Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

bobjr posted:

I wonder if this will lead to Trump not rallying in swing states, only deep red areas where he and the candidate there won't lose.

Kale posted:

Noted swing states Kentucky and Lousiana....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Warmachine posted:

:umberto:

The enemy is both hyper competent and omnipotent but also weak and degenerate at the same time.

Ah yes, the lynchpin of fascist gaslighting rhetoric.

Hillary is a dying, incompetent, slurring grandmother and also a criminal mastermind murderer and election-fixer.

Obama is an effete, secret-homosexual, affirmative action case, but also the all-powerful antichrist puppetmaster of a worldwide communist syndicate.

Mexicans are lazy criminals but also superhuman workers who are here to steal your jobs.

Pick A or B depending on which one makes your point. Rinse, repeat.

It's my favorite. Pure, distilled insanity.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Got any highlights?

Yeah post them

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1195912576544247808

quote:

Sandy, the deputy associate director for national security programs at OMB, testified that he was instructed to sign the first of several apportionment letters in which budget officials formally instituted the freeze on funds, according to two people familiar with his testimony who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak frankly. He was never given a specific reason as to why the letter was being sent out, the people added.

Other witnesses have testified that the letter Sandy signed was dated July 25 — the same day that President Trump spoke by phone with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and one week after OMB verbally informed interagency officials that they were withholding the funds on orders from the White House. The signature of Sandy’s boss, political appointee Michael Duffey, appears on subsequent letters.

Sandy testified that the change came about when Duffey told him he wanted to learn more about the budget apportionment process. Sandy thought this was odd, the people familiar with his testimony said — and he told investigators that he suggested to Duffey that if he wanted to learn more about the process, there were other ways to do it. But Duffey insisted.

Sandy testified that he had never in his career seen a senior political OMB official assume control of a portfolio in such a fashion, according to the people familiar with his testimony, who added that he did not raise a fuss because he wanted to keep his job.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I get that he’s a lovely Blue Dog but still lol. Republicans losing Kentucky and Louisiana is a bad look and 2020 will be a blood bath for the GOP at this rate.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Republicans lost their supermajority

loving :lol:

They can no longer overturn Dem Gov veto

https://mobile.twitter.com/DLCC/status/1195910785966497792

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I keep getting stuck on the quarantine page. There has to be some delicious tears in there, though :getin:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Starsfan posted:

the best part about these people who think the Democrats are stealing elections by fabricating votes once they see how far they are behind is that they must face to the fact that if the dear leader is allowing this to happen over and over again, he must be truly impotent and powerless. That must be really upsetting for them to roll around in their empty heads :)

I mean what happens when the whole just rile up the base and make poo poo up strategy to win elections just isn't working anymore like seems to be the case lately? It's a serious question worth pondering.

Like this is it, this is their hail mary all in counter-strategy to Obama's win in '08 that got the Tea Party and Freedom Caucus elected and allowed Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and Trump to happen. It's not looking as much like what one goon referred to as a frustrating stalemate with low level evil anymore. This is something I've pondered a lot, the equation of the right wing media firewall that effectively cuts off large segments of America from appeal to reason and allows the GOP to stay in power at the national level like it has for most of the 21st century in spite of what appears to be the majority will of Americans and their utter incompetence. If it doesn't play big into 2020 I just don't see how they perform well nationally. Fox News and maintaining the right wing narrative in the Mid-West and Deep South is literally imperative to the Republican parties survival due to shifting demographics and their blatant inability to actual govern in practice.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

LeeMajors posted:

Ah yes, the lynchpin of fascist gaslighting rhetoric.

Hillary is a dying, incompetent, slurring grandmother and also a criminal mastermind murderer and election-fixer.

Obama is an effete, secret-homosexual, affirmative action case, but also the all-powerful antichrist puppetmaster of a worldwide communist syndicate.

Mexicans are lazy criminals but also superhuman workers who are here to steal your jobs.

Pick A or B depending on which one makes your point. Rinse, repeat.

It's my favorite. Pure, distilled insanity.

Heck, it's not even necessarily insanity if you don't have any intent on discussing issues or working in good faith. Your opponent can be whatever you want or need them to be, so long as they keep being the other that you need to combat no matter what.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

tens of thousands of lives saved by the preservation of Medicaid alone

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

I keep getting stuck on the quarantine page. There has to be some delicious tears in there, though :getin:

quote:

No need to panic, Some states are just odd. Louisiana is red as they come regarding federal government but can go either way within the state. Much like Kentucky, Mass., Maryland and some others.
-
Write to Trump. Tell him he needs to do something about the fraud or he will lose. Im sorry. There is no way people vote this much more for a REP SOS and a Dem Gov. It doesnt happen.
-
the left will win in the long run they play to win while conservatives and right wingers are like we dont protest or make our voice heardin the street because we are busy working and have a job. the left fight ever since 1960s has allowed them to acquire almost every department like education, culture, music, movies, media technology .etc. and once politics is cemented it is over, i dont expect states like Virginia to ever turn red again like california but i do expect texas to turn blue within a decade
-
I told you dumb troll twits NOT to get excited, and here we are. You can either sit behind your computer and keep posting spicy memes or you can get out into the CITIES where we always lose...and campaign for the next year, up until the election because I'm telling you. we are not fighting back aggressively enough against the relentless democrat SMEAR campaign. You can sit here and be smug and Pepe everything you want but the truth is a lot of young new voters came out in the cities and voted for democrats. You better get off your asses and start real politicing ( which you wont do ) or we're going to lose 2020. I'm serious. I can already see it. The democrats got too complacent in 2016 and I feel like we're doing the same exact thing simply assuming Trump will be re-elected. it's going to be even close next time people. WAKE UP and get out from behind your keyboards!
-
Lol. I was told to get hosed after the primary when I said the loving republicans were stupid to allow two candidates for the commie jungle primary. I was told...nah man...its all good the republican had it in the bag.
Lol. 5d chess these republicans play. Sadly, nothing trump can do will teach the fags how to win.

