Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol they said what. like i am a weird hipster who likes the multiplayer in TF1 more but TF2 is still loving amazing and nothing like COD. respawn is one of the best devs out there, that goon is a fool.

He's not, he's fine in other threads on other subjects, but like I said he seems to have an odd blind spot about Respawn's special status. All the evidence points to them being semi-independent and not just another beaten down EA subsidiary with the old company name slapped on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It’s like full moon for sperg posting

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Anyone who hasn't yet should download Titanfall 2 just for the campaign, even if you never intend to touch multiplayer.

It is short and sweet.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ZeeBoi posted:

Threads shortly before a game is out are always very funny to read

If a game good: the thread is at it's peak just before release.

If a game is bad: the release is just the beginning of the fun.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

He's not, he's fine in other threads on other subjects

let's not go crazy here

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

TheAgent posted:

I dunno if respawn has blackmail material or what but EA has been pretty hands off with respawn since titanfall 1
hm have they even in the case of apex legends though? EA seems pretty up in that wheel house it seems

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1189287614639202306

Wheeee posted:

Anyone who hasn't yet should download Titanfall 2 just for the campaign, even if you never intend to touch multiplayer.

It is short and sweet.
yeah it was like 5 bucks during the christmas sales last year too

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Apex Legends has 99% cosmetic lootboxes and they did one lovely event where everyone screamed at them because they forced people to gamble for the special cosmetics and also whale hunted really hard. So instead they reversed and patched the event so that people could buy them directly. Then for the next event they took out the specific whale-hunting stuff that they did the first time and made it an even better "value" (by the standards of the game economy). They actually responded to people's complaints and got less greedy. The Battle Pass has also improved tremendously - the first season they gave jack poo poo, now it's full of high-tier good looking stuff. Don't get me wrong it's still an F2P whale-based economy where they release events with 150 dollars worth of skins...but it's about the best version of that you can get.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Threads shortly before a game is out are always very funny to read

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

How far in until you can gently caress the droid?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

hm have they even in the case of apex legends though? EA seems pretty up in that wheel house it seems

yeah, respawn has been the one in charge of that since the beginning

they've made some bad choices and its still going to hunt for whale completionists because its F2Pbut ultimately have done a pretty good job overall

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I am watching a streamer I follow play a bit and he's VERY good at FPS games and this game is turning his rear end inside out on the reg.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am watching a streamer I follow play a bit and he's VERY good at FPS games and this game is turning his rear end inside out on the reg.

Playing the PC version on the hardest difficulty and the parry timing is really tight. It's harder than I thought it would be but the combat feels pretty good.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Rascyc posted:

Saying it's a core part of their offerings doesn't necessarily mean they're exerting a great deal of control over Respawn, particularly not if it's doing well without the execs loving around with Respawn's operations too much.

Depending on what the additional staff they're allocating to Respawn is doing that doesn't mean a lot, although it could be a red flag.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

If a game begins with six different developer logos you know you’re in trouble

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Just did the tutorial level and it feels quite solid. Runs amazingly well and it feels really cinematic. I can see this being one of the better Star Wars games if they keep it up.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

sleepness posted:

Just did the tutorial level and it feels quite solid. Runs amazingly well and it feels really cinematic. I can see this being one of the better Star Wars games if they keep it up.

Are you on PC? Care to share your specz if so?

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

black.lion posted:

Are you on PC? Care to share your specz if so?

Yeah I’m on PC. I’m running a 8700k with a 2080ti.. so quite a bit overkill, but it seems well optimized and puts most of the load on the GPU.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Ah good bc my CPU is a hamster with a tamberine

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Currently doing the Origin Access + fly to NZ thing to download the game. Unfortunately the speed is pretty low over here and will take hours. Any guesses if I need to stay in NZ the whole time?

Tenacious J fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 14, 2019

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Pretty sure you can download it on US soil and then fly to NZ to launch (close Origin > fly to NZ > open Origin)

Not positive tho I'm an idiot that bought it on Steam

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

black.lion posted:

Pretty sure you can download it on US soil and then fly to NZ to launch (close Origin > fly to NZ > open Origin)

Not positive tho I'm an idiot that bought it on Steam

VPN trick works on Steam too.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Ok I've watched the stream. I'm tapping out now but I am for sure buying this.

