Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Hop sucks rear end

He really loving does. This might be the most pathetic excuse for a rival since uhhhh the guy in Let's Go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scrap Dragon posted:

I looked it up on Serebii and apparently the only place to find a Sizzlipede is... on route 3 with a 1% encounter chance?? This can’t be right

I doubt they have all the info, on pokemon spawn points. Do they?

If this is the case, it reminds me of Chimecho from gen III. Which could only be found on at the summit of Mount Pyre (Which had like two small patches of grass out of the way.) with a 2% rate.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

I looked it up on Serebii and apparently the only place to find a Sizzlipede is... on route 3 with a 1% encounter chance?? This can’t be right

Considering what Passimian, Maril, Ralts, Mareanie, or even gen 1 pikachu's encounter rates were in their debut, that sounds about right.
Was wondering what cool new mon were gonna be the difficult ones.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What are your best wooloo nicknames? I named mine Tom Braidy for his sick hair.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

I doubt they have all the info, on pokemon spawn points. Do they?

If this is the case, it reminds me of Chimecho from gen III. Which could only be found on at the summit of Mount Pyre (Which had like two small patches of grass out of the way.) with a 2% rate.

The encounter rates are from the datamine, so yeah.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Welp, I was just debating whether to get one ASAP or hold out for the Gigantamax version. Guess I have my answer

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

"Old school" fans boycotting this game because of Dexit is the OK boomer of Pokemon.

Don't think I've ever seen a game boycott ever work lol (I'm by far and away an old school fan and could be accused of being a genwunner too)

Still enjoying the game so far and taking my sweet time to explore it.

I am finding myself looking forward to getting those earbuds though. The sound balance seems so strange where the music is way louder than anything else. Even if I like the soundtrack so far, I'd like to also hear some of the sound effects better too. It's not like, game ruining or anything, but it would be nice to have sooner than later.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

He really loving does. This might be the most pathetic excuse for a rival since uhhhh the guy in Let's Go.

The one thing actually miss from Gen 1/2 is your rival being a dick.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

hmmm should i spend my entire starting money on an arcanine t shirt

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I can’t believe I’m finally getting to experience running around in circles trying to get a 1% spawn chance to appear on the big screen for the first time.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey, so turns out the game is really good and really fun. People itt who are boycotting, you might want to reconsider. I'm not judging, with the information we had things were looking pretty sketch for a while there, but there's enough great stuff in here that I genuinely think out weighs the bad.

Random thoughts so fair:

*The selection of clothes are the best of any gen, thank God they didn't do that bullshit thing sun and moon did where only certain versions got certain colors, that was so dumb.

*getting to see overworld Pokemon walking around is a great time saver, also I like how they sometimes have different personalities (Chewtle will slowly "charge" at you because he's a grumpy little rear end in a top hat, Yamper comes up to you curiously, stuff like that)

*Cutscenes are bothering me less than in sun and moon, are they shorter? Or just better spaced out?

*Leon and Hop are cool dudes. The random British slang Hop uses is dumb as hell and charming at the same time.

*I picked Scorbunny and I don't regret it, but man is Sobble a cutie. Anyone have an extra? I have nothing to offer, unless you have sword and want a lotad.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Anyone know if trades can be done asynchronously or if both people have to be on at the same time?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mef989 posted:

That's Bede.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deviant posted:

Anyone know if trades can be done asynchronously or if both people have to be on at the same time?

The Former. Just post the trade and give it a code. Or no code and do suprise.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there are essentially no organized 'game boycotts' so it is basically meaningless to say they don't work, and it just comes off as trying to convince people they're powerless because you can't stand to hear their complaints. what happens is game companies deplete their brand equity by making bad games and then they 'collapse overnight' in future installments like say a mass effect andromeda

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Mef989 posted:

the rivals from gen 1 & 2 are lame as poo poo and are largely nonentities, most of the perceived dickishness wasn't due to them, it was due to the fact that they were boss fights in unexpected areas

BW Cheren and SM Gladion are far and away better examples of rivals who are also jerks (primarily because they get character development and stop doing that)

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's Bede.

Haven't met him yet. I've been avoiding plot spoilers and I just got through the wild area for the first time. I did a quick Google search and now look forward to beating that smug face.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Super No Vacancy posted:

there are essentially no organized 'game boycotts' so it is basically meaningless to say they don't work, and it just comes off as trying to convince people they're powerless because you can't stand to hear their complaints. what happens is game companies deplete their brand equity by making bad games and then they 'collapse overnight' in future installments like say a mass effect andromeda

Boycotts are cool and good, but I really don't think this game is boycott worthy.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What are your best wooloo nicknames? I named mine Tom Braidy for his sick hair.

