Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
Hi UKMT. As a literal communist I kind of like this Corbyn guy you have, but I see a lot of people calling him an anti semite. Where is this coming from? Because I search for sources of any kind but all I seem to be able to find is people calling him an anti semite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Privatise are nuclear arsenal, I say

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hearty lols all round in my Train Planning department for a major UK rail company as Boris announces he wants to re-open lines shut by Beeching.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Bobstar posted:

Seems to be a last-ditch argument, now they've noticed that people are waking up to the divide. "But look! The evil thing is connected to ordinary people's pensions. And since there's no other possible way of organising pension provision, I guess you're stuck with the evil thing"

This will affect *thing anyone under the age of 50 will never have anyway*!!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Rude Dude With Tude posted:

Boris Johnson's response after being asked how normal swamp dwelling proles could possibly relate to the World King is fantastic.

https://twitter.com/hardcastIe/status/1195267953610149888

loving hell

This is somehow even worse than that video the other day. The man's brain is Eton Mess, I almost feel embarrassed for him.

Almost.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Joda posted:

Hi UKMT. As a literal communist I kind of like this Corbyn guy you have, but I see a lot of people calling him an anti semite. Where is this coming from? Because I search for sources of any kind but all I seem to be able to find is people calling him an anti semite.

This is a recommended read: https://mainlymacro.blogspot.com/2019/11/corbyn-and-antisemitism.html

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Joda posted:

If this isn't a troll then you already have a firm grasp on the situation

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Jedit posted:

First they came for the buses, and I did not speak out
For the buses never came for me

:eng101:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1195220166088577025

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Joda posted:

Well see Jeremy Corbyn opposed apartheid in South Africa, and he spoke on the same stage as a Jewish-Hungarian Holocaust survivor who said that what Israel is doing is bad, like what South Africa did.

Also a Labour Jewish group invited an Israeli activist who said "it's legal to deny the Holocaust in Britain, but you don't have to listen to or platform people who do" while Jeremy Corbyn was in the same building.

Further more, he held a beetroot in the air and shouted 'gently caress capitalism' at a bunch of Jews who were observing a seder except it was actually them that did that and not him.

He has however been known to appear on state television services run by people who tell anti-Jewish jokes, won't work if there are 'blacks' in the room, and touch children.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

michael rosen owns

https://twitter.com/MichaelRosenYes/status/1195310990889541637

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hearty lols all round in my Train Planning department for a major UK rail company as Boris announces he wants to re-open lines shut by Beeching.

It's like he thinks the infrastructure is still there and you can just snap your fingers and away you go.
I know the former stations round my way have been turned into tourist tea rooms and there are no rails left.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Like Trump, Boris recently found out that the top job is actually quite hard and isn’t entirely about sycophantic guffawing, scoring with ladies and :cocaine: as he had hoped.

He is now finding out that campaigning is also pretty hard when you don't have the entire establishment on your side. It is destroying him :getin:

But he needs to press on towards the position of World King.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/huwlemmey/status/1195307972018286593?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Not sure 'think about your pensions' is the argument winner for Millenials the media thinks it is when we all know we're either working till we're 75 or dead from climate change by then

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Simon Magin letter to Graun - he is reporting Graun's CEO to Metropolitan Police for breach of Representation of the People Act

(It's an image so can't copy paste text)

https://twitter.com/simonmaginn/status/1195052711428984832?s=20

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Gort posted:

Are there countries with free broadband for every citizen?

I don't know about free, but Finland has made broadband a legal right back in 2010.

https://www.bbc.com/news/10461048

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is for TheRat

https://twitter.com/DipeshGadher/status/1195300323495227394?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Sun's quote bubbles look like the Klan logo.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

From the Graun Live blag:

Q: Can you deliver this without a majority Labour government?

Corbyn says that issue does not arise because there is going to be a majority Labour government.

:getin:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bobstar posted:

Corbyn says that issue does not arise because there is going to be a majority Labour government.

