Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
The biggest joy for me at the start of every new Pokémon generation is breeding and trading Pokémon to both fill my Pokédex and make others happy. The loss of the GTS is affecting this far more than I thought it would. Maybe it's just too early yet, but when I went and shouted from the rooftops that I had Galarian Farfetch'd, Centiskorch, and Sobble babies ready for giving away, I didn't get any response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All right, boys. Rabbit factory is open. Looking for a grass monkey (that’s funky monkey) and any other sword exclusives.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mizuti posted:

The biggest joy for me at the start of every new Pokémon generation is breeding and trading Pokémon to both fill my Pokédex and make others happy. The loss of the GTS is affecting this far more than I thought it would. Maybe it's just too early yet, but when I went and shouted from the rooftops that I had Galarian Farfetch'd, Centiskorch, and Sobble babies ready for giving away, I didn't get any response.

I think the servers are either overloaded or not fully functional yet, I can't imagine that the reason nobody is getting replies or finding groups in raids in the starting wild area is because nobody is playing

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Even in the wild area, FOE!

That's a good reference.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Gamefreak, do you know what invert means

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
So, uh, there's no word on a day one patch or anything right? I probably shouldn't get my hopes up on them patching in a toggle for the exp share right? I hate it, it makes no sense its not an optional thing. It's honestly my biggest gripe with the game, the rest has been good.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Knowing Game Freak’s track record, I wouldn’t expect a patch for anything other than the save error.

Dr. Knothead
Mar 28, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All right, boys. Rabbit factory is open. Looking for a grass monkey (that’s funky monkey) and any other sword exclusives.

I have a lvl 1 Grookey for you, trade code 4280.

(The trade thread seems pretty dead, but let me know if I should take this stuff there.)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Knothead posted:

I have a lvl 1 Grookey for you, trade code 4280.

(The trade thread seems pretty dead, but let me know if I should take this stuff there.)

I’m on the goon discord now but I’ll jump over in a minute after i finish some trades.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Veks posted:

So, uh, there's no word on a day one patch or anything right? I probably shouldn't get my hopes up on them patching in a toggle for the exp share right? I hate it, it makes no sense its not an optional thing. It's honestly my biggest gripe with the game, the rest has been good.

Given past history, they will not patch this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Epic High Five posted:

I think the servers are either overloaded or not fully functional yet, I can't imagine that the reason nobody is getting replies or finding groups in raids in the starting wild area is because nobody is playing

I think it's more because it's far less intuitive than before. Some people don't even realize they weren't online because the game let them do the new wonder trade without any message of "you're not online, i'm trying to trade with someone locally."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the raids are so underwhelming, move animations vary between good and piss, music is ok, battles take forever, but this game is McDonald's

im lovin it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Team so far:
Scorbunny: Punk
Wooloo: SO FLUFFY
Rookidee: Edelgard
Turtle dude: Snapper
Yamper: Thorgi
Galatians Zigzagoon: Bucky (On Wisconsin)

No clue how long some will last though beyond the first three.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

can you Jojo pose for your Trainer Cards? Asking for a friend

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Any word yet on how redemptions work on multiple profiles?
Also, thank you for posting about the exFAT bug, I’ve saved at least two friends from a SD card wipe.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

can you Jojo pose for your Trainer Cards? Asking for a friend

one of the poses is very OG kamen rider pose

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Catalina posted:

Also, thank you for posting about the exFAT bug, I’ve saved at least two friends from a SD card wipe.

what the heck

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Do sword/ shield have any integration with Pokemon Go or does it seem like Home is going to be it moving forward?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Consummate Professional posted:

Do sword/ shield have any integration with Pokemon Go or does it seem like Home is going to be it moving forward?

Go will have integration with Home (one way) and Sw/Sh will have two way integration with Home. (Only with stuff in its dex, obviously)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I've literally never bothered with breeding before but I got a female grookey so I figured with the abbreviated Pokédex I might have a shot at completing it so I'll get into it.

Is it supposed to be this fast because holy poo poo I'm getting an egg every 3-4 minutes and I'm drowning in grass monkeys

Edit: it's more like every 30 seconds I just tested it. I'm hatching them in batches of 4-5

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 15, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Some of these eye color options are very anime :discourse:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grass monkey... that funky monkey

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

one of the poses is very OG kamen rider pose

This is good. Can’t wait to get the game after work.

Can someone post a pic of their character doing it.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Can you hide the backpack, and/or get access to smaller ones? I want to wear the hoodies with the prints on the back but can't see it when running around

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Are TMs one use or no

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Macaluso posted:

Are TMs one use or no

TMs are infinite but TRs are not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neo_Crimson posted:

TMs are infinite but TRs are not.

But you have no limit to how many TR's you can get. Unlike the one use TM's of the past.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The mom's hair color is based on the initial trainer profile.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Dehry posted:

The mom's hair color is based on the initial trainer profile.

so you're telling me i can dye my hair stupid colors to dissapoint them?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What are your best wooloo nicknames? I named mine Tom Braidy for his sick hair.

Baarnabus. Baa for sheep and also barn because sheep are sometimes raised on farms and also because he's a wee bairn.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MonsterEnvy posted:

But you have no limit to how many TR's you can get. Unlike the one use TM's of the past.

And every raid gives you a good TR that the Pokemon could use.

Grubbin gave me Leech Life, Wooper gave me Waterfall, Impidimp gave me Moonblast etc.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat breeding and hatching eggs is incredibly easy, folks. I'm going to fill a box with rabbit fodder to trade for more poo poo.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Game good.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

is there a page like serebii's pokedex entries that might tell me the best or commonly accepted moves to put on a given creature? like 'you're an idiot if you don't give wooloo hyper beam/rollout/whatever'?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Zore posted:

And every raid gives you a good TR that the Pokemon could use.

Grubbin gave me Leech Life, Wooper gave me Waterfall, Impidimp gave me Moonblast etc.

Sounds like they might be static rewards? That will be great if at least we will know what raids to farm for which TRs.

Man I can't wait to get home and play. I'm glad the real word on the street is better than the pre-release chat. Glad I'm a slave to Mons and didn't cancel my pre-order.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ugh since I’m disabled and can’t drive anymore I had to mail order SwSh and this is the first time I’ve been unable to pick up a release in person. Amazon said today but the wait is KILLING MEEEEE

(And gently caress digital downloads for Pokemon games IMO, cartridge for life. Literally. My crystal is still around with my transferred red team still “alive” on it)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Knowing Game Freak’s track record, I wouldn’t expect a patch for anything other than the save error.

I’m still not entirely sure what triggers that as I’ve got a 120 GB microSD card in my Switch and have had zero issues with my digital copy of Sword or any of my other games so far (though I did turn off autosave as well).

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Sounds like they might be static rewards? That will be great if at least we will know what raids to farm for which TRs.

Man I can't wait to get home and play. I'm glad the real word on the street is better than the pre-release chat. Glad I'm a slave to Mons and didn't cancel my pre-order.

I think they are. I did two Pidoves and both gave me Tri Attack

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Deviant posted:

is there a page like serebii's pokedex entries that might tell me the best or commonly accepted moves to put on a given creature? like 'you're an idiot if you don't give wooloo hyper beam/rollout/whatever'?

serebii doesn't really do much analysis like that, you're better looking at smogon guides for that kind of stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Every time Leon and his Charizard are on screen together the games framerate becomes a bit choppy. I'm starting to think it's a design choice to force players to look at charizard more.