Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kalli posted:

Bunch of the Pats went to anime Boston this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR8ZwTsjUYA

I presume Belichick only watches Legend of the Galactic Heroes

I mean who can blame him? LotGH rules :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Cavauro posted:

that's not even a zipper at the bottom. It's one of them tiny metal white power signs

If you say this enough times on the internet bottom zippers will become this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Butts posted:

Take a number, buddy

Imagine being furious about the cleveland loving browns because they roughed up THE STEELERS.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

incredible.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Put it in the loving Louvre

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
He knew very quickly he hosed with the wrong one.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Finally the NFL gets something right

https://sports.theonion.com/nfl-rescinds-myles-garrett-suspension-after-review-foot-1839896771

quote:

NEW YORK—Apologizing for laying down the ruling in haste without examining all the evidence, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell rescinded Myles Garrett’s suspension for attacking Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph with a helmet Friday after review footage clearly showed Rudolph’s punchable loving face. “This was my mistake, from the first shots I saw, it appeared that Garrett was unprovoked, but the clip from earlier in the play clearly shows Mason Rudolph’s big doofus face just begging for a fist,” said Goodell, explaining that Garrett merely acted the way anyone who was suddenly confronted with Rudolph’s infuriating, dumbass visage would act.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1195521441849995264

:ironicat:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Obviously he was criticizing Garrett’s form when it comes to trying to kill other players.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hitting someone with a helmet when you're not wearing it is not football. lol if you disagree and don't know anything about football.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Unironically doing a helmet to helmet head hunt like Burfict does is far more dangerous to the brain than actual blunt force trauma from a five pound object. Especially if that object is rounded and is a glancing blow. Some of the hits Burfict laid out in his career will haunt players for the rest of their lives. Look at some of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvWoYVncPqE

No wonder Antonio Brown is a psychopath his brain is mush.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There's a guy nicknamed Duck sitting out there, by himself, by all accounts a really solid guy, and because of this episode he probably won't get a chance

Why isn't anyone talking about him? And also the guy who was bleeding out his right ear?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

This is where we differ in opinion. The only thing Brady burns in his front yard is calories. And his house has a moat, by the way

You don't burn the cross in your own yard, dipshit.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Lowercase t

Time to leave

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

sweet thursday posted:

The important thing here is the Steelers got whipped by thr browns

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

THe Cleveland Browns are the best team in Sports

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Where's the sports science clip of a strong dude swinging a helmet into a dummyhead to measure its impact.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Maybe I shouldn’t be shocked because people are idiots but I can’t actually believe there are people defending Garrett. He literally started it. At least 10 games and if Goddell says get the gently caress out then I don’t have a problem. Also what the gently caress is Ogunjobi doing? Kick his rear end out for 4 games too. At least Garrett was remorseful, Ogunjobi just straight up doubled down. Browns are Clowns.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rad Valtar posted:

Maybe I shouldn’t be shocked because people are idiots but I can’t actually believe there are people defending Garrett. He literally started it. At least 10 games and if Goddell says get the gently caress out then I don’t have a problem. Also what the gently caress is Ogunjobi doing? Kick his rear end out for 4 games too. At least Garrett was remorseful, Ogunjobi just straight up doubled down. Browns are Clowns.

He didn’t start it. Rudolph did. Garrett had him wrapped up when he threw the ball and fell down pulling Rudolph on top of him. From there Rudolph grabbed his facemask, may have called him a slur, and kicked Garrett in the dick. After getting up and being held back by multiple people, Rudolph punches him in the groin and swings for his head.

Garrett made a mistake and should be punished for swinging the helmet. Rudolph absolutely instigated the fight and should be fined/suspended as well.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
May have called him a slur huh?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

, may have called him a slur,

Where is this coming from?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

He didn’t start it. Rudolph did. Garrett had him wrapped up when he threw the ball and fell down pulling Rudolph on top of him. From there Rudolph grabbed his facemask, may have called him a slur, and kicked Garrett in the dick. After getting up and being held back by multiple people, Rudolph punches him in the groin and swings for his head.

Garrett made a mistake and should be punished for swinging the helmet. Rudolph absolutely instigated the fight and should be fined/suspended as well.