This is a tactic the Conservatives and Labour roll out every election.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Joda posted:

now y'see, you gotta keep digging through the sources of people calling him an antisemite through the first layer of reporting to get to the kernel of this one, to find them referencing people who called him an antisemite, who are refrencing people who called him an antisemite, who are referencing people who called him an antisemite, who are then referencing labour friends of israel who themselves are referencing people who called him an antisemite within their own organisation (but not jews), who are referencing people who called him an antisemite until eventually you get back to the 26th may 1949 where corbyn is being born and he makes a baby whine that sounds only slightly like some antisemitic remark causing his doctor to look in horror

and there we have it, the first man to name jeremy corbyn an antisemite

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Joda posted:

TLDR: The whole thing is a right wing smear spun out from the fact that Corbyn has been extremely critical of the human rights abuses against Palestinians and wants to stop selling guns to Israel.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's like he thinks the infrastructure is still there and you can just snap your fingers and away you go.
I know the former stations round my way have been turned into tourist tea rooms and there are no rails left.

It's such a blatant "We'll go back to the 1950s" pitch to the olds, too. Better rail links to rural areas as part of a national public transport scheme is, in itself, a good idea.

But just pitching it as undoing a controversial policy from 1962 as if suddenly we'll be back to sleepy country stations with milk churns on the platforms, a peak-hatted station master, a forelock-tugging porter to take your bags and a cat asleep in front of the waiting room fire is laughable.

Leaving aside the massive physical difficulty of reinstating any of the Beeching-cut routes, putting all that effort into reviving routes that were built in the Victorian era for completely different purposes and, effectively, a different world rather than the needs of today just to satisfy some nostalgic aesthetic is peak facism Tory

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Azza Bamboo posted:

This is a tactic the Conservatives and Labour roll out every election.

And the Libdems this time round!

But yes, true, but it still sounds good.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Joda posted:

I'm going to post you an article that promotes this smear, parading itself as evidence of Corbyn's antisemitism.

https://www.camera.org/article/jeremy-corbyns-antisemitism-crisis-a-timeline/

If you want my actual opinion, though, it's that the right wing press have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at Corbyn and the only reason Antisemitism is used is because that somewhat shallow blow actually grabbed peoples attention. It's only then that people have gone back to really try and substantiate the claim of antisemitism.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Bobstar posted:

same thing jo's doing really, though at least there's a relatively higher chance labour will actually win their majority. simple but meaningless electioneering really.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

oscarthewilde posted:

same thing jo's doing really, though at least there's a relatively higher chance labour will actually win their majority. simple but meaningless electioneering really.

And there's no doubt the Lib Dems learned this from the terrible campaign Clegg ran in 2015 promising to "Put a heart in a Conservative government or a Brain into a Labour government."

His failure was obviously down to much more than this kind of message, but it still sucked.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Azza Bamboo posted:

If you want my actual opinion, though, it's that the right wing press have thrown everything including the two kitchen sinks at Corbyn and the only reason Antisemitism is used is because that somewhat shallow blow actually grabbed peoples attention. It's only then that people have gone back to really try and substantiate the claim of antisemitism.
Fixed to remind everyone that the same newspapers were being coyly antisemitic themselves a couple of years before.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

BalloonFish posted:

and a cat asleep in front of the waiting room fire is laughable.

This bit should be Labour policy though. Cats for everyone! :getin:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/GarethBQuinn/status/1195322658424074241?s=20

ScotLab continuing it's descent into irrelevancy unfortunately.

Granted, I don't think Corbyn's been in those areas, but still not great.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Fixed to remind everyone that the same newspapers were being coyly antisemitic themselves a couple of years before.

Some of these papers literally cheered for literally Hitler.

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Shot:

Chaser:

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Simon Magin letter to Graun - he is reporting Graun's CEO to Metropolitan Police for breach of Representation of the People Act

(It's an image so can't copy paste text)

https://twitter.com/simonmaginn/status/1195052711428984832?s=20

Oh cool of course they've also done this:
https://twitter.com/abbyhoffmann/status/1195298099410944006

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TobyonTV/status/1195279431339827200?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol the guy who heckled corbyn has been suspended by the church of scotland

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah, some of the root accusations were being thrown at Milliband when he backed the rights of Palestinians, but the papers were too busy calling him a north London intellectual with two kitchens that can't eat a bacon sandwich to want to pick up that attack line.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Another Person posted:

until eventually you get back to the 26th may 1949 where corbyn is being born and he makes a baby whine that sounds only slightly like some antisemitic remark causing his doctor to look in horror*

and there we have it, the first man to name jeremy corbyn an antisemite

* approval

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

lol the guy who heckled corbyn has been suspended by the church of scotland

lmao, got a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Was this doctor a bear and/or marine perchance?