Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Grizzwold posted:

Voting no to suicide by China.

Voting yes to suicide by China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Voting lol.

I mean... uh... voting yes.

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019
Absolutely no.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yes, it's about time we they were cut down to size!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Ikasuhito posted:

Yes, it's about time we they were cut down to size!

Agreed. Yes because having to rebuild from scratch is fun after you've effortlessly blobbed for a few hundred years.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
Absolutely yes.

If even the empire maintenance mod cannot stop us, then we must stop ourselves.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
No, let's wait a little while before we tackle the Dragon.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
No because I'd like us to actually be able to make our OWN doomstack of eternal damnation before we run into the Chinese one.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
No

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I’m gonna have to vote NO.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If I wasn't in the middle of reading the Andalusia LP, I'd be all up for invading, but it turns out reading in detail how one country gets continually dunked on is pretty dispiriting.

So, No.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Flesnolk posted:

I agree, we have absolutely no chance of winning right now but I wouldn't mind seeing us invade them later. Voting no because picking a fight with China right now is suicide.

Also, don't you lose all your levies if you declare war on China? So we'd have basically nobody to fight those 175,000 Chinese supersoldiers.

No

We want to see Tibet actually win an invasion of China, this would just be suicide.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Flesnolk posted:

Also, don't you lose all your levies if you declare war on China? So we'd have basically nobody to fight those 175,000 Chinese supersoldiers.

This does not appear to be the case.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Vote No

Look I want to loving invade China too but GOLDEN AGE? gently caress. That.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
It's already written! Yes!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Fair enough. I’m not sure where I got that idea.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:bisonyes:

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Hell yes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It really needs to be underlined for those not familiar: invading China during the golden age is literally the hardest thing in the game. This will require poo poo so gamey it's practically cheating.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Tulip posted:

Voting yes to suicide by China.

Not an empty quote!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuRPHmvl4Es

YES

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
YES!

Either we win gloriously or we lose even more gloriously!

Either way GLORY

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

YES

Let's run this poo poo into the ground.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

No, do you think the western caliphs and emirs will sit idly by while we hold their holy cities and our army is on the other side of the continent?

besides, there's border gore to clean up

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
NOlo!

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

While you don’t lose your levies, I’m fairly sure that you do get an extreme realm-wide penalty to levy reinforcement (to simulate your sending a massive army into China, I guess). So there is a pretty big penalty we can ill afford so soon after spending blood in Arabia.

E: Bonus reminder that we actually lost to the original Mongol invasion, and were only spared the Mongol yoke bc they then decided they liked us and never invaded with a CB for Tibet proper. This war would have no such get-out-of-jail-free clause.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
No, this isn't the right time yet to invade, finish up our internal issues first.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Invade? During a Golden Age!? Hell, no!

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
[Yes] let's goooo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
No. Not yet.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
No

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Lots of you are under the impression that people are voting yes because we think we can win. I, for one, voted yes because we will lose.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

SirPhoebos posted:

If I wasn't in the middle of reading the Andalusia LP, I'd be all up for invading, but it turns out reading in detail how one country gets continually dunked on is pretty dispiriting.

There is a big difference between repeatedly punching ourselves in the junk and thinking that this-

-needs a little pruning.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yes if we win, we bad rear end our way, if not, we can get some interesting poo poo besides Tibet Blobbing again

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

RagnarokZ posted:

YES!

Either we win gloriously or we lose even more gloriously!

Either way GLORY

If we win, we can drink to our warriors' courage! And if we fail, we can still drink to our warriors' courage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gifhqi3B3RU&t=120s

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Technowolf posted:

If we win, we can drink to our warriors' courage! And if we fail, we can still drink to our warriors' courage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gifhqi3B3RU&t=120s

Yes! YES! Either we will dine in the Summer Capital or we will dine in hell!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I'm not changing my vote but it would be very funny and interesting if Tibet loses everything east of Iran and has to reestablish a Bon state in the middle-east

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
:siren: With 24 hours remaining, the current vote total is as follows: :siren:

Yes, invade China: (26): Mr. Morgenstern, Lord Cyrahzax, QuoProQuid, Sinai, MaxieSatan, AJ_Impy, aqu, Technowolf, Jossar, TheFlyingLlama, ThatBasqueGuy, Sinner Sandwich, Eleven Eleven, Tulip, Akratic Method, Ikasuhito, MoonSlayer, tunapirate, Pacho, McGavin, jalapeno_dude, Dance Officer Freudian, RagnarokZ, Jeoh, Retarded Goatee, Robindaybird

No, do not invade China (22): Mirdini, kw0134, Ferrovanadium, Danny Glands, habeusdorkus, Grizzwold, SpruceZeus, Flesnolk, Sanzh, Yavuz, Viola the Mad, wedgekree, Iceblocks, HereticMIND, SirPheobos, i81icu812, Rody One Half, Peanut Butler, berryjon, Aeromancia, AnAnonymousIdiot, Xelkelvox, GunnerJ

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
No. I want to turn the whole map orange too, but invading China is a struggle even without a Golden Age. Let's let Arabia and our home levies recover, maybe get a couple more tributaries, and wait until China goes back to normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Let's Not get crushed by a golden age China and lose all our titles.