Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version of Pokemon????
Sword ⚔ 🔵
Shield 🛡 🔴
View Results

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Beacuse theres also the opposite of that feeling: The stress of feeling like you are 'trapped' in your current team of 6 pokemon, and are unable to make room for any others you might like.The thing is, especially in this day and age, with the technology we have (TMs, HMs, TRs,) there are so many ways to diversify a team's movesets. That you can still make sure you're covered in terms of being ready for facing any type out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

but its Vulpix, Wooloo, and Rookidee singing while excess pink frosting cascades off the sides of the donuts

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Pokémon’s unique tragedy of not knowing the potential of something except that it won’t be nearly as cute anymore.

I’ve been on the verge of a nervous breakdown ever since I looked up what Sobble’s evolutions look like

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Skylark posted:

Beacuse theres also the opposite of that feeling: The stress of feeling like you are 'trapped' in your current team of 6 pokemon, and are unable to make room for any others you might like.The thing is, especially in this day and age, with the technology we have (TMs, HMs, TRs,) there are so many ways to diversify a team's movesets. That you can still make sure you're covered in terms of being ready for facing any type out there.

I keep early ones until I evolve them a bit and figure out faves. Then keep half my spots for faves and half for evolving new ones

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’ve been on the verge of a nervous breakdown ever since I looked up what Sobble’s evolutions look like

I put him in the computer when he got to level 15.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to have another quandary when I come across a shiny Vulpix or Wooloo and the one I've raised to level 100 and spent hundreds of hours with is going to be put into a box as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The way makeup and hairdressers work in this is costing me a god drat fortune. I've spent like 21 thousand bucks changing my hair because you have to see it on a wooden mannequin instead of your character's head for some hosed up reason.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I was too lazy to reload my save.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I put him in the computer when he got to level 15.

lol. I can't decide if I'm just going to mash B and keep him as a Sobble forever or just defect to Scorbunny squad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's annoying that you have to get an item like an hour in to control the audio. But also kinda cool lol. Lore FTW.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is a item you get that also lets you turn off evolutions. Idk if it's in Sword Shield but its been around since Gold Silver so I assume its somewhere to be found.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

There is a item you get that also lets you turn off evolutions. Idk if it's in Sword Shield but its been around since Gold Silver so I assume its somewhere to be found.

Yeah. It's called pressing B on the evolution screen. Been around since RBY? Fucks sake. The utter state of pokemon players.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember that from Crystal but god knows when I'll find one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah. It's called pressing B on the evolution screen. Been around since RBY? Fucks sake. The utter state of pokemon players.

In Training fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 17, 2019

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh my God. They added a new TM that cuts trees. GameFreak you've simply done it again you crazy fucks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The evolving cutscene in this one is extremely long even to cancel so to have a item to stop it from coming up would be useful dude. Stop being such an rear end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The evolving cutscene in this one is extremely long even to cancel so to have a item to stop it from coming up would be useful dude. Stop being such an rear end.

Fumbling my retarded game physics Ponyta through the woods to collect 99x Oren Berries to skip the evolution animations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That feel when the donuts come out perfectly.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
My winter outfit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The way wild encounters work in this compared to the last pokemon I played is pretty epic. Lets them do cool stuff like timing puzzles and whatever.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I love the co-op battles you get rly good rewards

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When Magikarp gets a move besides Splash..

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I found the everstone. Good poo poo.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Went thru today's screenshots. Epic day of gaming :cheerdoge:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Skylark posted:

yeah come on game freaks- its time we have the 7th pokemon

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

The hamsterdance song slaps.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I love all the new Pokemon aka anything I don't recognise from gen 1 and a bit of Moon

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A lot of the ones I never seen before look really lazy and stupid but I am liking the ones that seem like Temperate Forest biome type creatures, like Rookidee and Wooloo. I also got a pumpkin ghost whom is epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I caught a guy named Drilbur that looks like a weird old British cartoon or something. He's chill.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

And I caught a guy named Drilbur that looks like a weird old British cartoon or something. He's chill.

I like him too. All the rock ones are bad though because they all just look like lumps of rock without powerful fists like Geodude

Raised my Tyrogue and his stats ended up equal on level 20 to 22 so I just let him become Hitmontop who's kinda cool. Caught another two who have higher attack than defence but hoping by the time they get to 20 they might change also and give me my Hitmonchan.

Dynamax Corvisquire won my first gym match for me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was sad when my rookidee turned into a corvisquire but corvisquire at least looks cool. Plus he turns into a huge Dark Souls looking raven it looks like later so whatevs... Maybe I'll catch a shiny Rookidee someday.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lord do i love seeing a gigantic glowing pokemon. dynamax rules

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hell yes. The bird pokemon early in a game is always cool in my experience

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Great news boys.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Great news boys.

oh baby

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

doing the oh you are a bad rear end to every huge pokemon i see in the field

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure one slipped out of me when I saw Onix or Wobbuffett. It's awesome to be able to see the Pokemon.