Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Wheeee posted:

Game is gorgeous on max settings PC at least!

It plays well, and I personally enjoy the faster combat to Dark Souls, but it's also giving me a hankerin' to try Sekiro now since the enemies aren't quite as diverse or interesting as in Dark Souls.

Sekiro's combat is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

JBP posted:

It's the sequel to Revengeance that I didn't know that I needed.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I've seen some texture popping on console streams but having it on my ssd has avoided all that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The first ram beast enemy I fought fell through the the floor before it got close to me LOL

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I wish I had a PC good enough to play this on because it looks so good on the streams.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

JBP posted:

The first ram beast enemy I fought fell through the the floor before it got close to me LOL

I really don't understand how you're getting these glitches, I've seen zero bugs in the 9 hours I've played. And I fought that ram like 20 times cause I suck and it didn't ever glitch.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

JBP posted:

I parried one of the big frogs that had killed me and the recovery hit sent it flying into the skybox.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEH11VwC86A

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Phoix posted:

I parried one of the big frogs that had killed me and the recovery hit sent it flying into the skybox.

Oh no maybe you have dust in your PlayStation.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Honestly looking forward to casting the final judgment on the game's build quality, I feel like my rustbucket of a PS4 will provide a solid testing scenario.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Why does the main character move and animate so weirdly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The second map looks much better but these fog/snow effects are some N64 poo poo.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Why does the main character move and animate so weirdly.

Dust in ps4

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

These streamers are playing the game so loving badly that it's actually boring me as gently caress

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

These streamers are playing the game so loving badly that it's actually boring me as gently caress

JBP posted:

Dust in ps4

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Loving the game but.......

Where the gently caress do you get Force Push? I'm in the Tomb of Eilram where I need to force push the ball towards The Guardian and I don't have it yet.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Raged posted:

Where the gently caress do you get Force Push? I'm in the Tomb of Eilram where I need to force push the ball towards The Guardian and I don't have it yet.

You don't need it at that point. You might be missing a climb point somewhere because they look different in that area.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

JBP posted:

Oh no maybe you have dust in your PlayStation.

You've probably also got some dead cockroaches in there, I'd have to guess.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Phoix posted:

You don't need it at that point. You might be missing a climb point somewhere because they look different in that area.

After 30 mins of being stuck I looked it up. You need force push. how the hell I got this far without it is bad game design

see 3 min in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fii_fAcZDuA

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Raged posted:

After 30 mins of being stuck I looked it up. You need force push. how the hell I got this far without it is bad game design

see 3 min in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fii_fAcZDuA

The part at 3 minutes directly behind the ball there's a switch to activate a gust of wind.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I ended up pre-ordering because I'm a mark.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh hi mark

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Raged posted:

In the eye of the storm mission

[note: I am not playing this game]

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think I might pick this up on Xbox. You all seem to enjoy it and if it is anything at all like Sekiro it will be great I’m sure. Everyone besides JBP (Jedi Battles Pop-in) that is.

Anyone who hasn’t played Sekiro I just have to say my two cents about it. I’m not a dark souls player. For me, Sekiro was.. hard. The hardest game I’ve played in a long time. I failed so hard at the first boss in Sekiro I rage quit and uninstalled. But I kept thinking, maybe I can do it. So I reinstalled and after practicing and trying really hard to get it, I beat that loving ogre. I’ve never screamed so loudly in excitement and joy at a game. I then went on to slowly but surely, with great effort and joy, beat the game. I can’t recall how many times I would beat a boss (owl father wtf) and literally jump off the couch yelling and balling in excitement and happiness. It’s the one game where the player’s true effort and skill are put to the test and rewarded. The dance of swords is beautiful.

Anyways, game sounds good. I think they couldn’t put human dismemberment in it because it would increase its MSRB rating too high, is what I think.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Its probably a little bit of that and a little bit of "thats way too demanding on the cpu for the benefit"

Remember this has to run on dusty ps4s

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PC, graphic settings set to epic, 1080p, getting smooth 60fps.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Wow, crisp load times, no bugs at all, smooth animations and very intuitive puzzles, seems like Respawn has hit this one 'out of this world'.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I'm gonna buy this game I reckon

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is nothing like sekiro the combat is floaty as hell. It's like cheap gow.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

JBP posted:

I said this before here in the forums but when the combat clicks you get some pretty awesome fights, you actually do cool stuff that in other games would be shown in a cutscene. It also has tight controls and hit boxes :black101:

Another recent game that makes you feel :black101: is Devil May Cry 5, another great action game with the best extra ever (they change the CG cutscenes to the people making the game doing some live action, it's... something else)

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 15, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

JBP posted:

This is nothing like sekiro the combat is floaty as hell. It's like cheap gow.

Yeah, I like it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dan Didio posted:

Wow, crisp load times, no bugs at all, smooth animations and very intuitive puzzles, seems like Respawn has hit this one 'out of this world'.

Are you playing on PC? The puzzles I've done are definitely fun but the animations are poor and the platforming sections don't have tight enough control to justify their existence.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

I don’t think they were really attempting super deep combat with this one though. Respawn excels at combat so I would be surprised if they just sucked at this one.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The combat isn't bad it's just not that tight. A lot of the game feels very weightless but deflecting blasters is fun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I think this would have comfortably been an 8/10 PS3 game but it's probably a 6/10 2019 game.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

PC, graphic settings set to epic, 1080p, getting smooth 60fps.

Yeah with what hardware tho

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

JBP posted:

I think this would have comfortably been an 8/10 PS3 game but it's probably a 6/10 2019 game.

Down from a mediocre 8.5, drat

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Looking forward to getting this off origin pass, hopefully I dont have a dusty PC and suffer the ire of whatever spirit inhabits the game code tho

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm honestly not that impressed. From a technical pov the game is fine and runs really smooth ony my pc @1440p with all settings turned to epic.

It's more the gameplay that is really mediocre and repetitive. You spend a lot of time climbing and jumping across the parcourse maps, in between you fight some monsters, which is a mash of attack/block/dodge/force power. The lightsaber feels like any random sword and adds nothing special to it. Critter dismemberment only exists as a death animation so far, you can't hack off something's talons or horns and watch it hobble around or rob it of an attack. Maybe that changes later with bigger bosses, but there's no hint towards that so far.

I think if you like Tomb Raider and Star Wars then this might be a fun game for you. But there are other games which have done the individual elements significantly better. Probably best to try it with the Origin pass for €15, instead of buying it.

P.S. at least the droid is really cute.....

P.P.S. Dathomir looks really good:

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gonna have to knock a point off on account of the game not letting you torture animals.