Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Beach Bum posted:

You are NOT helping. :mad:

Dude, I'm dying over here because I already have a spare CBR front end and VFR rear wheel and rear shock I could use on that bike.
Unfortunately I have to get rid of some bikes of my own to make room for stroller parking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Sagebrush posted:

Hawk GTs are intermediate bikes, not beginner ones. And don't hack them up into track bikes please. They are lovely machines just as is, and especially great with upgraded suspension. Perfectly balanced. Tons of ahead-of-its-time features like the aluminum perimeter frame and the single-sided swingarm. I think Honda should dust off the old shop drawings, make the following changes

- fuel injection
- anti-lock brakes
- cartridge fork
- 10mm wider wheels
- all LED lighting
- my cool vaporwave dashboard v2.0

while keeping everything else exactly the same and put it right back on the market and they'd sell the crap out of them. Perfect bike.

The Supertrapp exhaust does indeed sound fantastic and I love that yours is ejecting the core at an angle just like mine does. Gotta whack it back in with a mallet every few thousand miles.

$1600 is a great deal and I would buy it to add to my collection if I weren't on the opposite side of the country.

They are great bikes, and were my back not blown out, I would buy that.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Hmm, I wonder what titling and insurance rigmarole would hypothetically be involved for me to fly down to VA, buy the bike, then ride it cross country to Gnarly or Sage and sell it to them for the same price... It'd be a lot cheaper than renting.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Man I’d love to fly down from Ohio and ride that bike back, but my first bike was an 84 nighthawk and it was just a hair too short for me... not to mention the difficulty of finding parts for 80’s Honda bikes. Why the engineers had to redesign parts like shift levers for every model and year is beyond me

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

That'd be really tempting to try and ship to Seattle, as it would even qualify for collector plates I think as of this year (30 years old, wow)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If anyone wants the Hawk bad enough but needs it delivered and all parties can wait until early September, let me know and we can try to work out title transfer and assorted details. I'm Canadian which may complicate things though, but flights for me are no issue.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

He is probably going to take it off of Craigslist for a while since he's not getting any serious interest. I'll put a note in the OP. If anyone on here is interested in it, feel free to PM me directly!

e: Sold!

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 3, 2019

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My Weestrom is back up for sale:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1445690749

Why am I selling this reliable, friendly golden retriever of a motorcycle? CauSE I'M CARAZY also because I can't have four vehicles I gotta take care of when I don't even have a garage.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Finger Prince posted:

Hmm, I wonder what titling and insurance rigmarole would hypothetically be involved for me to fly down to VA, buy the bike, then ride it cross country to Gnarly or Sage and sell it to them for the same price... It'd be a lot cheaper than renting.

I'm like an hour away from it. I could probably walk there faster than you could fly.
But a cross country trip on a free loaner sounds pretty awesome.

pastor of muppets posted:

He is probably going to take it off of Craigslist for a while since he's not getting any serious interest. I'll put a note in the OP. If anyone on here is interested in it, feel free to PM me directly!

I'll keep you in mind if I get divorced (for the bike of course.)
Or if I inherit a second garage from a long lost uncle or something.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 8, 2019

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Selling Klim K Fifty 1 Jeans - size 34, stealth blue.

brand new, only tried on once, never ridden in.

Really, really nice pants will full armor, but they are just too big for me (5'10" 185lbs)

(these pants: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-k-fifty-1-jeans)

Asking $250 shipped!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

This is a small market so I'm not going to go all effort post on it but I'm selling my FZ-10 (3500 miles, luggage rack, exhaust, ECU tune, quick shifter). I'm asking $9,000 but I'd do a goon a deal and am happy to accommodate a fly n' ride or shipment or possibly even delivery down to anything north of SF from the Seattle area.

Anyway, if your ears perked up reading this shoot me a PM or w/e and I can spill deets. Fantastic bike but I just never ride on the street these days and I'm focusing on track riding again and already bought an RSV4...

