Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The musta put a lot of effort into crafting a protag who looks this loving boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EA makes a Star Wars and all of a sudden they are forgiven. :yikes:

I'll play this game because it's only $15, but I have pretty low expectations. Nothing shown up to this point has been interesting looking or exciting.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

EA sucks but they have put out some good games from time to time. I think a lot of us are hoping that they let Respawn make a fun game without cramming in a real money pachinko machine or some other idiocy.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I'll play this game because it's only $15, but I have pretty low expectations. Nothing shown up to this point has been interesting looking or exciting.

Respawn has a great track record, and made one of the best FPS campaigns in the last decade?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lotta people telling on themselves for not playing Titanfall 2 lol

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So (leaked trophy spoilers) since theres some achievement for defeating an enemy with "all lightsaber styles" and the icon is two crossed sabers, some are speculating that you'll get to dual wield sabers at some point - anyone far enough in the game to confirm/deny? That'd be neat if so

e: Also anyone running this on PC with lower-than-recommended specs? How does it run?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Communist Thoughts posted:

The musta put a lot of effort into crafting a protag who looks this loving boring

they could have saved themselves a ton of effort and just taken a scan of you instead

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Only complaint so far is dodging being linked to the z key instead of spacebar which has gotten me killed so many times now.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

What does space do? Can't you remap keys?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

black.lion posted:

What does space do? Can't you remap keys?

Jumping but it looks like it is used for Dodge combos that you can unlock too.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

sleepness posted:

Someone posted this regarding to unlocking early with origin. I left for work so I can’t test this out, but let me know if it works!

1. Close origin and control+alt+delete any related processes. (I also reinstalled origin itself, not any of my games including Star Wars but I don’t think that was necessary)

2. Delete the following folders:
Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\
Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\
Origin folder in C:\ProgramData
3. Start your VPN and connect to NZ

Killing all Origin processes, connecting my VPN through NZ, then opening Origin worked. VPN is managing ~15MB/s download as well, so not bad.

I said come in! posted:

People are optimistic because it's developed by Respawn, who have an impeccable record of game releases, not because of the consumerist brand loyalty you're projecting onto others you hysterical dipshit

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 14, 2019

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Wheeee posted:

wait, you tried playing a game while it's still installing and now you're dumping a bunch of posts about how it's acting weird and broken?

lol
ok thats pretty funny

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wheeee posted:

People are optimistic because it's developed by Respawn, who have an impeccable record of game releases, not because of the consumerist brand loyalty you're projecting onto others you hysterical dipshit

lol you absolute moron. You are very stupid if you think Respawn had any say in how this game was developed.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 14, 2019

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I said come in! posted:

lol you absolute moron.

oh honey, if you're going to post stupid poo poo don't get mad when you get called on it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

the wise man bowed his head and solemnly spoke: "lol you absolute moron. You are very stupid if you think Respawn had any say in how this game was developed"

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

You moron, you clown, you complete buffoon

Further,

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wheeee posted:

oh honey, if you're going to post stupid poo poo don't get mad when you get called on it

Sorry being right about a Star Wars game of all things makes you upset and angry. If it makes you feel better, that is a very low bar to get over.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

black.lion posted:

You moron, you clown, you complete buffoon

Further,

There's actually zero difference between good and bad games

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure if game bad that's gonna be squarely on respawns shoulders

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

to be clear I am 100% confident that EA will spend the next decade slowly pushing the pillow down on respawns head

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Sorry being right about a Star Wars game of all things makes you upset and angry. If it makes you feel better, that is a very low bar to get over.

what does this even mean lmao

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I dunno if respawn has blackmail material or what but EA has been pretty hands off with respawn since titanfall 1

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Can I get a few more impressions of this game from people who have not played the game?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

black.lion posted:

Can I get a few more impressions of this game from people who have not played the game?

I'd rather read some more completely unprompted, tangential meltdowns tbh.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

black.lion posted:

I like the part where he swings the laser sword!

Very disappointed there is no option for a big titty twilek romance though.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

black.lion posted:

lots of leaked gameplay vids up if thats your thing. tons of spoilers in em tho

also my opinion of this game so far is that I need to grind out liches in warframe whenever the patch hits for us console plebs

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

black.lion posted:

So (leaked trophy spoilers) since theres some achievement for defeating an enemy with "all lightsaber styles" and the icon is two crossed sabers, some are speculating that you'll get to dual wield sabers at some point - anyone far enough in the game to confirm/deny? That'd be neat if so

Based solely on the leaked abilities video, it's the stupid double bladed lightsaber, not dual wielding.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

wow, turns out they listened to the fans, just watched a Sniper Elite style slowmo of an Ewoks dick getting sliced off

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

wow, turns out they listened to the fans, just watched a Sniper Elite style slowmo of an Ewoks dick getting sliced off

:black101:goty:black101:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

I said come in! posted:

lol you absolute moron. You are very stupid if you think Respawn had any say in how this game was developed.

No offense but you said earlier in the thread that Titanfall 2 failed because the multiplayer was too much like Call of Duty. You seem to have sort of a tin ear about Respawn, a company that literally told EA that they were going to release a game without marketing as an experiment and EA agreed. They absolutely have some leeway.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Stormtroopers have a lot of combat barks.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

woof get that droid

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

I said come in! posted:

So...you....don't think the developer had anything to do with the development of the game?

Quick, name the director of The Last Jedi! If they spell it "Ruin" we know we're just dealing with a stupid troll

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fellatio del Toro posted:

lotta people telling on themselves for not playing Titanfall 2 lol

Titanfall 2, the finest FPS game since like the early 2000s...

Goons, man.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Swooping in to say "EA is bad, no pre-orders!" is the low hanging fruit of Games forum.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Also they do the thing where you lose a little bit of health if you gently caress up a platforming section, which is usually fine, but coupled with an estus health recovery system, I'd honestly just prefer either I flat out die or I just don't lose health at all.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

No offense but you said earlier in the thread that Titanfall 2 failed because the multiplayer was too much like Call of Duty. You seem to have sort of a tin ear about Respawn, a company that literally told EA that they were going to release a game without marketing as an experiment and EA agreed. They absolutely have some leeway.

Yeah, I have a feeling that--for now, at least--Respawn negotiated out a deal that gave them something of a carte blanche, and Apex's success would have only solidified that. I mean, on a very fundamental level is the fact that none of their games are on Frostbite. And EA pretty much mandated that all of its devs use Frostbite a few years back, no matter how unfit and engine it is for the type of game being made. Meanwhile, Respawn alone just kept using Source and now UE4, so they're definitely a special case.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

lol they said what. like i am a weird hipster who likes the multiplayer in TF1 more but TF2 is still loving amazing and nothing like COD. respawn is one of the best devs out there, that goon is a fool.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Threads shortly before a game is out are always very funny to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mordja posted:

Yeah, I have a feeling that--for now, at least--Respawn negotiated out a deal that gave them something of a carte blanche, and Apex's success would have only solidified that. I mean, on a very fundamental level is the fact that none of their games are on Frostbite. And EA pretty much mandated that all of its devs use Frostbite a few years back, no matter how unfit and engine it is for the type of game being made. Meanwhile, Respawn alone just kept using Source and now UE4, so they're definitely a special case.

part of me thinks its because they keep makeing winners, so EA is fine letting them do whatever. EA is poo poo but looks at how bad Bioware has become. A ton of that is EA's fault, but Bioware got high off their own farts and now believ in bioware magic or whatever and the last 2 games have been poo poo.