Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Gonna shoot you an add as I have remnant but have only played an hour because it wasn’t very fun solo

Sounds good. I'm installing it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
It has great games but most of them I already played or can get on steam with some discount so... dunno if it's worth it for me, I could just buy the ones that I want in some sale and keep them. For new gamers it sure has awesome value but I'd be more interested if they had some good new games/exclusives.

And yes, the app is completely awful

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The Xbox game pass has to be one of the worst pieces of software I've used in years. You made me resent paying a dollar for video games. Good job.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

eric ciaramella posted:

The Xbox game pass has to be one of the worst pieces of software I've used in years. You made me resent paying a dollar for video games. Good job.

Dude, the PC app is somehow worse. Not only is it ungodly difficult to use, it’s also slow as molasses in January. And for the low, low price of pegging my (laptop) GPU to 100% if the app is open.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Disposable Scud posted:

Gamepass not being a good service is one hell of a take.

I didn't say that at all. But if you buy games new it's less useful. At least until ms games stop being poo poo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
loving around with this Game Pass PC thing since Discord thrust a code at me. I'm assuming nobody plays Gears 1 Ultimate online anymore and I should just jump straight to Gears 5, right? I want to shoot a weird alien man and only have so much HDD space at the moment.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Whew that first remnant boss wasn't loving around. I wonder if the difficulty scales, if it's all the same no matter what and\or if harder difficulty players can match up with lower ones, because my group of randoms got rocked. After they quit, finally beat it by myself.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I didn't say that at all. But if you buy games new it's less useful. At least until ms games stop being poo poo.

That's definitely fair. I have experienced this recently with Remnant, WWZ and DMC5. Especially Remnant as that isn't even three months old.

Speaking of Remnant, hit me up folks. GT is Disposable Scud

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Is anybody getting an error when trying to download Halo MCC on the very well designed Xbox app? I'm able to download everything else on the store.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Thom12255 posted:

Is anybody getting an error when trying to download Halo MCC on the very well designed Xbox app? I'm able to download everything else on the store.
Yeah, I think it's a preload issue. I made sure I had enough drive space, too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Kins posted:

loving around with this Game Pass PC thing since Discord thrust a code at me. I'm assuming nobody plays Gears 1 Ultimate online anymore and I should just jump straight to Gears 5, right? I want to shoot a weird alien man and only have so much HDD space at the moment.

I recall reading that Gears 1 Ultimate straight up doesn't work on Windows 10

quote:

It's busted yeah

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Rdr2 is 60% off for the rest of the day, so I went ahead and grabbed that. Will get fallen order when it's on a similar sale.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

bushisms.txt posted:

Rdr2 is 60% off for the rest of the day, so I went ahead and grabbed that. Will get fallen order when it's on a similar sale.

Thanks for tip!

I'm still pissed about the 3 months for a buck deal not working. The fine print days "Not for current subscribers" but nothing about former subscribers.

edit: RDR2 doesn't show a discount for me...

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 15, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I don't know how the online works for rdr2, do we already have a goon gang?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I'm buying Fallen order full price on release to attempt to show EA that we would like more narrative driven single player experiences without lootbox gambling or games as service bullshit. Plus I support respawn and hope we get another Titanfall.
Not that it matters lol

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's star wars, it's gonna do fine.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Fly Ricky posted:

Thanks for tip!

I'm still pissed about the 3 months for a buck deal not working. The fine print days "Not for current subscribers" but nothing about former subscribers.

edit: RDR2 doesn't show a discount for me...

It's the Ultimate Edition. It's down to $40 from $100

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

ufarn posted:

It's always nuts that Stadia seems to have flopped before it even began, so xCloud should be promising, assuming Microsoft don't find a way to completely gently caress it up.

I'm in the alpha for console streaming and it works really well. There is a slight lag in the sticks, and depending on your internet connection the screen will sometimes refresh, but overall it's excellent.

I pre-ordered the official phone clip for Xbox controllers which should show up on the 18th. It looks pretty solid and is lockable rather than using pressure to hold it up, also you can re position it to better distribute the weight of your phone.

Playing in your home is drat near flawless, but I went to Starbucks to play there for a while and that's where I saw the occasional refresh. You need to update your controller before you can console stream, but I hope some of that lag is Bluetooth related and less of an issue with streaming.