Be rad to pass it onto a goon

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

1990 - 1994 DR 250 and DR 350 Clymer Manual
$25 + media rate shipping from 80523
New condition, barely used.

1990 - 1999 DR 350 Clutch Cover Gasket
$12 + shipping from 80523
Namura gasket. Never removed from packaging.
Will trade for 1999ish DR 650 clutch cover gasket.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Voltage posted:

Really, really nice pants will full armor, but they are just too big for me (5'10" 185lbs)

Asking $250 shipped!

Price drop to $180!

Voltage fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 20, 2019

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Time to clean out the closet of stuff that doesn't fit or that I don't use anymore. It's all in very good condition and tbh I kinda just want it gone without having to deal with craigslist or facebook. Buyer pays shipping!

Alpinstars jacket with hard back protector. Better than 10 years old but I haven't worn it in at least 3. Size 3xl. $50

Olympia motosport riding pants. Barely used since they don't breath for poo poo and that's a death sentence here in the desert. They work great in cooler climates and Ive used them down near freezing and been comfortable. Size 40 US. $50

Sedici gauntlet gloves. Pretty cheap that I bought for a track day and then wore 6 more times. Size XL. $20.

Alpinestars shorty gloves. Pretty old but in good condition. Size XL. $15.

Alpinestars leather riding pants. Zips into the jacket above for a neat 2 piece suit. Only wore them half a dozen times at track days and have never been crashed. Size 44US which is too big for even my fat rear end but maybe will fit you! $75.

Shoei RF-1100. Over 5 years old so it needed to be replaced but no other damage. If you don't value your brain as much take a look! Comes with smoke and clear shields. Size XL. $10.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Arson Daily posted:

Sedici gauntlet gloves. Pretty cheap that I bought for a track day and then wore 6 more times. Size XL. $20.

Yes please. Where to send money?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Beach Bum posted:

Yes please. Where to send money?

PM me an address and I'll get you a shipping quote and a final total. Thanks for looking!

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I’d like the alpine stars set. And the other pants. I don’t have pm. Email me. Mraycgz@yahoo.com
Edit-throw the gloves in mans make it a set.

kenny powerzzz fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 20, 2019

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

My life sucks to high hell and I gotta grab an apartment, no room for two bikes. I’m keeping the GL1000. Someone come take my DRZ away before I try to ‘make it work.’ $3k. Near Kalamazoo MI, saddlebags are gone and they were terrible, you didn’t want them anyways.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

kenny powerzzz posted:

I’d like the alpine stars set. And the other pants. I don’t have pm. Email me. Mraycgz@yahoo.com
Edit-throw the gloves in mans make it a set.

Just to clarify you want the Astars jacket, pants, shorty gloves and the olympia pants?

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Arson Daily posted:

Just to clarify you want the Astars jacket, pants, shorty gloves and the olympia pants?

Yup.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Got the gauntlets. They fit perfectly! Thanks again!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Email sent!

Big Nose
Apr 4, 2004

The cultural revolution has found its end in Arkansas
I'd like the helmet. Sent PM.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Arson Daily posted:

Email sent!

Oh I didn’t message you but I got the stuff. I travel and haven’t been home but the wife says it’s all nice, clean and smells good. I realize that kinda looks weird but I’ve purchased stuff like this before that came from a smoker. And I assume you’ve gotten the money and life is good. Thanks again!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
$150 Alpinestars T-GP Plus R v2 Air Jacket (size 2XL) https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-t-gp-plus-r-v2-air-jacket
$150 REV'IT! Airwave 2 Pants (size 2XL (Black Short)) https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-airwave-2-pants
$650 Alpinestars Motegi v2 2-Piece Race Suit (black/white/red size 58) https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-motegi-v2-2-piece-race-suit
$250 Alpinestars SMX Plus Vented Boots (black/white size 45) https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-smx-plus-vented-boots
$200 Alpinestars GP Pro R2 Gloves (black/white size XL) https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-gp-pro-r2-glove

Track gear worn for one track day with track underwear underneath then put away. The T-GP jacket I wore for general riding for 2 years. The airwave pants got almost 0 wear.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/6hKJXLi

PM me or lol@myusername.com

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

kenny powerzzz posted:

Oh I didn’t message you but I got the stuff. I travel and haven’t been home but the wife says it’s all nice, clean and smells good. I realize that kinda looks weird but I’ve purchased stuff like this before that came from a smoker. And I assume you’ve gotten the money and life is good. Thanks again!

