Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

JBP posted:

PS4 bros, you can fix this game with performance mode in the menu. I don't think it gave the option to start with which is strange but it fixes all the pop in and graphical weirdness by locking to 1080.

I still think your PS4's haunted or something, it works as fine as any game on the system. Like two texture pop ins on an early cutscene and maybe a half second of dropped frames when I'm switching areas or getting into a cutscene at several hours in, it seems perfectly fine :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/BlairBroon/status/1116830762899128320

Producer.

Maybe Expansions count as Macrotransactions but yeah

At no point have they ruled out DLC. Nothing announced at launch, no day 1 season pass...but some manner of campaign expansion pack is certainly possible.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
There is a vast area of space between what some people consider DLC and a microtransaction. I don't think many people in the industry would consider a combination of art, story, gameplay, and other content elements packaged together to be played over a period of time to be a microtransaction.

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?

Bust Rodd posted:

-the parry window in Jedi Master is very hard for me to figure out and I’ve beaten Sekiro

Also playing Jedi Master and haven't beaten Sekiro. Game seems pretty forgiving, so just look for the beginning of the lunge/thrust/swing/whatever and you should parry.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
Thought I was being clever getting the game through premiere: Now the service is down? Is this just me? I just wanna drat rear end play the drat rear end game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is anyone having encounters with bounty hunters pop up, but if you die they're just not there any more lol

Like I had them outside the most "emotional" part of the game and wasn't ready for a boss fight in an area I'd cleared and also in a place no mere dude would brave. Weird thing.

JBP fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 16, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lokee posted:

Thought I was being clever getting the game through premiere: Now the service is down? Is this just me? I just wanna drat rear end play the drat rear end game.

I can login to Origin but the window inside the app never loads. I can still launch the game by right clicking on the origin symbol in the tool tray though, or just using the desktop shortcut

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I didn’t expect stuff from Rebels to show up

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Game is fun. Now I just want challenge rooms where I can just mow down wave after wave of stormtroopers.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Do not buy this game. Youre giving EA money. Do not violate yourselves by giving EA money. EA is the devil. Do not purchase.

Go gently caress yourself.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
not a huge fan of all the metroidvania gameplay elements. but the lightsaber combat stuff is the real deal. had first duel with another force user just now and it was pretty darn great.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
For me the game's entertainment factor waxes and wanes with the baddies I have to face. Force users, stormtroopers and everything Empire makes the game great - worms, toads, rats and the game sucks.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Game could have used more inquisitor boss enemies so you got to really play with the lightsaber combat. The story was very good and I enjoyed all the characters. Satisfying ending too. The last boss was pretty good except for one annoying gimmick that could have been replaced with a larger Moveset. I bumped up to Jedi Grandmaster and the HP per hit is real but the timing is pretty good. I enjoyed just pulling a Jedi Master rear end in a top hat a few times by just dancing around a room until some elite trooper I didn't want to deal with stood near a hole so I could just pull him in and save the hassle.

E: dressups also very disappointing. I kind of expected that you'd find some better clothes but it's all rain poncho and your under costume in various colours. Lightsaber customisation was good though.

Oh yeah I finished the game with 6 estus because I couldn't be hosed riding lifts around zeffo looking for the 12 secrets I missed

JBP fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 16, 2019

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
What's with the super sluggish mouse movement? There's like a half second delay on input.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Control Volume posted:

I havent played Jedi yet, and Im extremely excited to play Jedi, but I can guarantee you that Sekiro is still the better game

This. It should be noted I didn't like the Dark Souls formula because it always seemed weighty, slow and frustrating. Sekiro fixes all those problems while retaining the FromSoftware world and the dark souls flair. Once you get good at Sekiro it's like your battles are the samurai standoffs from Kurosawa movies that would be a cutscene in anything else, it's loving awesome.

I'm still excited to play this game once they fix some of the jankiness but Sekiro is just on another level entirely, a GOTY candidate in a year of Disco Elysium and Control and the year I played Celeste

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 16, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Also here's the summary of my experience playing this game

https://youtu.be/zMR4gdwgIOg

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Has anyone modded in a wiffle ball bat replacement for the light saber yet?

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m playing on Jedi Master, PS4 Pro, and I’ve just finished the second world, Zeffo.

CONS
- The Boss Fight death load times are inexcusably long

-the parry window in Jedi Master is very hard for me to figure out and I’ve beaten Sekiro

-the rockets in this game are more bullshit than the rockets of any other video game I have ever played (including Prototype)

-Cal looks like Sid from Toy Story, I cannot unsee it

PROS
-VWOOSH VWOOM PCHOO PCHOO

-Exploration and scanning feel good

-combat is starting to open up and I feel like there’s gotta be another big piece about to unlock soon so I am hopeful

-Reflecting Blaster Fire is a very simple mechanic that feels great.

I'm with you on the parry window, it feels really off. I just turned it down to hard from very hard. The window feels super tight, but not lined up properly, maybe? I've been trying to put my finger on it, but it's just a little off.

Also, getting killed by unlockable attacks because the dumb red aura doesn't show up in time to react is nice. If you're going to make force me to look for a dumb flashing red light, don't cover it up with ANOTHER dumb flashing light, or gently caress up the timing so it shows up too late. I haven't really had this with human enemies, but any of the bigger creatures seems like it has this issue.

All that aside, game fun.

Edit: I didn't realize you said master and not grand master. I'm with you, except one difficulty level up. I actually wish there was something in between master and grand master, or just give me a slider to put parry timing at 25% instead of 50 or 5.

Dimo ArKacho fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 16, 2019

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
This game is better than The Force Unleashed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Thom12255 posted:

This game is better than The Force Unleashed.

