Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ex post facho posted:

just gonna remind erryone as someone who was an lf regular that it was a fyad post that brought the secret service investigation which was used as pretense to shut LF, hth

groverhouse didnt help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ex post facho posted:

ask cefte, fish steer a dhow, kylejack (lol) goatstein (post the steampunk wedding photos), ummm i cannot remember too many of my other departed wddp and postplace.org departed brothers and sisters

im still in a group text with the finn i think

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not that I was asked at the time, but perhaps the time to have made this place top-level was when it first became a permanent forum (having first been a RSF), but given the similarity in subject material it seemed to make sense then to make it a D&D sub (also there was precedence of LF having been a D&D sub). That we've been here so long, and that the original core of CSPAM posters were initially emigres from D&D, I don't know that the two could be disentangled simply by moving us up a tier, but maybe?

So I'm clear this is just me spitballing, not commenting on anything that is or isn't being proposes among the mods and admins.

no worries at least we're getting some sort of answers now in a public space, I really appreciate that

I'm pretty sure at this point given the mutual antagonism between the two there's enough of a divide that they can be disentangled with few ill effects (other than radium's lovely code)

just my :10bux:/500, anyway thanks for reading and listening :)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i think baw may be the only person left with the laissez's faire-sneshevsky insitute for forensic psychiatry redtext

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Believe it or not there has been a substantial amount of discussion in the mod forum about how to resolve all of this. I'm trying to get things moving again as some got a bit distracted by unrelated matters recently, as I too don't like how this is just sorta hanging over CSPAM like the sword of Damocles.

Come post with me/us about it here, wherein I ask qcs: "How long does it take to press a button?"

Though to be honest I'm not sure why there needs to be "discussion" about it. We've repeatedly asked for Lastgirl and Nichael to be our mods. Someone with admin press button, done deal.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
they had been trying to kill lf for ages before it finally got shut down though

like we had IKs who couldnt see reports so we had to email krinkle or badcrumble to alert them to poo poo

and then they made rory (rip) a mod and he just fuckin brutalized it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

:discourse:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

docbeard posted:

I still maintain that making an empty forum called "Hell" or something like that and putting both D&D and CSPAM as subforums of that would be the ideal solution, at least to that problem.

e. The sole post in the Hell Forum would, of course, be Guyovich's stickied "Bernie Panders" post.

Jesus christ you guys are overthinking something that isn't an actual problem.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

groverhouse didnt help

yeah, grover certainly didnt build any bridges

just a really shitt house lmao

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Addamere posted:

Come post with me/us about it here, wherein I ask qcs: "How long does it take to press a button?"

Though to be honest I'm not sure why there needs to be "discussion" about it. We've repeatedly asked for Lastgirl and Nichael to be our mods. Someone with admin press button, done deal.

grats on your week long probe

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oh yeah! I miss henrykrinkle and HidingFromGoro, two of my old fav posters that I think still lurk around postplace/wddp

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Dalael posted:

I'm not too sure about that ranking... Story wize, I think babylon 5 could be higher but at the same time, it can't take TNG of DS9's place so I don't know. Farscape was fun but wasn't a great show by any means.

All the shows underneath Babylon 5 are not great but I love them all the same

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Joementum continues to do good work

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1195064705884315648?s=20

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
also I'm not touching that or I'm gonna get escalated to three days lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not that I was asked at the time, but perhaps the time to have made this place top-level was when it first became a permanent forum (having first been a RSF), but given the similarity in subject material it seemed to make sense then to make it a D&D sub (also there was precedence of LF having been a D&D sub). That we've been here so long, and that the original core of CSPAM posters were initially emigres from D&D, I don't know that the two could be disentangled simply by moving us up a tier, but maybe?