Glad it all worked out. Got the money too. Thanks again!

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Dainese Dyno Pro D1 Shoes size 43 for sale. I only wore these about a dozen times and they just don't fit my wide feet very well. Wish they did since they seem like excellent boots. Asking $200 shipped.

Here they are on RevZilla: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-dyno-pro-d1-shoes

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I have a set of 120/17 F and 160/17 R ContiAttack SM tires for free to anyone who wants them

Life left: ~80% edge grip ~90% center tread (supermoto life is really easy on tires)

Stored inside on a tire rack nearly their whole life mounted to my 450 SM's 17" wheel set. I put about 200 miles on the street on these and then this year used them for a few rounds of Supermoto racing & a track day a few weekends ago. Though on the end of the scale age wise, they still heat up and stick great and I would absolutely throw them on a commuter or w/e if I had one they fit. But I don't and nor does anyone around me so before I toss them in the trash I offer them up here for free - you pay shipping probably $35-60 I'd guess depending on where you are. I happen to have a box handy as the slicks I just replaced these with for racing have arrived.

So if you have something you commute on and just want to slab away some tires without guilt HMU

hoho`win
Mar 7, 2003
I have an exhaust, saddle, and gas tank from a 1971 Honda CL 350. Free to a good home.

Local pickup only, Chicago

Pics, no exhaust in picture: https://imgur.com/a/PJWjlkL

Give it a week before it goes on eBay/CL

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Voltage posted:

Asking $250 shipped!

Still have these pants -

I'll do $150 -
Really good deal for these pants, my loss is your gain!

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
I ordered this helmet in 2014 and wore it a half dozen times before selling my dual sport. Looks and smells like new. It's an LS2-MX453. Have the tinted and clear shield. Free, just pay for shipping. 27587 if you want to estimate costs.

Gone!

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 2, 2019

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Sold

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 2, 2019

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
What size is the armor?

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Well yeah, that's dumb. Medium on both.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
Putting some feelers out there. Not enough time for projects these days- I need to not have four bikes in the driveway, and my TL1000S needs some fork seals/bushings so $$$ is needed for the shop. I'd be happy with $500 for either of these. I'm in the Bay Area.

- 1982 XJ650 Seca. Always starts. C-S tires are 2 or 3 years old, light use. Seat reupholstered, roller bearings in the steering head, sealed front wheel bearings installed when I got it, new final drive seal. Headlamp lens and gauges missing. Reg is current; rode it to work several times this summer.

- 1982 GL1100 Aspencade. Started last time I tried but carbs need some adjustment. I rebuilt the carbs with Randakk's viton kit and rode a bunch then it sat for a long time. VTX1800 shocks in the rear. TIres ~9 years old but light use. Timing belt installed ~2010. Battery is charged so I'll try firing it up sometime this week. It's on non-op though.

I also have a full GL1000 exhaust and headers, rear shocks and a box of parts. Make any offer that makes you feel good.

If you have platinum, I've posted about these in the past so details on their history is all here.

No PM so: [me] at gmail dot com

Ally McBeal Wiki
Aug 15, 2002

TheFraggot
KLR OUT

Ally McBeal Wiki fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 24, 2019

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Voltage posted:

Asking $250 shipped!

Make me an offer!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Voltage posted:

Make me an offer!

Make me less fat :v:

Ally McBeal Wiki
Aug 15, 2002

TheFraggot
new biek who dis

Ally McBeal Wiki fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Ride over to WA and I’ll buy it :v:

e: speaking of, anyone want to buy an 82 XS650?

kloa fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 17, 2019