Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I missed it too and I swore the timer had another day on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Wizchine posted:

gently caress, I missed out on cashing in my event tokens again. I’d appreciate some kind of alert on the last day of an event so I’m not caught holding again.

Yeah they should do alerts or at least keep the store open a couple of days after even if you can't earn the tokens anymore. Didn't they used to do that, and even kept the quests active but you'd only get gold or something from them? I remember being extremely confused by that when I first started as I came in after event tokens had ended.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/dtsmm5/livestream_coupons/

some free poo poo. nothing major but it only takes 10 seconds

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not for iOS :/

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Last time I used an android emulator after linking to Facebook because I was that hard up for t2s

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've run into a problem where I keep T2-ing guys despite not having a single T3. Though that's partly because I'm trying for Stryfe/Jean Grey, which requires a lot of T2s.

The recent-ish changes mean that I now have basically infinite nord stones, m'kraan shards, and uniform kit thingies. Like, they aren't even a consideration. Gold remains the biggest issue - I was kinda stunned when I decided to try ranking up my Scarlet Witch - am I correct in assuming that I will end up needing 10x rank 6 black anti-matters? I guess the BAM itself will also pose a problem later.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My biggest takeway from the new changes is that I just have infinite energy. Even doing 35-40 Dimension Missions a day I basically always have 300+ energy left and have topped out 1000 like 3 times. I must have been doing a crazy amount of Dimension Rifts or something. I've completely abandoned trying to maximize that daily free recharge and only get it like every 2 or 3 days.

Also SO much custom gear and norn stones. My inventory is packed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

My biggest takeway from the new changes is that I just have infinite energy. Even doing 35-40 Dimension Missions a day I basically always have 300+ energy left and have topped out 1000 like 3 times. I must have been doing a crazy amount of Dimension Rifts or something. I've completely abandoned trying to maximize that daily free recharge and only get it like every 2 or 3 days.

Also SO much custom gear and norn stones. My inventory is packed.

I still use up all my energy because I haven't done all the "collection items" quests from the epic quests (aside from Dr. Strange's, which I've finished) and still need biometrics for some characters from the X-Men and Deadpool ones.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I have that stuff finished but I should probably use my excess energy to just collect bios in the Epic Quests. It didn't really seem worth it with the Dimension Missions or Story Missions but those go 1:1 bios so its probably worth it. I always forget about them.

edit: Did all the X-Men, X-Force, and FF missions. 500 energy left.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 13, 2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah dimension missions has saved me a couple hundred energy a day. the crescent event battle soaks up most of that tho

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do like that i don't have hundreds of burnable comic covers any more. All the junk this game gives you, its insane. I have to clear out my inventory multiple times a day when playing. God drat I don't need any more 1* isos or custom gear!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

punchymcpunch posted:

yeah dimension missions has saved me a couple hundred energy a day. the crescent event battle soaks up most of that tho

I only bothered doing the first three stages once for the first clear bios. From what I remember from the past ones the random drops aren't worth the hassle. I guess I should be trying anyway to try and get Crescent to T2, but :effort:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I only bothered doing the first three stages once for the first clear bios. From what I remember from the past ones the random drops aren't worth the hassle. I guess I should be trying anyway to try and get Crescent to T2, but :effort:

mostly theyre not, every now and then you get a big lump of gold or some 5* cards tho

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
Just picked this up and applied to join the Doctor Goons alliance, name in game is Fillibusta.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

Is there even much of a reason to repeat the Crescent thing? I repeated the 2nd stage once and it only gave like 4 or 5 biometrics for doing all those levels. My Crescent is only 5* so I can't do the final stage.

twistedmentat posted:

I do like that i don't have hundreds of burnable comic covers any more. All the junk this game gives you, its insane. I have to clear out my inventory multiple times a day when playing. God drat I don't need any more 1* isos or custom gear!

Yeah, I'm constantly having to upgrade ISO and cards and have a zillion 6* custom equipment things that I'll never use.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ytlaya posted:

Is there even much of a reason to repeat the Crescent thing? I repeated the 2nd stage once and it only gave like 4 or 5 biometrics for doing all those levels. My Crescent is only 5* so I can't do the final stage.

As punchy said you'll get an occasionally good random drop, but isn't really worth the hassle unless you really want to be busy and play something or just need to scrape a few bios together to finish the character. You basically just want to get the first clear prizes.

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I'm constantly having to upgrade ISO and cards and have a zillion 6* custom equipment things that I'll never use.

You can feed them to your rank nowadays so they're never completely useless.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

two 6* custom obelisks makes another one, so you use them to reroll to something you will use (or to reroll a ctp to a max damage proc)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

I was a big fan of the older incarnation of AoA but I doubt we will see Gorilla Man, Bob from Uranus, and M-11 The Human Robot. Much as I would like them. 3D Man!

