Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there not a reward for Teague Temptation? It was easy enough (not SA though) but still I want my free stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

There's a steam sale going on right now. Is the expansion worth $20? Sniper mode got boring quick (somehow), is NY and Haven Island worth investing in?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
NY and Haven are both great, I'd say that's well worth it, personally.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

And Tyler Too! posted:

There's a steam sale going on right now. Is the expansion worth $20? Sniper mode got boring quick (somehow), is NY and Haven Island worth investing in?

If you're cool paying 10$ per map, then hell yeah, both NY and Haven Island are lots of fun. NY is one of the smaller maps, Haven Island is up there with Miami and co in terms of size and complexity, and between the two I've had a lot of fun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there not a reward for Teague Temptation? It was easy enough (not SA though) but still I want my free stuff!

Most escalations don’t have rewards.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Dabir posted:

On the other hand, I did the 5 level escalation that involves pushing a guy over a railing today, and three of the levels involved no meaningful changes to my route. Level 2 adds cameras that I never saw, level 4 fails you if you pacify anyone which I wasn't doing, and level 5 forced no disguise changes which I also wasn't doing. Also, the one target added on level 3 was actually easier than the first one.

Yeah, that was a truly bizarre escalation because it essentially had two levels which you had to play five times. I'd be interested in knowing the "intended" route where the camera, pacification and disguise change complications made any difference.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

god master fortune teller is the loving worst, I really don't want to do that one again.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

If you have Hitman 2 then that GOTY Legacy thing gets you all the Hitman 2016 missions, right?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Grand Prize Winner posted:

If you have Hitman 2 then that GOTY Legacy thing gets you all the Hitman 2016 missions, right?

yes

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Weirdly I can’t get the first mission of Patient Zero to show up in the Bangkok menu.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

BBJoey posted:

Yeah, that was a truly bizarre escalation because it essentially had two levels which you had to play five times. I'd be interested in knowing the "intended" route where the camera, pacification and disguise change complications made any difference.

My best guess, since someone mentioned early escalations were teaching tools, is that the camera is placed to catch people who use default start and force them to explore for a less obvious route up, the no pacifications is to force you to push the guard rather than taking him out and dumping him over the railing, and no disguise changes is to force you to use the tech crew start so you learn that alternate starts are good and useful.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Another Life is finally 100%ed. I never in a million years would have gotten the "stuffed" challenge on my own. One common issue with a bunch of these maps is unintuitive scripted behaviors.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Dabir posted:

My best guess, since someone mentioned early escalations were teaching tools, is that the camera is placed to catch people who use default start and force them to explore for a less obvious route up, the no pacifications is to force you to push the guard rather than taking him out and dumping him over the railing, and no disguise changes is to force you to use the tech crew start so you learn that alternate starts are good and useful.

I would note that the complication “pushed or dumped” over an edge should be changed as as far as I’m aware you can’t dump him because that automatically fails the no pacification clause.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Bahadur Dexterity was pretty good though. Decent step up in difficulty from step to step, and when they moved the battleaxe in step 4 it was pretty easy to guess where they put it.

Aug 24, 2011

Dabir posted:

The Bahadur Dexterity was pretty good though. Decent step up in difficulty from step to step, and when they moved the battleaxe in step 4 it was pretty easy to guess where they put it.

the electrocution phone removes the original challenge of actually killing that one dude while dressed as the headmaster

Aug 24, 2011

small contract dump

Name of Contract: Marco Polo
Contract ID: 1-04-6031014-95
Platform: PC

Name of Contract: Wine More
Platform: PC
Contract ID: 1-04-8390036-95

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

One of the thread regulars just uploaded a Marco Polo run!

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Forte has his own discord with weekly challenge maps. They are a lot of fun if you like competition and a challenge. They post them in the discord, but I'll throw them up here.

Weekly Contest #9 (deadline is actually november 17th)

PC ID: 1-02-9394318-05
PS4 ID: 2-02-7239540-30
XB1 ID: 3-02-2040323-17

There is also a speedrunning competition coming up with some prize money.

Discord link for submissions and information
https://discord.gg/ym9fzv

joats fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 12, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

"i think I was stung with a jellyfish! oww! don't just stand there, aren't you supposed to urinate on my leg or something?"

lifeguard: "I... don't think I'm going to do that."

:allears:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just got around to doing the ICA Facility escalations and what the gently caress have you always been able to go climb the fence to the right of the building instead of just left

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

RBA Starblade posted:

I just got around to doing the ICA Facility escalations and what the gently caress have you always been able to go climb the fence to the right of the building instead of just left

Uh, yes?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:negative:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I had a similar moment when I realized that the big window in the hall outside 47's Bangkok hotel room is a door to the roof like a month ago, until I realized that that barely helps because the hotel is such a nightmare to get around on the other side regardless.

