Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The Royal Army Update is here.

quote:

Updates to Royal Army

Existing Royal Army battles will be removed, and the following battles will be added:
  • The Dark, Dank Sewers (Ancient Thor)
  • Gates of Hell (Ancient Lavasat)
  • The Giant (Ancient Titan)
Royal Army battles will have their balances adjusted as follows:
  • Boss monsters will be strengthened to scale appropriately to Lv. 100.
  • ATT and M. ATT limits will be applied.
  • Minimum stat adjustments for the characters will be greatly increased.
Existing Royal Army battle stories will be removed.
  • Titles that could be obtained from existing Royal Army battles can now be obtained through the ‘Ancient Title Destiny Box.’
You can now obtain the same rewards as before.
The old raids are back, baby. Once again, us old-timers get to shoot Titan with ballistae and gently caress up when trying to chain-hook Lavasat's horn. I just hope they add even more raids soon because we just lost seven and now only have three. Kind of seems like a step down, you know?

quote:

Partholon Vanguard & Redeemers Stat Change
Stats of the above will change on the October 29th (Tues.) update as follows:
  • Based on the number of maxed level characters, additional stats to Partholon Vanguard will be given.
  • Additional stats will be given from Redeemers progress.
The bonuses for having lots of level-capped characters on the same account is now slightly better, and you don't even need to have purchased extra character slots to see the benefits. You also get even more bonuses if you've done a decent amount of Redeemer raids, though I'm not clear on whether the bonus is account-wide or specific to the progress of the character you're playing on.

United forever in friendship and labor

quote:

Labor Day Event & More!

Labor Day Rapid Growth Event

Event Period: August 27th - September 24th

Happy Labor Day! To celebrate the annual celebration of Labor Day, we too, here in Vindictus, will give you event rewards upon your celebratory works! Celebrate the day by clearing one of the Season 3 raids below and get a [Labor Day Celebration Ticket] for rewards! Get into the spirit now!

[List of Season 3 Raids]
Surprise Attack, Devil's Tower, Red Stigma, Distorted Truth, Iron Fist, The Prince of Failure, The Missing Soul, Denizen of the Deep, Under the Surface, Agony and Despair, Shining Lugh, Radiance, Light and Shadows, Twists in Time, Island Ruins, Corrupted Queen, Garden of Tears, Temple of the Fallen Moon, Grave of Madness, and Brilliant Lugh.
Do Season 3 raids, get tickets. Exchange tickets for goodies, and the rewards actually are good. A wide variety of upgrade mats, a new title, and the usual gang of consumables (graces, merc pots).

quote:

Royal Army's Newest Threat Event

Event Period: August 27th - September 10th

As notified on the previous update post, a new threat of Royal Army battles have arrived to Vindictus today. Therefore, to support your challenges against these new threats, we’re bringing in some perks for your accomplishments.

To celebrate the release of the new Royal Army battles, we will give you 1 additional Royal Army Departure as a perk.

Minimum stats have been increased during the event as follows:
Stat Previous Event
ATT 31000 34000
Magic ATT 31000 34000
DEF 15000 18000
Additional Damage 2500 3000
Drop rates for the Mysterious Glass Bottle (Lv. 80) have increased for the event.

Added chance to drop the Airtight Premium Enhancement Rune item.
Can be traded once before opening. Bound to character after opening.

During the event, 1 bonus ‘Seal of Bravery’ item will be dropped from Royal Army battles.
The Seal of Bravery is not affected by the daily Seal limit.
To celebrate the new Royal Army Raids, the rewards have gone from "good in theory but you're going to get junk" to "you're going to get junk, but moreso."

Do Alts Dream of Electric Sheep? Now that's what I call a Dick joke!

quote:

Alts Dream of Leveling Event

The best opportunity to level up your alternate characters is finally here in Vindictus with a whole benefits package into an event for just a limited period of time! Check out the details below, level up your alternate characters, and receive free level-up accomplishment rewards right now!

How to Participate

You are able to receive the story, [Alts Dream of Leveling], from the Strange Traveler at Colhen Inn.

If you keep progressing through the story with a character of Lv.70 or below, you’ll get a [Kitchen Sink Level-Up Box].

Once you open this box and reach certain levels listed below with the following character, you will receive a [Level-Up Box] that will give you various items and rewards that’ll help your character grow and play to the next level!

Important Note:

Each player can participate in the event with up to 2 characters (in order) within the account. You can only participate in the event with characters at Lv. 70 or below.
If you have characters below level 70, you can get boxes that contain goodies, like exp boosters, AP capsules, blessing stones, and extra departure licenses. The most important reward is a full set of +12 Dullahan armor from the level 95 box. But no weapon. Weird. And no accessories. That one's not weird, but it is lovely.

More like Loser-Created Content, am I right

quote:

Monthly UCC Event

Challenge! on being the 2019 UCC Creator for Vindictus! Within the duration of the monthly-held event, create and submit any User-Created-Content video related to Vindictus on our designated Discord channel and win special rewards from our team! As long as it is Vindictus-related, anyone is able to freely submit and the team will choose the best accordingly and give out special rewards! Join now, have fun, and earn the title!
The rewards are alright, I suppose. Do all y'alls think they'd accept a Let's Play as a valid submission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/Vindictus/status/1176041293748654080

New raid coming tomorrow. Selren doesn't appear to be especially challenging, but that's easy to say when you're watching YouTube videos and not actually playing it yourself. I'm desperately out of practice because I've been playing the Legend of Cao Cao Tactics ever since Nexon fired up the PC version a couple of months ago. For a minute I thought it would be cool if there were a Vindictus-style game about the Three Kingdoms period but then I remembered that's literally just Dynasty Warriors. Oh well.

Oh yeah, while searching for Selren videos, I discovered what could be the next raids after this one: Brigit and Marject. Or Marject and Brigit. I don't know what the order will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMV4v50x92I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCQcNyabrxU

Marject looks alright but Brigit looks like an irritating boss to fight. Should I point out that there's a new playable character? You can see that in the videos. I'm not going to promise to make a new thread when she comes out in NA/EU because when was the last time I actually made that promise and then kept it?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/Vindictus/status/1176555826359615488

That was quick.

Belle introduction. Warning: Loud annoying voice clips!

As a child she wandered into a haunted elven forest, ignoring the "TRESPASSERS WILL BE CURSED" signs, and was punished for it by being cursed. As a result, Belley Pilgrim came unstuck in time. She stopped aging and became impossibly strong for some reason. People were understandably freaked out so she set off into the world as a lone wanderer. She pretends to be an innocent little girl when it's helpful and beats the poo poo out of people when it's not. She fights with an axe because her father was a lumberjack. This axe is friggen' huge, so it does lots of damage. It's also really heavy so she can jam it in the ground and do sick flips off of it and kick people in the face. Vaguely comical, but effective.

There is a registration event, of course. A couple of the rewards are good even if you decide you don't want a Belle: A free character slot and a nice outfit for any character. Rewards go out on October 29th, so I guess that means we'll have Belle for Halloween.

There's also an accompanying event:

quote:

Chase the Mysterious Girl Event

Event Period: September 24th - October 29th
Exchange Shop: September 24th - November 5th

The long-awaited 15th new hero, Belle, has finally been revealed and everyone's hyped up about her coming to Colhen! Have you registered to see her yet? If not, click HERE to register to meet her on her arrival date now and receive exclusive gifts she gives! If or once you've done this, we've got a fun event for you to enjoy until she comes. It's called 'Chase the Mysterious Girl' event where you collect alphabet letters to her name through completing each task she requires and receive alphabets to exchange for an item of your choice at the exclusive Exchange Shop as a reward! Make the most of this event while you wait for the "Mysterious Girl" to arrive this October 29th! Enjoy!

Collect alphabet letters that comprise Belle's name.
B: Purchase for 1,000 Gold from the Strange Traveler (1/Day).
E: Remain logged in for 30 minutes to obtain 2 coupons (Max. of 6/Day).
L: Obtain 1 by clearing a level 30 or higher battle (Max. of 3/Day).

