Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Had there been any other BF games with such high time to kill for machine guns? I can't remember one where the damage for them dropped under 10.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
i think lmg ttk was pretty high in bc2, minus the pecheneg?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MadBimber posted:

LMGs in BC2 were v good. M60 used to be godly but was nerfed twice (unfairly) but still ok. MG36 and MG3 were very good and i was dangerous with the MG36. I think I used the PKM almost as much.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

MadBimber posted:

10 damage was the lowest for the MG3 in BC2 after nerfs, this time they're going down to 7.5 so 3 extra body hits on a same ROF gun.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

All this change does is encourage more back prone camping since MMGs will no longer be able to cover an area larger than 20 square feet, so the only way for them to be effective is short range blindspots and corners

Why does this change make mmgs useless outside of 20 feet? The rpm on most mmgs is already pretty crazy considering the ttk

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Of course DICE hosed up the last ttk adjustment so I don't doubt that they will gently caress up this one. Still, 14 bullets to kill is very fast when you're using the MG-42

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

You only need to be hit once from some awful disgusting hill wookie

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

lambskin posted:

Of course DICE hosed up the last ttk adjustment so I don't doubt that they will gently caress up this one. Still, 14 bullets to kill is very fast when you're using the MG-42

Considering how that spraying will do gently caress all to prevent a sniper from blowing your head off due to suppression not doing anything to affect scope sway or accuracy.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lambskin posted:

Why does this change make mmgs useless outside of 20 feet? The rpm on most mmgs is already pretty crazy considering the ttk

Even though snipers were the MMG arch rival before the change, at least you were able to kill them semi-reliably if they missed their shots. It felt like a back and forth where the MMG could take out bad snipers if you kept them covered, but at the cost of not being able to shoot other people in your view. Now the snipers can pretty much just tank your bullets

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Even though snipers were the MMG arch rival before the change, at least you were able to kill them semi-reliably if they missed their shots. It felt like a back and forth where the MMG could take out bad snipers if you kept them covered, but at the cost of not being able to shoot other people in your view. Now the snipers can pretty much just tank your bullets

The "change" hasn't even happened yet. Mmg users are wookies except they get kills.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

So... The new meta will be Assault, Aggressive Recon and Tanks?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Tab8715 posted:

So... The new meta will be Assault, Aggressive Recon and Tanks?

According to Reddit assault is now the peeshooter class even though the update is not out yet.

Still assault deserves it

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

If it boost tanks. We will need Assault but they’ll just have to play smarter.

Planes will still remain strong as ever but that’s life. And how come Japan and the US don’t have an AA Tank?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The amhib tanks have AA upgrades. I haven’t used them but apparently they are decent against planes and shred infantry so they might be better than the original AA tanks.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

It's on the amphibious tank, also just shoot them with your stupid rocket party popper.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

The proposed TTK changes are god awful and I hope they don't go through with it. The gunplay is the one thing keeping me coming back to this game despite there being a drip feed of content.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

This weirdly reminds me of Destiny 2 PvP. In there, most guns also have a pretty long TTK, and as a consequence pretty much everyone seems to beeline for the weapons that offer 1-hit-kills like sniper rifles, shotguns, and missile launchers. Well, that and the handful of broken weapons that do have a genuinely low TTK because lmao PvP in a loot-based MMO.

So basically I'm looking forward to Sniper Hell.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Was considering checking this out again since the Pacific stuff looks cool and I like the more colorful maps but holy poo poo all these changes sound absolutely awful and it sounds like the actual map design is still crap lol.

Think I might finally have to cave and pick up Modern Warfare because it seems like no other console FPS can clear the incredibly low bar of "not constantly slamming their dicks in a car door."

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Iwo Jima on defense is a complete loss of your team manages to let them get to the last point with anything more than 100 tickets. Buddy and I stomped a team as defense and then found ourselves swapped to that team when it was their turn to defend.

When you get 12 kills in one pass and it does nothing you know your team is hosed

https://streamable.com/847ia

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

The pacific stuff is cool, you should check it out again.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Did they end up fixing the ridiculous team balance thing where every match would end up having twice as many people on the winning team as the losing team? Because I think I could forgive most of the other issues I had if they worked that one out. The upcoming auto-spot thing sounds completely heinous though.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Philman posted:

The pacific stuff is cool, you should check it out again.

This is very true, I stopped playing a long time ago but the pacific theme and weapons are fun.

Not sure how long that will lost as the proposed changes, especially the auto 3D spotting, sound really bad.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

jisforjosh posted:

Iwo Jima on defense is a complete loss of your team manages to let them get to the last point with anything more than 100 tickets. Buddy and I stomped a team as defense and then found ourselves swapped to that team when it was their turn to defend.

