Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Best bounty hunter fight is the dude and his robot/mech buddy who I instantly pushed into convenient nearby exposed lightning and instantly killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

VanillaGorilla posted:

Finished. The game definitely needed a few more months of polish. If you put aside some of the technical and balance issues, it's definitely the best Star Wars game since KOTOR and I would love to see what Respawn could do with a sequel.

Probably at least in my top 10 for the year. In a patch or two it'll be worth $60 for sure, and will be an absolute steal on sale in a few months.

Respawn KOTOR 3 when?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

Respawn KOTOR 3 when?

I mean story wise it was more engaging than KOTOR 1 so sure throw some more RPG elements in there and let’s go

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

As of right now the story is the only redeeming quality of the game. The combat is janky as hell and while I like the maps not having the meditation points as fast travel is crazy to me. At one point you have to go back to a planet and fight all the way to the furthest point of somewhere you have already been just for a 30 second cutscene then have to go all the way back to your ship. Even with the "shortcuts" it is a slog to do that. I want to say I don't know how this made it through QA for not being fun but it's a mechanism to inflate the game hours.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I see this is available on Steam, but it’s missing many features like Cloud Saves and Achievements. Is there talk of adding those features in the future?

Otherwise it’s choosing between Origin or my PS4Pro.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

jabro posted:

not having the meditation points as fast travel is crazy to me

Agreed on the fast travel, I really can't believe there's not at least a couple travel points per planet even if every meditation spot might be overkill. I've been angry a couple times about the amount of backtracking when the map's general enough that it's not always obvious exactly where I should head.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anti-Hero posted:

I see this is available on Steam, but it’s missing many features like Cloud Saves and Achievements. Is there talk of adding those features in the future?

$15 vs $60 for a 20 hour game that you will never go back to.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Do you PC guys have your dodge rebound? Double tapping Z is really awkward.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

jabro posted:

$15 vs $60 for a 20 hour game that you will never go back to.

gently caress where could I get it’s for $15! I wasted $45 lmao

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Truecon420 posted:

gently caress where could I get it’s for $15! I wasted $45 lmao

Origin Premier is $15/month and you can play it there plus all the other EA PC games.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Oh yeah I forgot about Premier. That’s probably the way I’ll go. Will the game be on premier for the foreseeable future, or does EA swap out titles monthly?

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

^^ They generally seem to have all of their own recent games on Origin Access Premier, plus some extras.

e: Oh, PCGamingWiki also has a list of everything on both tiers currently, from the looks of it: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Origin_Access_games. So, I don't think they've swapped out any of their own published games, at the very least.

Boz0r posted:

Do you PC guys have your dodge rebound? Double tapping Z is really awkward.
I haven't even touched my mouse and keyboard. If the controls feel awkward, maybe you should try a controller since it seems much better suited for it.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 17, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I had just finished typing up a frustrated post about the first optional boss guy, but after playing some more and remembering how Souls-ish games work I beat him without getting hit. My frequent issue in these games is jumping the gun and dodging too early, but once I started waiting until later I did fine.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about Premier. That’s probably the way I’ll go. Will the game be on premier for the foreseeable future, or does EA swap out titles monthly?

Nothing should ever get cycled out unless they lose the license, so first party games should be safe.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I feel like this game doesn't have enough rpg elements. All the chests holding cosmetic items seems like an oversight and there just isn't ever a reason to talk to anyone. The universe seems quite empty.

Its also wierd there is no currency or item shops. This is a good and fun game but it seems like so much is missing. For gently caress's sake there are only 2 saber colors, 3 if you preordered. This game needs a sequel where they can make a full and finished game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

limp_cheese posted:

I feel like this game doesn't have enough rpg elements. All the chests holding cosmetic items seems like an oversight and there just isn't ever a reason to talk to anyone. The universe seems quite empty.

Its also wierd there is no currency or item shops. This is a good and fun game but it seems like so much is missing. For gently caress's sake there are only 2 saber colors, 3 if you preordered. This game needs a sequel where they can make a full and finished game.

Re: saber stuff

you get more blade colors later. It's a plot thing

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

VanillaGorilla posted:

I mean story wise it was more engaging than KOTOR 1 so sure throw some more RPG elements in there and let’s go

curiously, if that's true, that makes it the second game with a really compelling story in this franchise that's been creatively bankrupt since 1983, and they've both had input from Avellone. Maybe the key to writing decent star wars is to dislike star wars

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

limp_cheese posted:

This is not an rpg. It’s an action game. I don’t want some dumb rear end store I have to visit to buy health hearts and force potions.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

It’s probably because Origin is still required for buying it on Steam so all those things are probably in Origin.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I don’t want any RPG elements at all, I just want the 40 pieces of armor or the the dozens of Lighthsaber parts to do literally anything at all.

Like I enjoy free cosmetics but these having no impact on gameplay would’ve been weird for a PS3 game, on PS4 it’s a glaring omission.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

how about 40 different poncho colors

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I have all the chests and secrets on Bogano and I’m still at 98% complete. Missing an echo maybe?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Dogen posted:

I have all the chests and secrets on Bogano and I’m still at 98% complete. Missing an echo maybe?