Use the Exchange Shop for each alphabet letter collected.
All rewards excluding 'Seal of Bravery' and 'Experimental Ampoules (Outfit, Clodagh) can be used until 12/31.
Belle-only items can be shared within the account and can only be used with the Belle character after Belle is released.
The exchange rewards are fine, though a bunch of them can only be used by a Belle. Also, different rewards have to be earned in different ways. 'B' tickets can be purchased from the cat shop. 'E' tickets are given away in return for being logged in for a while. 'L' tickets have to be earned by completing battles. Naturally, rewards that take more effort to obtain are more powerful.

And now for something different:

Season 3 Epilogue Part Three

quote:

Epilogue 3 Raid: Eweca's Nightmare

The Raid Boss is "Selren," a succubus with an enchanting power.

The battlefield is an abyss inside a dream she created, where invited heroes will fight an epic battle.

Selren wields her majestic, sharp sword to threaten the heroes.

Let your guard down for a second to admire her beauty, and you'll quickly have to deal with her attacks.

Once a certain period of time has passed in battle, the heroes will start to succumb to her charm.

Having succumbed to her charm, the heroes will slowly walk towards her before her attack threatens their lives.

Heroes who have fallen under her charm must quickly free themselves before Selren attacks.

When the battle has reached its halfway point Selren will turn the battlefield dark to create an opportunity for herself.

Should you lose track of her movements even for a moment, she will grab a hero to steal their strength and kill them.

Having absorbed the powers of the heroes, Selren will attack her enemies with greater force.

Selren will utilize various other tactics to attack the heroes.

Selren will deploy bats to quickly approach the heroes, so you must pay attention to her movements.

At times, she will gather all her strength and blast away the heroes before attacking.

Note:

This is a 4-Mercenary (Max.) battle that only those of Lv. 100 and higher who are brave enough can challenge in.
There is a daily restriction of 1 successful battle.
You are able to obtain materials needed for new rings such as: 'Daybreak Trailblazer' and 'Daybreak Transcendence' if you're lucky.
You are able to obtain materials needed for 'The Book of Succession' and 'Shining Focus.'
Fairly typical succubus stuff, honestly. The bats are new. Fog of War is new.

Selren Update Events

quote:

Dreamy Days Event

Event Period: September 24th - October 15th
Exchange Shop: September 24th - October 22nd

Within the event period, we will support you with an additional Departure Count (+1) for 'Eweca's Nightmare' raid battle every day!

Complete 'Eweca's Nightmare' and Astera area raid battles and obtain a ticket to use at the Exchange Shop for a reward. (25 Times / Week)
Week 1: 9/24 7 A.M. UTC - 10/1 7 A.M. UTC
Week 2: 10/1 7 A.M. UTC - 10/8 7 A.M. UTC
Week 3: 10/8 7 A.M. UTC - 10/15 7 A.M. UTC

Dream Remnant Coupon can be used until 10/22 UTC 7 A.M.
Do some of the hardest raids in the game to get tickets. Turn in a poo poo-ton of tickets to get meager rewards. I mean, if you're already strong as hell then this isn't difficult, but then you don't really need those goodies.

quote:

Devil's Epaulet Event

Obtain [Devil Epaulets] from Brynn via Mail per character (Event Instructions + Mail).
Note: Mail Delivery for Level 90 or Higher.

Obtain 1 [Dark Energy] by clearing a Lv. 90+ Raid Battle (Max. of 12/Day).

Devil's Epaulet can be enhanced through Ferghus (100% Success) -> Use [Dark Energy] as enhancement material.
Refer to table below for Epaulet stats.
Devil's Epaulet can be used until November 12th, 2019.
Epaulet and Devil's Essence binds to character.
We know the Devil Epaulet. It's come before. Free stats are good. Also, the epaulet grants Counterforce this time around. A very good item for newbies, even if it doesn't last for long.

quote:

2x Warm Welcome Ticket Event

During the event period, you will be warmed and welcomed with the 'Warm Welcome Tickets.'

Also, you are able to purchase double the amount of all items from the 'Warm Welcome Shop' during the event.
This has also happened before. It's a good event. More kitty potions mean more Counterforce boosts. More secret boxes mean more chances to get something valuable to sell.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really like vindictus and find it very fun but im not happy that every new female hero has somehow been more annoying than playing evie. guess i'll just play sword and board chick/scythe witch forever

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

booted this up for the first time in forever now that i have a comp that can reliably run it and good lord this is overwhelming in terms of the sheer amount of confusing poo poo going on

made a new character as the princess knight lady with a big sword and have been enjoying some returning player package, but, yeah. there's so much going on i have no idea about.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZeciX-3wfs

Vindictus is having its ninth anniversary

quote:

The 9th Anniversary Daily Mission

Event Period: October 15th - 29th
Exchange Shop: October 15th - November 5th

Happy 9th Anniversary Vindictus! Join the celebration with us now by participating in the following anniversary event! Thank you always for your love and support for Vindictus all these years Mercenaries.

Receive 1 [9th Anniversary Coupon] upon completing the Daily Mission.
If you login on October 20th (Sunday) and on October 27th (Sunday), a [9th Anniversary Coupon Box] will be sent to the mailbox of the character you first logged in with.
Login Time:
10/20 07:00 - 10/21 07:00 UTC
10/27 07:00 - 10/28 07:00 UTC

Important Note:
9th Anniversary Coupon Boxes can be traded within the same account. Obtain 4 coupons when used.
Coupons bind to character. Can be used until 11/05 UTC 07:00 (Coupon, Coupon Box).
Do your daily missions to get coupons. On October 20th and 27, you'll get an account-tradeable box of four coupons that you can move around to help characters who need some extra coupons. Trade in the coupons for an emblem, a title, an assortment of good upgrade materials, or a trenchcoat with a wolf hat. It does look fairly good, but it expires near the end of November so be warned that you're spending a finite amount of your life on something that will expire before Thanksgiving.

Thank You for Loving Pumpkin

quote:

Halloween Mister Pumpkin Event

Event Period: October 15 - November 5th

Happy Halloween! Join in on the fun Halloween events and receive prizes!

Per-character Event
Only Level 30 or Above can participate

Halloween Story can be played if logged in during the event period (level 30 or higher)
Mister Pumpkin appears in level 30 or higher battles (100% chance of appearing)
When Mister Pumpkin is defeated, user receives 1 of 4 random (color) "Pumpkin" appearances (1 a day, expires in 1 day)
Obtain Halloween Seals starting from the second battle (max of 10 times a day)
Obtain Halloween Macaroon if seals cannot be obtained (no limit)
Halloween Macaroon: If used in battle, 800 HP/50 Stamina immediately restored (Can be used until 12/31/2019 07:00 UTC)
Wear the Pumpkin Appearance and scare the Strange Traveler every day for a reward
Halloween Seals can be exchanged for rewards at the Exchange Shop

Daily Reward - Complete story each day to a receive reward

[Halloween Suspicious Bundle]
Haunted Bath Soap x1
Halloween Candy: Ghost x3
Halloween Candy: Pumpkin x3
Halloween Candy: Skull x3
Warm Welcome Shop - 3 types of 1 Day Free Outfits Added

1 can be purchased per character once per day (1 Day Outfit, M/F gender)
Doctor Death Set, Lady Ghost Set, Full Moon Werewolf Set
Do battles, fight Mr. Pumpkin, get a Pumpkin costume. Bring it back to the Strange Traveler to do him a frighten and receive a bundle containing Halloween candy or soap. After the first fight with Mr. Pumpkin that day, you'll receive Halloween seals that can be traded in for stuff. Time limited cosmetics, non-time limited cosmetics, and a couple of titles (30 seals each).

On a semi-related note, this year has something new: You can get a free 1-day Halloween costume from the Traveler's Warm Welcome shop every day. There isn't much variety but it's a nice gesture.

