Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

i've decided that SHY is insanely good

I don't think it's there yet but I like it.

Nice volume 1 cover:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Agronox posted:

I don't think it's there yet but I like it.

I feel like it's MHA without the school\godlike powers from the start. A much smaller cast, a good slow start.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Brought To You By posted:

It's most likely family health issues. She made a post recently talking about how her son and husband have some hard to manage disease over the past couple years. Plus an earlier hiatus was caused because she was taking care of her parents. So Arakawa is probably retiring so she can go be a mom/wife/daughter.
https://websunday.net/backstage/arakawa/
Unfortunate, but respectable (if true). Family takes priority.

And hey, she managed to churn out two pretty good series in her time. More than most.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Her version of Arslan was way superior to the anime.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

I feel like it's MHA without the school\godlike powers from the start. A much smaller cast, a good slow start.

Isn't that MHA Illegals.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Note that I dropped MHA but I quite like and still follow that spinoff.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Fumino fans,

This one is for you:
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/136/page/1

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I didn't really like the first half, but the second half saved it. Really sweet. I also rather enjoyed the memories :)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sensei is going to have to reassert dominance next chapter.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm a Ricchan fan but don't do Fuminocchi dirty like this :negative:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rip my man Escanor

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Rip my man Escanor

If the story wasn't such a mess this chapter might have brought a tear to my eyes. As it stands I'll be pouring one out for my boy. He'll be around in the Arthur sequel anyways. Gawain has the same gimmick of being strongest at Noon. But Nakaba is going to have to give him a much more positive ending since the source materials paint a very black image of Gawain overall

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Plutonis posted:

Rip my man Escanor
he died for literally no reason hahaaaaah end this shitheap

also isnt merlin still a floating crystall ball? or was that fixed. because otherwise the burns are meaningless since its a projection, right

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Rip my man Escanor
It really was the perfect way to end Escanor.
It was a really good chapter... I felt a little down reading it.
I can't believe Merlin didn't have an asspull ready. :qq:

but then you remember that Meliodas had the power to solo the Demon King and it sullies the memory somewhat. :(

Relin posted:

he died for literally no reason hahaaaaah end this shitheap

also isnt merlin still a floating crystall ball? or was that fixed. because otherwise the burns are meaningless since its a projection, right

That was solved ages ago in the best possible way. She revealed during the confrontation with Greyroad that she forgot she was immune to curses. :psyduck: Actually what happened to Greyroad? Merlin locked him away, like she did with Merascula but we saw Merascula a few times afterwards, but not Greyroad.

At least it made me really interested in learning what secret Merlin has that Escanor guessed.

King rides in style. :)

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 19, 2019

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Merlin gets massively owned in the end anyway if the major beats of Arthurian legend are covered in the time after this series.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New Mieruko-chan in which Miko gets a bit of a break.

EDIT: Wait, wrong thread. Well this is a good horror-comedy manga if anyone is interested.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 19, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's here

https://twitter.com/Kirari_star/status/1197333309941932032?s=19

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh no she's hot.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hell yes

Please let it go to a creative studio and let them preserve the scratchy outline style

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The villain being a perpetually child-like eldritch horror is definitely on the list of things I expected.

Things have resolved For Yuu this time. loving twitch streamers have stepped up their game for subscribers

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

What's that from? The link just leads to the image.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's always SHY

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The villain being a perpetually child-like eldritch horror is definitely on the list of things I expected.

Things have resolved For Yuu this time. loving twitch streamers have stepped up their game for subscribers

I'm pretty sure that any sort of web slinging wouldn't be remotely possible with normal human abilities, lol.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty sure that any sort of web slinging wouldn't be remotely possible with normal human abilities, lol.

Don't get me wrong, he should have dislocated both of his shoulders and broken many bones after falling into a tree at god knows how fast. But if Screwball gets away with maybe a concussion, Yuu can walk it off with some bruises

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Don't get me wrong, he should have dislocated both of his shoulders and broken many bones after falling into a tree at god knows how fast. But if Screwball gets away with maybe a concussion, Yuu can walk it off with some bruises

I guess you can sorta assume that maybe the webbing has exactly the right elasticity to sorta stretch and avoid dislocating his shoulders, and he just got super lucky and didn't hit anything. Though even then wouldn't the G's make you pass out or something? Maybe not.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This was a pretty good use of Screwball even if it was basically lifted right from the Spider-Man PS4 game

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaja Rainbow posted:

What's that from? The link just leads to the image.

Oops, that's what I get for not checking what I'm copy pasting.
Here you go.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Caught up on Shy which was pretty easy.

Great series. Spirits is the best.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Rebooting Rizu is one of the best things the mangaka did.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/137/page/1

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My face right now

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rizu went into the hyperbolic time chamber.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
For some reason I remember hearing that the mangaka for We Never Learn is a former Yakuza.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That was a powerful Rizu move.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Agronox posted:

Rebooting Rizu is one of the best things the mangaka did.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/137/page/1

Mangaplus version doesn't translate the aprons. :qq:

Rizu has significantly improved yes.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I'm glad Rizu has developed into more than "Udon girl"
I'll be rooting for Uruka until my dying breath though.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Julias posted:

My face right now

It's bothering me that they're on opposite sides of the kitchen after this panel.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

My pro-Rizu dividends have finally paid off after two years. (Sensei winning is fine too)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Short chapter of Ragna Crimson released today. The story continues to make me feel a little bit bad for all these dragons Ragna needs to kill. Only a little though.

Arnold is an earnest dude, shame he got mind controlled into being a servant to chick who is just casually declaring genocide because her "god" had her crepe's shop robbed

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 26, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Seven Deadly Sins 334

This manga will never end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
:regd08: