Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

thanks palpek for giving me this tag belatedly :tipshat:
HELL YEAH
:same:

edit to add to the page snipe: this game has a criminally insufficient amount of fanart

source

source

source

source

source

source

Foglet fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Quick question folks, but how does "cheat Engine" work, where can I get it from officially and how do I give myself 6's in everything?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

Quick question folks, but how does "cheat Engine" work, where can I get it from officially and how do I give myself 6's in everything?

Just edit your save, cheat engine is overkill for this game unless you want to add a speedhack. Someone must have written a guide at this point if you google around, but the save file is very logically laid out in plaintext, just up your base stats as desired

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

Just edit your save, cheat engine is overkill for this game unless you want to add a speedhack. Someone must have written a guide at this point if you google around, but the save file is very logically laid out in plaintext, just up your base stats as desired

Thank you!

Is there any guide for doing that?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Buying the street light

I've still got a save file that starts the game with 9's across the board. Let me know of a convenient free upload service, and I'll share it for anyone else who can't quite figure out cheat engine / how to edit save files in a way that will make the game recognize them.

(I could actually use a new game save file with 1's in everything except endurance and volition, for further experimentation purposes. Maybe 9's for the base stats by 1's for the skills)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 15, 2019

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Thank you!

Is there any guide for doing that?

some dude on steam forums posted:

You can edit the saves just fine in notepad.

C:\Users\[USER NAME HERE]\AppData\LocalLow\ZAUM Studio\Disco Elysium\SaveGames

Open the zip file, and open the biggest JSON file.

There's some HEAVY spoilers in there if you read too long, but your character sheet is near the top, and by code-standards all but written in plain-text.

You'll have to save the file elsewhere & copy over the new file for some reason. (Or at least I did.)

Currently playing a run with all stats at 6 base, and about 80+ something extra skill points, and nothing's broken yet, but I'm only at day 2 so far.

WOW, is that cheater's money or what? I felt like I was hot dogging on Day 3 with my like 70 bucks.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Khanstant posted:

WOW, is that cheater's money or what? I felt like I was hot dogging on Day 3 with my like 70 bucks.
Quite probably - 996 is a fairly suspicious number.

Still - if you accept the full 130 bill, get money from either Kim or Joyce, then spend a few reals and get paid by the other party, you could start Day 2 with 125 or so real. Another 100 from the Mega-Rich guy. Jamais-Vu, Wompty-Dom... it just might be vaguely possible.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It was a neat touch how the mega-rich guy distorted physics so much you could no longer conceive of how much money you actually had.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Josef bugman posted:

here are the specific changes to make in the save file.

code:
        "intellect": {
            "abilityType": "INT",
            "dirty": false,
            "value": 6,
            "valueWithoutPerceptionsSubSkills": 6,
            "damageValue": 0,
            "maximumValue": 6,
            "calculatedAbility": 0,
            "rankValue": 0,
            "hasAdvancement": false,
            "isSignature": false,
            "modifiers": null
        },
        "psyche": {
            "abilityType": "PSY",
        },
        "fysique": {
            "abilityType": "FYS",
        },
        "motorics": {
            "abilityType": "MOT",
        },
and then lower down

code:
            "INT": [
                {
                    "type": "INITIAL_DICE",
                    "amount": 6,
                    "explanation": "Intellect base",
                    "skillType": "NONE",
                    "modifierCause": null
                }
            ],
            "PSY": [
                {
                    "explanation": "Psyche base",
                }
            ],
            "FYS": [
                {
                    "explanation": "Physique base",
                }
            ],
            "MOT": [
                {
                    "explanation": "Motorics base",
                }
            ]
you have to change it in both places or the sanity checker will erase the changes when you load the game

Its Coke fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 15, 2019

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I don't know why but my computer can find the ZAUM when I look for it, but when I try to go to [USER NAME HERE] none of the bits after that appear. It's really loving bizzare.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Josef bugman posted:

I don't know why but my computer can find the ZAUM when I look for it, but when I try to go to [USER NAME HERE] none of the bits after that appear. It's really loving bizzare.

If you're refering to the AppData folder, it's hidden by default. You'd need to change your file explorer settings (Windows).

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Push the Windows key + R and that brings up the 'Run' menu. Then type %appdata% and press enter. That'll bring you to the folder. Once there I think you have to back out one folder to see the Local and Roaming folders.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

Push the Windows key + R and that brings up the 'Run' menu. Then type %appdata% and press enter. That'll bring you to the folder. Once there I think you have to back out one folder to see the Local and Roaming folders.

Ahhhh thank you!

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Welp finished it, 20 hours; all other games are garbage. So much for video games.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Unormal posted:

Welp finished it, 20 hours; all other games are garbage. So much for video games.

I keep telling everyone, come read books! They're great!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

counterpoint: Pac-Man would never have gotten off the ground as a book

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I keep telling everyone, come read books! They're great!