The apprentice has not yet become the master

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I don’t want any RPG elements at all, I just want the 40 pieces of armor or the the dozens of Lighthsaber parts to do literally anything at all.

Like I enjoy free cosmetics but these having no impact on gameplay would’ve been weird for a PS3 game, on PS4 it’s a glaring omission.

This is what I was trying to convey. Make the poo poo I'm finding actually mean somerhing, not just another poncho color when I'm not wearing any of the loving ponchos.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The raincoats are dogshit.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, it seems like a weird choice to focus on so much cosmetic stuff, especially for a single player game. It's not *wrecking* it for me, I'd still be having fun without any collectibles, but it'd be nice to have something more interesting.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I think I'm at the last boss and holy poo poo what a clusterfuck of a design. Constant twirling so its impossible to tell what's an attack or not, unblockables that are either very neat jabs or massive AoE shockwaves (good luck guessing!).

Also indicating unblockable attacks by glowing red does very little to help when the enemy is wearing a red cape, illuminated by twin red lightsabres, and is standing above a glowing orange lava pool.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think I'm at the last boss and holy poo poo what a clusterfuck of a design. Constant twirling so its impossible to tell what's an attack or not, unblockables that are either very neat jabs or massive AoE shockwaves (good luck guessing!).

Also indicating unblockable attacks by glowing red does very little to help when the enemy is wearing a red cape, illuminated by twin red lightsabres, and is standing above a glowing orange lava pool.

It was honestly the only fight in the game that I hated. I finally just turned the difficulty down to beat it. She cheats A LOT, like just passes through or ignores your hits, has crazy homing on all of her attacks, etc.

I mean the half hour or so afterward was really great so I’m glad I touched it out, but I thought about just hanging it up for a second there.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, it seems like a weird choice to focus on so much cosmetic stuff, especially for a single player game. It's not *wrecking* it for me, I'd still be having fun without any collectibles, but it'd be nice to have something more interesting.

It would even be better if the cosmetics were a bit more outlandish or different, but it's sooooooooooooooooo minimal.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

limp_cheese posted:

It seemed like there was a scripted fight on Zeffo after the second romb when you're heading back to the ship. After that the bounty hunters started showing up for me.

Does anyone know if you get something for beating them all?

kind of feel like hoping if theres a sequel this will be kind of like the KOTOR 1 to its KOTOR 2. minus the jank obviously. theres definitely a real solid foundation here that I could see them building on and delivering a much bigger more complex sequel

ofc it took EA like 6 years just to get this one out so maybe not

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is the colosseum skippable? I was clowning the guy so hard I couldn't tell if I missed an attack or was cutscene beaten.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Just got my favorite kill, force pushed a screaming, evil R2 across the room into an unsuspecting stormtrooper :hellyeah:

Turns out there's an achievement for killing someone with another someone.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

dudeness posted:

It would even be better if the cosmetics were a bit more outlandish or different, but it's sooooooooooooooooo minimal.

I honestly don’t even know why they bothered with the Mantis skins.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Captain Hygiene posted:

Turns out there's an achievement for killing someone with another someone.

I shoved a firebug into a slug, which hurt the slug and killed the bug and got this achievement.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve also had this game crash my PS4 twice. The only time I’ve ever in my life experienced a console crashing completely before was playing Bloodstained on my Nintendo Switch. I’ll be playing normal, then the game freezes and goes silent for about 15 seconds, and my console goes “Uuuuuh What the gently caress?” and I restart.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I thought mine crashed for a bit once, I took a lift down a floor, then came back up and halfway through it just decided to stop and sit there thinking for 10 or 15 seconds, but it was fine after that. That's the only really big issue that's come up so far, it looked just like the crashes my Xbone has done on a few recent games but it recovered.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve also had this game crash my PS4 twice. The only time I’ve ever in my life experienced a console crashing completely before was playing Bloodstained on my Nintendo Switch. I’ll be playing normal, then the game freezes and goes silent for about 15 seconds, and my console goes “Uuuuuh What the gently caress?” and I restart.

I cut some vines and everything froze, playing the sound effect.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You guys need some cans of compressed air!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

have you tried taking out the disk and blowing on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

On the last boss I didn't have any trouble tracking except for the start with the glowing effect (an icon above the enemy with your souls would have been better than this poo poo) and when she would use that absolutely stupid stun grenade. Why they thought blinding the player would be fun is beyond me. I tried to force push the grenade away but no dice, so I just started running to the other end of the arena when I saw it so I could actually react to the next attack. I also had one try at her where she stood in a corner and did the shockwave attack 9 times in a row because I kept the pressure on like I was playing Sekiro and was shooting to break her guard. Also when she throws her saber if you stand near the console she will bug 50% of the time and just stand there frozen because the game can't determine a path for it that doesn't go through the terminal lol

In short it wasn't the worst but it was pretty poo poo and I think the previous duels were a lot better.