Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Am I a bad person if I hope Nunes gets hit by a car?

Yes, that would likely cause an awful lot of trouble for the driver.

Suggest lightning instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

So they're just trying to muddy the waters right? That's all they have?

they once again did it very poorly, because their cover was "BUT HE ASKED ABOUT CORRUPTION BEFORE! A PERFECT CALL!

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1195350339396022273

except he actually didn't say anything about it, and they changed the official readout to make it seem like he did ask

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I don't think we're spending enough time acknowledging Nancy Pelosi Did A Good Thing Yesterday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/14/us/politics/pelosi-impeachment-bribery.html

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Holy poo poo.
Cenk Uygur is running for Katie Hill’s seat. He’s almost raised 200k in 2 days.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

half cocaine posted:

I don't think we're spending enough time acknowledging Nancy Pelosi Did A Good Thing Yesterday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/14/us/politics/pelosi-impeachment-bribery.html

Speaking of Nancy, please donate to Shahid Buttar.

https://shahidforchange.us/

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
This testimony from Yovanovich is excellent and y'all should watch it if you get a chance. She seems to be channeling all the angry career diplomat rage.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

ewiley posted:

This testimony from Yovanovich is excellent and y'all should watch it if you get a chance. She seems to be channeling all the angry career diplomat rage.

Gym Jordan is going to try and call her and other diplomats cowards right after she wraps up what they've done for this country.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Vilerat mention!

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Vilerat mention!

Pour this drink out for the homie.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I cannot wait for the republican counsel's 45 minutes. He was a complete disaster the other day.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The Benghazi mention was :kiss:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

I cannot wait for the republican counsel's 45 minutes. He was a complete disaster the other day.

I would lose it if Rudy was chosen to be the new person

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I would lose it if Rudy was chosen to be the new person

"How did you know I did [unmentioned crimes] when I, and the president, have always said we've only done [other things which are also crimes]?"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kraftwerk posted:

Holy poo poo.
Cenk Uygur is running for Katie Hill’s seat. He’s almost raised 200k in 2 days.
Take that Pod Save America :smug:

(I find this hilarious)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zapf Dingbat posted:

My wife used to work at this printing company.

They also print stuff by Mike Murdock, a prosperity gospel grifter.

They also have two sets of books: one that the official accountant is allowed to see, and one that only the wife handles, and is very secret.

So they didn't have to fire a girl for being pregnant, they just harassed her and gave her lovely work until she quit.

They would tolerate a lesbian woman in the mailroom, but never promote her even though she was the most responsible person there for years.

In the summer, part of my wife's duties was to babysit their children, who they brought to work. Not officially, of course.

But of course small businesses are full of these kinds of people. I was never so happy than to get a corporate job.

What is it with printing companies. I worked at one and party of my job ended up being ACT prep for the owner's dumb as rocks son(who tried to sell me weed and sent me a message on the middle of the night "r u bi")

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I can't envision how GOP will go after the witness without looking awful

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

ummel posted:

Pour this drink out for the homie.

Shoot blues, tell Vilerat. RIP to a real one.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I can't envision how GOP will go after the witness without looking awful

Awful to whom? People think that this is theater with no actual impact on the results.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They really need to stop shooting themselves in the foot by releasing transcripts

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1195356211937468417?s=20

FlamingLiberal posted:

They really need to stop shooting themselves in the foot by releasing transcripts

Counterpoint: Disagree. They need to release MORE transcripts.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the whole "concerns about your security" thing is so loving insane

to wake a ambassador up in the middle of the night and say that implies we literally think a benghazi might happen to you. but instead it's just that trump got mad and they needed some excuse

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

eke out posted:

they once again did it very poorly, because their cover was "BUT HE ASKED ABOUT CORRUPTION BEFORE! A PERFECT CALL!

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1195350339396022273

except he actually didn't say anything about it, and they changed the official readout to make it seem like he did ask

Whoever guessed that even this call would somehow implicate Trump in more wrongdoing, good call.

Perhaps a perfect call. Nice!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trump managed to go one whole day without liveblogging the impeachment hearings.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Live tweeting responses to impeachment hearings. .. .. this seems like a bold strategy

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

eke out posted:

the whole "concerns about your security" thing is so loving insane

The Trump administration looks incompetent as gently caress using this excuse for one of Trump's tantrums.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Watching a strong woman attack his corrupt character must be hell for the big baby and I for one hope he'll live tweet today's hearings all day.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

But remember everyone, the President is too busy to be watching TV all the time

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

drat, that's who was responsible for the Somali Civil War? That's crazy, man.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1195358037575393285?s=20

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

canepazzo posted:

Watching a strong woman attack his corrupt character must be hell for the big baby and I for one hope he'll live tweet today's hearings all day.

bingo, that's the real difference between this and last round

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

eke out posted:

bingo, that's the real difference between this and last round

Did you feel threatened?

YES!!!!

Dick-tater Trump not gonna be happy at Nunes entering the transcript into the record now.

Dunite fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 15, 2019

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
That part of the transcript makes him sound like a mob boss.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump said "Shes going to go through things"

Jesus christ

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jesus christ
Yeah, I hadn't really been following the Yovanovitch part of this whole scandal, and it's so much worse than I realized.

Also I will never get tired of articulate people reading Trump's ramblings aloud verbatim.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Jesus christ

I mean, we knew this, but to have her on live TV almost rendered speechless about how bad it was is some powerful poo poo.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
This testimony from Yovanovich is damning. They are destroying the idea that Trump was interested in anti-corruption efforts in Ukraine by clearly laying out how he got rid of her for her anti-corruption efforts. And the threat, goddamn.

I feel so much for her. I've just pulled over while driving to listen to this more fully.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I know, I know, "in any other presidency" but gently caress sake, in any other presidency just the veiled threats to your own loving ambassador would be a huge, months/years long scandal. For Trump, it's a Friday.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ehud posted:

I can’t watch today so could someone screencap his most shameful moments?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I wonder if this testimony has pizzazz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

canepazzo posted:

I wonder if this testimony has pizzazz

Every ten minutes they should have confetti cannons and dancers performing an elaborate and provocative routine.