Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

No Lets wait for China to be weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
No

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
No. Wait for the right time to strike.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
No. It’ll be even funnier if there’s a period of blobhood before we blow it up mercilessly.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I’m so torn on this one. Like, on the one hand do it, let the dice roll and rejoice in the resulting chaos. On the other hand, it is not the sensible thing to do. If we had control of Arabia for like another ten or twenty years I’d definitley go all in but for now...

Going to go with a NO

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Also consider: it would be hilarious to make the professor's cliffhanger pick back up with an anticlimactic "...they didn't invade."

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
No, this is ridiculous.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
Yeah, gotta say no to a straight up Press 'X' To Lose situation.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
No invasion.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Besides didn’t the empress die in the western protectorate and not in China proper anyway?

Invade the western protectorate not China

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Nope.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

No

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Nope

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Cowards, the lot of you.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Flesnolk posted:

Also consider: it would be hilarious to make the professor's cliffhanger pick back up with an anticlimactic "...they didn't invade."

yeah I wanna see how that plays out

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Yes

This is a Megacampaign. Blobbing up after severe losses is possible. Just being a large blob all the time is boring.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Tulip posted:

Voting yes to suicide by China.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
No

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
Yes for LP dynamism.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

Cowards, the lot of you.

:emptyquote:

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Yes because both results are interesting

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

Cowards, the lot of you.

Perhaps those voting no think that our children will sing songs and write epics about people who take the easy road or pick on nations smaller than them?

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
No, other priorities are at hand.

Anzrel
Dec 15, 2010
No

one lp where we don't collapse into horrible failure sounds good.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Yes

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Yes

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Voting no. There will be a time to take China, and it ain't now.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

There is a big difference between repeatedly punching ourselves in the junk and thinking that this-

-needs a little pruning.

Guys, please check this map again. If this isn’t the time to attempt an invasion of China, I don’t know when the timing will ever be right.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

: D
Yes. If we succeed, it will be glorious. If we fail, it will be interesting.

If we wait until it's a good idea, then it's neither.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Yes because I've rarely seen a lp that ends up with a giant blob so gently caress it lets do it

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
:siren: The vote is concluded :siren:

With 73 votes, the results are:

Yes, go to war with China (34): (Mr. Morgenstern, Lord Cyrahzax, QuoProQuid, Sinai, MaxieSatan, AJ_Impy, aqu, Technowolf, Jossar, TheFlyingLlama, ThatBasqueGuy, Sinner Sandwich, Eleven Eleven, Tulip, Akratic Method, Ikasuhito, MoonSlayer, tunapirate, Pacho, McGavin, jalapeno_dude, Dance Officer Freudian, RagnarokZ, Jeoh, Retarded Goatee, Robindaybird, DTurtle, Snipee, Angstrom Gothington, e-dt, Flappy Bert, Alikchi, theamazingchris, stab)

No, do not go to war with China (39): (Mirdini, kw0134, Ferrovanadium, Danny Glands, habeusdorkus, Grizzwold, SpruceZeus, Flesnolk, Sanzh, Yavuz, Viola the Mad, wedgekree, Iceblocks, HereticMIND, SirPheobos, i81icu812, Rody One Half, Peanut Butler, berryjon, Aeromancia, AnAnonymousIdiot, Xelkelvox, GunnerJ, SleuthDiplomacy, wiegieman, winterwerefox, Deadmeat5150, Rubix Squid, Mr Maltose, Meinberg, TheDavies, Geshtal, super-redguy, Lynneth, HiHo Chiro, Zyxyz, Raserys, ModeWondershot, Anzrel, puppets freak me out)

The empress will be informed shortly.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 18, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Showing how close the vote was really spurred a push by the No faction it looks like

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

What a bunch of wusses.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Look you want to try again when it's not golden age and we'll talk.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

McGavin posted:

What a bunch of wusses.

ok doomer

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Enjoy your empire of safe space.

Unfortunately, you need to join a Crusade to get a war participation medal.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Given that war with China during a golden age was a fever dream induced by the cunning and maleficent ཡི་དྭགས་ Tse, we barely avoided Armageddon. Y'all wot voted for war should get yourself checked out by the priests to see if you're being meddled with by angry spirits.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Can we please not resort to personal attacks?

Not every ParadoxLP has to turn into Crete.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

Besides, DY7GF is the one with the factions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

SirPhoebos posted:

Agreed, some people taking things a notch too far makes it less enjoyable - and the constant bickering is what eventually made me quit crete, because it started to take away from the actual LP.