So I'm clear this is just me spitballing, not commenting on anything that is or isn't being proposes among the mods and admins.

i remember the earliest core of cspam posters being a mix of dnd, byob, yospos, and the proto-alt right chuds that were allowed to fester in gbs around that time

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Believe it or not there has been a substantial amount of discussion in the mod forum about how to resolve all of this. I'm trying to get things moving again as some got a bit distracted by unrelated matters recently, as I too don't like how this is just sorta hanging over CSPAM like the sword of Damocles.

honestly the biggest problem besides cspam being under dnd and subject to the whims of its mods is ppj

he sucks, he has a very clear ideological bias against leftists and for centrists, and he punishes accordingly

look at thhe people who got hit in the last purge

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

grats on your week long probe

:shrug:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nothus posted:

No Mods No Masters

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

honestly the biggest problem besides cspam being under dnd and subject to the whims of its mods is ppj

he sucks, he has a very clear ideological bias against leftists and for centrists, and he punishes accordingly

look at thhe people who got hit in the last purge

ppj's bias is giving d&d the forum it wants. he doesn't actually care about politics outside of guns, booze, and flying planes

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
genocide explainer being gone is a good thing, but more work to be done

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
reminder that fishmech thinks cspam is fascist for banning her

fishmech is also a loving psychopath who treated me like absolute dogshit whenever the feeling struck her in the dadchat slack so gently caress her

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean this is a dead comedy forum not a government bureaucracy there is no need for any sort of dumb hoops and lengthy discussion and powerpoint presentations or whatever's going on behind the scenes. There is a button. Press it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ppj's bias is giving d&d the forum it wants. he doesn't actually care about politics outside of guns, booze, and flying planes

rip schnorkles family

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Addamere posted:

I mean this is a dead comedy forum not a government bureaucracy there is no need for any sort of dumb hoops and lengthy discussion and powerpoint presentations or whatever's going on behind the scenes. There is a button. Press it.

specifically press the "give rask admin powers" button

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol gently caress off with this man

i like you, you know we're cool, but you can't say this with a straight face

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i cant even begin to explain how awful the earliest part of cspam was, there were so many people here calling for the literal gassing of trans people, for maoist reasons

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

fishmech is also a loving psychopath who treated me like absolute dogshit whenever the feeling struck her in the dadchat slack so gently caress her

what the gently caress, fishmech is a she

like it shouldn't matter so I'm probably being an rear end in a top hat but I did not see that coming

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

weird way to spell dickeye and queen

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

o no

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

what the gently caress, fishmech is a she

like it shouldn't matter so I'm probably being an rear end in a top hat but I did not see that coming

yeah in the last year or so

former forums poster smallfrozenthing once told me she had fishmech's gender in her brain as just "fishmech"

like, what else could fishmech be, besides fishmech

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh dear, oh no, i exclaim as the monkey's paw curls

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
as the original inventor of the RSF i should be given dictator for life power over all forums that started as RSF. however as a just and wise ruler, while i should have this power, i respectfully decline it and give it to the Posters

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ex post facho posted:

just gonna remind erryone as someone who was an lf regular that it was a fyad post that brought the secret service investigation which was used as pretense to shut LF, hth

lol remember when t-paine came back earlier this year

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's really funny that fishmech is still tolerated on sa when she used to have a website where she used to keep a catalogue of nude pictures of female goons

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Addamere posted:

Have you ever considered that perhaps you aren't helping?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

in memoriam all the loving psycopath posters that think C-SPAM is fascist for banning them

*I Will Remember You plays over montage of Fulchrum, The Saurus, and Effectronica posts*

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

ex post facho posted:

Really? I remember it was A God Damned Red's post about how they could see the White House from where they worked. And someone made a reference to rocket propelled grenades.

Like I'm sure FYAD posted plenty of things, and it really was at the time of the completely reactionary "we must be less like Tumblr period", so you're probably right overall, though. There were several mods and admins who hated LF and did everything they could to destroy it.

Anyway lol that Paradol Ex was right about evilweasel being little Roberto Gonzalez. Oh wddp.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

Have you ever considered that perhaps you aren't helping?

If you can do better then by all means please do

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

Yeah, I PMed VideoGames with my perspective and got a thoughtful response.

almost wanna buy plat and pm him then, i really want to chime in as someone who was around for lf and its closure

mormonpartyboat posted:

i will continue to holler that even if guyovich never denied any genocides, his posting and time as a cspam ik were enough to get him run the gently caress off this site and that he was beloved by the d&d mod staff to the point that he got a red loving star is a damning indictment of the entire moderator hiring/promotion system

iirc he mostly got red starred because they wanted someone who was awake at the part of the day and also to stop him from being chain probed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Anyway, Warren stole from Sanders again.

https://twitter.com/BernForBernie20/status/1195012935388672000