The Pumpkin Screenshot Event. They could have called it the SCREAMshot Event but they didn't.

quote:

The Pumpkin Screenshot Event

Event Period: October 15th - November 5th

Celebrate 2019 Halloween altogether by dressing up to the Halloween Party concept and show it off to the community by taking a screenshot selfie and submitting it for rewards! Join the spook now!
How to Participate

Dress up to the "Halloween Party" concept.
Take a screenshot selfie and submit it here: https://discord.gg/kS7E8A9
The Vindictus Team will select the winners at the end of the event period.
Rewards will be distributed to the selected winners.
The Halloween Screenshot Special Award: 3 selected winners each from NA & EU.
The Halloween Screenshot Participation Award: 20 selected winners each from NA & EU.

Event Reward

[Halloween Screenshot Special Award]

Title: The Halloweeniest
Permanent Inner Armor Coupon
Permanent Hair Coupon
Appearance Alteration Coupon
Reilly's Face Oil
Reilly's Body Oil

[Halloween Screenshot Participation Award]

Title: Halloweenie
Inner Armor Coupon (7 Days)
Hair Coupon (7 Days)
Titles are pretty tempting, but if I'm not guaranteed to get one then I'm not really enthusiastic about the idea of putting in the effort. And shouldn't all participants get a participation award? Isn't that the point?

Waiting for the Belle to toll

quote:

Attend Belle's Celebration Splash Event

Event Period: October 15th - November 26th

The 15th new hero, Belle, is on her way to Colhen and everyone's excited about her, and so are we! But waiting is never fun. So we've decided to hold a celebration party for all who simply just show up and show their enthusiasm for her arrival! Simply join the party in-game and collect gifts we give while you wait! Oh, and if you have yet registered for her exclusive items, sign up for her through the Registration Event now! Time to party!

Simply remain logged in-game for 30 minutes and collect your reward through the attendance UI.

Each day throughout the week, a "Crystal" will be distributed alternately amongst the Desert, Magic, and Succubus.

On the weekdays, 1 Crystal will be distributed. On the weekends, 2 Crystals will be distributed.

The packages may only be opened with a Level 30 character or above.

Enjoy! :)
It's an attendance event. Log in, go make a meal for yourself, eat the meal, return to your device, and then collect your reward. Every day you get a gacha box or two. The box could contain a rare pet or outfit. Odds are that you'll get some junk consumable.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 16, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Just be ready for so many HP pots from daily gacha.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Well I applied to diabetic dogs, dunno if I should join one of the other ones or not, figured i'd come suffer in vindictus for a bit since it's been such a long time since I played last.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etAIpkdhU9Q

Belle is here.

quote:

Belle Update

ABOUT BELLE

Belle, as a child, ventured into a forbidden forest where her punishment was given to be frozen in time. Since she didn't age, people thought she was a witch, forcing her to wander the world alone. Always wielding it with her, her battle axe reminds her of her dad who was a lumberjack. Now, it's part of who she is. Gifted among others, she seeks a greater purpose in life to use her powers to protect those she loves.
Story spoiler: We have to fight and kill Aodhan soon, but now he deserves it because he uses child soldiers. So anyway: Belle's attacks are characterized by having good range for a melee character. Character creation says that she's an easy character to play but they also say Evie is easy and I'm pretty sure that's bullshit.

If you want more help than that, wait a few days and check out the submissions for the guidebook event

quote:

Belle Guidebook Event

Event Period: October 29th - November 12th

The Guidebook Event is back Mercenaries but this time for Belle! Just like Eira's Guidebook Event, we're holding one for Belle as well for all those who will be playing Vindictus for the first time or even for those who just enjoy making their own "Manual Book" of Belle on their own. In your own creative way, create a "guidebook" for Belle, preferably "The Best Ways to Level Up Belle," and submit it on our official Forum website on the corresponding Forum Category/Discussion. After that, this time, additionally, enter a simple submission on our official Discord corresponding event channel as well with your server, IGN, title of your guidebook, and a simple description of what sort of guidebook you're showcasing. Also, depending on the quality, we'll showcase your guidebook on all our channels as well so let's help out the newcomers!
Here's how you level up Belle: Do quests instead of reading a guidebook. The guides are for when you hit endgame and can't figure out why you always place last for damage in raids. But until then you've got this event:

Erinn Support Event

quote:

Erinn Support Event

Event Period: October 29th - November 26th

To welcome and welcome back out new and returning Mercenaries, we've organized a special bonus event that will run for a whole month to help you reach max level faster. Check out the perks and the Equipment Rental event held below to allow us to give you a boost in your gameplay!

Event Details

New/returning user perks are applied for 30 days.
Returning User: A user who has not logged in for more than 30 days.
New User: A user who has logged in for the first time after the 10/29 maintenance.

#Perk 1: New/Returning User Perks

New/returning users can earn Extra Core+1 (Player gets LUK +10).
New/returning users to receive bonus Epaulet (Reward to be sent in a box. Player must be Lv. 50 or higher, account share possible)
As soon as you obtain it from the Mailbox, it expires within 30 days. 30-day expiration upon acquiring the Epaulet from the box.
ATT/M. ATT +300
DEF +200
Max HP +500
Critical +2

# Perk 2: Equipment Rental (For All Users)

Helpful in the early stage of leveling up the character.
Equipment Rental/usage duration is the same as the event duration (2019-10-29 07:00 after the patch - 11/26 07:00).
The following accessories cannot be received: Badge, Epaulet, Artifact, Secondary Equipment (New/returning users can earn the bonus Epaulet as mentioned above).

Equipment can be bound / cannot be rented more than once / up to 2 weapons can be selected (Enchant, Enhance, Reforge and Dismantle not allowed).
Levels in the table may vary by class by 1-2 levels (based on low-level weapons). Varies by 2nd weapon.
This is a good time to come back to Vindictus because you can rent some free gear for a while. That anyone can rent equipment is also nice because it's not just returning players who need the good stuff to catch up on progression.

Raising Belle

quote:

Raising Belle Event

Event Details

Per-character event.

Earn the [Belle Support Bit] (Max 10 can be earned per day) when clearing battles at your level.
Earn 2 [Belle Support Bit] when clearing the daily mission.
[Belle Support Bit]
Bound to character.
Charges gauge by 2 bars.
Earn AP 2 upon selling the coupon.
Gauge fills up when using the [Belle Support Bit]. Reward is sent via mail upon reaching each level.
It's that event again. You've got a pet Belle on your screen and you farm battles to get coupons to stuff into said pet Belle to get rewards. There are a few good rewards but they require a fair bit of dedication to earn.

This thing is the worst. No, wait, I scrolled down a bit and saw what's in the "Shiba Inu Destiny Box" and THAT is the worst.

If you're reading this, you've already lost this competition

quote:

[Event] The Fastest Maxed Belle

Event Period: October 29th - November 11th

With celebration to Belle's arrival to Vindictus, finally, we've organized a simple but powerful community event for all our "desperately eager to play Belle" Vindictus Fans! And as simple as the event is, we're just going to lay out the simple facts of the event for you. Simply max Belle, submit your proof of your maxed Belle on our Discord submissions channel, and win NX Cash and an event-exclusive Title! The faster you max her out, the higher the reward you win. May the race begin!
Level up your Belle and make it snappy. The faster you reach the level cap, the better the reward you get. The problem is that you're trying to compete with whales who've been playing non-stop since maintenance ended and who are pulling every trick to powerlevel. To add insult to injury, there is no reward mentioned for people who reach 100 without placing. To add more insults to the first insult, you have to join the Discord channel to post screenshots of your Belle to get credit. I don't know why they're pushing the Discord so much these days.

Speaking of

quote:

2nd Discord Socialite Event

Haha, cool glasses right? You too can earn them too when the collective count of total Discord members meets each goal. That's right. The Discord Socialite Event is back with much cooler rewards for all our fashionista Mercenaries! Simply invite all your friends to our official Vindictus Discord, and when the total count of Discord members hits each goal, the batch, corresponding to the goal, of reward coupons unleashes for your celebration! Join the community spirit and earn these exclusive rewards only here at this event!

