Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nite_moogle
Jul 10, 2008
I guess I'm not seeing why the reaction here is even more overpowered marine stuff. Promoting a character to the Chief role takes a CP, and other than the Litanies it's all relics or warlord traits which are even more additional CP. It's not like you don't have other strategems to spend CP on as marines. Everything shown here feels like more diversity, not another layer of power like the doctrine bonuses.

It's also worth noting that other than the Litanies, none of this appears to be restricted from BA/DA/SW which is probably why it's here and not in the updated Marine codex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I would be very happy if I can run a Blood Angels all-Dreads army headed by a Chief Librarian Dreadnought and a Chaplain Dread with two litanies. That would own.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Agentdark posted:

Like, this is just flat out insulting to chaos players.

No, this is not.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Where do I line up to be 'insulted' with a book of rules for T'au? So far it's Index, Codex, and one WD article that had The Eight in it and if you want to talk about insults we can start there.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Warhammer 40,000 is focused on Space Marines? I can’t believe they’ve done this.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Can't believe a GW rep personally came to my house to make fun of me for collecting Chaos

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

nite_moogle posted:

I guess I'm not seeing why the reaction here is even more overpowered marine stuff. Promoting a character to the Chief role takes a CP, and other than the Litanies it's all relics or warlord traits which are even more additional CP. It's not like you don't have other strategems to spend CP on as marines. Everything shown here feels like more diversity, not another layer of power like the doctrine bonuses.

It's also worth noting that other than the Litanies, none of this appears to be restricted from BA/DA/SW which is probably why it's here and not in the updated Marine codex.

The stratagems all say Space Marine Strategy, in the past thats meant exclusively armies built with Codex:Space Marine.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TTerrible posted:

Warhammer 40,000 is focused on Space Marines? I can’t believe they’ve done this.

As a long time Chaos player, at least we didn't have to wait for 9th to get a second book. :unsmith:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Get on my level of mediocre rules. :skeltal:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Surely, all factions can unite in hatred of space marines being op and getting all the content.

It’s the holidays, we should cherish each other.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/14/chaos-space-marines-why-you-need-faith-furygw-homepage-post-4/

a slap in the face of chaos players. a piss in the mouth to chaos players. a strapping upside down face-first onto a st. andrews cross and spanked with a riding crop to chaos players. a...

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Surely, all factions can unite in hatred of space marines being op and getting all the content.

It’s the holidays, we should cherish each other.

I miss the days when everyone told me guard were overpowered and cheese while I smile remembering the days of 6 points per model guardsmen that had no orders and I had to guess how far my basilisk shot, and all my ordnance had a 4/6 chance of not actually hitting where I wanted it to.

Now dudes on reddit try to tell me guard are too good because everyone uses them as literal meat shields for their army, and how can space marines compete with that.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Two Beans posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/14/chaos-space-marines-why-you-need-faith-furygw-homepage-post-4/

a slap in the face of chaos players. a piss in the mouth to chaos players. a strapping upside down face-first onto a st. andrews cross and spanked with a riding crop to chaos players. a...

Im actually kind of surprised they didn't give Word Bearers some kind of bonus to their leadership rerolls artifact...

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
I play chaos.

This isn't a slap to the face of Chaos players. Chaos still have soup and some dam good units to work with.

Chaos at the moment is the most represented bad guy faction in 40k, they have 5 different factions, loads of synergy and do not suffer if they mix factions.

This is extra marine update is GW taking the piss though, but it is understandable as its Space marines. Their flag ship range, their biggest seller (even when they had mediocre rules). So I get why they gave them a boost.

Money. Gw is a business. They don't care really.. As long as it makes money.

But to be honest I don't really mind, Chaos as a faction is in a much better place than it has ever been.

I just hope they give Blood Angels a boost also.

It could be worse, you could play Grey knights or Tau or Orks or Space Wolves.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
God forbid we get an update for the Khorne berserker models that are old enough to vote when we can instead get another monopose primaris lieutenant

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

goose willis posted:

God forbid we get an update for the Khorne berserker models that are old enough to vote when we can instead get another monopose primaris lieutenant

A mate half joked that GW have decided to make every new updated model/unit a big Box set.

