Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

it's easy to remember the fairy weaknesses because it's just cold iron and fern gully

ice/steel/grass/poison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Zore posted:

I am rotating 12 Pokemon and they're all 5+ levels over the trainers

goddamn Gamefreak

why do you have trainers with level 9 Pokemon immediately after the Wild Area where you can easily catch Pokemon from levels 7-20

i'm really not having this issue, maybe you guys are catching more mons than me, i've got like 3 pokemon ahead of the curve then a load that are at or behind it

anyone know where i can get a ditto and really start pumping out monkeys?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I won't be able to play the videogame until I get off from work, so please, just tell me this: How soon can I put eyeglasses on my dude? Fashion is very important u c.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah I'm trying to catch everything on a route, though I usually skip KOing any extra Pokemon.

My Pokedex being at 52 before the first gym rules though

Pentaro posted:

I won't be able to play the videogame until I get off from work, so please, just tell me this: How soon can I put eyeglasses on my dude? Fashion is very important u c.

You start with two pairs of glasses (red and blue) and can buy more in a store in the first town.

Sunglasses show up in the second town

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pentaro posted:

First town.

edit: holy poo poo they already gave me fly

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Imagined posted:

This is my six year old son (Victor)'s first Pokemon game. He nicknamed his starter Pokemon Victor Jr. :3:

That is absolutely adorable!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

the giant of let’s plays

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you wanna mess around and not level up I believe max raid battles don't give exp.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
shoutout to nickit, the pokemon with such abyssmal stats that it prevents me from being OP even with always on exp share

I WILL use this adorable little fucker, even if she dies to a passing breeze and probably couldn't kill a sleeping, mortally wounded bird

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
With the higher level Pokemon in the wild area the ability Run Away is actually useful now.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The real crime of this gen is having Hau without Lillie. Also for being the Leon show. I don't even really hate Hau but I didn't care for him while I really liked Lillie. Not having a Lillie sucks.

(also just me not liking the visual style. It's decently presented just not a style I like.)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

shoutout to nickit, the pokemon with such abyssmal stats that it prevents me from being OP even with always on exp share

I WILL use this adorable little fucker, even if she dies to a passing breeze and probably couldn't kill a sleeping, mortally wounded bird

Her evolution gets nasty plot and parting shot as she levels. Give her dark pulse and something for coverage and at the very least she'll being great at setting up wins for your partner pokemon.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Aw gently caress yes, female grookey first try. I'm totally gonna wonder trade a bunch of juvenile weed pun starters named poo poo like:

GanjaKong
Nuglet
Weedlord
PerfectDank
KushApe
MrNiceGuy
Samson
WesleyPipes
Gandalf
Etc

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Wait, they made a fox another Liepard? That sucks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My friend noticed that Leon's fanbase is pretty drat big, even before the game came out. Check it out

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm like 4 hours in and haven't made it to the steampunk town yet. Having too much fun farming TRs I can't even use in Raids and throwing balls to Wooloo.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Neo_Crimson posted:

So is the most surefire way to avoid this SD card bug to buy a physical copy? Because I have a ton of eshop coins I wanted to burn on this game.

Edit: Also something about Walmart selling this for $50?

Yes instore Walmart is also selling the physical version for $50.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
When forced into a doubles fight with Hop, I kill his pokemon first, except the one I just did because we won before I got his Drizzle down.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Galaran Meowth doesn't have a big round body, it has a normal Meowth body, that is actually a huge dangly fat chin :stonk:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If you wanna mess around and not level up I believe max raid battles don't give exp.

they do give exp candy though, which is even better than giving straight exp because you can distribute it as you wish

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Careful opening up your copy of the game! Bought Sword and the cartridge fell out on to my bare cock and balls, easily severing them. Picked Scorbunny.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Careful opening up your copy of the game! Bought Sword and the cartridge fell out on to my bare cock and balls, easily severing them. Picked Scorbunny.

you think you've got it bad? wait till you hear what's happening to save files

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sirfetch
https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/1195443606556991488?s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Average Bear posted:

Do NOT lick the cartridge.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Galaran Meowth doesn't have a big round body, it has a normal Meowth body, that is actually a huge dangly fat chin :stonk:

It’s called a beard. Vikings had them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brother Entropy posted:

you think you've got it bad? wait till you hear what's happening to save files

That’s only happening to people with jailbroken switches and it doesn’t delete saves.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aw gently caress yes, female grookey first try. I'm totally gonna wonder trade a bunch of juvenile weed pun starters named poo poo like:

GanjaKong
Nuglet
Weedlord
PerfectDank
KushApe
MrNiceGuy
Samson
WesleyPipes
Gandalf
Etc

Name one "AbbaZabba"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Some of the music in this game is exceptional even for Pokemon. Like there are tracks in this that don't sound like normal Pokemon songs at all. The chill tune that plays anytime you have scenes with Sonia for instance, or the funky music in the mines, or the crash bandicoot sounding thing that plays when some (or all?) trainers want to battle

Nodosaur posted:

It’s called a beard. Vikings had them.

That is not a beard. That is a gross dangly chin like that fat goblin in The Hobbit

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

are there any biking outfit color schemes that don't look awful?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Imagined posted:

This is my six year old son (Victor)'s first Pokemon game. He nicknamed his starter Pokemon Victor Jr. :3:

This post from a while ago is making me feel good.

Nevermind the question I posted here. I'm just going to buy it anyway

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 15, 2019

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Some of the music in this game is exceptional even for Pokemon. Like there are tracks in this that don't sound like normal Pokemon songs at all. The chill tune that plays anytime you have scenes with Sonia for instance, or the funky music in the mines, or the crash bandicoot sounding thing that plays when some (or all?) trainers want to battle

That is not a beard. That is a gross dangly chin like that fat goblin in The Hobbit

Yes. You can tell by how it’s all represented by hair.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

That’s only happening to people with jailbroken switches and it doesn’t delete saves.

It doesn't only happen to jailbroken switches, it's an issue with exfat that's existed for quite a while.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

They kinda peaked with the first gym challenge huh. How are they gonna top this?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Syenite posted:

It doesn't only happen to jailbroken switches, it's an issue with exfat that's existed for quite a while.

Yeah but don’t SD cards usually not come in that format? You’d have to change it to that manually, which is mostly only people with jailbroken switches.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

1. Gossifleur curiously following you is the cutest lil thing :3:

2. Is there a way to get the rare spawn on route three [spoiler]the fire centipede[spoiler] to appear more? Or an easier way to catch him later on?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Holy gently caress the gym battle music

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

RatHat posted:

Yeah but don’t SD cards usually not come in that format? You’d have to change it to that manually, which is mostly only people with jailbroken switches.

I have a pretty standard SanDisk 200 GB card and I believe it's exFat by default, unfortunately.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

Uh, exfat is a relatively common format for sd cards to come as (depending on the manufacturer), it's not some special thing only used by dastardly hackers.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Was going to wait for Christmas, but a question, can you transfer Pokémon from Pokémon let’s go to this one? Or Pokémon go? Like my shiny mewtwo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Macaluso posted:

Holy gently caress the gym battle music

It slaps hard.

The first gym is easily the strongest start in the series. Incredibly hooked now.