Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yup in Infinity War. Kinda glad they cut that out, it does feel a bit too much. Much as I like Tony being cagey, the finger scene we got was perfect.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I kind of feel the same about the widow Hawkeye scene. The widow stuff plays better than in the movie, but adding a Thanos attack to the middle of a somber conversation would have felt super jarring considering the ehole Vormir vibe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That second scene feels off and I’m glad it’s out but the Nat/Clint fight in Bormir was awesome and should have stayed.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I think the cut fight on Vormir makes it not really Nat's choice, and that's why they changed it. After taking a half-dozen direct hits on a deliberately isolated planet she wasn't going to make it back alive. The final cut is better.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh i dont particularly like either of those scenes and am glad they didnt make it in

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/AvengersSource/...orgeous-a171596

https://twitter.com/LordBalvin/stat...orgeous-a171596

https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/stat...orgeous-a171596

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Plastik posted:

I think the cut fight on Vormir makes it not really Nat's choice, and that's why they changed it. After taking a half-dozen direct hits on a deliberately isolated planet she wasn't going to make it back alive. The final cut is better.

it makes it look like shes killing herself to avoid facing thanos lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hell yes

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Looks cool! That's 3 episodes probably... there are going to be 23 episodes of these?!?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks like theyre using the 3d cel shading that star wars resistance has been using, which is a plus because that show looks real real good

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

site posted:

looks like theyre using the 3d cel shading that star wars resistance has been using, which is a plus because that show looks real real good

I actually despise the way Resistance looks, but it looks like they’ve added some grit and texture in those shots, which is a marked improvement.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Whaaaaat

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It looks a lot like that direct to video animated movie that came out a few years back, just with better lighting and cel shading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G1pNYRbyPQ

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

site posted:

Whaaaaat

I think Resistance’s stark, cel shaded look makes everything look too slick, simplistic, and sterile. It also leads to a lot of silly things like people’s facial features just kind of disappearing at some angles because of the binary nature of the shading. It’s trying to ride the line between 3D and traditional animation and failing. I vastly prefer Clone Wars’ scuffed marionette style or Tartakovsky’s 2D hyper-stylization.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Phylodox posted:

I think Resistance’s stark, cel shaded look makes everything look too slick, simplistic, and sterile. It also leads to a lot of silly things like people’s facial features just kind of disappearing at some angles because of the binary nature of the shading. It’s trying to ride the line between 3D and traditional animation and failing. I vastly prefer Clone Wars’ scuffed marionette style or Tartakovsky’s 2D hyper-stylization.

Resistance looked like the old Fear Effect Playstation games.

It looked like slick poop

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Phylodox posted:

well, i must say it would be hard for me to disagree more, but i do appreciate seeing a post that is well thought out and clear in its position like this

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can see why they thought the Vormir scene was a bit overkill, but in some ways I do prefer it. It's just...I dunno, done better than the clumsy half-fight we got previously. I don't mind Thanos forcing them into the choice because they'd already made up their minds anyway. And I like that Natasha seemingly agrees with the battle plan, then just makes a beeline for the cliff regardless.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I don't like the deleted version of vormire, it feels like a bit of an rear end pull to avoid them having a real conflict between the two of them. It's better for the sacrifice to be the result of Nat winning the fight.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

God this looks amazing.

Watched Endgame on D+ and I forgot how much of a tearjerker Thor’s Time Heist bit is. It very much feels like one of the Thor comic’s emotional moments (which is what that comic is best at, really). I love how the MCU took the comics I grew up with and turned them into some really good movies.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

X-O posted:

Endgame on Disney+ has a bunch of Extras not on the physical or digital release Including several deleted scenes like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b0jOMv39iQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7urUZRoGSuw

Both are down already. lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AlternateNu posted:

Both are down already. lol

Yeah I hope someone saved those cause I sure as hell ain't paying for a sub to watch 2 scenes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah I hope someone saved those cause I sure as hell ain't paying for a sub to watch 2 scenes.

They have other stuff on there

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

They have other stuff on there

https://twitter.com/GetDisneyPlus/status/1194371507427909634

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Watched that one three times already.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

enigmahfc posted:

Resistance looked like the old Fear Effect Playstation games.

It looked like slick poop

Thank you for articulating what I couldn't find the words for. I kept thinking "video game" but couldn't pin it down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

God this looks amazing.

Watched Endgame on D+ and I forgot how much of a tearjerker Thor’s Time Heist bit is. It very much feels like one of the Thor comic’s emotional moments (which is what that comic is best at, really). I love how the MCU took the comics I grew up with and turned them into some really good movies.

When Scott meets grown Cassie man. All the tears.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Andy Serkis is confirmed to play Alfred in The Batman

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1194742003545837568

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope it is a motion capture performance for b the likeness of Michael Gough

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Dang, was hoping he would play Detective Chimp

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What are the odds they actually let Alfred be a normal butler instead of a former British SpecOps guy for the billionth time?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What are the odds they actually let Alfred be a normal butler instead of a former British SpecOps guy for the billionth time?

I'm guessing zero because that's literally his whole thing and has been since like, the sixties.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Madkal posted:

Hopefully he can come back and play Gorilla Man for the Agents of Atlas movie.

There's gonna be an Agents of Atlas movie, right? Right?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Andy Serkis is confirmed to play Alfred in The Batman

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1194742003545837568

Its kind of weird how the character of Alfred has slid morphologically from a stereotypically upper crust British butler (with some slightly shady Bond poo poo in his past) to being Brick Top from Snatch, but nice to kids over the course of, what , five films?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Its kind of weird how the character of Alfred has slid morphologically from a stereotypically upper crust British butler (with some slightly shady Bond poo poo in his past) to being Brick Top from Snatch, but nice to kids over the course of, what , five films?

Alfred's intelligence background stretches back to Batman TAS and possibly beyond that.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Brick Top from Snatch

OMG I didn't realise how much we actually need this in Batman.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Madkal posted:

Well there's always Kelsey Grammar.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm guessing zero because that's literally his whole thing and has been since like, the sixties.

Pretty sure it was the early '80s and it was a bad decision then and now.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The really bad decision was 'That was actually mind-control/implanted memories' thing that I remember popped up somewhere.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Alfred's backstory/basic characteristics were really up in the air for a long time. When he first appears in Batman #16 he's a much more portly guy, with a clean-shaven face, whose only explicit history is as a music-hall actor. He's depicted as kind of a goofy dipshit, and already middle-aged, so obviously there's no WWII vet angle at that point. His last-name doesn't even land on Pennyworth until the late 60s, ambiguously shifting, instead, between Jarvis (his father's presumed surname early on) and Beagle.

The earliest reference to his espionage/military stuff is in Detective Comics #501, from 1981, in which we learn about his Resistance activities and tie them into the Mlle. Marie comics from Star-Spangled War Stories.

I don't know though-- when Batman learns about all this in that issue he seems remarkably non-plussed by his butler having been in the French Resistance, and it isn't at all framed as a big plot twist or revelation, so perhaps it was established earlier and I'm just not looking hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm fine with Alfred being a veteran and even having a black ops background at a push, but it should be a minor detail in his life, not his defining characteristic. Lots of older people have served in wars, especially if you go back to the 70s and 80s, and that doesn't make them ice-cold shotgun-toting badasses.