Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

everyone needs a pouncey twin in their crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It really helped Aaron Hernandez.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So has a team ever so quickly transformed from face to heel without winning a super bowl?

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/nasboat5000/status/1195212035602178048?s=21

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Democrazy posted:

Even if you don’t think Rudolph should be suspended, this is a wild take on what happened.

Rudolph was clearly attempting to fight Garrett. Whether that deserves any attention from the league is up for debate, but that’s a fact of the case.

The lunge you saw shortly before the assault was him trying to grab his helmet. The "kick" I see referenced was him trying to shove away the guy who was pulling him by the face mask. His left hand looked awkward when they were on the ground so it could have been caught in Garrett's face mask. There's no "fact" that he was trying to fight.

Garrett, Pouncey, and Ogunjobi all deserve suspensions.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Honestly, this is probably Rudolph's most valuable contribution towards the Steelers' playoff hopes he's made this season.

Nov 6, 2002

The best thing for the Steelers would be for Rudolph to miss time on suspension, so I hope that is avoided.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Suspend Rudolph for the season then eject him cause goddamn he sucks and is a terrible player

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I would be surprised if the mega-punishment predictions come true, Hayeneworth got like 5 games for stomping Gurode's head so bad it took 30 stitches to fix - and a spike barely missed one of his eyes. :gonk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We’re going to finish what we started in 2 weeks.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It's so wrong but the look on Rudolph's face as he's sitting on the ground after getting pushed by Ogunjobi keeps making me chuckle.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

freeman posted:

The lunge you saw shortly before the assault was him trying to grab his helmet. The "kick" I see referenced was him trying to shove away the guy who was pulling him by the face mask. His left hand looked awkward when they were on the ground so it could have been caught in Garrett's face mask. There's no "fact" that he was trying to fight.

The confrontation was essentially over before Rudolph charged in. If Rudolph doesn’t charge in there and try to confront Garrett, it’s a 15-yard face mask penalty.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hunt11 posted:

So has a team ever so quickly transformed from face to heel without winning a super bowl?

Eagles dream team maybe?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Rudolph the Red-Faced Rage Case
Had some very awful throws
And if you ever s--*gets brained with helmet*

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Workshoping a hot take that this is really Mike Tomlins fault for not just taking a knee

MY COLUMN

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

sean10mm posted:

I would be surprised if the mega-punishment predictions come true, Hayeneworth got like 5 games for stomping Gurode's head so bad it took 30 stitches to fix - and a spike barely missed one of his eyes. :gonk:

That was in 2006, little different now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

John Brown posted:

How are we still discussing this? Garrett unnecessarily drug him to the ground well after he got rid of the ball. That’s where this all starts.

ooooooooooh noooooooo, someone completed a tackle, better go full cortland finnegan/andre johnson...

freeman posted:

lol "his hand could have been caught in his facemask" okay guy.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 15, 2019

Nov 6, 2002

Guze posted:

Workshoping a hot take that this is really Mike Tomlins fault for not just taking a knee

MY COLUMN

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MIKE TOMLIN LOSING THE LOCKERROOM.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MIKE TOMLIN LOSING THE LOCKERROOM.

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH AND WHEN DOES TOO FAR NOT GO FAR ENOUGH

A 40 TWEET THREAD

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Democrazy posted:

The confrontation was essentially over before Rudolph charged in. If Rudolph doesn’t charge in there and try to confront Garrett, it’s a 15-yard face mask penalty.

He lunged for his helmet and literally every camera angle supports this. The penalty is meaningless when the game is 8 seconds from being over.

Chilichimp posted:

lol "his hand could have been caught in his facemask" okay guy.

So that never happens? rofl

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

freeman posted:

It didn't happen here, and doesn't explain him trying to pull the helmet off the back of Garrets head while also pulling on the facemask.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It really helped Aaron Hernandez.

He had both twins, you really want just 1 to keep your levels balanced.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chilichimp posted:

It didn't happen here, and doesn't explain him trying to pull the helmet off the back of Garrets head while also pulling on the facemask.

Idk maybe it was the late hit, a full 3 seconds after the ball was thrown

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1195356258477453312?s=19

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Rudolph’s agent weighs legal options from melee

His best chance for payday from NFL

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/FlowsAndolini/status/1195208296317247488?s=19

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

He was grabbing Garrett's facemask trying to pull off the helmet, so his hand was technically stuck because he wasn't letting go.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Chilichimp posted:

Can't find the angle you saw of apparently clear view on him grabbing Garrett's face mask.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

whole lotta "if he didn't run, he wouldn't have gotten shot" posters ITT

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

freeman posted:

He lunged for his helmet and literally every camera angle supports this. The penalty is meaningless when the game is 8 seconds from being over.

Whether the penalty would have affected the outcome of the game is irrelevant. There’s no reason to interpret Rudolph’s actions so charitably, and in any case, he clearly escalated the situation. He could have just waited for Garrett to give him his helmet back instead of lunging at him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idk maybe it was the late hit, a full 3 seconds after the ball was thrown

Yes, the unflagged, flagrant late-hit... that absolutely did not happen.

freeman posted:

Can't find the angle you saw of apparently clear view on him grabbing Garrett's face mask.

I can't see the clear angle you saw where his hand was "stuck" in his facemask...

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 15, 2019

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

sportsgenius86 posted:

how is this post in the nfl thread somehow worse than literally all of the college football threads

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Garrett pulled Mason down on top of himself basically. Not really seeing anything dirty at that point until Mason escalated.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Wow that's a bad comparison and metaphor. Almost insulting tbh.

Running isn't an escalation.

I'm not saying Garrett shouldn't get the book thrown at him because you can't loving do that. But boy if you rip at someone's head and kick them and then run up and get in their face. You aren't going to get pity from me for getting hit.

Nov 6, 2002

Now I dunno about you, but I read this Mason fellow is a Trump supporter. So it seems like we should just sweep this all under the rug in the grand tradition of boys being boys like 'ol Trump himself would say.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
How about this. Grabbing someone's helmet is still not grounds to rip off a guy's helmet and try break his skull with it.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Chilichimp posted:

I can't see the clear angle you saw where his hand was "stuck" in his facemask...

I said it "could have" and you said it didn't get stuck but was pulling at it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CyberPingu posted:

How about this. Grabbing someone's helmet is still not grounds to rip off a guy's helmet and try break his skull with it.

Maybe he should keep his feet to himself too?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1195362816326279169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Went to bed around halftime and dreamed the Browns won, but my subconscious forget about the part where Garrett's trying to break Mason Rudolp's head off like a kit-kat bar.