Garrett was the rear end in a top hat who did the insanely late hit in a game that was already over.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mason Rudolph said the medium n

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hunt11 posted:

Garrett was the rear end in a top hat who did the insanely late hit in a game that was already over.

It wasn’t a monstrously late hit. He had his hands on him when the ball was thrown and he literally fell on his back with Rudolph on top of him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

while they were going to the ground rudolph whispered "hello Mr. Nice!" with an impenetrable n

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It wasn’t a monstrously late hit. He had his hands on him when the ball was thrown and he literally fell on his back with Rudolph on top of him.

Please tell me when Mason Rudolph used a slur. Myles Garrett didn't bring it up as a defense, but I know you've proven to be an intelligent and level headed poster in the past, so I don't want to think you're just talking out of your rear end.

“I made a mistake, I lost my cool and I regret it,” Garrett, 23, told reporters after the game, according to Cleveland.com. “It’s going to come back to hurt our team. The guys who jumped into the scrum, I appreciate my team having my back, but it should have never gotten to that point. That’s on me.”

“What I did was foolish and I shouldn’t have allowed myself to slip like that,” he added. “That’s out of character, but a situation like that where it’s an emotional game … I allowed myself to fall into those emotions with that last play and what happened.”
https://people.com/sports/myles-garrett-speaks-out-after-brawl-at-game/

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The initial hit is fine. When Garrett takes him to the ground is long after Rudolph threw the ball. Considering Rudolph threw it right in front of his face I've got a difficult time believing that Garrett didn't know he had released the ball already.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chichevache posted:

Please tell me when Mason Rudolph used a slur. Myles Garrett didn't bring it up as a defense, but I know you've proven to be an intelligent and level headed poster in the past, so I don't want to think you're just talking out of your rear end.

“I made a mistake, I lost my cool and I regret it,” Garrett, 23, told reporters after the game, according to Cleveland.com. “It’s going to come back to hurt our team. The guys who jumped into the scrum, I appreciate my team having my back, but it should have never gotten to that point. That’s on me.”

“What I did was foolish and I shouldn’t have allowed myself to slip like that,” he added. “That’s out of character, but a situation like that where it’s an emotional game … I allowed myself to fall into those emotions with that last play and what happened.”
https://people.com/sports/myles-garrett-speaks-out-after-brawl-at-game/

I dunno if he did or not. Repeating what goons have said in threads across the forums.

I should also note that I have an instant bias against the steelers for anything, and I am just doing a little defense attorney trolling for fun.

Also, Garrett is giving a prepared statement. Of course he’s going to be apologetic and fall on his sword.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Simplex posted:

The initial hit is fine. When Garrett takes him to the ground is long after Rudolph threw the ball. Considering Rudolph threw it right in front of his face I've got a difficult time believing that Garrett didn't know he had released the ball already.

If Garrett had done that to me I would have kicked him in the junk too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I do think that people are genuinely overblowing the “late hit” because it wasn’t even a hit. It’s not like Rudolph got blown up. He got pulled on top of a guy that was falling on his back.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when you have a guy staring up at you from the ground and shouting "bitch" repeatedly extremely fast, so you can't even tell what he's saying. it sounds like a hell lode of "biscuits" or something. That's when you take the closest thing you can find and knock some sense into the chap

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I dunno if he did or not. Repeating what goons have said in threads across the forums.

Those goons are loving idiots doing everything they can to justify an assault with a weapon because they don't want to believe Garrett did a really bad thing.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

All this hand wringing. Rudolph is fine.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Kill whitey.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hell, i think we should punish myles garrett for not hitting him with the helmet well enough. he didn't even knock the whiteboy out

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Bash the fash, imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember earlier in the season when mason rudolph got ktfo so bad people were like "omg he could have died!!!!!!!"

maybe he's not cut out for the nfl

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol "assault with a weapon" Chich is already salivating at the thought of pulling a gun on Garrett and getting administrative leave over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol "assault with a weapon" Chich is already salivating at the thought of pulling a gun on Garrett and getting administrative leave over it

All the clowns emphasizing assault with a weapon are probably super quiet when a pitcher slings a 100mph baseball by a batters head because enough respect wasn’t shown