Event Details

Invite your friends to the official Vindictus Discord server! (click!)
Based on the number of people joining on our official Discord server, we will give away coupons that can be claimed on a first-come, first-serve basis through our Discord channel (Once per account / Coupon expires on December 31st, 2019.)
Join an official Vindictus Discord channel and maybe get a coupon for a title and cosmetic novelty glasses. I didn't care about the first event because the reward was a giant panda suit but man, titles are like catnip to me. Do I really want to hang out with pubbies all day for the sake of a single title? What a dilemma!

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 29, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The golden bear came with a free title too.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I finished leveling my Belle a few days ago so I returned to playing some of my other characters. Turns out a balancing patch was released with the Belle update and I didn't know until I asked someone when Staff Evie's first tier spells all got turned into active skills. I want to know if there are other changes out there I can't find any information posted on the website or the official forums. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

Alder posted:

The golden bear came with a free title too.
I checked a while ago and I found that I didn't mention the first Discord socialite event at all. In retrospect it was a wasted opportunity because I could have made a joke about "pooh-poohing" a yellow bear outfit :smuggo:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 8, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I finished leveling my Belle a few days ago so I returned to playing some of my other characters. Turns out a balancing patch was released with the Belle update and I didn't know until I asked someone when Staff Evie's first tier spells all got turned into active skills. I want to know if there are other changes out there I can't find any information posted on the website or the official forums. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

Check the official discord under future updates.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Check the official discord under future updates.
Holy moly the discord is not a pleasant place to be. I ended up muting the entire server so it doesn't bother me with notifications of terrible conversations. But that's okay because it worked. We're so far behind Korea that it took me several minutes to find the latest update for us but I did find it, and here's what's in the update that included the Staff Evie casting change. I don't know how much of this has made it to the NA/EU servers aside from that, though, so believe the changelog at your peril.

- Staff Evie got massively buffed, as I mentioned earlier
- Chain Vella is better because the cooldown on Heart of Ice is shorter, Frostbite costs less SP, and Blade Dance is more versatile
- Spellblade Arisha is better because Ruin Blade has a cap on SP consumption (now 750 SP max)
- Teide Hurk is better because his shotgun now holds eight shells instead of six and he reloads more quickly to compensate
- Glaive Lynn's attacks and dodges have more range
- Eira's Gravity Rounds is better and her active skills do more damage, but many of her other attacks do less damage
- Xgun Kai's attacks tend to do more damage
- Some of Hoagie's attacks consume less stamina

I don't play some of these characters so I can't check to see if they've changed. For the characters I do play, many of the changes are subtle so I can't easily check. The only non-Evie change I can confirm off of the top of my head is that Vella's Blade Dance has been altered.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvFGp3B5Bok

A new batch of events has come.

Gallagher's Dice is back

quote:

Gallagher's Dice Spin Event

Event Period: November 12th - November 26th

Gallagher wants you to spin that dice! And because of that, he'll give you a free dice after you log in every day! Receive that dice, spin it, and get the [Gallagher's Special Junk Box] now!

[Event Details]

Per-character Event

Acquire the dice.
Move based on the dice roll.
Rewards will be earned from whichever square you land on.
Rank S or Rank A items can be obtained from certain squares.
Each time you pass through the starting point, you'll earn a Damascus Steel!

Where to Acquire the Dice?

Complete 'Season 3 Raid' to earn a dice.
You can acquire 3 Max. / Day. (A total of 42 dices before the event ends.)
A bonus dice can be earned when logging in on the weekends.
Max. 2 / Day. (Total of 8 can be obtained throughout the event.)
There's a game board and you roll dice to move along the path and get rewards. Get dice by finishing Season 3 raids and by logging in on the weekends. Basic rewards include godly crafting mats and AP capsules. There are also Gallagher's junk boxes, which don't contain his junk, thank goodness. Instead, the A-rank boxes contains crappy runes, seals, and Damascus Steel. The S-rank boxes contain more Damascus Steel, but also the good runes. They even have premium armor fusion runes. I appreciate that one because it seemed like Nexon stopped giving those away a long time ago and I've only got one left.

A guild event that can be done solo

quote:

Guild Team-Up Event

Event Period: November 12th - December 10th
Exchange Shop Period: November 12th - December 17th

Calling on all guild leaders and members! We've finally organized an event just for you! Call out your guild leaders and members, complete the missions, and earn the 'Primal Red Weapon Destiny Box' now! Don't have a guild? Join one today!

[Event Details]

Per-character Event.
There is no level limit so join a guild today and earn a chance to acquire the 'Primal Red Flame Weapon!'

Team-up with your guild members and go out on a battle to receive a buff! (The buff will vary based on the party size.)
Party of 2: STR +50, INT +50, DEF +100, Crit +1, LUK +10
Party of 3: STR +60, INT +60, DEF +150, Crit +1, LUK +10
Party of 4: STR +70, INT +70, DEF +200, Crit +1, LUK +10

Guild Mission Completion Event
Clear all guild missions to obtain a 'Guild Mission Completion Coupon!'
Take the coupon and use it at the Exchange Shop.
Coupon Expiration: Until December 17th 7 A.M. UTC.
If you sell the coupon, you'll earn 2 AP.
Complete guild missions, get coupons and turn them in for things. The most interesting reward is a box that grants a flaming red weapon for appearance fusion purposes. You can also buy a legendary chunk destiny box which seems maybe a bit underwhelming. I mean, that can still help a lot of people but we're up to legendary ores now.

The big problem with this event is that guild missions are poo poo. Some of them are fine, like doing a 12-man raid once. Then there's ten raids in one day, which is rough. Then there's killing thirty bosses in one day, which is unpleasant even if you specifically farm battles that have many bosses in them, like Five Spider Brothers or Interdimensional Invasion. I wish they'd make that mission less stringent.

Making a 10 Luck+Jinxed build for this SPECIAL dungeon event

quote:

Special Dungeon Event

Event Period: November 12th - 26th

[Event Details]

Special Dungeon Additional Departure +1
Memory of the Past
Colru the Golem
God of Death

[Damascus Steel] drop rates are increased in the Special Dungeons.

Earn a [Special Dungeon Event Box] upon clearing the Special Dungeon. (Max. 3 / Day)
Earn the [Seal of Bravery] and a [Challenge Token] when opening the [Special Dungeon Event Box].
The [Challenger's Box] can be earned when crafting with 3 [Challenge Tokens.]
The [Challenge Token], [Special Dungeon Event Box], and [Challenger's Box] all expire on December 31st, 7 A.M. UTC.
The box can still be earned by using the 3 tokens even after the event ends.
The [Special Dungeon Event Box], [Challenge Token], and [Challenger's Box] are all N/A (Not Applicable) for the Marketplace, Mailbox Trade, Account Mail, Guild Storage, or the Shared Storage.
They've added two more special bosses: Colru and Cromm Cruaich. The old raids are back, baby. I tried doing Glas once on my main when these came out. I did everything right, was a team player, and even saved two teammates who got grabbed. This was a mistake because I ended up doing 6.69% damage, which meant that I was under the 7% threshold for getting more than a single drop. I didn't even get a coupon. I haven't done a special dungeon since then.

So anyway: The rewards are good. I guess. If you manage to get any of them.

There's also a reward for beating special Colru or Cromm and posting the screenshot to the vindi discord. That would require you to go to the vindi discord, which I don't encourage you to do.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hi I'm back to punch and wrestle things with my large punchmans. Maybe I want a guild to punchman things with others. Can anyone suggest one?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Special raids were less fun than I anticipated like OP I just miss the last 1% so all my effort goes to waste. Honestly, the 7% limit is the reason I don't run Astera raids since nothing like getting 1 core after 15 min.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Im just having fun punching things. None of the characters feel like they pack as much punch, pun intended, as Karok. Just the ability to take minor enemies and crush them into balls is worth everything. Frog demon? Crunch. Gnoll? Piledrive. Vampire? I don't think you're supposed fold in half that way.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgS50Y06bnY

An update happened but there aren't any news posts on the official page yet. All y'alls will have to make do with Steam pages.

Sometimes I don't speak right

quote:

Let Me Hear Your Voice Event

Event Period: November 26th - December 10th
Exchange Shop Period: November 26th - December 17th

The Strange Traveler is calling on all Mercenaries of Vindictus right now and is in need of help! Complete the tasks he gives and receive all the rewards he wishes to offer!

