Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

bobjr posted:

Can Myles Garret demand trial by combat?

Sure, but it better be a good old fashioned beating up, one where he gets punched a lot more than he punches someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Important question: did anyone involved notice if the helmet was a Schutt Air Advantage Adult Large? Asking for a friend.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/edsbs/status/1195338739175874560

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Not enough people talking about this imo

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1195334101655543813?s=19

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

This a good time to remind everyone that James Harrison’s position was that he tried to hit players helmet-to-helmet and that his hit on Colt McCoy in particular was fine. And plenty of people in the NFL media defended that position.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Can you imagine a world where everytime an NFL player threw a pinch they would be put in jail for 6 months.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Amy Pole Her posted:

Pouncey deserves 6 canes too

👀

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I love that in the backdrop of these slick NFL features celebrating the pageantry and evolution of 100 years of football, you have this visceral almost primordial violence of just clubbing a guy with a heavy blunt object.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Why are people pretending that Myles is now as dirty a player as Clay Matthews?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Doctor Butts posted:

Rudolph tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. He got lucky Garrett lost his poo poo so he can play victim.

Yeah, did you see what Mason Rudolph was wearing? What did he expect?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Pouncey loving rules lmao those punches and kicks owned

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

Why are people pretending that Myles is now as dirty a player as Clay Matthews?

I think prior to this he was about average for NFL pass rushers and his "dirty" stuff was the same 1-2 second late hit penalties they all struggle with.

Now he's gone full heel and even if he never gets another personal foul in his career he'll be known as a dirty player.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So Pouncey was involved, huh? Shocking.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Yikes that’s an autocorrect you don’t see every day

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
gently caress mike pereira

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, did you see what Mason Rudolph was wearing? What did he expect?

Rudolph is far from innocent in all this, come on now.

Garrett clearly overreacted to an insane degree but Rudolph was in the wrong too, and deserves some punishment

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I don’t really disagree with people happy to point out we condone the participation in a violent sport that engages ins brutal violence that harms people. In any event he will be suspended for the rest of the year. I wish this was Ben getting donked.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

To be safe ban both teams.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

Pouncey loving rules lmao those punches and kicks owned

This tbh

OxySnake posted:

Moreso this

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

OxySnake posted:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

OxySnake posted:

Ban the Patriots too, just in case

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Amy Pole Her posted:

Garrett clearly overreacted to an insane degree but Rudolph was in the wrong too, and deserves some punishment

Rudolph shouldn't get anything because trying to get out from underneath a guy laying on top of you isn't worthy of a suspension.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Guze posted:

Ban the Patriots too, just in case

:hmmyes:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Rudolph is really lucky (Garrett too I guess) that he got hit with the soft padded part of the helmet that pads the back of the neck

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

freeman posted:

Rudolph shouldn't get anything because trying to get out from underneath a guy laying on top of you isn't worthy of a suspension.

#justice4mason

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

freeman posted:

Playoff poster hot take

16 game suspension for garret tho

Pouncey gets 8
Rudolph 1

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

EmbryoSteve posted:

Playoff poster hot take

16 game suspension for garret tho

Pouncey gets 8
Rudolph 1

Same amount of games as their jersey numbers imo.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Relocate the Steelers to Cleveland, relocate the Browns to the Bermuda Triangle. Relocate the Patriots to Bangor and call them the Maineiacs, and have them play on the infield at Bangor International so that only diverted international flights can see the game

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

OxySnake posted:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

freeman posted:

I agree with this but also disagree because if he is suspended literally anyone else will be in as QB

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Trade Garret to the Cavs for Kevin Love.That should be punishment enough.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Idk man, this is a game where the Browns' defense doled out 3 helmet to helmet concussions, had a player ejected for a helmet hit that made a dude bleed from his ear, and late hits to the QB for 4 quarters-- all before Garrett's madness.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
look at the tail end of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVkbdSFCaU&feature=player_embedded

Rudolph tried to rip Garrets helmet off, so Garret ripped his helmet off, then slapped him with it for being a bitch.

I have zero loving sympathy for his outrage.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Also of loving course there was going to be a Rudolph is a megachud who should've been killed :downsbravo: take within the first few posts of the thread

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idk man, this is a game where the Browns' defense doled out 3 helmet to helmet concussions, had a player ejected for a helmet hit that made a dude bleed from his ear, and late hits to the QB for 4 quarters-- all before Garrett's madness.

Browns saw the Steelers/Bengals games and said "Me too!"

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

freeman posted:

Even if you don’t think Rudolph should be suspended, this is a wild take on what happened.

Rudolph was clearly attempting to fight Garrett. Whether that deserves any attention from the league is up for debate, but that’s a fact of the case.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

To me, All that matters is each act in of itself. I’m not saying he was not justifiable to get heated, I’m saying his actions were wrong.

That being said I won’t lose sleep if he isn’t suspended. Garrett and Pouncey gotta go though. Garrett obviously more so.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Helmet to helmet hits should be automatic ejections and a fine. That's the only way to have a chance of it getting 'better'.

It's been rough trying to really get back into following football. Knowing that these dudes are going to have CTE makes me feel like I'm complicit.

'Luckily' it was easy to not care about football for a while because there was no way the Browns would be anything but terrible.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 15, 2019

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

look at the tail end of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVkbdSFCaU&feature=player_embedded

Rudolph tried to rip Garrets helmet off, so Garret ripped his helmet off, then slapped him with it for being a bitch.

I have zero loving sympathy for his outrage.

How are we still discussing this? Garrett unnecessarily drug him to the ground well after he got rid of the ball. That’s where this all starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I think Rudolph gets a fine and no other discipline, Garrett gets 6 games and no appeal. Browns aren't making the playoffs, but if they do, he'll be back for them.