Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
EA was pretty dope in the Genesis years. Game runs great on Xbox X, haven't even noticed texture pop but I only finished the first planet. Died like a dozen times to the boss-type monster there even on normal difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Do not buy this game. Youre giving EA money. Do not violate yourselves by giving EA money. EA is the devil. Do not purchase.

Plz make that^ thread name OP.

Jesus christ can we not do this. Just imagine I posted the Sonic "There is no ethical consumption under capitalism" pic here too.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just imagine I posted the Sonic "There is no ethical consumption under capitalism" pic here too.

That's good postin'

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean if there was a good Star Trek game I'd buy that to support a hypothetical space communism future

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Do not buy this game. Youre giving EA money. Do not violate yourselves by giving EA money. EA is the devil. Do not purchase.

Plz make that^ thread name OP.

Please list all the games you bought this year so we can laugh at all the greed you helped support too.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus christ can we not do this. Just imagine I posted the Sonic "There is no ethical consumption under capitalism" pic here too.

Remember what they did to Bioware? Remember what they did to Battlefront? You deserve to play lovely $60 video games.

Andromeda...

fuckin Anthem

Rad Valtar posted:

Please list all the games you bought this year so we can laugh at all the greed you helped support too.

I am not putting the shame you feel inside of you. Youre feeling that all on your own.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 16, 2019

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
I held off on preordering and buying cause of EA but then I realized I can still buy the game and show that there's good to be had in Star Wars games again and tell Disney they should ditch EA despite J:FO's success. Just get an internet campaign going. Sheesh.

My first soulslike cause the only ones I had actual interest in before this were Nioh and Sekiro but my laptop couldn't handle them. Enjoying it so far. Even managed to kill the boss frog, despite some frustrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's my own fault for not reading anything about this game at all, but I definitely thought it was going to be more RPG than Uncharted.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm at the second world now, and I'm liking the combat a lot. It's fun and takes some skill, but is also simple enough that I can grasp it without having to memorize all sorts of combos. And having the dedicated block button but requiring a timed press to actually deflect blaster bolts back into enemies feels awesome af, I don't think that'll ever get old.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
They coulda given the franchise to from and had star wars souls.

We truly live in a post vidya society.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Remember what they did to Bioware? Remember what they did to Battlefront? You deserve to play lovely $60 video games.

Andromeda...

fuckin Anthem

I am not putting the shame you feel inside of you. Youre feeling that all on your own.

bioware hosed themselves buddy

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm at the second world now, and I'm liking the combat a lot. It's fun and takes some skill, but is also simple enough that I can grasp it without having to memorize all sorts of combos. And having the dedicated block button but requiring a timed press to actually deflect blaster bolts back into enemies feels awesome af, I don't think that'll ever get old.

I'm still early, but I really appreciate how the damage you take and do is really high. The first named guy I came across could kill me in one hit, but I only had to hit him like eight or nine times to kill him. I find that way more fun than wailing on a giant bag of HP.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I just finished up the second planet. I've been taking my time and exploring for chests and hidden areas. I even went back to the first world after I got force push to unlock other stuff.

I'm not really used to these sorts of games so the combat has been taking some time to get used to. I'm always like a split second ahead or too late on parrying, but when it does connect, and you parry and attack properly, it's awesome.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

fadam posted:

I'm still early, but I really appreciate how the damage you take and do is really high. The first named guy I came across could kill me in one hit, but I only had to hit him like eight or nine times to kill him. I find that way more fun than wailing on a giant bag of HP.

It's also nice that death isn't THAT much of a setback, from what I've seen. You don't lose much progress, and you have a good chance at just going back and collecting whatever XP you lost without too much effort. It feels like a good balance between wanting to avoid it but not being super frustrated when you screw up.

e: OH MY GOD your droid buddy's head is also your flashlight in dark places, 11/10 best game of all time :3:

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 16, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's a Metroidvania so definitely go back to old planets with new abilities. It's how you get the actual real upgrades like more stims per rest and new saber styles.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Andromeda...

fuckin Anthem

Imagine caring this much about anything lol. You definitely hosed up if you paid $60 for this on PC sight unseen when origin access is a thing but this is just sad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Some Goons have a really bad habit of coming into threads for games they don't like and being antagonistic and lovely so I want to preface what I'm about to say by saying that I think I like this game and I can't see myself not finishing it.

That being said, in this game, the new Dad of War, Uncharted, etc., the sections where there's a giant wall or fence or something and you have to watch your guy just slowly climb around it and there's no real challenge or obstacles other than figuring out exactly where to go or which ledge to hold the stick toward before hitting jump- does anyone actually like them? They're so boring and pointless.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

fadam posted:

That being said, in this game, the new Dad of War, Uncharted, etc., the sections where there's a giant wall or fence or something and you have to watch your guy just slowly climb around it and there's no real challenge or obstacles other than figuring out exactly where to go or which ledge to hold the stick toward before hitting jump- does anyone actually like them? They're so boring and pointless.

Yeah, that was cool and cinematic for about 15 seconds the first time I jumped into a current-gen adventure game, but it gets old fast. At least it's not something I hate, it's more just enforced slowness.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Finished the game - it was fun, I liked the story (pretty short and to the point).

