Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That is good to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Can you eventually build a highway in the Eastern Region? That’s one of the most fun parts of Central Region so far.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just heard the worst voice acting ever thank you Kojima

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Just heard the worst voice acting ever thank you Kojima

The junk dealer’s lady friend?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ive been playing this game so much i was looking at the irl weather map for like 15 minutes thinkimg about the best natural path to Knot York City from where i live

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

Ive been playing this game so much i was looking at the irl weather map for like 15 minutes thinkimg about the best natural path to Knot York City from where i live

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Slams like a thousand times on the new Tappan Zee bridge*

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The junk dealer’s lady friend?

It's wild because this is one of the few times in the game so far where you interact with someone irl but all I could think about was her voice

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Apparently she's some twitter celeb that Kojima has a crush on and she doesn't speak any English at all.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Slams like a thousand times on the new Tappan Zee bridge*

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Carrying 200kg of cargo up the stew leonards hill like its a boss fight

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Buzzed sam messing with the baby lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

Buzzed sam messing with the baby lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The best interaction is seeing that someone brought materials to something you built that wasnt a road, like that you built something so useful in such a good spot that another player was compelled to put some maintenance into it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Even though the Mules aren't threatening at all their caution and alert themes are perfect for a future scifi wasteland

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Even though the Mules aren't threatening at all their caution and alert themes are perfect for a future scifi wasteland

I really like when one of their trucks is chasing you and blaring the horn repeatedly. They’re just having a good time

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I said gently caress it and tried to drive my truck through bt territory and immediately drove straight into a bt and my truck started sinking lol
then i got dragged to a huge boss battle with a loving bt lion lmfao and i beat the poo poo out of it by nailing it with hematic grenades and unloading a shotgun into it, and all the timefall snd bts went away for like five minutes and i got my truck full of cargo back and escaped which was one of the wildest things ive seen in the game so far and wouldve been completely avoidable if i didnt do an idiot move and gently caress up. In fact i probaby never wouldve seen the thing

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its amazing how you swing around from feeling invincible to helpless and vulnerable and vice versa in like seconds when one little thing goes wrong in this game

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

HORMELCHILI posted:

Its amazing how you swing around from feeling invincible to helpless and vulnerable and vice versa in like seconds when one little thing goes wrong in this game

Yeah there have been countless times when I would have been totally hosed if not for a private room or charging station left by some benevolent gamer. It's basically the sense of relief you get from finding a bonfire, but lots of people spent time and effort to make it happen. This game is so drat good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chapter 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvph34ZlhWo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1d4AVC24D8

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

This happened to me last night too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HORMELCHILI posted:

The best interaction is seeing that someone brought materials to something you built that wasnt a road, like that you built something so useful in such a good spot that another player was compelled to put some maintenance into it

Yeah if I see metals and stuff out in the field I'll try and find a random generator nearby or whatever to add music or a Jumbo Ludens hologram to, it's fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol literally all my deaths are from that little part of the map. It's a great area . I also love that the bottom of it in my game is littered with trucks and motorcycles blocking the way now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

I got a notification that somebody brought materials to a timefall shelter I built and it made me really happy lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol the 3000km pizza delivery :stare:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Chapter 4 was sick, this game is so good

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Went back to the Eastern region to max out Port Knot City and found out I missed a prepper. There's so much stuff in this game it's nuts

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

I’ll admit I dropped the difficulty to normal for it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Jenny Agutter posted:

I would play a full length shooter with ds cargo mechanics

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I’ll admit I dropped the difficulty to normal for it

i was sucking down blood bags like they were delicious cans of monster energy drink

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

cracking open BBs jar to drink the monster he floats in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What do the difficulties even do. I assumed they were a placebo effect. What math can you even tweak to make a harder mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

What do the difficulties even do. I assumed they were a placebo effect. What math can you even tweak to make a harder mode

i was shown this list yesterday i dont know how accurate it is

Sam’s balance seems to get worse.
Enemies deal more damage.
Human enemies will guard more.
Human enemies and BTs can detect you from further away.
Human enemies have more health.
BTs are more aggressive when trying to locate you after triggering their chase sequence.
Cargo takes more damage from physical impacts.
Cargo takes more damage from Timefall (both rain and snow).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

expert mode with sam in heels

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

I’m not sure what it does for the “normal” gameplay but ch 4 was definitely hard on Hard mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i was shown this list yesterday i dont know how accurate it is

Sam’s balance seems to get worse.
Enemies deal more damage.
Human enemies will guard more.
Human enemies and BTs can detect you from further away.
Human enemies have more health.
BTs are more aggressive when trying to locate you after triggering their chase sequence.
Cargo takes more damage from physical impacts.
Cargo takes more damage from Timefall (both rain and snow).

Neat...I'll stick with Normal for now though. Maybe when I finish the game and go back to try and 5 star the whole map I'll put it on hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Started on hard but it never says what the differences are so I even forgot there were difficulty modes. True difficulty would be making you balance with the Sixaxis