Black Philip

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Larryb posted:

Out of curiousity, how does the One Handed mode (called Casual Controls in the options menu) work in this game and is it worth turning on at all?

It occurs to me I didn't check the right joycon behavior so I don't know if the converse applies (stick becomes like left stick). That said:

Turning it on makes the button cluster on the left joycon behave exactly as if it were ABXY buttons, so you can play the game with just that joycon in one hand.

I turned it on and then back off almost immediately because LZ is already like A and i prefer to navigate menus with those joycon buttons over using the stick.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I mean, Silver was condescending as hell and stole at least two of his Pokemon, but yeah, Blue isn't as much of a dick as fans remember him to be, especially not when compared to later rivals.

I think a two- or three- rival setup works pretty well since it means you don't get only the "nice" rival or only the dick rival, so players can latch onto whatever their preferred archetype is. ...Well, ideally that would be the case; XY had a bunch of rivals that shared the same history and similar personalities, differentiated by one gimmick, and all of them suffered from not standing out from each other. But BW1 and SM/USUM handled the balance a lot better.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Agh it's been so long since I've played a brand new Pokemon (I missed out on Sun and Moon), I want to have every Pokemon on my team so I can level them all up at once. I don't know how to keep and who to bench

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Smell ya later is the most damning insult of all time and I'm still butthurt about it in 2019. The gently caress does he think he is?!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like I'm seeing less "boycott" and more "I think I'm gonna skip on this one." There's certainly some boycott vibes with the dexit and gamefreak lied stuff though.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey, so turns out the game is really good and really fun. People itt who are boycotting, you might want to reconsider. I'm not judging, with the information we had things were looking pretty sketch for a while there, but there's enough great stuff in here that I genuinely think out weighs the bad.

Honestly I'm still concerned about the game length / lack of post game that was brought up in leaks. I feel like I've seen a few too many games that impress early on but show flaws later in. One thing running through my head is how much I want to run a pixelate hyper voice Sylveon, but that seems like something I won't get to do till pretty late due to the TR and hidden ability factor, so no real PVE post game kinda makes that less of a thing to be excited for?

But I'm glad people are having fun. I'm definitely tempted to pick it up hearing the positivity, but a lot of close friends are still passing on it so there's not a lot of pressure there.

e: I think I like Silver the most as a rival. I wish we had more antagonist rivals rather then pushover "friends." Hau was alright though.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 15, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

UPS guy if you could come before I have to go to work, that would be super nice

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Post game is a combination of raids (for HA / dyna-gigamax pokemon) and Battle Tower (for nature/ev berries) with some breeding and dex completion thrown in the mix.

So if that doesn’t sound like your bag then yeah probably wait until a sale or for someone to dig deeper at the end and see if it has any meat.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Does anyone know if the leek/stick works with sirfetch'd or does it only work with farfetch'd?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/Wanizuka_Syori/status/1195261944069947392

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Scrap Dragon posted:

Check the raid points. I just caught a gigantamax one and it’s my new best friend

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's the Bewear from the Sun/Moon anime.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Post game is a combination of raids (for HA / dyna-gigamax pokemon) and Battle Tower (for nature/ev berries) with some breeding and dex completion thrown in the mix.

So if that doesn’t sound like your bag then yeah probably wait until a sale or for someone to dig deeper at the end and see if it has any meat.
Do you know if you can catch gigamax pokemon before the postgame? I would like a g-centiskorch for the game, solely because it looks cool as poo poo
well, good to see Team Rocket's SM gimmick is alive and well

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Even in the wild area, FOE!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Breeding question: is it still based on steps or is it time based. Just dropped off a pair of Pokémon and I’m wondering how much I need to do before an egg shows up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I've just had a Wingull escape my Pokeball like 7 times. What the gently caress. Am I playing Pokemon Go?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also who’s bloody bright idea was it to not put a box at the nursery

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/zalwa13/status/1195346062204178433

This is scary af :gonk:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
God I always forget how huge Bewear is

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

It's named bewear for a reason

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

hatty posted:

Check the raid points. I just caught a gigantamax one and it’s my new best friend

Cool, thanks. Do raid Pokémon vary be region or is it completely random?

Also does anyone know how soon you get the bike, hoofing it around the Wild Area is the pits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also who’s bloody bright idea was it to not put a box at the nursery

you can access your box from anywhere unless its a gym as far as i can tell