Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I named my Scorbunny Brandi and when it evolved into Cinderace it did the famous soccer pose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

"I've been thinking... if a Cramorant swallowed me and then someone else caught it... Would I be able to go inside the Poke Ball, too? If I did, I'd be the first person in humanity's history to be caught by a Poke Ball! "Gotcha! A man was caught!" They'd have to say something like that, right?"

.. why do I feel like I'm an unwilling participant in someone's TMI fetish sharing.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
it's a crime to make a pokemon as perfect as snom and make its evo just terrible

60 base speed on an ice/bug is just asking for it

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Flopsy posted:

Mercifully Jessie is going to be ok. The wound in her stomach has finally closed and she's no longer vomiting/passing blood. Goddamn vet scared the hell out of me telling me she could go septic and I didn't sleep for two days trying to keep an eye on her so I didn't miss it if she started developing a fever/ the shakes. From what I read the nature of the daycare toxel is random, truth be told I just wanted to put my good boi in a quick ball to match their coloring but I got extremely lucky on my first go, like ridiculously so. I'm keeping this one forever btw all he needs is a little hyper training and he's perfect.

As a person who nearly lost a dog to this twice because it couldn't stop eating things that it really shouldn't, then lost it anyway to heart disease* while I was out picking up dinner, I'm glad your good girl is well and you're enjoying Pokemon.

*We guess. We took her to scheduled checkups and Vet never picked up on any cardiac problems and the death was incredibly sudden.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Raserys posted:

it's a crime to make a pokemon as perfect as snom and make its evo just terrible

I wanted to catch a Snom and name it Snum :wink:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
*taps mic*
hey yo gamefreak you wanna explain why I can't teach dragon claw to my physical grass/dragon pokemon

I swear to god, I've gotten so many 80 base power TRs from raids but it doesn't matter because apparently no one in galar learns moves!!

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 17, 2019

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

TheHan posted:

Oh god Arctozolt what have I done.

I love his shivering animation :3: Immediately added him to my party.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm still catching wild Pokémon at level 30-35 with regular pokéballs in one or two tries with red or yellow health and a status effect. I really do believe that your currently active Pokémon's level being higher makes all the difference.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

The earlier post about Toxitricity gave me an inspiration.

30 minutes later, and...

none of these are Rash.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

As a person who nearly lost a dog to this twice because it couldn't stop eating things that it really shouldn't, then lost it anyway to heart disease* while I was out picking up dinner, I'm glad your good girl is well and you're enjoying Pokemon.

*We guess. We took her to scheduled checkups and Vet never picked up on any cardiac problems and the death was incredibly sudden.

I'm seriously sorry to hear that about your dog man :(. I made Jessie a soft bed near my desk so she can stay close to me and she's currently snuggled up in it. I'm happy to report her appetite has returned and she's started playing with the kitten again. It was touch and go for bit there. She did this to herself by eating my cat's hairballs by the way. I've started adding hairball lube to my kitty's food so she'll stop puking them on the floor. I can't deal with this again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so I heard dynamaxing lets you keep choice item boosts without the choice item move restriction. this generation was fun while it lasted but its time for it to go back into the oven

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Is it possible to both adore and despise something at once? That's how I feel about the Fairy Gym's gimmick.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Finally breeding tons of farfetched

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Blaziken386 posted:

*taps mic*
hey yo gamefreak you wanna explain why I can't teach dragon claw to my physical grass/dragon pokemon

it doesn't have claws

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Flopsy posted:

I'm seriously sorry to hear that about your dog man :(. I made Jessie a soft bed near my desk so she can stay close to me and she's currently snuggled up in it. I'm happy to report her appetite has returned and she's started playing with the kitten again. It was touch and go for bit there. She did this to herself by eating my cat's hairballs by the way. I've started adding hairball lube to my kitty's food so she'll stop puking them on the floor. I can't deal with this again.

That sounds like an extremely dog move. Our Mini was some strange parking lot chihuahua/mini-pin that vibrated so much out of raw excitement that we thought one day she'd start phasing through walls to get to us. We knew something was wrong when he picked her up one morning and she wasn't buzzing.

But the worst was a story I heard from a patient. They tried to have the squirrels in their yard poisoned but their dog dug up and stashed the delicious blue coumadin wafers and would eat them, nearly die evacuating it's various fluids, get saved at the vet, and do it again a couple of weeks later, repeatedly. Dogs love to hurt themselves eating.

Anyway as for Pokemon, we just met Galarian Meowth and he's perfect.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ugh, the Low Key form of Toxtricity can't learn Venoshock? What the gently caress, why? t:mad:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

"I've been thinking... if a Cramorant swallowed me and then someone else caught it... Would I be able to go inside the Poke Ball, too? If I did, I'd be the first person in humanity's history to be caught by a Poke Ball! "Gotcha! A man was caught!" They'd have to say something like that, right?"