Finally, someone who's not afraid to speak truth to power.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m gonna need to see a whole lot of really amazing force powers before I can back that up. Solving puzzles with giant rolly balls is ok, but I’m not literally obliterating entire Stormtrooper battalions with my dark force powers yet.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m gonna need to see a whole lot of really amazing force powers before I can back that up. Solving puzzles with giant rolly balls is ok, but I’m not literally obliterating entire Stormtrooper battalions with my dark force powers yet.

The best you ever get is pushing a lot of people over at once.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

JBP posted:

The best you ever get is pushing a lot of people over at once.

Yeah, Jedi aren't exactly known for their flashy force powers. It would be nice to be able to throw some giant rocks around, though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

That is very pointedly not what this game or story is about.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I'd been pretty SW Fatigued after the whole TLJ thing, but there was enough in this game to remind me of why I still love the franchise. There's an audio cue in the the last boss fight that made my hair stand on end for a moment, and it's just good to know that a Star Wars game can still have that effect.

Not flawless, but pretty fun, and does right by the franchise.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Fortress Inqusitorious is orbiting the same Gas Gaint as Mustafar?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I played the game this morning a bit...until I was asked the first time where to go (which planet). I couldn't choose one, it said the game is not fully downloaded and I need to wait some more. I didn't find any traffic on my WAN. Restarted my router, checked out the internet connection is working like charm. Still no dice.

Restarted the game, then it told me it can't load the savegame because the game is not fully installed.

Deleted the game, downloaded it again. Same thing. Deleted it AGAIN and downloaded it AGAIN...no luck.

Started a new game, got to the same point, same problem. Restarted the game, again not able to load the save file.

PS4 Pro, by the way. I only found a similar problem from someone playing it on PC.

The game didn't impress me enough to replay the tutorial a third time within a single day, only to come to the same problem again. I assume I'm pretty alone with this problem?

e: I also checked, I have 90 gigs free...I assume that's enough and this is no RDR2?

tuo fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 16, 2019

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Hammerstein posted:

For me the game's entertainment factor waxes and wanes with the baddies I have to face. Force users, stormtroopers and everything Empire makes the game great - worms, toads, rats and the game sucks.

Yeah, animals in this game are just super annoying. Especially those mountain goat motherfuckers. They're probably my #1 death reason.

the combat design is in general an issue as soon as there is more then one enemy. Camera control, targeting and AI behaviour all are somewhat blunt and not finetuned enough to be a cool kind of Dark Souls game. Also while I appreciate the HUD design being very minimal, in cases of quick reaction parry souls-like combat I really miss especially force and 100% stamina bar levels in every encounter due to tunnelvision focus on the enemy.

Personally, I'd appreachiated a non-souls approach for combat and more like DmC or others of that genre.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I have gotten incredibly frustrated at the target locking system swinging me around to enemies I didn't want to target. Just give me free-form Jedi Knight combat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been watching gameplay footage and the animations in some scenes look wonky. the order 66 scene where Cal's master walks into a room and cal watches behind a window looked hilarious with the slow motion blaster bolts and everyone looking like they were wading through molasses

Other than that it looks fun.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Thom12255 posted:

I have gotten incredibly frustrated at the target locking system swinging me around to enemies I didn't want to target. Just give me free-form Jedi Knight combat.

One of the most egregious issues with the targeting lock is that the auto-switch function is completely toughtless, it'll lock onto the R2 style droids trundling past wether or not you're currently in the middle of a full squad of scout troopers, not a huge deal, and the game's that it draws inspiration from have their own share of problems in that regard, but it seems really lazy and there's some super bad spots for camera control/wall views.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Thom12255 posted:

there is an option for "only the enemies you see" or so, which I currently have enabled. But it then just tilts out of locking entirely under circumstances.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
This game is really good, this thread is sorta bad. Really, that's the OP?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
People use lock on outside of a boss fight?

Much like God of War, lock on is usually worse than not locking in in my experience.

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
My lock-on is pretty glitchy. I'll be within dash attack range and try to lock on, only for my camera to center view away or go skygazing on a few occasions.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

The story and characters are doing absolutely nothing for me so far, altho I'm only about five hours in so maybe it picks up later. I did appreciate that the main character doesn't need much convincing to go on the journey, mothafucka's a jedi and he'll sign up for your hopeless quest np.

I'm digging on it more for the gameplay and the environments, there's a nice variety of locations and it's never not fun to cut through a bunch of stormtroopers. It definitely wears its influences on its sleeves too, beyond even the space campfires and space estus I got a good laugh when I went to Dathomir and there was a melee dude in the classic Souls position just behind a doorway.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Friendly Fire posted:

Much like God of War, lock on is usually worse than not locking in in my experience.

I'm switching back and forth based on context, it seems like it helps the fights go better against some of the critters, but definitely not against troopers and such.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Friendly Fire posted:

The camera and combat flow isn't nearly as perfect as God of War, so yeah.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The complete and utter lack of ceremony or impact when Cal discovers/builds his Double-Bladed Lightsaber is so ridiculously jarring. This feels like it should have some level of significance and it has absolutely none.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Bust Rodd posted:

The complete and utter lack of ceremony or impact when Cal discovers/builds his Double-Bladed Lightsaber is so ridiculously jarring. This feels like it should have some level of significance and it has absolutely none.

Yeah, he just started poking at the thing and I was like, is this just gonna be a damage upgrade or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I wish my dodge covered more ground and my parry would snap out of attacks (basically I want it to be juuuust a bit more Arkham-y) but the game is solid so far.