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1195552069207216129

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Oh poo poo

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

If he doesn't have a power where M-11 picks him up and he fires machine guns with his hands and his feet, it is opportunity lost.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It looks like they're also teasing Negasonic Teenage Warhead. I'm unfamiliar with these comic characters but it seems they were both on Domino and Deadpool's "Merca for Money" team. Seems like the other members are Machine Man, Hit Monkey, and Massacre. The only one of those I know at all is MM and it would be very funny if he somehow made this game.

I'm guessing more of a random adds update though. They still have those elemental original characters they introduced a few weeks ago.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 16, 2019

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Finally unlocked Silver Surfer thanks to LongThickRichard!

hngkong fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 16, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

It looks like they're also teasing Negasonic Teenage Warhead. I'm unfamiliar with these comic characters but it seems they were both on Domino and Deadpool's "Merca for Money" team. Seems like the other members are Machine Man, Hit Monkey, and Massacre. The only one of those I know at all is MM and it would be very funny if he somehow made this game.

I'm guessing more of a random adds update though. They still have those elemental original characters they introduced a few weeks ago.

Will it be Deadpool Movie Negasonic?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not familiar with her beyond the movies and google searches so I'm not sure. It looks like it isn't the original comic design but isn't exactly a movie design either. Seems like the modern comic version?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Is that middle one a costume or a character?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im hoping costume, cos if shes a character, shes definitely the paywall one

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Debating burning 5 and 6 star rank up tix for Kid Omega so I can ignore DR. Is he good at T1?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Debating burning 5 and 6 star rank up tix for Kid Omega so I can ignore DR. Is he good at T1?

easy shadowlands clear

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hmm with that I'm thinking Cable is the next T3. I already have him at 4x25 so I'm going to hold off on promoting Quicksilver and see what happens this patch. I'm still not sure who to T3 next. I was dead set on Quicksilver as the new meta hotness, then Thanos T3 has been destroying me in timeline for the past 2 weeks so I may go with him instead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, why is Thanos suddenly wiping the floor with me in Timeline? That was sudden.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well, there it is:
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...5dc&oe=5E8BCF9E

I'm thinking about taking a break from the game, my brain went to a dark place though: do people sell their accounts? maybe that would be a better break for me that would stop me from thinking of coming back. Right now I'm addicted to still getting my daily rewards but none of the updates lately have really hooked me on anything. And then when I do get all the new characters it's kind of like for what? I don't do PvP.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, why is Thanos suddenly wiping the floor with me in Timeline? That was sudden.

probably thanos + colossus for insane damage reduction

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The new changes have actually begun to reinvigorate my fun in the game. With Dimension Rift I can basically do 95% of daily chores easily and relatively quickly with tickets so all I "have" to do manually each day is World Boss, Alliance Battle, and Legendary Battles. So I find I'm picking up the phone wanting to play something more often and doing more of that stuff plus Shadowland, Danger Room, WBI, World Event, etc. I'm still kind of just in "eh, if I don't do it I don't do it" mode but after like a month or two of that I'm getting more fun when I do play some game modes I don't do every day/week anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gonna be a weird update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFYxh7ljQ_c

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 19, 2019

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Seems like it would have been the perfect time to sneak in Howard the Duck. Time to write Santa, I guess.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I want Howard the Duck very much.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

easy shadowlands clear

How do people get to floor 100+ or whatever with this? Just having a ton of characters with T2? Recently I've been able to get to like 24/25, but that's only due to having a fairly large number of T2's and a reasonable number of T1's with mastery maxed* (though it's kinda a toss-up which ones are actually capable of clearing stages - recently characters, like that wind girl, or characters I have costumes for can do okay).

I've finally hit a wall where I've run out of black anti-matter; I will need to farm up all the black anti-matter to 6* my Scarlet Witch. I have just enough to get her to 5* (tomorrow or the next day will give me enough gold to do so), but will have to farm up the stuff for 6* from scratch. Since I have her latest costume I really want to get her ranked up. Not looking forward to repeating this process with Jean Grey (who I'll have unlocked pretty soon - just need to T2 Storm which I'm pretty close to doing). Stryfe is a longer ways off due to needing to get Colossus x-genes to level up his equipment.

* Recent changes have been very good for making mastery extremely easy to max. It's to the point that mastery tickets are basically useless, since it's so easy to afford m'kraan shards or norn stones from the dimension rift store thingy

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

How do people get to floor 100+ or whatever with this? Just having a ton of characters with T2? Recently I've been able to get to like 24/25, but that's only due to having a fairly large number of T2's and a reasonable number of T1's with mastery maxed* (though it's kinda a toss-up which ones are actually capable of clearing stages - recently characters, like that wind girl, or characters I have costumes for can do okay).

yeah its just a matter of having a deep roster, people who have been playing for years have all of the non-paywalled characters at t2 by now. i clear 1-30 with a single t2 / t1 and then 3 characters each after that, it gets me to floor 86 ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm under 10k BAM for the first time in forever thanks to trying to level up my newly unlocked Silver Surfer.

Also 5 days with no CCF drops so I'm still 150ish away from T3ing Jean. I could do Carol or Pietro now but I'm really trying to get over the Jean Grey hump.