Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Do you want the 4-piece or 10-piece nuggets?

I want players in this league to act with something that resembles sportsmanship and integrity. Apparently that’s too tall of an order to ask. The punishment that was handed out is also laughable. The rest of the season and maybe the playoffs? Really? With a $250000 USD fine? That’s the best you could do, Goodell(sp?)? Why not offer to slob his knob while you’re at it?

And quit it with these “Mason started it!” takes. I find such things irrelevant to the point at hand, which is Mason had his helmet used against him as a weapon. Excuse me for focusing on what actually matters.

I foresee this conversation going nowhere and potentially devolving into a long, arduous argument. With that being the case, Mods, please give me a 24 hour probation to prevent me from doing something stupid. At the very least it’ll keep me out of trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

HereticMIND posted:

I want players in this league to act with something that resembles sportsmanship and integrity. Apparently that’s too tall of an order to ask. The punishment that was handed out is also laughable. The rest of the season and maybe the playoffs? Really? With a $250000 USD fine? That’s the best you could do, Goodell(sp?)? Why not offer to slob his knob while you’re at it?

And quit it with these “Mason started it!” takes. I find such things irrelevant to the point at hand, which is Mason had his helmet used against him as a weapon. Excuse me for focusing on what actually matters.

I foresee this conversation going nowhere and potentially devolving into a long, arduous argument. With that being the case, Mods, please give me a 24 hour probation to prevent me from doing something stupid. At the very least it’ll keep me out of trouble.

He bounced a helmet off a moron's head. He's not Pol Pot.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Mystic Stylez posted:

The best thing is that a few days ago somebody posted in the AFCN thread that "Myles Garret looks like the type of dude who would be difficult to get into a fight"

I also said that once you got Myles Garret going he wouldn't stop till you were five appendages and a torso. There are probably very few D-linemen in the NFL who wouldn't have ripped Mason's helmet off during his little tantrum. Its not like Rudolph's role in this was some minor thing. You know for a fact most NFL players aren't going to get up calmly with another guy cussing at them while simultaneously trying to rip off their helmet, and kick them in the nuts.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol if you're reading anybody except dumb as bricks people saying "it could've killed him" and not taking it as hyperbole to injury

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Disclaimer: I am not a medical examiner, but I work with them a whole lot so I feel reasonably confident in saying these things. Anyone with actual medical experience feel free to tell me what a stupid dumbass I am if I deserve it

Enough for me. It's good to hear that it wouldn't have killed him (probably) if it had connected. I'm obviously pretty sensitive to this poo poo and it sucks that my favorite sport has turned into a trigger fest for me specifically, but that's life I guess.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The important thing here is the Steelers got whipped by thr browns

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

What I'm trying to get at is an angular, deflecting collision from a distance of about 2ft (or whatever the length of Garrett's arm is) isn't equally as fatal to someone falling from standing height directly on your head, even taking into consideration the acceleration provided by swinging the thing like a medieval flail. I'm very sorry that someone died in your apartment, I mean that genuinely, that's a horrible situation and it sucks that you had to experience that. I work for an investigations company and I deal with these things every single day. I don't have time to do the kinematic Sports Science-esque analysis right now, but I'm saying that the aggregation of forces in either situation are completely and demonstrably different.

Blood on the field? Sure, but that could happen at basically any time in the NFL. An acute subdural hematoma causing death on the field? No, not from the way those actions unfolded. Rudolph absolutely could have sustained a skull fracture or an intraparenchymal contusion with a head-on collision to the helmet, but with the NFL's medical policy on head injuries, the statistical probability of that resulting in a fatal injury is insignificant. He would have to be left alone by medical staff for days on end for his brain to swell or blood to pool in the tissues long enough to be fatal.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical examiner, but I work with them a whole lot so I feel reasonably confident in saying these things. Anyone with actual medical experience feel free to tell me what a stupid dumbass I am if I deserve it

Do they let you live by yourself or do you have an in-home caretaker?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

Schefter with the most optimistic outlook I've ever seen:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1195384142034358272

I mean there's a lot to unpackage here:

NFL suspending a player longer for this than for beating the poo poo out of their girlfriends/wives
The browns brownsing so brownsing hard
NFL takeshop in full swing

But like, in reality, I'm sorry Browns fans. Myles seemed like a cool dude and a pillar of your franchise and now... I mean there are lost seasons and then there's _this_. They tanked real bad to get Myles!!

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

How does this rank in terms of humiliation for Browns fans?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

HereticMIND posted:

he got suspended indefinitely

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Chichevache posted:

Do they let you live by yourself or do you have an in-home caretaker?