I'm not quite sure how the xcloud part works. At the moment it's just Gears 5, Killer Instinct, Halo 5, and Sea of Thieves. It seems like we will be able to add games we own to the cloud, but with console streaming, it seems kinda pointless?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BrownieVK posted:

I'm buying Fallen order full price on release to attempt to show EA that we would like more narrative driven single player experiences without lootbox gambling or games as service bullshit. Plus I support respawn and hope we get another Titanfall.
Not that it matters lol

Cf. Dead space series trajectory

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Bought the xbox game pass ultimate for $1. Ive never been more confused and frustrated trying to just use something in my life. Then i get to the microsoft store on windows. Holy poo poo what a loving mess.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You should ask for a refund of your $1.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You download the xbox beta app, you find a game, you install it. What's so hard?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Bunch of boomers itt

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hanyolo posted:

Bunch of boomers itt

The Left 4 Dead games are backwards compatible, after all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My computer is a hot piece of trash and I regularly have crippling inexplicable PC errors (recently Doom of all things started making my computer like, desync its frame rendering even after I closed it) and I was still able to painlessly install the PC gamepass app.

Now after that part it gets hit or miss.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Never understood people who willingly get into PC gaming but can't figure basic poo poo out

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rage 2 ended up appearing on PC Gamepass despite them saying it would be console only. I installed it and played for an hour and it doesn't seem that good though :(

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Never understood people who willingly get into PC gaming but can't figure basic poo poo out

Are you actually saying you can’t be a PC gamer without knowing how to build your own PC?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

strategery posted:

Bought the xbox game pass ultimate for $1. Ive never been more confused and frustrated trying to just use something in my life. Then i get to the microsoft store on windows. Holy poo poo what a loving mess.
Download your games from the Game Pass app on mobile if you have the opportunity. Doing it from the Xbox app on desktop is hilariously complex, and then there're the potential conflicts between a Windows account and separate Xbox account.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bardeh posted:

Rage 2 ended up appearing on PC Gamepass despite them saying it would be console only. I installed it and played for an hour and it doesn't seem that good though :(

It being a bit poo poo is the reason it went on Gamepass this early.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ufarn posted:

Download your games from the Game Pass app on mobile if you have the opportunity. Doing it from the Xbox app on desktop is hilariously complex, and then there're the potential conflicts between a Windows account and separate Xbox account.

It's not complicated at all. You open the Xbox app, click a game, click install.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
So I have all these months of Ultimate banked up... how does it work if I redeem like a 3-month gold card to my account? Does it give me 3 months of Ultimate or just 3 months of Gold and then game pass will expire sooner? I assume univbee knows...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It takes the monetary value of that three months of gold and gives you that much ultimate game pass. I think it's one month.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Are you actually saying you can’t be a PC gamer without knowing how to build your own PC?

That's a pretty low bar considering how putting together a PC nowadays is basically Legos with screws. Still, I don't necessarily agree that you everyone playing games on PC should be able to build one, but it's still pretty weird when someone eschews consoles for PC but then lacks basic troubleshooting skills and OS literacy. That's always been the price you pay for the benefits of the PC.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bardeh posted:

I remember the general reviews saying it’s just very mediocre and once again the story is bland

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I remember the general reviews saying it’s just very mediocre and once again the story is bland

Bought it day 1 and while i do have some issues with it, the actual gunplay is excellent.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BrownieVK posted:

Not that it matters lol

I think Titanfall is a dead IP but thankfully both games have active playerbases on the Bone still. TF1 has a small playerbase (a few hundred, I think) but you can still get full lobbies and it still owns.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SUNKOS posted:

I think Titanfall is a dead IP but thankfully both games have active playerbases on the Bone still. TF1 has a small playerbase (a few hundred, I think) but you can still get full lobbies and it still owns.
I think there is a TF3 in development?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think there is a TF3 in development?

I remember there were rumors and then Apex Legends came out and was set in the Titanfall universe and the TF3 rumors stopped, so I guess people who heard about Apex early and spread the rumors thought it was the next Titanfall game. If they do make a new one however I hope it's more like TF1 than TF2. The first game felt like the Burnout of FPS games and TF2 felt more like Gran Turismo in comparison. They added some really cool stuff (e.g. grappling hook) but it lacked the arcade-y pick-up-and-play fun of the first game, in my opinion. So many bad maps, too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

So I have all these months of Ultimate banked up... how does it work if I redeem like a 3-month gold card to my account? Does it give me 3 months of Ultimate or just 3 months of Gold and then game pass will expire sooner? I assume univbee knows...

There's a conversion table here