[Event Details]

- Level 50 character and above.
- Briefly be introduced to the Friendship content through the [Event: A Hero and Companion] story from the [Strange Traveler].

- Once the [Event: A Hero and Companion] story is complete, the daily repeatable story [Event: A Friendship Blooms] will be given.
- The [Event: A Friendship Blooms] will be resetted at 7:00 A.M. UTC every day during the event period so try to obtain more than 2 Friendship Seals by carrying out the daily missions through the [Event: A Friendship Blooms].

- The [Strange Traveler] will give a Friendship Gift Destiny Box and a Friendship Coupon for your hard work.
- Can obtain a maximum of [x14 Friendship Gift Destiny Boxes and x14 Friendship Coupons] during the event period.
A new system has arrived: The friendship system. You can make friends with other mercenaries (not players, but the actual characters) by going to the new lounge above the mercenary outpost in Colhen. You get a quest and a gift box and you can open the box and give the contents to the mercenary. After that, you get a different quest that lets you go on missions with that merc. Run enough missions and you can get some rewards. The only good rewards from a gameplay standpoint are the +11 armor enhancement rune, the friendship cookies, and the pies. Everything else is cosmetic.

Also, I would like to point out that this new feature has voice-acting and I hate it. Except Karok. He's so nice.

Also also:

Also once more: The quest mentions talking to a "Captain Crimson" to access certain lounge functions. This is the guy:

:kimchi:

The Thanksgiving Event is here

quote:

[Events] Thanksgiving Celebration Login Event
Join the celebration now and receive up to two outfit sets!
Event Period: November 26th - December 10th
Exchange Shop Period: November 26th - December 17th

Celebrating this year's Thanksgiving, we would like to give you up to 2 cool Outfit Sets, an exclusive Happy Thanksgiving Emblem, Damascus Steels, and more! Simply log in, collect enough coupons we give through the mailbox, and exchange for gifts you'd like to receive! Thank you always for your love and support for Vindictus.

Event Details

Any-level once per account.
1 Coupon is provided by mail every 10 minutes after logging in each day. (Max. 5 per Day.)
- Coupons are shareable within the account.

70 Coupons are obtainable over the 14 days of the event.
- All rewards can be obtained if you log in every day during the event. (1 Reward per Day)
- Able to get up to 2 outfits per account.

Quality Booster Coupon can be used around 2 weeks after event ends.
Earn 2 AP upon selling coupon.
Stay logged in to get five tickets each day for a total of seventy tickets. The "best" rewards are two free outfits per account and they're new. Demi-Demon looks alright, even if it looks like someone tried to rip off Vincent Valentine. The Silver Checkered Set looks real dumb, though. You can also get emblems, but they're ten tickets each so if you have more than seven characters, you're going to have to make tough decisions. You can also get Damascus Steel (decent), merc pots (meh), or 100 AP capsules (alright for newer characters).

The new and easy way to take your pets from smol to swole

quote:

[Update] Pet Daycare
Drop a pet off at the Pet Daycare!

A daycare has been established for your loyal companions. Find the Pet Daycare teacher near the Guild Farm inside the Guild House. When you drop a pet off at daycare, it will gain EXP while your character is logged in.
If you belong to a guild with a guild house, it now has a free Pet Daycare. Cram one lovely low-level pet into it to gain easy experience as long as you're logged in. There's a very serious catch, though: If your pet gains levels while in kitty jail, they keep those levels when you remove them. If they didn't gain any levels, the experience they earned is lost. So yeah, don't just stick them in there for ten minutes between raids, trying to min/max your doggs. There's also a petting mechanic but it only works if you're in a guild with other active players in it so don't ask me about it.

UPDATE: There are treats you can buy from the guild shop to give boarded pets some exp instantly. They use Peppers of Bonding, which means Peppers finally have a good use. The catch is that you can only buy two treats per day.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 27, 2019

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

God bless you Archwizard for keeping this thread alive. Playing KUF2 and BDO and all sorts of other “action” mmos, I really can’t find another game that feels as satisfying as Vindictus.

How exactly does the gun-waifu play? Is it just smash combos or is there any counter/dodge attacks like Vella or Fiona? I was thinking of playing leveling new character when I take some leave for the holidays.

Also is Fiona mainly utilizing the tab perfect block into leg smash combo or is it mostly PB shield counters? I haven’t played since Delia was released.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

God bless you Archwizard for keeping this thread alive. Playing KUF2 and BDO and all sorts of other “action” mmos, I really can’t find another game that feels as satisfying as Vindictus.

How exactly does the gun-waifu play? Is it just smash combos or is there any counter/dodge attacks like Vella or Fiona? I was thinking of playing leveling new character when I take some leave for the holidays.

Also is Fiona mainly utilizing the tab perfect block into leg smash combo or is it mostly PB shield counters? I haven’t played since Delia was released.
When I play Eira, I mostly chain Tab dodge with smashes, stopping occasionally to use active skills (some of which cost SP and some of which are "cast" like Staff Evie's spells). Tab dodge opens up a wormhole that can take you pretty far in a couple of seconds. It's incredibly strong because there's no cooldown and you can immediately chain it into smashes by either hitting the Smash button while in the portal (which dumps you out) or hitting Smash right after the portal spits you out on its own. Depending on which smash you use, you can actually gain more MP by attacking than you spend by Tab dodging. If you get the hang of alternating between Tab dodging and smashing, you can attack more or less continually and you'd only need to stop to use your active skills or recover your stamina.

Since you asked, I'll note that Eira has no counter moves and a really crappy block. The block costs MP to use but is even less forgiving than Whip Arisha's block. Just uses her dodges, they're good.

As for Fiona: From what I've heard, the best combo is to double-counter (which sets you up for a 3-smash), then L-attack once more so you can use double Amaranth Kick. Tab block is what you use if you're fighting a boss who's hard to counter safely, or if the boss tries to attack you while you're following up the double counter with kicks.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Just play Karok and punch things.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Oh man I was cycling through my old characters, what’s up with the lack of main stats on returning gear? I was using the Armageddon set but the one they provided has more flat ATK. Also this tech and power rating are new?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Oh man I was cycling through my old characters, what’s up with the lack of main stats on returning gear? I was using the Armageddon set but the one they provided has more flat ATK. Also this tech and power rating are new?
Ever since the level cap was raised to 90, the standard has been to offer armor that boosts all stats and can be worn by anyone. It's possible because of the way level 90+ equipment is crafted: You need component pieces and an essence to make equipment and each component boost a particular stat or group of stats. To keep things easy, the component pieces that increase ATT also increase M.ATT and components that increase STR also increase INT. As a consequence, level 90+ equipment is suitable for any character regardless of what kind of damage their attacks do, be it physical or magical.

Tech and Power are "new" but they're reflections of stats that have always been in the game. Tech is Balance plus Critical Rating. Power is ATT/M.ATT plus DEF. They're only important when you're using the Quick Battle system because raids impose minimum limits based on those ratings. In theory, you don't need to use QB and can get by if you make boats on the battle board, just like people have since the game started. You won't easily get help if you do because for the most part, people who check for non-QB battles do so because their Tech and Power are also bad.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Leveling is so fast now, I can’t believe I’m about to reach Season 2 in a few hours from starting a new character.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Cool so, I hit 90 and finished season 2. Streamlining is pretty cool now for new characters. However, for my old characters stuck at 74-75 and have completed Season 2... what do I do for them now? Especially since Season 3 start says to be lvl 90 before attempting.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Cool so, I hit 90 and finished season 2. Streamlining is pretty cool now for new characters. However, for my old characters stuck at 74-75 and have completed Season 2... what do I do for them now? Especially since Season 3 start says to be lvl 90 before attempting.

Just keep running story since it's the fastest way to lvl 100. Most of the old content is nerfed hard until you start Regina and following raids.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance tonight. I don't think any real updates are happening so I'll have to tease you nerds with forbidden knowledge from the future_updates channel in the official discord.