Wow what am I supposed to do, have my *own* internal life while reading them? Sounds terrible. No thanks.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Unormal posted:

Wow what am I supposed to do, have my *own* internal life while reading them? Sounds terrible. No thanks.

think of it as interactive fiction!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'd suggest some actual interactive fiction, but pretty much none of it is written as good as this.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 16, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Don't really get this "games are ruined" mentality (assuming it's not tongue-in-cheek). You can enjoy different games for different reasons.
Imagine saying the same about books after reading an especially good one. Or music.

(Not refering to you specifically Unormal)

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

itry posted:

Don't really get this "games are ruined" mentality (assuming it's not tongue-in-cheek). You can enjoy different games for different reasons.
Imagine saying the same about books after reading an especially good one. Or music.

Am I the only one that gets Book (or Game) Depression when I just finished a very good one? I can't enjoy anything similar for a while. I just tried a handful of new games and I can't enjoy them at all. It is winter though, so I guess it'll be book time until it passes.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

tripwood posted:

Am I the only one that gets Book (or Game) Depression when I just finished a very good one? I can't enjoy anything similar for a while. I just tried a handful of new games and I can't enjoy them at all. It is winter though, so I guess it'll be book time until it passes.

It's a common phenomenon.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
it SEEMS like there are some people who don't get that, just keep barreling ahead with more after a good one, but I definitely get it

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

tripwood posted:

Mindless arcade games are great for dealing with this I've found. Just avoid anything with a story or a setting you have to get into for a while.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Mindless arcade games are great for dealing with this I've found. Just avoid anything with a story or a setting you have to get into for a while.

:agreed:

I'm taking my time playing some sports games because I don't think I can, right now or in a little while, engage properly with another title where writing or story matters

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

you gotta go back and forth between Podcast Games and NonPodcast Games

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Quite probably - 996 is a fairly suspicious number.

Still - if you accept the full 130 bill, get money from either Kim or Joyce, then spend a few reals and get paid by the other party, you could start Day 2 with 125 or so real. Another 100 from the Mega-Rich guy. Jamais-Vu, Wompty-Dom... it just might be vaguely possible.

Mega-Rich guy? Who/where is that, I don't think I've encountered them. I also don't think I could be nice to him enough to get anything if I did.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Mega-Rich guy? Who/where is that, I don't think I've encountered them. I also don't think I could be nice to him enough to get anything if I did.

You know the box near evrart that you can try to talk open?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

User0015 posted:

The first time I lost, I had just tried jaw jacking a 12 year old foul mouthed little mongrel, missed and slipped into a frozen mound of mud, snow and abject despair. I grabbed my knee and told Kim I was really hurt while Cuno loomed over my disheveled body, calling me a pig f*ggot. My single point of morale shattered by a freckle faced reject getting the best of me, I gave up on the investigation, the police force and even my life because gently caress everything forever. All within the first 5 minutes of the game.

GOTY.

My first time losing was after failing to lift the barbell in the gym and having it kill my morale, the pursuit of gains ruined his life.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

You know the box near evrart that you can try to talk open?

Oh my god, I thought the game was really trying to like teach me a lesson that sometimes a shipping container is just a shipping container. I'll go investigate it again.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
This cop is in a slump:

Any tips to find Ruby? None of the clues seem to help and I've asked around everyone at this point

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Zenithe posted:

This cop is in a slump:

Any tips to find Ruby? None of the clues seem to help and I've asked around everyone at this point

Hint: She's somewhere on the coast, past the fishing village. Doing sidequests in the area helps.

Solution: Pass the shivers check on the FELD building's mural.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
did someone here mention a speedhack a while back? where do you get that?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

dmboogie posted:

Hint: She's somewhere on the coast, past the fishing village. Doing sidequests in the area helps.

Solution: Pass the shivers check on the FELD building's mural.

Cool, ty.

Also, literally lol'd when I passed the check to "teleport"

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 16, 2019

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Annette must have me confused with someone else - my poo poo is always ON

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

itry posted:

The Witcher 3 dealt a terrible blow to my enjoyment of standard RPG fare, at least.

I feel terrible selling Kim's spinners. Is there a reasonable way to avoid it, and if not, can I buy them back later?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Jeza posted:

The Witcher 3 dealt a terrible blow to my enjoyment of standard RPG fare, at least.

I feel terrible selling Kim's spinners. Is there a reasonable way to avoid it, and if not, can I buy them back later?

Beg Joyce for money.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jeza posted:

- Joyce will give you the money you need if you can pass a Volition check.
- Find and equip the Frittte! bag on the waterside near the bookstore. Then you can find discarded bottles everywhere and redeem them at the Frittte! store.
- Lower the shipping container that's on the crane in the harbor, and open it with I think Physical Instrument and/or Rhetoric. Never tried this one yet.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I just sang a sad, moving song on stage. To maximise my drama score, I was wearing a tank-top, bow tie and culturally insensitive silk robe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am having a good time in kingdom under fire 2 despite the jank