I have to check in with the local police department any time I need to leave the room to piss

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I have to check in with the local police department any time I need to leave the room to piss

Lol at TTT acting like he isn't surrounded by a fortress of pissfilled 1L cans of monster energy drink

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If I were a Browns fan I think I'd be happy for my team to finally have an identity other than "team that loses all the time". If you can fill the niche "mediocre but dangerous in the literal sense" that the Marvin Lewis Bengals filled for 10 years, that's better than nothing.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

sweet thursday posted:

Lol at TTT acting like he isn't surrounded by a fortress of pissfilled 1L cans of monster energy drink

pffffft implying I don't have so many funko pops that there's room for pissjugs in here

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1195400979522445312?s=19

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

^^^^^

General Dog posted:

If I were a Browns fan I think I'd be happy for my team to finally have an identity other than "team that loses all the time". If you can fill the niche "mediocre but dangerous in the literal sense" that the Marvin Lewis Bengals filled for 10 years, that's better than nothing.

Freddie kitchens is a worse coach than hue jackson change my mind

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

adaz posted:

^^^^^

Can I rearrange your mind with ie a helmet

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Mason Rudolph handed the Browns a gift win on a silver platter and this is how they thank him?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

myles garrett just wanted to unleash Duck

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

General Dog posted:

When you spend years hating those Bengals it's hard to accept that we're now literally them and still like this team at all. Complete with Freddie actually being as clueless as we all thought Marvin Lewis looked.

WalletBeef posted:

How does this rank in terms of humiliation for Browns fans?

Considering we tanked for Myles I'm sitting at near Hue Jackson levels right now. I knew a meltdown was possible but loving hell.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

adaz posted:

^^^^^

Accurate statement

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"I would give everything to beat the Steelers" Freddie Kitchens says to the monkey's paw.

The monkey's paw begins to clench.. grabs a helmet and smacks Freddie over the skull lmao

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

HereticMIND posted:

I'd rather read the meltdown, tbh

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This shirt exists I guess.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Athanatos posted:

lol

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

KitConstantine posted:

Hi! I had a friend die at my place because he slipped and hit his head! Not even smacked in the head, just falling. Head injuries are nothing to gently caress with and this season has been super hard to watch since having that ground into my head via having a meatwagon take a body from my apartment.

So yeah he could have died. Quit minimizing that.

I feel like the trauma that is sustained on many NFL plays could, in an entirely unlucky play, kill someone.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm not just bootlicking when I say that Arathnatos is the best mod in SA

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Athanatos posted:

I don’t want to and I find it hard to believe that others share your sentiment.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

I'm not just bootlicking when I say that Arathnatos is the best mod in SA

TFF is probably the best forum on the website overall. Better mods, better posters, Papa John

HereticMIND posted:

I, for one, absolutely share that sentiment fwiw

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I want another Parm level meltdown

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Athanatos posted:

A better mod then I.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

HereticMIND posted:

Are you kidding, do you know where you're posting?

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

HereticMIND posted:

Myles Garret just moved defensive line technique up by 10 years. Any forward thinking Peewee football coach will be teaching this to their kids next season. Get off your high horse

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

HereticMIND posted:

You won't have the meltdown. You don't have it in you!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TFF is probably the best forum on the website overall. Better mods, better posters, Papa John

I, for one, absolutely share that sentiment fwiw

I support Athanatos decision.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

HereticMIND posted:

Tell us more about sportsmanship and integrity please.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

No penalty at all for Rudolph? lmao

I guess getting murdered in cold blood in the rematch two weeks from now is punishment enough

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

HereticMIND posted:

Mod challenge: have meltdown

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

KitConstantine posted:

Enough for me. It's good to hear that it wouldn't have killed him (probably) if it had connected. I'm obviously pretty sensitive to this poo poo and it sucks that my favorite sport has turned into a trigger fest for me specifically, but that's life I guess.

You should watch the video. It’s not gruesome or anything. It actually did connect and very cleanly too. The good thing was that he hit him with the open end of the helmet, and I think it was the padding on the bottom of the helmet that connected, of it might have been the flexible part of the helmet near the ear hole. If he had the helmet turned around and hit him with the crown, which is extremely rigid, that might have been worse.

But again I don’t want to throw the kill word around. I think more likely he could have given him a concussion, which bad enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Mason Rudolph should get a punishment as well for escalating things. Myles better get his poo poo together in 2020. Let him sit the rest of the season.

I don’t have confidence in Kitchens to use this moment to get his team together and perform. He seems out of his depth. We need a new coach, leave Kitchens to something else

The NFL needs to do better for real poo poo like abuse from players not just on the field