1. Level 105 is on its merry way, and new level 105 "Eweca" equipment is coming along with it
2. Another character is also in the works; the devs say their combat style is going to be completely different from what's come before and people are speculating that it's going to be a summoner character
3. The Warm Welcome Shop boxes that cost money are going to be replaced by something else
4. Eventually it will no longer be possible to enhance shields, to bring them more in line with other off-hand items like foci and totems
5. That fucker Milo is going to betray us
6. Partholon Vanguard is going to get tweaked so that level cap increases don't screw you out of the stat bonuses you're supposed to receive for getting characters to the level cap
7. gently caress you Milo
8. We should have let Cromm Cruaich keep your dead rear end

Speaking of deadass: Feedback from the community on the new voice acting is... not positive. Most people hate the voice actors, hate the voice acting, or hate hearing voice clips play at inappropriate times. Nexon actually seems to be taking the complaints seriously, so we may see changes.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Are those warm welcome boxes worth buying? I just buy the one daily ticket one.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Are those warm welcome boxes worth buying? I just buy the one daily ticket one.
My inclination is to say yes. Leaving aside the gambling aspect, the boxes contain things that are useful or valuable. You'll always get AP capsules from them. You can get a variety of consumables from them (though I don't like many of them, such as ATT boost potions and stimulants). You can get element stone materials from them. If you can afford to gamble, then this isn't a half-bad way to gamble. It's not a lot of money if you're at endgame and some of the equipment you can get if you're lucky is shockingly valuable. People will buy kitty accessories for tens of millions of gold, which more than pays for the boxes you had to buy to get them and will help you buy other nice things besides.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

More info from #future_updates:

S3 battles will get revamped. The first six raids are getting de-raided, so Regina, Braha, Nu-Glas, Lugh, Eochaid, and Abomination will be soloable for normal people. Somehow. Despite some of them having teamwork mechanics. Furthermore, the drop tables for all S3 raids/former raids before Astera will be altered to be more like the Astera raids; that is, they'll all drop shards or chunks in addition to essences. Normal S3 battles will no longer drop shards or chunks, but they will have "balance adjustments" that will hopefully make them easier to solo because good luck getting help with the story once these battles only drop jack poo poo.

There are also adjustments to upgrading equipment. If you're truly at end-game, the big change is that breaking composite equipment through failed enhancement no longer returns any of the components. Since Reforging is considered to be an essential part of the upgrading process, it's a big deal because it'll make the process more expensive. If you're a struggling player and haven't quite reached that point, we'll get two big bones thrown to us: To start, the first three Astera raids (Claire, Bad Dragon Elchulus, and Macha) will no longer require any Counterforce. After that, getting that first chunk of Counterforce for raiding purposes will be much easier because you'll need substantially less gold and AP and fewer materials to enhance the first tier of S3 accessories (Eochaid earring, Abom belt, Dullahan and Aes Sidhe rings). Related to that, Aes Sidhe's ring essence will be added to the Seal Shop and the other level 95 materials will cost a bit less as well. Sadly, no mention of putting level 100 mats in the Seal Shop.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Since leveling is so easy I decided to give Arisha a go. Oh boy, have I never played a more boring character in this game. Maybe I’m missing something but the smash combo is just hold left mouse button with mana blade on?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bccxgkgdvEo

Maintenance happened and a bunch of Christmas events came along with it. Why don't we get ever Hanukkah events? I mean, aside from the fact that in Vindictus, the kingdom of humans is semi-secretly dominated by a Roman Catholic Church analogue that ruthlessly cracks down on heresy and dissent wherever it can. But that's hardly an excuse!

It's Christmas time and that means we have to decorate a tree

quote:

Christmas Tree Event

Event Period: December 10th - 31st
Exchange Shop Period: December 10th - January 7th, 2020

'Tis the season to be jolly la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la~! Winter has yet again arrived in Vindictus and Christmas is coming up soon! Help the town build its Christmas Tree and receive the Christmas Gifts it gives!

Event Details

Per-character Event
Lv. 30 or higher may participate.

Go to the Strange Traveler and receive the "Christmas Tree" quest!

Go out into the battlefields and collect tree decorations from the event monster, 'Fake Kobold Santa.'

Receive the [Christmas Cake] and [Christmas Ornaments] for decorations! (Max. 5 / Day)
The [Christmas Cake] item is usable until January 31st, 2020 7 A.M. UTC.

Decorate the Christmas Tree with the ornaments you collected and receive an Exchange Shop Coupon.

Complete the Tree together and it will give gifts for everyone!
Christmas Buff & a [Christmas Gift Box].
Title: Christmas Tree Maker
5 Christmas Candies (Expires January 31st, 2020 7 A.M. UTC)

Log on during Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day to receive two more free additional coupons given to your mailbox for each day.
Fight a microboss and get ornaments, then turn them in for rewards. Potions, titles, the usual. I don't know where this fake kobold Santa shows up because the page doesn't say. I guess it's non-raid battles above level 30?

Rock-Paper-Scissors is back and it's actually good this time

quote:

Rock! Paper! Scissors! Event

Event Period: December 10th - 23rd
Exchange Shop Period: December 10th - 31st

Gallagher wants you again! And is calling on you for a showdown of Rock, Paper, Scissors! Why? Because he feels like it! Challenge Gallagher in the classic game of Rock, Paper, and Scissors and win the rewards the game gives!

Event Details

Per-character Event
Character Lv. 30 or higher may participate.

Go and talk to the Strange Traveler to receive and progress into the story.

Through the story, play Rock, Paper, Scissors with Gallagher at the Mercenary Unit and obtain 3 Victory Marks.

Go back to the Strange Traveler to complete the story and receive an Exchange Shop Coupon!
Once per each day. A total of 14 coupons can be obtainable throughout the event period.

Exchange the coupon at the Exchange Shop for a reward you like!

Daily Bonus Mission!
Win 3 rounds in a row without losing against Gallagher and win the Title: Rock, Paper, Scissors Champ!
Total of 14 chances (1 chance per each day.)
Title item can be traded at the Marketplace once.
Play Rock-Paper-Scissor with Gallagher every day until you've won three times. Do this and the Strange Traveler will give you a coupon. Three coupons gets you a title. Winning three times in one day without losing gets you another title. The coupons can also be exchanged for the usual consumables, dye ampoules (both kinds), and a Rupacitus hat that goes in the head outfit slot. I appreciate that unlike last time we had an RPS event, we don't have to go out and earn tickets just to play. It's just a matter of going to Gallagher and winning three times and you're done. It's a nice and easy event and I like it a fair bit.

Er, you know what? Forget about Hanukkah events. Can you imagine spinning a dreidl with Gallagher? His opinions about women are bad enough... :barf:

A key está aquí

quote:

Christmas Raid Rewards Event

An event for all our Level 90 and above Mercenaries! The bravest and most loyal. To support your battles of Season 3 Raids, we offer you all the rewards below as a celebration of this year's Christmas season! Collect Fragments after battling on the raids below and exchange them for a reward of your choice!

Event Details

Per-character Event
Only for Character Lv. 90 or higher

Go to the Strange Traveler to receive the story and complete the story and tutorial.

Complete Season 3 Raids and obtain 1 of each of the [Raid Rewards Key Fragment].
Obtainable up to 40 max. / week.
Talk to the Strange Traveler to receive eight key fragments. Mash them together to make a key, then talk to him again to get a box-in-a-box. Get more key fragments to make more keys by running Season 3 raids. This is not an easy event, especially for people who have a lot of alts. You don't have much time to get all of the rewards (and some of the rewards are very good) so you'll need to bust your rear end just to get them all on one character, much less several of them. No, señor, I don't like it.

Golden Time comes again

quote:

Winter Golden Time Event

Event Period: December 10th - January 28th, 2020

2019 is closing in and the new year of 2020 is upon us. To celebrate the end and new year this winter, we're bringing in a special Winter Hot-Golden Time Event for our Mercenaries. Check out the schedules below and receive special perks just by logging in during the hot and golden times.
Play on weekends and holidays (that is, Christmas and New Year's) to get double exp, double AP, additional loot and raid departures. When you want to be AFK for a bit, you can level your expertise crafting skills more quickly than usual. Then, on Christmas, we get unlimited free graces (shouldn't that be more of an Easter thing?). Also, since you're playing on weekends anyway, you'll get rewards for staying logged in on those days. There's good stuff in there, like boxes that give level 95/100 components, enhancement stones and enhancement coupons, free enhancement, enchantment, and fusion runes, free permanent hair and inner armor coupons, and a free puppy box. The extremely good poo poo for no effort? Sounds like my kind of event.