.. why do I feel like I'm an unwilling participant in someone's TMI fetish sharing.

Had a similar thought earlier today. Grookey and a handful of other pokemon get caught and their tree branches or whatever they're holding goes with them. Does that mean pokeballs can capture inorganic poo poo like Dragon Ball capsules? Could I steal the statue of liberty

Asking for a friend

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kyrosiris posted:

Ugh, the Low Key form of Toxtricity can't learn Venoshock? What the gently caress, why? t:mad:

The movepools for High Key and Low Key are loving rear end backwards.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Played for a total of 8 hours or so so far. I only just got to Route 3. I'm planning on catching one of everything on each route, girls only if applicable and catching multiples for those that have multiple end forms. Wild Area is loving cool as hell. I love chilling out, looking for mons, and gathering treasures. I'm going to do my first Raid tomorrow. I finally have a team of 6 that I'm attached to and will take into the first gym.

Also regarding the story about the statue in the hotel where you first meet Team Yell, is this the first time where they talked about a Human battling a Pokemon using human weapons?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Aw battle showdown on smogon is doing the dex purge too, I wanted to see how the new gen stacked against the old meta :(

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Raserys posted:

Ugh the ice moth is that slow? I was hoping it could fill the Volcanora shaped hole in my heart. :(

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Ice/Moth sucks. I had it in my party as long as I could, but it was never useful even once.

The dragon gym even uses Stealth Rock which is lol.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The movepools for High Key and Low Key are loving rear end backwards.

Like, I gotta loving breed specifically a Rash one? Ughhhhhhh.

Overdrive/Boomburst/Toxic/Venoshock would've owned but nooooo, my Modest one isn't allowed. :rant:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

That sounds like an extremely dog move. Our Mini was some strange parking lot chihuahua/mini-pin that vibrated so much out of raw excitement that we thought one day she'd start phasing through walls to get to us. We knew something was wrong when he picked her up one morning and she wasn't buzzing.

But the worst was a story I heard from a patient. They tried to have the squirrels in their yard poisoned but their dog dug up and stashed the delicious blue coumadin wafers and would eat them, nearly die evacuating it's various fluids, get saved at the vet, and do it again a couple of weeks later, repeatedly. Dogs love to hurt themselves eating.

Anyway as for Pokemon, we just met Galarian Meowth and he's perfect.

They're their own worst enemies. Also i named my female galarian meowth Bjork :3:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So I'm 14 hours in and fairly comfy with stuff, is there a thread or discord specifically for goon trading?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Calaveron posted:

Couldn’t go with anything but Dux

I named mine Redux.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I finally got my Sirfetch'd to evolve and there was only one appropriate nickname

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
This game sure seems to like slow physical attackers, huh?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Epic High Five posted:

So I'm 14 hours in and fairly comfy with stuff, is there a thread or discord specifically for goon trading?
yes and yes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thanks!

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Has anyone gotten surprise trade to work mine just kinda searches forever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Currently doing the Gym Challenge Finals.

Can I go all the way with my bastard children :ohdear:

Also I'm not taking chances on a nuzlocke and making sure I check each pokemons weaknesses so they swap in :v:

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

LeafyOrb posted:

Has anyone gotten surprise trade to work mine just kinda searches forever.

Make sure you start it up when you have the internet access turned on instead of local. Mine does a trade every 20-30 seconds or so

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Peacoffee posted:

Make sure you start it up when you have the internet access turned on instead of local. Mine does a trade every 20-30 seconds or so

...GameFreak why are you like this.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't had a lot of time to really dig into the game but I remember someone saying someone that was streaming a leaked version of the game got through most of the game in like 6 hours and just... How? I'm 4 hours in and I haven't even started the first gym. What a waste, to rush through the game so fast.

I've just been loving taking my time to explore. I really like this game so far! I feel like if it keeps this quality up it may be one of the higher ranking gens for me.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Framboise posted:

I haven't had a lot of time to really dig into the game but I remember someone saying someone that was streaming a leaked version of the game got through most of the game in like 6 hours and just... How? I'm 4 hours in and I haven't even started the first gym. What a waste, to rush through the game so fast.

I've just been loving taking my time to explore. I really like this game so far! I feel like if it keeps this quality up it may be one of the higher ranking gens for me.

Ive put in 14 hours and I have one gym badge. I imagine you could beat the game in 20 hours if you bum rushed the game, ignored all the camping, wild area, catching, leveling up and evolving different pokemon, doing optional stuff...you know half the game's content.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I beat the game in 21 hours because I only care about Bugs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Framboise posted:

Early leak streamers will often rush through games incredibly quickly to show off as much as they can before actual release. In addition if it's the streamer I'm thinking of they were basically hate-playing the game and skipping everything they could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No one joins my raids, even the 5 star ones. Unfortunate. These ai are not helpful