Kale
May 14, 2010

In Louisiana :stare:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Holy poo poo, Louisiana, good going. State legislatures are where the GOP has been doing the most damage IMO and coming into the 2020 census with fewer GOP's in statehouses will be fantastic nationally.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So Trump's chest pain sadly isn't serious?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I get that he’s a lovely Blue Dog but still lol. Republicans losing Kentucky and Louisiana is a bad look and 2020 will be a blood bath for the GOP at this rate.

yea I hate Edwards with so many fibers of my being but I hate literally any republican more so I'll at least take a 'gently caress off Trump you can't even help in red states anymore' victory.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

I believe that sadly, many people do not participate in ANY election other than president. They either don’t know enough about society to know who to vote for or they just don’t really care.

When Trumps name is on the ballot however, they will come again from the hillsides and mountains to vote

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah and just as many if not more will vote to boot his rear end.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

One of the most important facets of this election: https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1195916808710184961

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

mcmagic posted:

So Trump's chest pain sadly isn't serious?

No, no. Trump needs to wait until he is fully disgraced before he dies.

And I'm going to get loving white-girl wasted when he does.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LeeMajors posted:

No, no. Trump needs to wait until he is fully disgraced before he dies.

And I'm going to get loving white-girl wasted when he does.

There is no wrong time for Trump to die of natural causes.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 17, 2019

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
In hindsight, hell, let’s let Trump rally any ol’ state he wants.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/Gerryinpa/status/1195917640709156864

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1195918237017550848

:lol:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
You know, I'm starting to suspect these NY Times "swing voters" who are all hard core Trump supporters might NOT actually represent "middle America"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Elections have consequences

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

D's don't even do it. They have been implementing non partisan boards to do it which end up in D gains just because of what republicans did after 2010 coming back the other direction.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

posting this for no particular reason

https://twitter.com/EddieRispone/status/1195483957363724288

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
The count is still going and Edwards is over 30,000 in front

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

I eagerly await hearing Rispone whine on every talk radio station about how he was robbed.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Amazing Zimmo posted:

The count is still going and Edwards is over 30,000 in front
Orleans Parish is like ten-to-one Edwards and still had a ton of votes to report when he took the lead

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

So did they get 20% of the black vote like Blexit and Parscale says?

quote:

Probably going to have to wait a while for demographics to come out. That could be a week away to know all that.

https://twitter.com/samkarlin/status/1195919348885590018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If this was my local chapter I would not want to endorse him. His anti woman's rights positions are just non starters.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1195803224084602880

This fuckwit stormed the scif because they were "secret" hearings and now he is crying because they're public hearings

Guys I just now woke up and realized: this country has serious problems we need to deal with!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SoggyBobcat posted:

One of the most important facets of this election: https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1195916808710184961

sweet, I'm glad we'll be in a better position for the 2010s

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

The Democrat smear campaign is working. What are you going to do about it?

Are you going to sit here and snark to other snarky people while post nothing but Pepe pics no one of consequence will see? Or will you get out and campaign in the cities? Probably not. You'll sit here and assume Trump is going to win re-Election (which will cost us the election )

This reddit has almost a MILLION members. If even 1/4 of you got out, and actively started campaigning we could do much MUCH better. But it has to be these cities. Cities are where the democrats run, run, run, and run. They get the Republicans EVERY TIME with last minute city votes, and then you dumbasses sit there and whine about "voter fraud"

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT THIS TIME/ Shave. Get a nice suit. GO OUT AND CAMPAIGN because 2020 will probably be closer than when George W Bush "won" the presidency.
-
Blame it on the freeloading hippies of new Orleans
-
And yet another super close election with massive MAGA backing that the Democrats ultimately win. Again...
-
we are hosed, unbelievable as someone who lives in Louisiana and R Gov was leading all night besides the closing mins. 2020 I dont think is safe for a win. Every dead person, illegal alien will vote several times. Most of Louisiana is red so that tells me it was voter fraud tonight.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SoggyBobcat posted:

That is the best news to come from both this and Kentucky. Stuff like this is why it feels like the pendulum's swinging back hard against the 2010 and 2014 midterms.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

classic southern sneering

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

sweet, I'm glad we'll be in a better position for the 2010s

Hey, maybe the world hosed up the '10s so bad that on December 31st God himself is gonna appear and go "You know what, I'm just embarrassed for you, here, have a mulligan" and it's going to roll over to January 1st, 2010 and we get to do things right this time.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

These are delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

my god the southern shade. JBE may suck relative but I'm pouring one out in celebration for him right now. every victory over the GOP is important.