Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jesus Biff signed back in 2015...and I have no idea what he has to show for it over almost 5 years. Holy gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/mrbriankendrick/status/1195438390092558339?s=21

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/erickstevens82/status/1195374240159154176?s=20

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Jesus Biff signed back in 2015...and I have no idea what he has to show for it over almost 5 years. Holy gently caress.

He got to live His Dream of traveling the country to hit up different catering spreads in different cities.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/_stardestroyer/status/1195432608831815680?s=21

Yeah, someone’s done.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, I'm being a jerk. I hope everyone gets the gently caress out of WWE.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 15, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Where are all the mental health concerns for Biff?

rovert (that's trevor backwards!) got banned again

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jesus, its been 3 years since they brought back the CW title? What am I doing with my life?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Jesus, its been 3 years since they brought back the CW title? What am I doing with my life?

Not watching 205 live apparently

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brian Kendrick thinking "this time, it'll be different!" is some real charlie brown poo poo.

Like all the other times he was pushed for like 6 weeks then immediately discarded.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Every week I'm surprised anew that 205live is still a thing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

205 Live ruined the lives of every loving person involved. PAC sat at home til he escaped, TJP was out faster than everyone else, Kendrick lost his will to live, Gran Metalik openly wants his release. Swann got released due to his own idiocy. Cedric isn't really doing poo poo. Akira Tozawa is sitting in catering. It was one of the biggest loving failures ever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's gonna be like the end of Shawshank Redemption multiplied by 20 when all those cruiserweight contracts finally expire

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

rovert (that's trevor backwards!)

I'm so loving stupid.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loving lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its gonna be interesting when in 5 years we'll have entire generation of indie wrestlers coming up hearing horror stories about working in WWE. Which is probably why the PC is so gung ho about recruiting outside of the traditional indie to PWG to the fed process.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

DLC Inc posted:

205 Live ruined the lives of every loving person involved. PAC sat at home til he escaped, TJP was out faster than everyone else, Kendrick lost his will to live, Gran Metalik openly wants his release. Swann got released due to his own idiocy. Cedric isn't really doing poo poo. Akira Tozawa is sitting in catering. It was one of the biggest loving failures ever.

the only good thing that came of 205 live was a really awesome match between pac and gallagher like 4 years ago during pac's king of the cruiserweights run

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Kendrick was good when he teamed with Paul London up until the point where Triple H beat them both up on Raw for no reason and it was never followed up on. I also liked his coked up THE Brian Kendrick character.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Kendrick was good when he teamed with Paul London up until the point where Triple H beat them both up on Raw for no reason and it was never followed up on. I also liked his coked up THE Brian Kendrick character.

I remember they tried to get a tag team name over for the Kendrick and London but Vince killed it and then they became fodder and filler.

Then he came back as THE Brian Kendrick, got to be world champ for exactly a minute and went back to being fodder and filler.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

THE Brian Kendrick was loving magic. His resurgence for 205 Live was also awesome to see, just to see this scrappy older version of a similar character come to life but he was, as everyone great is, horribly wasted.

I really wish Vince didn't have so much hate for smaller guys because he would have made an awesome champion as THE Brian Kendrick with Big Zeke as his muscle. (even though Big Zeke ain't got no cuts)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Austin’s entire main event career in WWE only lasted about 6 years lol. I propose we time people’s career in WWE not by years but by “Austins” just to show how nobody goes anywhere in this company anymore.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When Brian Kendrick first started in 205 Live there was a great thing where he was all humble and apologetic about the mistakes of his past but then he either won the title or had a title match upcoming, and he's sitting on commentary and you hear him just quietly say something along the lines of,"Oh this is great, I'm going to be rich again... I can do whatever I want to again..." and the slowly dawning realization in his voice that he could go back to being the little poo poo he used to be was magical.

They did NOTHING with it because, y'know... 205 Live.... but in that moment I saw so much potential fun in that angle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

To me, it was pretty clear when the CWC ended and they didn't get ZSJ or Kota into contracts that 205 live was a lost cause. None of the other guys had a world running presence like those two do.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

To me, it was pretty clear when the CWC ended and they didn't get ZSJ or Kota into contracts that 205 live was a lost cause. None of the other guys had a world running presence like those two do.
they'd have been sucked into the void just the same as mascara dorada was

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ibushi's wwe theme was straight fire tho

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought London and Kendrick got depushed when Vince was doing a backstage angle with a group of WWE wrestlers and London was smiling rather creepily and it threw Vince off.

At least that's the narrative I constructed in my head about why they weren't bigger in WWE.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

I thought London and Kendrick got depushed when Vince was doing a backstage angle with a group of WWE wrestlers and London was smiling rather creepily and it threw Vince off.

At least that's the narrative I constructed in my head about why they weren't bigger in WWE.

I can't remember what exactly it was but it certainly something super petty.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Vince would’ve buried ZSJ faster than a thousand Kendricks

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

People seem to really like Gulak in WWE, so good for him I guess for being the best CWC success story.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

coconono posted:

I can't remember what exactly it was but it certainly something super petty.

I think that was when Vince died. He did a long, absurd walk to his car with all the roster lined up to solemnly watch him leave and London was probably high as gently caress and just stood there grinning like the Chesire Cat.

Whether that "caused" their problems or was just one of many "London and Kendrick do NOT fit into the WWE corporate culture" incidents, I don't remember.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

This sounds familiar. I think it was when Vince was leaving to get into his limo before it exploded and everyone looked sad except London.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

now that I think about, I remember him smiling and not being that put out by it because why wouldn't he be smiling. He's Paul London, the guy's just not right.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

TV Zombie posted:

There is the night Vince "blew up" when he was doing a walk of shame sort of thing and everyone's kinda being serious. And then there's Paul.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a big fat bunny posted:

There is the night Vince "blew up" when he was doing a walk of shame sort of thing and everyone's kinda being serious. And then there's Paul.

a serious and sophisticated presentation

and then they axed the angle because benoit

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/1195404421712240641?s=19

https://twitter.com/SuperKingofBros/status/1195405899273265153?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Paul London and Brian Kendrick were a really fun tag team and more than that their indy run was loving dope. Paul London did some insane poo poo. And Spanky was off the wall charismatic

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 16, 2019

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Seams posted:

Austin’s entire main event career in WWE only lasted about 6 years lol. I propose we time people’s career in WWE not by years but by “Austins” just to show how nobody goes anywhere in this company anymore.

poo poo, it's not even that long when you account for his injuries and the walkout

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I Before E posted:

People seem to really like Gulak in WWE, so good for him I guess for being the best CWC success story.

The best part is he did legitimately reinvent himself on 205 Live and become one of the WWE's most compelling heels, and then in this past shakeup they promptly brought him to Smackdown, reset his character back to comedy jobber, and took him back off television.

Mustafa Ali is the only person to come out of 205 and retain any dignity or momentum.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This actually led me to do a moderately sized dive on the CWC participants and where they are now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
London and Kendrick were somewhat pushed on Smackdown for a year or two. They won the tag titles but that didn’t really have much prestige. They mainly feuded with Deuce and Domino and MNM. They went to Raw and on one of their first appearances they saved Triple H from a beat down but then H pedigreed both of them. No reason was ever given for this and no one ever followed up on it. They weren’t used much afterwards.