When you get 12 kills in one pass and it does nothing you know your team is hosed

https://streamable.com/847ia

Iwo, moreso than any map, seems to come down to whoever has the most v-1s banked by the end.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

jisforjosh posted:

Iwo Jima on defense is a complete loss of your team manages to let them get to the last point with anything more than 100 tickets.

I mean, if you can't hold the enemy team in the first three sectors why is the last one being hard to defend problematic?

Call me crazy but I don't think it's meant to be successfully defended, I think it's meant to be a meat grinder where the round can finish in a glorious bloodbath, hoisting the flag atop a flaming pile of slain enemies. Nothing wrong with that.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Did they end up fixing the ridiculous team balance thing where every match would end up having twice as many people on the winning team as the losing team? Because I think I could forgive most of the other issues I had if they worked that one out.

You can't fix what isn't there. There never was (and most likely never will be) an autobalancer in BFV.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

There is a team balancer and scramble at the end of the round sometimes. I've seen it happen, but its pretty rare.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
like all maps in bf5 the pacific maps own and are fun in breakthrough and suck in conquest

because in the later it's just five big empty spaces where you might happen across a dude and five points where a thing happens, maybe. why do people like conquest. . .

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah I like objective-based modes and they're just flat-out not fun when you're outnumbered 20-10 because half the team bails the second you start losing. If that hasn't been addressed I don't think the new maps are gonna be enough. Ah well. Really just want something to scratch the BF1 itch.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Gamerofthegame posted:

like all maps in bf5 the pacific maps own and are fun in breakthrough and suck in conquest

I just do not understand how you can like those maps on breakthrough...or breakthrough in general for that matter. Its just a mindless grind fest.
I think pacific storm is excellent on conquest, the other map less so but i think its more due to the two faction spawns being too close.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 17, 2019

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

People like different game modes.

Like I hate conquest. If I had to rank modes I'd say:

40p bf1 ops > frontlines > pre bf1 rush > 64 breakthrough

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been playing against recently, and the MGs the Support have, they're not like the BF1 ones where you can use them on the go, but more about setting up in a location? I was having problems using the MG32 and the M1919 then switched over to the shotgun and was doing much better.

Pacific maps are awesome, and i love how it was a free update.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There are LMGs and MMGs. MMGs only get accurate when on a bipod.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

twistedmentat posted:

I've been playing against recently, and the MGs the Support have, they're not like the BF1 ones where you can use them on the go, but more about setting up in a location? I was having problems using the MG32 and the M1919 then switched over to the shotgun and was doing much better.

Pacific maps are awesome, and i love how it was a free update.

LMGs (Lewis Gun, FG42 and KE7) are all great for running and gunning. The MMGs are for comedy rambo builds or camping.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Symetrique posted:

There is a team balancer and scramble at the end of the round sometimes. I've seen it happen, but its pretty rare.

ive been switched onto the losing team several times despite being in top 3 of winning side, so it definitely exists

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Symetrique posted:

People like different game modes.

Like I hate conquest. If I had to rank modes I'd say:

40p bf1 ops > frontlines > pre bf1 rush > 64 breakthrough

Obliteration is such a cool game mode. Weirdly, I found 48 player Rush in Battlefield 1 to provide the best balance.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

I just do not understand how you can like those maps on breakthrough...or breakthrough in general for that matter. Its just a mindless grind fest.
I think pacific storm is excellent on conquest, the other map less so but i think its more due to the two faction spawns being too close.

I like the premise of having a frontline, I only have to worry about what’s in front of me. In conquest I have to worry about 360 degrees around me, also conquest ends up becoming a merry go round of backcapping which I don’t really like personally.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I like breakthrough cause it consolidates all the crunchies for my 20mm HE guns or my tank main gun.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Tab8715 posted:

Obliteration is such a cool game mode. Weirdly, I found 48 player Rush in Battlefield 1 to provide the best balance.

Oblit rocked, especially when you've got both teams parachuting in

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i want them to make rush as fun as it was in BF3, but thats a monkeys paw wish cause then all the maps would end up as straight lines like they were in BF3 conquest which sucked imo. BF3 rush just hit that perfect sweet spot of map design, player count, and meaningful objectives that made ppl actually play on the points.

Really like the pacific maps in both breakthrough and conquest, tho i do prefer breakthrough. Iwo Jima conquest is neat cause both sides start right next to F and the rest of the points are far away from both teams. It ends up with a strange rush to A B and C points at the start that has a big influence on how the map is played for the remainder of the match.

Iwo Jima breakthrough is strange tho cause defenders have a really hard time at the start. I could be missing something, but im pretty sure the defenders dont have ammo crates for the 1st and 2nd sections, at least on the actual points. It makes having a consistent defender presence difficult and gives the attackers moments to push the objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Defenders have an ammo station at A on phase 2 iwo.