Hair's to you, friends

quote:

Christmas Special Hair Color Event

Christmas celebration hair colors have opened! For a limited period of time, get the Christmasy hair colors and switch into the season vibe!
For December, a variety of extremely anime hair colors. I don't normally mention sales but they work just fine with 7-day hair coupons and with the permanent hair coupon we're going to get this month.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 11, 2019

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_BGKyAKigs

Bingo is back.

quote:

Winter Bingo Event

Event Period: December 17th - 31st
Bingo Board Open Period: December 17th - January 7th, 2020

The fun game of Bingo is back in Vindictus with updated rewards! Let's play a game of Bingo together and win free rewards it gives! Are you able to complete all the lines this time? Challenge your limits now!

Event Details

Per-character Event
Bingo game can only be played once.

Obtain a [Winter Bingo Ticket] by clearing the 'Battle of the Day.'
Able to obtain 5 max. per day.
Ticket expires on January 7th, 2020 7 A.M. UTC.
The ticket is not tradable.

Collect [Winter Bingo Ticket]s and exchange them with 'Bingo Number Pouches' from the Exchange Shop.
1 number, from within the configured range, will randomly appear from the 'Random Number Pouch.'
A desired number can be selected from the 'Bingo Number Pouch.'

Complete Bingo with numbers obtained and get rewards!
Do up to five daily battles to get five bingo tickets. Exchange the tickets for number pouches that contain numbers within a stated range. You can also trade three tickets for a pouch that lets you choose any number you want. Finally, if you clear the board early, you can turn in tickets for 100 AP capsules. And yes, you'll end up doing that if you're active because you only get one board. You can't redeem a blacked-out board and start over to get more rewards. They're explicit about that. And, as always, the usual admonition is in effect: Do NOT redeem your board until you've either filled it or can't earn any more numbers before the end.

As for the rewards: They're not bad. Nothing special like an outfit, but we're getting lots of practical goodies that are valuable. A perpetual enchant coupon that removes the time limit from scrolls. Unstable runes. An intermediate infusion stone. A Goibhniu stone. The blackout reward is a box that gives you your choice of a ring essence (Dullahan or Aes Sidhe). Hooray, those characters who only have the three S3 accessories that can be purchased from the Seal Shop can finally fill the gap.

UPDATE: There is a way to cheese bingo numbers if the dailies line up properly. You have to do Daily battles to get number tickets, but it's per boss. If you can, try to prioritize battles that have multiple bosses. For example, one of today's battles is An Interdimensional Invasion. That has seven bosses and will give you five tickets at once. Very convenient, even if it's not reliable.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 18, 2019

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The next content update is coming in a couple of days with an early maintenance.

https://twitter.com/Vindictus/status/1207893824795631616

We need to finally make a new thread when we get to Season 4. I don't think Shine pays enough attention to change the title and the OP could use a massive rewrite anyway. You know what that means: Suggest thread titles and I will say they're all bad. Then I'll use a title I came up with even though my titles are also bad.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 20, 2019

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awY1MRlMKMc

The early maintenance happened. Rock Paper Scissors is gone. I said I liked it but I eventually stopped liking it because it still took too drat long. But that's okay because new time wasters are here.

Marject has arrived and Season 3 has finally ended

quote:

Season 3: Epilogue 4 - The Old Lie

While your colleagues are busy trying to convince the knights and the Rocheste parish, the hero works with Dianann to search for special potions for the Berbhe residents.

In the process, they come across an aberrant monster. After defeating the monster, the hero discovers clues of the Old Lie.
We've known for a while that Dianann, a.k.a. the material synthesis and skill awakening lady, was a Fomor in disguise. Now we're finally going to learn how she keeps up her human form. But all of those words will just be an excuse to send you to...

quote:

New Raid: Dungeon Laboratory

An unknown threat lurks deep within the depths of the underground laboratory.

A mysterious monster awakens in the dungeon laboratory discovered in the Rocheste Outskirts.
The monster's name is Marject.
It's a new kind of monster that has never been seen before.

It's an aberrant monster with a bizarre appearance. It moves very quickly and shoots flames in all directions.
Find out the truth behind Marject with your fellow heroes.

Marject is characterized by its abnormally overdeveloped upper body and unusually long neck.

The battle against Marject takes place in a laboratory that is suspected to have been the site of terrible experiments.
You can find out who created this laboratory and why after battling Marject.

Despite its bulky frame, Marject is extremely quick and agile.
It sprints in every direction while using its long arms to attack the heroes.
Marject is reckless and frequently uses attacks that sweep across your surroundings, so don't let your guard down trying to catch it off guard from behind.

Marject also has the ability to spew flames.
The flame attacks that come from its long neck are deadly, especially when engaged in combat in a confined space.
You must be constantly vigilant against Marject's flame attacks.

Once the battle progresses to a certain point, Marject will start scaling the walls to destroy the chandelier in the battlefield.
The laboratory chandelier contains toxic potions and chemicals that were likely used in past experiments, adding further complications to the battlefield.
Prolonged exposure to these chemicals may cost you your life, so watch out.

Season 3 marks the end of a long expedition with this 4th epilogue episode and signals the new incoming 3rd Redeemers.
Stay tuned for the 3rd Redeemers and Season 4, coming to you this winter.
More like Marjerkt, am I right? Sounds like one of those battles where characters with good defensive skills have an even greater advantage than usual.

There's a separate event for the Marject raid

quote:

Marject Release Celebration Event

Event Period: December 23rd - January 7th, 2020

The 4th Epilogue of Season 3 has finally arrived in Vindictus and to celebrate the addition of a new raid, we'd like to support your feat of challenging the great Marject! Check out the details below and unveil the "Old Lie" now that had been hidden deep beneath the labs all this time!

Event Details

Per-character Event
The raid is playable up to 4 players that are Lv. 100 or higher.
Daily restriction of 1 battle victory.

Additional Departure +1
A new enchantment "Wish Enchant Scroll" can be obtained.
Drop rates slightly increased during the event period.
It's the usual: One extra win per day and slightly increased rare drop rates. I don't know if that increase applies to anything but enchants but I got a solid legendary ore on my first run.

Belle buffs and "more" (they mean nerfs)

quote:

Belle Character Improvement & More!

Belle

Cooldown for Rushing River Level 3 Attack is reduced.
Deforestation and Landslide.

If used right when the enemy attacks, you can deal slightly more damage than before, and now recover some of the Nature's Might stacks.
The time during which you can use Beaten Path after Shortcut is reduced.
By pressing the Smash button after using Shortcut, you can connect combo into Flare-Up.

Flare-Up can no longer restore stamina and is less powerful as a combo from Shortcut.
Changed so that Rushing River Level 3 Attack cannot trigger Steal or Grasp attacks if you are transformed into a Dark Knight or Paladin.
Decreased the SP consumption of Whipping Wind and Volcanic Blast.
Fixed the issue of not gaining the Successful Dodge status effect when you dodge an enemy attack using Shortcut and Beaten Path in PvP.

Belle is slightly better overall, which is a surprise because she already seemed good enough to be destined for continual nerfings a la Miri. But she got some good stuff. Nature's Might can be recovered more easily if you're good at timing the Tab smash. Lower SP costs for her active skills is real good. It sucks that Flare-Up has been weakened and doesn't restore stamina because those features made it a really good move. It's probably still fine as a trash-killer because of its range but I doubt it'll be good for much else now.

quote:

Additional Audio for Character Emotes

In Options of your Settings > Audio tab, you can now select your character's voice as "English" or "Korean."
Default is set to English.
Note: You can't change the voice setting during battle, and you can't just change only a specific part of the character's voice. (When switched, applies to all of that character.)
VO change option doesn't apply only to playable characters, but to other NPCs such as bosses.
The players demanded it and we got it: An option to switch back to Korean voice acting. Unfortunately, it's some monkey's paw poo poo and the change applies to all voice acting. If you turn on Korean voices and go into the mercenary lounge to do your daily chitchatting, everybody will spout incomprehensible moonspeak at you. Unless you know Korean, of course, in which case it's perfectly comprehensible.