They just release two new units, throw in some of that factions transports or pre existing troop choice and the charge $€ 100+ for it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

goose willis posted:

And the original kharn model was better.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

goose willis posted:

Look at this guy not gluing berserker heads on his primaris lieutenants.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Who wants some Chaos leaks?

Supposedly the World Eaters strats:

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

LibCrusher posted:

So it seems that people who work at GW only play marines.

Yes that is why marines get lots of new stuff. Nothing to do with sales at all...

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Would a release like this include death guard stuff or it's that too much it's own thing?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

drat Astra Milivember off to a slow start

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Astra Mili-no-updates-vember.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Would a release like this include death guard stuff or it's that too much it's own thing?

They’ll get their own additional stuff in one of the remaining two PA books, probably the last one.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

PantsOptional posted:

They’ll get their own additional stuff in one of the remaining two PA books, probably the last one.

Sorry, what's PA?

E: \/ thanks!

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 15, 2019

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Psychic Awakening, I can't keep it my head either.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

moths posted:

Astra Mili-no-updates-vember.

No FAQ November

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
I too can't wait for other armies to get the Marines treatment

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

xtothez posted:

Who wants some Chaos leaks?

Supposedly the World Eaters strats:

That is tasty. Especially world eaters.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How many models do I need to paint before I can be insulted as a Tyranid player?

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I dig it! What’s the basing you used?

It's a pretty easy technique that I talk about here. It's identical to how I paint bone, only with AP Strong Tone instead of Soft.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 15, 2019

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How many models do I need to paint before I can be insulted as a Tyranid player?

I have 3k and I am not insulted, I just feel the distance growing and think the goonhammer article covered it well.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
One maleceptor is sufficient

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Your hand need only graced the cover of a codex to be considered an insulted player of that army. Its a very inclusive comminity.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Adepta-Sororitas-Sisters-Of-Battle-EN-2019

Sisters box preorders have hit NZ.

Looks like they're getting Crusaders in some form. Another pair of new future units is Mortifiers and Battle Sanctum.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Aw, I'd been hoping for some truly nuts frateris militia models.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I picked up some Astrogranite for basing my Primaris Salamanders I’m finally getting around to. Any thoughts on a good contrasting base color? I’m considering just doing default grey with highlights and some grass, but I thought considering other options is a good idea.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

PierreTheMime posted:

I picked up some Astrogranite for basing my Primaris Salamanders I’m finally getting around to. Any thoughts on a good contrasting base color? I’m considering just doing default grey with highlights and some grass, but I thought considering other options is a good idea.

I like my sand bases, but I may be biased.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
So apparently they're bringing Warhammer FB back in some capacity, at least according to some video I watched on YouTube?

IK edit: sorry mate, no fascists allowed, removed the video

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 16, 2019

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I took a look at a lot of top-4 tourney astartes lists and it seems the only 2 ubiquitous units (apart from Lieutenants and Captains) are Eliminators and Thunderfire Cannons. There are nu-dreads in pretty much every list but there's a lot of variation so I wouldn't call any one variant ubiquitous.

A ton of Iron Hands successors, which is unsurprising, and Master Artisans was a popular trait. A lot of lists had an additional Raven Guard detachment with either Centurions or Aggressors, I assume this is for the Raven Guard's deep strike strategem.

I have a potentially stupid idea of building an all-Smolmarine army because lots of people are dumping them so they're cheap and I'm poor. IMO the only chapter that would work well without any Primaris would be White Scars, because they have the best traits and strategems for bikes and jetpack troops and they have a rad biker HQ. I figure the force would be pretty easy to table round 1 or 2, maybe a Land Raider staying well back could last long enough for jetpack guys to deep strike. They also have that strategem that allows them to disembark a transport after it moved and advanced, potentially suicidal but may be a way to get a squad of veterans into charge distance when bikers or jetpackers attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
why the gently caress are you posting arch warhammer itt