Unrelated but I still genuinely don't know my way around the mansion in Sapienza, like I can't even make my way to that observatory type room without getting lost :shrug:

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Speeding through new content at 1:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef5_HZRnuWE

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I tried to do whatever this contract in Sapienza is called where you hide Rocco and his sister after blowing them up and his sister landed on the crate I was disposing her in :saddowns:

e: Also this Omar contract is super fun with the covert shotgun.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 15, 2019

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wolfsheim posted:

I had a similar moment when I realized that the big window in the hall outside 47's Bangkok hotel room is a door to the roof like a month ago, until I realized that that barely helps because the hotel is such a nightmare to get around on the other side regardless.

Unrelated but I still genuinely don't know my way around the mansion in Sapienza, like I can't even make my way to that observatory type room without getting lost :shrug:

I did Professional to 20 in 2016 and I can get quickly to the various points of interest in my sleep, but I could in my life never draw a layout of the rooms

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wolfsheim posted:

I had a similar moment when I realized that the big window in the hall outside 47's Bangkok hotel room is a door to the roof like a month ago, until I realized that that barely helps because the hotel is such a nightmare to get around on the other side

I just ground out 1 to 20 on Bangkok because I wanted the Krugermeier, and of you do that back to back and try to do all the stories and most of the challenges, I found I began to learn most of the ins and outs of the hotel.

Most.

:negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I couldn't tell you where the stairs in Paris or Sapienza lead lol

Aug 24, 2011

today i found out there's a ladder to the upper floor of the barn in colorado

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Speedrun Competition #3 Contracts:

Frote's Speedrun - Whittleton Creek
PC ID: 1-22-3499009-05
PS4 ID: 2-22-4071953-65
XB1 ID: 3-22-2404435-00

Frote's Speedrun - Isle of Sgail:
PC ID: 1-21-7065025-05
PS4 ID: 2-21-5661981-65
XB1 ID: 3-21-4364251-00

Frote's Speedrun - Haven Island:
PC ID: 1-26-7941575-05
PS4 ID: 2-26-6038455-65
XB1 ID: 3-26-8840862-00

SOME OTHER INFO

Overal top winner receives the grand prize of 100 euro. Other platform winners will receive 25 euros each. Smaller runner up prizes dependending on the amount of singups like the Ghost Mode Tournament.

All speedrun submissions must be submitted in video format.

Competition starts November 15th, 12.00 CET. Deadline is November 24th, 23:59 CET. No submissions will be accepted after this date.

No in-game exploits may be used. This competition is for legit competitors only. Admins will decide if an exploit was used or not.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/H9kfNtE

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

where the red fern gropes posted:

today i found out there's a ladder to the upper floor of the barn in colorado

hrngh

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

My last Isle of Sgail mission took 1hr30min because I spent more time exploring than doing anything. There's tons of ledges and stuff to climb and I was trying to think of clever ways to extract the Constant. Eventually I wanged him over the head with a crowbar and Diane said something along the lines of "Really dude? That's the best you could come up with?" (Not her exact words, but that's the impression I got.)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

And Tyler Too! posted:

My last Isle of Sgail mission took 1hr30min because I spent more time exploring than doing anything. There's tons of ledges and stuff to climb and I was trying to think of clever ways to extract the Constant. Eventually I wanged him over the head with a crowbar and Diane said something along the lines of "Really dude? That's the best you could come up with?" (Not her exact words, but that's the impression I got.)

I like to think Diane settles in with some popcorn to watch the increasingly convoluted ways 47 comes up with to not just shoot a guy and leave then gets super disappointed on the runs you just bring an assault rifle or a duck in your briefcase.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

RBA Starblade posted:

I like to think Diane settles in with some popcorn to watch the increasingly convoluted ways 47 comes up with to not just shoot a guy and leave then gets super disappointed on the runs you just bring an assault rifle or a duck in your briefcase.

I forget, how is she seeing everything happen in real-time? Drones? Special contact lenses?

Or is it never stated; don't think about it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
She's on one of those hovercrafts from the Matrix :v:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Hobo Clown posted:

I forget, how is she seeing everything happen in real-time? Drones? Special contact lenses?

Or is it never stated; don't think about it.
When 47 killed her parents, their souls jumped into Diane and 47, creating a deep spiritual bond between the two that allows Diane to see through the eyes of 47.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
She's in a hot air balloon, and she can see a very long way.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

She’s basically Al from Quantum Leap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Cigar and everything.