Speaking of the mercenary lounge, this update broke a lot of the conversations there. Some topics trigger the wrong lines, some lines have been replaced with dummy text, and oh man, do NOT ask Vella about herself unless you want to hear the beginning of Jingle Bell Rock sung in Korean.

Super Friends? Someone call Seanbaby

quote:

Super Best Friends Event

Event Period: December 23rd - January 21st, 2020
Exchange Shop Period: December 23rd - January 28th, 2020

All your favorite heroes of Vindictus have their special, unique voices imprinted on each character's Curious Leaf Flute! Complete the Daily Missions, collect these event coupons, and exchange them for these exclusive Flutes, Avatar Sets, Damascus Steels, and more! Don't miss this chance!

Event Details

Per-character Event

Obtain coupons upon clearing all Daily Missions.
Super Best Friends Coupon will expire on January 28th, 2020 7 A.M. UTC.
A total of 29 Coupons can be acquired during the event period.

Obtained coupons can be exchanged for items at the Exchange Shop.
Complete all daily missions to get a Super Best Friends Coupon. Turn in the coupons for an emote flute (three coupons), Damascus Steel (seven coupons), a winter-themed outfit (twelve coupons), or merc pots (one coupon). The flute is an oddity: It's an emote item and using it makes your character dance around and talk. It sounds dreadful. Oh yes, and the flute is time-limited.

More wardrobe features for the whales

quote:

Wardrobe Expansion Update

Check out our new Simulation Area and Ampoule Crafting Area today! Your personal "Wardrobe" space has been updated. You can preview dyeing outfits and equipment in advance, and even try on outfits you don't own yet! Quick Ampoule Crafting makes crafting ampoules quicker and easier than before, and it lets you make ampoules in special colors! There's more! There are 4 new emotes for you to enjoy, and you can use the special Clone Outfit Crafting Box to share outfits with other characters within the same account!

Two new areas have been added to the Wardrobe during this update.

The first is the Simulation Area.
The Simulation Area allows you to try on outfits you don't own yet.
Select the All Outfits tab on the right side of the Simulation Area to show the All Outfits list.
Trying to find the outfit you want may seem daunting at first, but the search function makes finding the right outfit a breeze!
The outfits you already own are marked separately, so they can be tried on as well.

A simulation function to preview dyes has been added as well.
Previously, an ampoule was required to dye outfits at the Dye Shop, and only certain parts could be previewed.
This made it difficult to coordinate the dyeing of parts 1, 2, and 3. It also made it challenging to select a color combination for each outfit part.
The Simulation Area makes it possible for you to try colors from dye ampoules you don't have yet, then temporarily save the dye to preview color combinations for each outfit part.
It also lets you easily purchase dye ampoules for previewed colors from the Marketplace.
In addition to outfits, you also have the ability to preview equipment dyes.
New features that make crafting that perfect Goku cosplay easier than ever! And you can share the outfit with all of your characters! Too bad they're stupidly expensive to use and the ability to create outfit clone boxes is even more limited than wardrobe skills normally are. That limits its usefulness a lot.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 24, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I appreciate NX giving us Dress Room 2 where we can try out the outfits they refuse to sell directly or cost thousands of dollars.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Jiic05C0M

The Lums are Invading again

quote:

Abundant Luminary Dungeon Event

Event Period: December 31st - January 28th, 2020

Event Details

When logging in as a character at Lv. 70+ during the event period, send 1 ' Gathering Dungeon Entry Ticket' to the Mailbox per character. (If a character below Lv. 70 reaches Lv. 70, send via Mail)

Also, when logging in as a character at Lv. 70+ during the event period, can start the 'Event: Shayla's Gathering Dungeon' story through [Shayla].

Regardless of the story progression, the 6 'Gathering Dungeons' as below will rotate and open every day at 07:00 UTC (NA system reset time).
Monday: Gathering Dungeon [Mon]
Tuesday: Gathering Dungeon [Tue]
Wednesday: Gathering Dungeon [Wed]
Thursday: Gathering Dungeon [Thu]
Friday: Gathering Dungeon [Fri]
Saturday: Gathering Dungeon [Sat]
Sunday: Gathering Dungeon [Sun]
※ Drop Blue Gathering Essence on M/W/F / Red Gathering Essence on T/Th/Sat / both on Sunday

You can depart for 'each Gathering Dungeon' by using the entry ticket you received in the mail (Since the ticket is consumed upon entering the dungeon, it is impossible to exploit through forfeiting/retrying)

At the end of the dungeon, 'Vengeful Langro' appears, the same as in the Luminary Dungeon (Obtaining the title is recommended)
Log in every day and get a free ticket to the Luminary Dungeon. If you have Gathering, you can get stuff from the luminary trees and then fight Vengeful Langro. Sometimes the trees give essences that can be traded to Shayla for rare cosmetic items. It's a good event for leveling Gathering and for collecting ingredients for Element Stone crafting and Material Synthesis. You can also go to Shayla each day to buy a second ticket that costs 300,000 gold. This is a rip-off so I don't recommend it.

New Year, New Epaulets

quote:

Happy New Year Raid Event

Event Period: December 31st - January 28th, 2020

Happy New Year of 2020 Vindictus Fans! Thank you for a great year and we look forward to another with you in 2020. To celebrate the new year, we've organized a new year's raid event! Check out the details below and let's bring those Lv. 90+ characters out!
Event Details

Per-character Event (Lv. 90 or Higher)

A [Happy New Year Epaulet Package] will be delivered to your Mailbox only once the first time you log in with a Lv. 90+ character during the event period.
Obtain 1 [New Year's Energy] by clearing a Lv. 90+ raid battle (Max. 12/Day).
Enhance Epaulets with New Year's Energy (Success Rate: 100%, uses [New Year's Energy] as enhancement material.

The [Epaulet Package] and [New Year's Energy] will expire on January 28th, 2020 7 A.M. UTC.
Epaulets may be used for up to 2 weeks after the event ends. (February 11th, 7 A.M. UTC).

1 [Support Potion Destiny Box] will be delivered to the Mailbox daily when you log in with a Lv. 90+ character during the event period.

Destiny Box will expire on February 11th, 2020 7 A.M. UTC.
Potions obtained can be used for up to 2 weeks after the event ends. (February 11th, 7 A.M. UTC).
Use the [Support Potion Destiny Box] to select 1 of 5 potions. In the case of buff potions, the duration lasts for 2 hours.
Log in to each of your characters to get a time-limited epaulet. Run Season 3 raids to get "New Year's Energy" (max 12/day) and then use the energy to enhance the epaulet. The epaulet's bonuses max out at +5 Balance (alright), +200 ATT/M.ATT (what), +1000 HP (eh), and +20 Counterforce (good). Epaulets last until February 11th, which isn't shabby.

There's also a potion destiny box that you get every day. When you open it, you can choose to get a potion that boosts ATT/M.ATT by 500, boosts DEF by 500 and Crit Resist by 2, boosts Balance by 1 and Crit Rate by 2, boosts Counterforce by 20, or grants 1 stamina recovery per second. Each of these buffs lasts for two hours and both the boxes and the potions can be hoarded until February 11th. I don't know if different potion buffs can be stacked, though.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

New character trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnNHMycs0wY

The trailer tells us little about her playstyle. It doesn't even tell me her name; according to the official Discord, her name in Korea is Lethor. Maybe she's a martial artist. Maybe she's a punch wizard. Who can tell? I think it's a shame she probably won't be the summoner that people were asking for. God, I would switch mains if they released a Punch Necromancer.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 2, 2020

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I still want another male mage NX but 2020 isn't over yet friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I just want more wrestling moves for Karok.