The fighting is not braindead. You have to do some thinking. If you just mash it out you'll get badly hurt. Get badly hurt enough, you won't have any healing and die.

It looks like there is a LOT of time spent navigating the environment. Tons of backtracking, making shortcuts, trying to figure out how to get to location X. This is not a linear game at all.

This game has lots of deadly drops but if you fall you don't do the ole Dark Souls YOU DIED, instead it spawns you back on the ledge and you lose some health.

The puzzles look pretty good. One thing that looks REALLY nice is that the game has a full 3d map of the area you're in and it appears that any branches/puzzles/navigation elements that you can't currently interact with (because you haven't unlocked/been granted the right force power) are very clearly marked with specific icons in red.

Overall this looks like a very competent game. Nothing groundbreaking so far, but it is a nice pastiche. Those kind of games can be good.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I said come in! posted:

VPN trick works on Steam too.

Didn't this morning when Origin peepz were unlocking, and multiple reports on Reddit and elsewhere say Steam is region-locked and can't be VPN'd thru

Have you unlocked it on Steam with a VPN?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wheeee posted:

This, I don't feel cheated at all for buying the game and never even considering multiplayer. Just tons of fun and creative in a way that was really refreshing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

black.lion posted:

Didn't this morning when Origin peepz were unlocking, and multiple reports on Reddit and elsewhere say Steam is region-locked and can't be VPN'd thru

Have you unlocked it on Steam with a VPN?

Sorry, I was mistaken for this game. I've done this before with other titles on Steam.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the TF2 multiplayer was great too, the mode where you get one life and start in your titan was loving awesome, especially on the city map so once your titan got exploded you'd zip about stinging titans like a wasp.
a wasp with a magnetic grenade launcher

my only issue with it was that the matchmaking didnt really exist so i was being constantly fed to people who can click on heads when i have trouble clicking on anything

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

I said come in! posted:

Sorry, I was mistaken for this game. I've done this before with other titles on Steam.

:negative:

10 hours to go

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I used Tunnelbear which has 500 meg of free bandwidth a month and it worked fine on Origin. Played through the intro/tutorial section, and the game seems really good! There were a couple of stutters as new areas and things loaded in, and I think some people will probably think the animation blending or whatever isn't that great, but that's only because they've gone for tight controls over aesthetics to a certain extent, and I can appreciate that.

Runs around 80-100fps at 1440p on a 1080ti with max settings.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I've just been exploring the first open level so far. Its pretty fun. I'm only playing on normal though because I suck at soulsborne combat.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ZZZorcerer posted:

:negative:

10 hours to go

I am so glad I don't have work tonight or tomorrow, I'm gonna boot this up til midnight and play it crazy stupid late. My dumb night shift sleep cycle pays off sometimes!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

BD is the best buddy since BT and the internet is going to love him

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BB is a very good buddy as well.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The rocket troopers who just don't give a poo poo about blowing up their friends are great

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1195025613511254016

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1195070269800488960

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is Star Wars finally great again?

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
since kotor and the swtor leveling experience?? holy moly

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Chomp8645 posted:

Is Star Wars finally great again?

Has been always great, Star Wars.

edit: jesus i fuckin' mangled that Yoda talk. never mind.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 14, 2019

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I guess I'll do Origin Access, game looks good.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The higher a game builds up on day of release the harder it falls two weeks later.

I just want to be a delivery person walking under the two suns of Tatooine doing my job.

Rusty posted:

I guess I'll do Origin Access, game looks good.

No EA Access. They say so it doesn’t get spoiled which is complete bullshit.

Edit: So I guess Origin gets the game but not early so you can play at release.

jabro fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

jabro posted:

The higher a game builds up on day of release the harder it falls two weeks later.

I just want to be a delivery person walking under the two suns of Tatooine doing my job.

No EA Access. They say so it doesn’t get spoiled which is complete bullshit.

Edit: So I guess Origin gets the game but not early so you can play at release.

You can play it right now by using a VPN. Origin Access Premier includes the full game.