Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Actual serious question. But how do you sign up for EA premium to get this for $15? I poked around all over the EA access hub and store on the xbone and couldn’t find an option for ea premium or anything.

It’s only for PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

Got through the entire prologue/tutorial before I had to stop. It basically plays like a mashup of Uncharted, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, and Sekiro. Uncharted in presentation and platforming with AC controls for traversal (e.g. holding LT to climb objects), and then combat is pretty Sekiro so far (really rewards parry timing, block meter that eventually breaks, etc.). They haven't introduced the Dark Souls elements with bonfires and souls and stuff, but I've heard they're in there.

Framerate is a solid 30 on XboneX in the resolution mode.

Pretty convinced that this is the game that Jeff and Brad were talking around playing all weekend on the Bombcast (in a good way).

How similar is it to Sekiro combat? Is the parry window more forgiving? I’m a huge Dark Souls fan but I couldn’t stand Sekiro because I was never a parry guy. Is the dodge viable in Fallen Order or is it at least a little easier than Sekiro?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

screech on the beach posted:

How similar is it to Sekiro combat? Is the parry window more forgiving? I’m a huge Dark Souls fan but I couldn’t stand Sekiro because I was never a parry guy. Is the dodge viable in Fallen Order or is it at least a little easier than Sekiro?

Depends on what difficulty you pick, they actually show you how parry timing, etc. changes.

I’m still super early but you’re clearly intended to mix parries and dodges. There are block buster attacks and unparryable moves.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

Depends on what difficulty you pick, they actually show you how parry timing, etc. changes.

I’m still super early but you’re clearly intended to mix parries and dodges. There are block buster attacks and unparryable moves.

Sounds reasonable. The one thing I hated about Sekiro was how punishing the block meter was and if you missed one parry the whole fight pretty much reset. This sounds a lot more forgiving especially with the difficulty settings. I’m backed to being hyped.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

screech on the beach posted:

Sounds reasonable. The one thing I hated about Sekiro was how punishing the block meter was and if you missed one parry the whole fight pretty much reset. This sounds a lot more forgiving especially with the difficulty settings. I’m backed to being hyped.

I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty and it doesn't seem as unforgiing as Sekiro, as someone who enjoyed that combat, I actually wished I'd started on the hardest, so I reckon normal will be fine for you.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

black.lion posted:

Hmm for whatever reason it's not letting me launch this while "visiting" New Zealand - I'm using Tunnel Bear and Steam, anyone else got it to work for them?

Actually kind of a good thing, now I'll make it to work on time, but I did want to jump in and fiddle with graphics settings to see how it looks on my busted old 970

No luck for me either, using nordVPN and Steam. The steam store page still shows the countdown until it comes out on the east coast of the US.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wow this is not very good...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JBP posted:

Hmmm, Joh Bjelke-Petersen.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

No luck for me either, using nordVPN and Steam. The steam store page still shows the countdown until it comes out on the east coast of the US.

Steam uses a different time unlock system compared to Origin. If you're using Steam you're out of luck.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

JBP posted:

Say more!

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

JBP posted:

The intro?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This game needs to be out back in the oven, it's not done. I'm clipping through poo poo all the time, it's not pretty to look at and the animations are way below what I expected. It doesn't seem very good! Feels like I'm playing an old game.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sounds like your poo poo's hosed, dude.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Like idk if this is a "style" they're going for but this game looks like rear end and the pop in is terrible on pro so far. Grim gaming so far.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you move side to side on the ship you do the thriller dances because the animations are bad so that's a plus I guess. What's wrong with this guy's neck?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Have you had sex with the droid yet?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah, your poo poo is hosed up, JBP.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
post a clip I wanna see jediman dance

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JEDI MASTER JARO TAPAL: Welcome, my padawan, it is time for you to become a Jedi; to become a Jedi, you must use meditate at BONFIRES to restore your ESTUS FLASKS.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

How VPN PC steam play now US? thank you

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

drat it Jordan were you drinking cider again

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wow this is a difficult experience so far!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

wait, you tried playing a game while it's still installing and now you're dumping a bunch of posts about how it's acting weird and broken?

lol

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

So has anyone successfully VPN'd their way into this that bought it on Steam? Trying to decide if I leave work early today or bottle up my excite for tomorrow, tia

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've never seen an initial install be anything but the first portion or intro section of the game

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Works fine for me, bro, clean the dust out of your playstation.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Someone posted this regarding to unlocking early with origin. I left for work so I can’t test this out, but let me know if it works!

1. Close origin and control+alt+delete any related processes. (I also reinstalled origin itself, not any of my games including Star Wars but I don’t think that was necessary)

2. Delete the following folders:
Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\
Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\
Origin folder in C:\ProgramData
3. Start your VPN and connect to NZ

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
You can't use a VPN to unlock the steam release - it's on a global timer not a timed release like on origin.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Game's good, well done Respawn.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

You can't use a VPN to unlock the steam release - it's on a global timer not a timed release like on origin.

Boooo hisssss

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

JBP posted:

Wow this is a difficult experience so far!

Are you using the Morrowind Enhanced Textures pack or the Morrowind Graphics Overhaul mod?

It may not have properly compiled with Wyre Bash. What is your load order?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The lack of reviews for this yet is not a good sign.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I said come in! posted:

How many times do we have to go over this before idiots stop posting stuff about review embargo’s having anything to do with the quality of a game? It’s Disney and EA they are not releasing poo poo about anything before it’s released. Also it was posted days ago that the embargo is up tonight.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I mean they sent out review codes last week and a bunch of media have been obliquely indicating that the game’s good but sure.

I mean they opened the embargo for Death Stranding way early and that game got savaged by a bunch of outlets (not necessarily an opinion I agree with). Meanwhile Doom had a launch date embargo and was a media and fan darling.

I’m just saying it’s more about publishers than it is about quality more often than not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

How many times do we have to go over this before idiots stop posting stuff about review embargo’s having anything to do with the quality of a game? It’s Disney and EA they are not releasing poo poo about anything before it’s released. Also it was posted days ago that the embargo is up tonight.

Yeah and their games typically suck, so not really sure why you're defending this?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Here's my review.

I pre-ordered this game so it had better be good or I will have to take the drastic steps of returning it to Amazon.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Popete posted:

Here's my review.

I pre-ordered this game so it had better be good or I will have to take the drastic steps of returning it to Amazon.

It's good, I don't know if you should have pre-ordered it or bought it from Amazon, but it's good.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah and their games typically suck, so not really sure why you're defending this?

Respawn games typically suck? I’m not defending anything it’s just stupid to see misinformation about review embargo’s thrown around everywhere you go.

Also it’s loving hilarious for goons to constantly complain and worry about review embargo’s and then in the next sentence talk about how reviewers suck and shouldn’t be listened to.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rad Valtar posted:

Respawn games typically suck? I’m not defending anything it’s just stupid to see misinformation about review embargo’s thrown around everywhere you go.

Also it’s loving hilarious for goons to constantly complain and worry about review embargo’s and then in the next sentence talk about how reviewers suck and shouldn’t be listened to.

Calm down you maclunky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Chomp8645 posted:

Calm down you maclunky.

I will shoot first you rear end in a top hat.