Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Riot Bimbo posted:

Total nonsense bud!

nah man, in all seriousness, seasons 3-5 of TNG are simply amazing

its a top tier show (for those seasons, and yes, i think you have to suffer through the first 2 to really get there)

its not perfect, of course, but for television its exceptionally good

edit: "Suddenly Human" is the episode that completely convinced me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Office Pig posted:

lol forever at anyone actually defending deval “please rape my sister” patrick

We are going to see some hot takes by some libs that actually marital rape is cool and good

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmfoa holy poo poo piiiiissss

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lmfoa holy poo poo piiiiissss

Yeah, if she wins Trump is gonna murder her campaign in the general over the DNA thing.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

We are going to see some hot takes by some libs that actually marital rape is cool and good

how DARE these upstart progressives apply their purity tests to *checks notes* sexual criminals!!!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

RaySmuckles posted:

i just think the only real way to end the antagonistic relationship between d&d and c-spam is complete separation. otherwise c-spammers are gonna keep feeling the need to go into d&d and stir poo poo and d&d mods/posters will be perpetually calling for the closing of c-spam.

but if we're completely separate but equal entities with no authoritative relationship to each other and our own dedicated spaces then there will be less of a feeling of need to clash. instead c-spam can build its own identity/culture, free from d&d and d&d can go back to having its own tightly policed echo chamber

I am now convinced that the only way this guiltily forum will be purged of its crimes is by being cleansed in blood.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Victory Position posted:

how DARE these upstart progressives apply their purity tests to *checks notes* sexual criminals!!!

well, I just checked the Leper's Colony and wow, it's already started

that was fast :gibs:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Thoguh posted:

I don't give a poo poo whether C-SPAM is a subforum or top level. I just want mods that don't hate C-SPAM and the succ zone in particular.

the problem with that (and someone correct me if I'm more dumb and wrong that usual) is as long as cspam is a D&D subforum, D&D mods can bust in and do whatever they want and the onus is on the admin/mod team to shake a finger and say "better not do that again mister"

if we're our own forum we get our own specific mods

it's as simple as that imo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i dont even want mods other than maybe one or two people with a very hands off "stop the person spamming goatse" direction

between iks and screaming at people to get the gently caress out, we'd be fine if we were just left the gently caress alone

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Devalution

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dont even want mods other than maybe one or two people with a very hands off "stop the person spamming goatse" direction

between iks and screaming at people to get the gently caress out, we'd be fine if we were just left the gently caress alone

yeah tbh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

i want to know what goes on in the mod subforum

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Venom Snake posted:

as an archaeological resource in however many thousands of years the simple text format of the posts that makes them easier to ready and follow compared to say; reddit or 4chan will mean that something awful will have the last laugh in history. c-spam as just a chronicle account of the election and the evolution of the left in america would be invaluable for anyone researching that period of time.

...Professor? It says I need something called "archive upgrade" and to get it I need something called "dollars" on a "credit card" and definitely not "PayPal" whatever that is.

Now how am I going to finish my thesis?!?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I’m convinced D&D should be a GBS sub and still exist as the “serious” place it is.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

russia please hack the mod subforum and release the emails

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mormonpartyboat posted:

and the mostly likely place to make that happen is our own forum with our own mods and our own culture

we need sovereignty to create our utopia

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Epic High Five posted:

Prester Jane's av reminds me, did we ever find out why there were like 2 dozen dogs just hanging out in that painting

Poker tournament?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

I’m convinced D&D should be a GBS sub and still exist as the “serious” place it is.

why not merge the two into a forum henceforth referred to as "Current Events" ?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

I'm fairly certain it's more boring than we think

just a lot of back and forth about "what about this, should we do it" "I dunno what do you think" "I dunno, what do you think"

the internet equivalent of trying to figure out what you want for dinner except posting

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Victory Position posted:

cuz then d&d's politics would no longer be the result of serious, adult discussion , and frankly the only logical conclusion; only a racist would say otherwise. why, what opinions do you hold? cuz if you wanna express them then this is the only place *gestures toward hell*

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Fleetwood posted:

Devalution

Are we not succ? We are Deval!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

foobardog posted:

Are we not succ? We are Deval!

:prepop:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Victory Position posted:

Worked very well last time

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

i just think the only real way to end the antagonistic relationship between d&d and c-spam is complete separation. otherwise c-spammers are gonna keep feeling the need to go into d&d and stir poo poo and d&d mods/posters will be perpetually calling for the closing of c-spam.

but if we're completely separate but equal entities with no authoritative relationship to each other and our own dedicated spaces then there will be less of a feeling of need to clash. instead c-spam can build its own identity/culture, free from d&d and d&d can go back to having its own tightly policed echo chamber

Nah, as long as leftists want to effortpost they'll go post in D&D of their own volition and then get accused of raiding.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

reignonyourparade posted:

Nah, as long as leftists want to effortpost they'll go post in D&D of their own volition and then get accused of raiding.

they still can, and will! but they won't be able to come gently caress with us in our own forum. just probe the bad offenders who ventured into d&d (assuming they "deserved" it)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im the people who don't understand that you can still be politically active and shitpost in 2019, the cyberpunk future where people post using little glass boxes

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

RaySmuckles posted:

they still can, and will! but they won't be able to come gently caress with us in our own forum. just probe the bad offenders who ventured into d&d (assuming they "deserved" it)

none of them deserved it

no quarter shall be given nor expected

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lol at the lock

also jesus christ im defending the succ zone what the gently caress did those monsters do to me

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol at the lock

also jesus christ im defending the succ zone what the gently caress did those monsters do to me

you can talk about your trauma here if you want, we love you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RaySmuckles posted:

Shut the gently caress up quisling

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

separation won’t do poo poo because a key part of c-spam’s culture is “D&D lol” and if you can’t storm into uspol and call out someone for defending military coups in South America then what’s the point

just change D&D‘s name to pissbabies or something, it’s more accurate

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's good it was locked before d&d really got in there to muddy waters up again

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

separation won’t do poo poo because a key part of c-spam’s culture is “D&D lol” and if you can’t storm into uspol and call out someone for defending military coups in South America then what’s the point

nah, that's bullshit

cspam is far more ideologically opposed to poo poo like the cop thread or gip, but there aren't constant problems because the cop thread mods aren't coming into cspam and loving with the forum

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat posted:

nah, that's bullshit

cspam is far more ideologically opposed to poo poo like the cop thread or gip, but there aren't constant problems because the cop thread mods aren't coming into cspam and loving with the forum

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

nah, that's bullshit

valid but can we still call the forum pisshome for pissbabies

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

W is left of center in the US context

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gip is to the left of d&d

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

valid but can we still call the forum pisshome for pissbabies

all it really needs are some entirely accurate scare quotes imo

e:

Oh Snapple! posted:

was going to say, gip isn't really characterized by a font of reactionary views

and tbh ideological agreement isn't everything, there's something to be said for environments that don't treat being a mendacious shitbag as an aspirational art form

LGD has issued a correction as of 23:41 on Nov 14, 2019

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'd buy it but let's see some proof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
this sucks, sorry. better than nothing but not by that much

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1195077338414944256