Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Do we actually know if Mason said anything or is that all just speculation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gatts posted:

Mason Rudolph should get a punishment as well for escalating things

Rudolph not getting anything for kicking a dude in the dick is clear proof Goodell is into CBT.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
More TFF meltdowns are good. We should encourage a nice meltdown every now and then.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gatts posted:

Mason Rudolph should get a punishment as well for escalating things. Myles better get his poo poo together in 2020. Let him sit the rest of the season.

I don’t have confidence in Kitchens to use this moment to get his team together and perform. He seems out of his depth. We need a new coach, leave Kitchens to something else

The NFL needs to do better for real poo poo like abuse from players not just on the field

Just to be clear I’m fine with what Pouncey, Ogunjobey, and Garrett received for punishment but Rudolph getting not even a fine is a joke

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Myles Garrett made the mistake of escalating things beyond "a little chippy"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Figure out all the lurkers now posting in this thread and make them post a sunday football meal spread or something

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Slowpoke! posted:

You should watch the video. It’s not gruesome or anything. It actually did connect and very cleanly too. The good thing was that he hit him with the open end of the helmet, and I think it was the padding on the bottom of the helmet that connected, of it might have been the flexible part of the helmet near the ear hole. If he had the helmet turned around and hit him with the crown, which is extremely rigid, that might have been worse.

But again I don’t want to throw the kill word around. I think more likely he could have given him a concussion, which bad enough.

I'm good on further panic attacks for the day, thanks. I wasn't being precious when I used the term 'triggered'. Real and fictional head trauma quite literally triggers my PTSD. I'm not gonna intentionally watch a video looking for it even if it is mild.

Yes, this does in fact make watching football a goddamn minefield.

hifi posted:

Figure out all the lurkers now posting in this thread and make them post a sunday football meal spread or something

Lol I'm a Packer fan, none of you want me posting more.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

seiferguy posted:

More TFF meltdowns are good. We should encourage a nice meltdown every now and then.

Remember the Open Letters thread? That was the mecca of meltdowns. My first ever probe came from a meltdown in that thread.

KitConstantine posted:

I highly support the idea of you posting more, Packergoon :)

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

KitConstantine posted:

Nonsense, TFF can always use a few more villains.

Go. Packers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Guze posted:

Myles Garrett made the mistake of escalating things beyond "a little chippy"

If only it had escalated into players from both teams all ripping their helmets off in unison and throwing them at each other as they charged each other like the opening fight in Gangs of New York.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I love a good meltdown but I admit sometimes I find it troubling based on what the average age is now on this gay old dead forum.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

There’s no chance he didn’t drop at least 4 N-bombs on my man, Myles Garrett. No chance.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CyberPingu posted:

On my challenge, by the ancient laws of combat, we are met at this chosen ground, to settle for good an' all who holds sway over the Three Rivers; us, Natives, born right-wise to this fine land, or the foreign hordes defiling it.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

I saw people at first saying he dropped a hard r, but I've seen 0 evidence of it and people stopped talking about that. So I assume he didn't say anything notable other than normal angry noises.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That Garrett swing was weak as gently caress. He shouldn't be penalized at all. Didn't even have the helmet turned the right way.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Really wish Myron Cope were still alive so we could've heard his call of the fight.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mike Tomlin, a coach literally tried to stick his leg out and trip another player, cartoon style, as the player was streaking up the sidelines.

gently caress the Steelers, IMO.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Maybe he was just trying to put the helmet back on his head since you cant play without one.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's cool that players are allowed to invoke centuries of the most pure hatred imaginable by spitting slurs without any consequence.

I would suggest that black players should all refuse to play next week, but that's actually what most of the NFL fanbase would enioy, so maybe just bashing a racist bitch's head in is the appropriate response.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Remember the Open Letters thread? That was the mecca of meltdowns. My first ever probe came from a meltdown in that thread.

I unironically loved the poo poo out of the open letters threads. reading them was occasionally more fun than watching football.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Athanatos posted:

Maybe he was just trying to put the helmet back on his head since you cant play without one.

Imagine if he swung leading with the open side and just aggressively slid the helmet on him. A real helpful man, that Myles.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Imagine if he did that to Tom Brady lol.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Did he really drop the N word on Garrett? Maybe the league is looking further into Rudolph before suspen—haha no I can’t keep a straight face.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I typically melt down on SA, but I basically used to melt down weekly in the open letters thread.

Bring it back so I can act like a baby bitch again.

Also I know that the only sensible reply is "again?" even if you've never seen me before.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Slowpoke! posted:

Did he really drop the N word on Garrett? Maybe the league is looking further into Rudolph before suspen—haha no I can’t keep a straight face.

There's no evidence to suggest he did apparently. It's all speculation.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Slowpoke! posted:

If the result of this was a Niko mirotic/Bobby Portis incident it'd be pretty funny

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Free Ogunjobi

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

Once you do, you get a special patch like those nfl man of the year patches

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Athanatos posted:

I'd rather read the meltdown, tbh

mods...good?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think Mason started it, I also think Myles Garrett rules

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

THE STEELERS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL

THE STEELERS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

hifi posted:

I would, but after Manas' steak disaster I try to avoid exposing myself to such easy criticism.

Aftermath: I think this Garrett Suspension is warranted, but I also agree Rudolph should have been fined. Seemed like he was looking for a fight with that huge Steelers OL.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/marcelluswiley/status/1195421382001053696

Lol

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

It's cool that players are allowed to invoke centuries of the most pure hatred imaginable by spitting slurs without any consequence.

I would suggest that black players should all refuse to play next week, but that's actually what most of the NFL fanbase would enioy, so maybe just bashing a racist bitch's head in is the appropriate response.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
why are we litigating poo poo that (so far at least) didn't happen lol if Rudolph said something, does anyone think we WOULDN'T have heard about it by now? there were like two dozen players in that scrum

barnold fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 15, 2019

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
It's crazy that we went from some people saying "maybe he said a hard r" to people referring to those posts like they weren't pure speculation with stuff like "people were saying he said a hard r" to finally people just treating it like it's completely true that he said it.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

why are we litigating poo poo that (so far at least) didn't happen lol if Rudolph said something, does anyone think we WOULDN'T have heard about it by now? there were like two dozen players in that scrum

Because goons want to turn every single thing that occurs into some weird social justice circlejerk so they can call people racist or whatever and collectively high five each other at their wokeness

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

His mouth is saying no but his body is saying the n-word

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Deceptive posted:

It's crazy that we went from some people saying "maybe he said a hard r" to people referring to those posts like they weren't pure speculation with stuff like "people were saying he said a hard r" to finally people just treating it like it's completely true that he said it.

i have it on good authority that mason rudolph said the medium n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I wonder if Pouncey shouted his name like a pokémon before he jumped in the scrum