Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Asimov posted:

I read Player Of Games but it wasn't clear to me why an intelligent AI wearing a meatsuit didn't play the games and win.

same reason the US backed Guaido

think of the Azad game as a form of elections and imagine how literal galaxy brain shitlibs would try to hijack it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Sir Tonk posted:

waiting for mcconnell to say this

Getting closer to just post poning the 2020 general

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

a.lo posted:

turn dick tracy into a broadway musical

Cast Charlie Kirk as Littleface.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
We can't have a general, until we stop the impeachment process

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
In the post-TRUNP political era, how feasible would it be to just pretend to be a hyper-chud moron and get elected to the GOP and destroy it from the inside?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
hangover is mild withdrawal so a shot of vodka and TMUB thread

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Inspector Hound posted:

Coffee and weed, those ridiculously expensive canned chocolate Starbucks energy drinks are like hangover off switches

Source: I used to live around the corner from a liquor store that sold genuinely middling wine for $3 a bottle, making becoming an amateur sommelier cheaper than beer

when I lived in Cali in the 90s Trader Joe's had this absolutely amazing Cab from some small local winery for about that, it was nuts. Trader Joe's in California (at least back then) was a whole different experience than modern Trader Joe's, esp the new ones in Texas. Wine selection is completely bleh.

e: to be honest we never called it "Cali", I just like to "fit in"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bert Roberge posted:

I need to know if the mole or the penguin came first

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
god emperor trump

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

Elbows

Mr Face

Johnny Forehead

Steve Pants

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

god emperor trump

my old paperback copy of "Dune: God Emperor Of" had a cool 70s-like airbrushed pic of a sandworm, somebody please do a tormb version

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

emfive posted:

when I lived in Cali in the 90s Trader Joe's had this absolutely amazing Cab from some small local winery for about that, it was nuts. Trader Joe's in California (at least back then) was a whole different experience than modern Trader Joe's, esp the new ones in Texas. Wine selection is completely bleh.

e: to be honest we never called it "Cali", I just like to "fit in"

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by some of the in house trader joes wines when I tried them, nutty, playful, with a slightly cummy finish,

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

The Alpha Centauri posted:

Getting closer to just post poning the 2020 general

:justpost: pwn

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

In the post-TRUNP political era, how feasible would it be to just pretend to be a hyper-chud moron and get elected to the GOP and destroy it from the inside?

p hard id imagine you'd need a few on your side

i would ask pelosi, manchin, sinema, doug jones, claire mccaskill, schumer and feinstein for their advice on how to do this to a party to start

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
microdosing water all day

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Ninja/status/1195712653332828162

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

punchymcpunch posted:

Elbows

Mr Face

Johnny Forehead

Steve Pants

Matty Calamari

"Dyuhhh, I dunno bwoss."

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by some of the in house trader joes wines when I tried them, nutty, playful, with a slightly cummy finish,

delightfully flinty palate, warm infrared finish

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

quote:

After the war game was restarted, its participants were forced to follow a script drafted to ensure a Blue Force victory. Among other rules imposed by this script, Red Force was ordered to turn on their anti-aircraft radar in order for them to be destroyed, and was not allowed to shoot down any of the aircraft bringing Blue Force troops ashore. Van Riper also claimed that exercise officials denied him the opportunity to use his own tactics and ideas against Blue Force, and that they also ordered Red Force not to use certain weapons systems against Blue Force and even ordered the location of Red Force units to be revealed.

Lmao

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It doesnt really matter if it's a cab or a pinot by the third bottle, although it should always be a pinot

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

is this supposed to be cool or bad

honest question

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

I need to know if the mole or the penguin came first

The Mole(November 1941) came out a month earlier than The Penguin.(December 1941)

https://dicktracy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Mole

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_(character)

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

when you feel you're really ready, go to hillary but that's a level 99 dungeon stock up on heals

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bert Roberge posted:

dick tracy, a "hero" who only goes after people with disfiguring birth defects

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

It doesnt really matter if it's a cab or a pinot by the third bottle, although it should always be a pinot

personally I'm a petit syrah fan

otherwise agreed of course

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

And please limit to one your selection of whites, we're not hosting a bachelorette party

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:hmmyes: "select Walmarts"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bert Roberge posted:

The Mole(November 1941) came out a month earlier than The Penguin.(December 1941)

https://dicktracy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Mole

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_(character)

Thank you this makes me happier than I thought it would lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Well you'd need to be able to make a suicide vest as well but if you can do that the yeah reasonably feasible

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

emfive posted:

is this supposed to be cool or bad

honest question

its a gamer blanket

so bad

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I like wines that are 'red'

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Addamere posted:

:hmmyes: "select Walmarts"

There's wal mart brand wine lol

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

punchymcpunch posted:

Elbows

Mr Face

Johnny Forehead

Steve Pants

There's over 200 Dick Tracey villains and most of them are named either on their ethnicity or some sort of physical deformity or handicap.

Trigger Doom is one of the few that's supposed to be depicted as 'handsome.'

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

its a gamer blanket

so bad

thx dodged a bullet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bert Roberge posted:

There's over 200 Dick Tracey villains and most of them are named either on their ethnicity or some sort of physical deformity or handicap.

Trigger Doom is one of the few that's supposed to be depicted as 'handsome.'

deafy, lol

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
little face finny grew up to be charlie kirk

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

the cumshitter vintage

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

gamer blanket

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shakes, the epileptic criminal, would have to do like a beatbox number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Rookoo posted:

As a person outside the US it baffles me that any American who can obtain a firearm and isn't housebound from obesity can browse this thread for multiple months without doing something.

we got truck payments to make