Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
had the top of the helmet hit rudolph instead of the inside, we may have watched a man be brained to death on live tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Mayfield is going to get curb stomped in 2 weeks.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

well at least it wasnt helmet to helmet :v:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

That is going to be a nasty as hell game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

On the replay he didn't even use the effective part of the helmet to try to kill Rudolph. I see one game at most.

Jokes aside I actually do only see a max of 4 games for that and think it'll probably be less. Not because of what anyone deserves but because of the NFL.

e: Has Garrett been fined/suspended before? That'll play into things.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol at literally everyone saying "Well you see he grabbed Garrett's facemask first" to justify hitting Rudolph in the head with his own helmet

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jubs posted:

Wait. It was 3rd down when the fight happened. Since it was offsetting penalties, the kneel down took place on 3rd down.

the penalties were called after 3rd down ended

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/RealBBQDom/status/1195202077863141378

:cripes:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Jubs posted:

Wait. It was 3rd down when the fight happened. Since it was offsetting penalties, the kneel down took place on 3rd down.

Why was it offsetting when it was 2 to 1 on the penalties?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Jokes aside I actually do only see a max of 4 games for that and think it'll probably be less. Not because of what anyone deserves but because of the NFL.

Yeah people need to get a little more realistic about this. It's not like he got caught smoking weed.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

wow i just noticed 53 kicking garrett in the head after he got him down

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Mayfield throwing garret under the bus.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

It is he started the whole thing by trying to rip Garretts helmet off while they were both on the ground.

It's a d lineman against a pissy QB.

Baker, the correct answer is "I didnt see poo poo".

Lmao this interview is great.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

hahhaah omg erin just asked if baker could have talked him down

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Intruder posted:

lol at literally everyone saying "Well you see he grabbed Garrett's facemask first" to justify hitting Rudolph in the head with his own helmet

https://twitter.com/SteelBlitzburgh/status/1195201591642664962

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Yudo posted:

Mayfield throwing garret under the bus.

Garrett committed a violent crime on tv. He threw himself under the bus.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

DaStampede posted:

Garrett's getting suspended for that

It was self defense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jubs posted:

Why was it offsetting when it was 2 to 1 on the penalties?

Because that's how it works

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Very clearly self defense.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jubs posted:

Why am I the only one that noticed this?

Probably because we saw an extremely vile and grotesque facemask by Mason “The Mauler” Rudolph followed by some garden variety retaliation

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

On the replay he didn't even use the effective part of the helmet to try to kill Rudolph. I see one game at most.

e: Has Garrett been fined/suspended before? That'll play into things.

lmao he could have legit killed rudolph if he connected with the bad part of the helmet, mason is still hosed up from that horrific concussion

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Garrett committed a violent crime on tv. He threw himself under the bus.

I wasn't faulting him for it. I'm shocked he was so frank.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jubs posted:

:lol:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mason Rudolph roided out and started grabbing at Garret's helmet. What was he supposed to do?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Mason Rudolph roided out and started grabbing at Garret's helmet. What was he supposed to do?

probably not that!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

lmao he could have legit killed rudolph if he connected with the bad part of the helmet, mason is still hosed up from that horrific concussion

I'll note again I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's the NFL and that's what they'll probably do.

Wouldn't mind being wrong.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Borsche69 posted:

I don't know but certainly not rip his helmet off and hit him in the unprotected head with it

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Probably it was fourth down because the offsetting penalties took place after the play? *shrugs* I got nothin

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I mean I guess Mason started it, but trying to kill him with his own helmet seems like a disproportionate response?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Imagine if someone did that to Tom Brady lol

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Intruder posted:

Rudolph isn't a small guy he started the whole thing. Garrett should be suspended the rest of the year, but Rudolph deserves a suspension, and heavy fine too.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

just suspend everyone that was on field

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
My favorite is the clear "gently caress" from Rudolph as soon as he connects, and then the incensed ".... BITCH!" after Ogunjobi cleans him out for no reason

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Borsche69 posted:

Let it go for 2 weeks and make a questionably legal tackle that takes out a knee?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Again, qbs have to know to you let their oline handle that poo poo.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Grabbing under a helmet vs beating a man to death with his own helmet - Offsetting Penalties

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

underrated: watch rudolph throughout this clip.

lol at him getting cheap shotted again, and then the complete lack of any steeler coming to protect him and him just getting bullied and pushed around by the browns surrounding him

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Imagine if someone did that to Tom Brady lol

this will help get me to sleep tonight, thanks bud

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Zyla posted:

underrated: watch rudolph throughout this clip.

lol at him getting cheap shotted again, and then the complete lack of any steeler coming to protect him and him just getting bullied and pushed around by the browns surrounding him

He did throw 4 picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol the only reason anyone is advocating for a Rudolph suspension is because of what Garrett did to him after. If Garrett laughed and walked away, this would be a personal foul flag and a non issue.