Loved how the end run turned into the loving Force Unleashed showing how Vader is on a whole other level of power than you and the Inquistors

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thom12255 posted:

Finished the game - it was fun, I liked the story (pretty short and to the point).

Loved how the end run turned into the loving Force Unleashed showing how Vader is on a whole other level of power than you and the Inquistors

As someone who barely knows anything about Star Wars:

is there a reason for why Darth Vader is so slow and lovely in the first few movies but he whips rear end everywhere else? Obviously back when they were filming them that was probably the best they could do, but in the lore did they ever cook up a reason for why he got so much weaker?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Andromeda...

fuckin Anthem

EA sucks assholes but the last 2 games apparently are more on Bioware than EA judging from the kotaku article and other stuff. Bronze age bioware is that dipshit college student who get really lucky by throwing together a passing project over night and than decides thats how all his next projects will be.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

fadam posted:

As someone who barely knows anything about Star Wars:

is there a reason for why Darth Vader is so slow and lovely in the first few movies but he whips rear end everywhere else? Obviously back when they were filming them that was probably the best they could do, but in the lore did they ever cook up a reason for why he got so much weaker?

mostly because he is trying to take his kid alive/etc. vader has always been the big Heavy build since his basicaly robocop with superpowers.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

fadam posted:

Some Goons have a really bad habit of coming into threads for games they don't like and being antagonistic and lovely so I want to preface what I'm about to say by saying that I think I like this game and I can't see myself not finishing it.

They put it to good use on the AT-AT though

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Criticism of some of the games elements aside this is a much more entertaining star wars than the recent movies.

I just fought the 9th sister from the trailers and it was pretty good although I was fully prepared for a surprise :darksouls: third phase of that lightsaber flying around.

JBP fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 16, 2019

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

fadam posted:

It’s a “hidden” loading screen

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i like it alot so far. my biggest issue is some of the soul elemements don't mesh well with the metroidvania stuff. i was kinda hoping for more dynamic enviromental changes as the story progressd but the enemy respawn system keeps that from happening. i kinda with the combat/healing stayed souls like but everything else was more arkhamy or whatever. also where are the imperial officers?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m playing on Jedi Master, PS4 Pro, and I’ve just finished the second world, Zeffo.

CONS
- The Boss Fight death load times are inexcusably long

-the parry window in Jedi Master is very hard for me to figure out and I’ve beaten Sekiro

-the rockets in this game are more bullshit than the rockets of any other video game I have ever played (including Prototype)

-Cal looks like Sid from Toy Story, I cannot unsee it

PROS
-VWOOSH VWOOM PCHOO PCHOO

-Exploration and scanning feel good

-combat is starting to open up and I feel like there’s gotta be another big piece about to unlock soon so I am hopeful

-Reflecting Blaster Fire is a very simple mechanic that feels great.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bust Rodd posted:

-the rockets in this game are more bullshit than the rockets of any other video game I have ever played (including Prototype)

Force Push

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm on Dathomir or whatever and this is a classic tale of some cop busts into your house and shoots everyone except he's got a lightsaber but he's still here to pop you and steal your money/drugs.

Also I don't know what this droid is saying but he definitely loves killing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do you ever get a warp to meditation spot or similar ability to help clear up odds and ends? I know a lot of it's just a bunch of cosmetics, but it was annoying to take a slow elevator up and then realize I only had 2/3 chests from down the dead-end area I just left. And then getting that third chest involved enough 1-way routes that after grabbing it I just died instead of walking back and taking the slow elevator again, having made a point of not meditating along the way.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bruceski posted:

Do you ever get a warp to meditation spot or similar ability to help clear up odds and ends? I know a lot of it's just a bunch of cosmetics, but it was annoying to take a slow elevator up and then realize I only had 2/3 chests from down the dead-end area I just left. And then getting that third chest involved enough 1-way routes that after grabbing it I just died instead of walking back and taking the slow elevator again, having made a point of not meditating along the way.

Not that I've seen. I've wanted to go and open some stuff in places I've been but walking there riding elevators and poo poo seems like a chore.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

explosivo posted:

Imagine caring this much about anything lol. You definitely hosed up if you paid $60 for this on PC sight unseen when origin access is a thing but this is just sad.

Imagine caring about the downfall of a fun hobby to a greedy cult of shithead venture capitalists with no souls, just lol.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Just waiting for the force upgrade that lets me ignore these hot takes

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I really like Cameron Monaghan in this. He was great with poor material playing the Joker in Gotham and I feel about the same here. Having just got the force-push, I'm kinda digging what this game is putting down.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

So if I subscribe to the 15 dollar origin access tier I can just download and play this bitch? That seems like a deal for me as long as I remember to unsub.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah, $15 for a month of Star Wars which is a single player game with no planned DLC. It's a great deal.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

You can also go right in and cancel your subscription immediately but stay subbed for the month you paid for btw, I did this so I don't forget.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eej posted:

no planned DLC

Aroo???

I feel like maybe there isn't any announced DLC... but surely they have some planned.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Chomp8645 posted:

Aroo???

I feel like maybe there isn't any announced DLC... but surely they have some planned.

https://twitter.com/BlairBroon/status/1116830762899128320

Producer.

Maybe Expansions count as Macrotransactions but yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PS4 bros, you can fix this game with performance mode in the menu. I don't think it gave the option to start with which is strange but it fixes all the pop in and graphical weirdness by locking to 1080.