first couple of bosses. Same deal with 2 which I actually played before 1. I remember renting it from gamefly and sending it back after dying to the guy in the bathroom who attacks you with glass shards. It took a bit to realize that some stuff is best ignored until later.

I love the structure of those 2 games though. I like that you're kind of encouraged to run off and learn the layout of the areas instead of focusing on the main story line. I don't think the game communicates that to the player very well, but people who end up loving those games figure it out after a bit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The super zombies in 2 suck until you make the BFG sonic weapons or whatever then they don't matter at all.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I got Modern Warfare out of desperation and apparently it crashes constantly on the X. Cool. Too bad cuz it's the best feeling cod by far. They learned a lot from siege.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I heard it was even bricking some xbone x consoles? What the heck went wrong there.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I figured it would have been patched by now but lol nope, froze on the title screen the first time I booted it up

And there hasn't been any news in three weeks.

Edit: apparently matchmaking is poo poo for Aussies too, giving us 100+ pings with people on the other side of the world despite crossplay. Siege on the other hand has better pings (sub 10) than I got in Vancouver. May have to refund this one.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 13, 2019

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I want a Dead Rising game set on some crazy mega-cruise ship.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm a sucker for cruise ships as a setting, so that sounds super cool to me. I don't even like zombies.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I haven't gotten around to playing DR4 but I watched someone play the first parts of the game and it feels like they are out of ideas. It goes back to the wreck of the mall from the first game, and even though DR3 ended with the government helping to cure the cause of the zombies, the zombies are back again for *reasons*

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 deal is back.

Also Rage 2 rumoured to be getting added to Game Pass (was a matter of time really).

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I haven't gotten around to playing DR4 but I watched someone play the first parts of the game and it feels like they are out of ideas. It goes back to the wreck of the mall from the first game, and even though DR3 ended with the government helping to cure the cause of the zombies, the zombies are back again for *reasons*

3 came close to getting canned during development until Microsoft stepped in which is why it has a pretty definite ending despite the ~~stinger~~ at the very end (which isn't even followed up on in 4). 4 was basically "welp, the last game did ok and they want us to make another."

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I got Modern Warfare out of desperation and apparently it crashes constantly on the X. Cool. Too bad cuz it's the best feeling cod by far. They learned a lot from siege.

I’ve had it since launch on my X and the worst I’ve had is audio issues. Once or twice I’ve had the game audio just mute itself, only in the menus.

Game is great, but it needs a few quality of life adjustments.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fanatic posted:

3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 deal is back.

Also Rage 2 rumoured to be getting added to Game Pass (was a matter of time really).

How do you get the three month deal? When I log in it only offers me one month for a buck. Is it because I'm a former subscriber?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Hamsterlady posted:

I'm a sucker for cruise ships as a setting, so that sounds super cool to me. I don't even like zombies.
The Resident Evil series has two games set on ocean liners!

They're both kind of bad, sadly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Akuma posted:

The Resident Evil series has two games set on ocean liners!

They're both kind of bad, sadly.

Three. And yes, they're all kind of bad

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Beastie posted:

I’ve had it since launch on my X and the worst I’ve had is audio issues. Once or twice I’ve had the game audio just mute itself, only in the menus.

Game is great, but it needs a few quality of life adjustments.

The second time I turned it on it downloaded a bunch of patches and seems good now.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

How do you get the three month deal? When I log in it only offers me one month for a buck. Is it because I'm a former subscriber?

Hmm. What are your options here? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

It might be only new subscribers or those wanting to upgrade their regular PC game pass. When I open it in incognito mode it has a 3 month box and a 1 month box to choose from.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Fanatic posted:

Hmm. What are your options here? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

It might be only new subscribers or those wanting to upgrade their regular PC game pass. When I open it in incognito mode it has a 3 month box and a 1 month box to choose from.

Seems to be new subscribers only.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fanatic posted:

Yeah, I tried Incognito but at sign in they change it to regular price. New subs only.

However, via the actual Xbox I was able to get one month for $1. Better than nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1194985844693618692?s=19