Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

a.lo posted:

Pete is going to win and face Trump

lmao u think mayo pete will win

bernie will win and then melt all nonbelievers down into fertilizer for the global antifa weed superfarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
the flesh is weak, but the bud is strong

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tetracube posted:

why the loving poo poo would anyone be enthusiastic for mayor pete, the most completely useless sack of garbage with absolutely loving zero redeeming features

i see you don't get this democratic party business

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tetracube posted:

epstein didn't kill himself and the piss tape is real

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol at the succ coming from inside the thread

millionaires will never be a part of the movement or a recruiting tool, they will always ally with fash when the rubber meets the road, and getting wrapped up in these stupid squabbles is a distraction, regardless of whatever liberal idpol you want to wrap it up in

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pete is going to decline in a few weeks and then it will be some other contender

Even in a party which still respects its establishment, he is way too much of an establishment tool to go far

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taintrunner posted:

millionaires will never be a part of the movement or a recruiting tool, they will always ally with fash when the rubber meets the road, and getting wrapped up in these stupid squabbles is a distraction, regardless of whatever liberal idpol you want to wrap it up in

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/simonnarode/status/1196117530726678529?s=21

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Pete is going to decline in a few weeks and then it will be some other contender

Even in a party which still respects its establishment, he is way too much of an establishment tool to go far

Well he's seens to be pretty good at grifting the rich liberal voters so I doubt it means he will have Kamala like funding problems over the next few months.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

Presented without identifying information, which of these responses seems better?

Gimme door number two.

EDIT: Actually, give me the start of number one and then transition in to number two for a bit.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!
https://twitter.com/willrk787/status/1195945586286944259

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
No Biden?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

lol at Harris getting dumpstered so thoroughly in her own state every time

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Crotch posted:

Gimme door number two.

EDIT: Actually, give me the start of number one and then transition in to number two for a bit.
Congratulations! You picked: Elizabeth Warren. :negative:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

uncurable mlady posted:

lol at Harris getting dumpstered so thoroughly in her own state every time

She tried to do a presidency speedrun but forgot to enable the right hacks.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!

temple posted:

No Biden?

Anyone not listed got zero endorsement votes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

millionaires will never be a part of the movement or a recruiting tool,
i can think of an exception

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

The Crotch posted:

Gimme door number two.

2nd one was obviously Warren because she tries to way over explain poo poo while saying almost nothing. Alot of people fall for it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Crotch posted:

Gimme door number two.

Congratulations! You have been selected for the 1st CSPAM ideological purge! As we like to say in CSPAM, its bernoe, binch.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Taintrunner posted:

It’s not idpol to analyze antagonisms within a class. If there’s a way to exploit divisions within the wealthy class to the benefit of the working class, it would be a missed opportunity to write them off as “distractions.”

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

"Rigged code written by and for the corporate elite" is good, but "their fair share" is a deflating ending. You can tack on the "you pay more than them" and the "handout to Trump's rich friends" stuff from Warren's bit and come away with something better than either.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Trabisnikof posted:

The concept of IP is bad and focusing on making sure the right individuals own it ignores the real answer that all art and IP should be publicly controlled goods.

this is the only correct answer

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Taintrunner posted:

:hmmyes:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Addamere posted:

2 was very obviously Warren to the extent that it baffles me that anyone who has remotely been paying attention to this race wouldn't be able to identify it as being her style.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the opportunity with taylor swift's thing isn't to ally with a multimillionaire it's to reach out to her literal millions of fans who otherwise never care or think about capitalism or politics or anything who have just suddenly been exposed to one of its bad consequences through one of their favorite stars being inconvenienced by finance bros

basic recruiting 101

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Reading anything Warren writes is like looking at a high school paper where you could succinctly cover the topic in less than 500 words but the teacher requires 1500 so you pad the poo poo out of it, saying absolutely nothing, just to meet that arbitrary word count.

It's like she hasn't realized she isn't in academia and could just say what the gently caress she means with out padding it.
edit: of course the problem is she has nothing to say

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The problem with this is you're saying performance isn't an important part of art or art itself whicu lol

performance is important but the performances aren’t what they are squabbling about, there also isn’t any money in reselling the performance. the auto-tuning and post-production are what they are selling.

tl;dr Taylor swift is overpaid and exploiting the dozens of people who are more important to the art then the interchangeable white woman.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
in which Succ goes full reactionary to own the artists

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kingcobweb posted:

i can think of an exception

He's the one, he's the only one
Bernie's got the lanyards on the run

Bernie Sanders has the nerves of steel
Mess with him and you will know the feel

Yuddham bedire sabdham – Bernie!
Nippai ragile nethram – Bernie!
Sathyam saripe yagnam – Bernie!
Visvam yedalo dhairyam – Bernie!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

Reading anything Warren writes is like looking at a high school paper where you could succinctly cover the topic in less than 500 words but the teacher requires 1500 so you pad the poo poo out of it, saying absolutely nothing, just to meet that arbitrary word count.

It's like she hasn't realized she isn't in academia and could just say what the gently caress she means with out padding it.
edit: of course the problem is she has nothing to say

in high school its just padding to meet the 1500 word limit

as a politician, its code speak to the corporate overlords and lanyard cucks. U say a few words that leftists like (and if ur real like bernie, u leave it at that), but then u wrap it up in 1488 extra words that say to the establishment "dont worry im on your side"

:abuela:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bernie is so successful that he got Obama to give us a smug lecture on leftist extremism.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CharlestheHammer posted:

in which Succ goes full reactionary to own the artists

I support the artists and am against their exploitation by the non-artist. #ImTooLeft.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I support the artists and am against their exploitation by the non-artist. #ImTooLeft.

Nationalize Katy Perry

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
every day that passes where mike bloomberg and deval patrick fail to rise in the polls is another day closer to hillary clinton announcing and subsequently losing in a fashion that is not quite as spectacular as 2016, but close enough that it continues to destroy the horrible legacy of her and her pervert husband

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

#woke

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
classifying some people involved in music as "artist" and "not artist" is stupid and [extremely phiz posting voice] rockist, because it centers ~authenticity~ and is pretty much interchangeable with boomer-speak about "REAL musicians who WROTE THE SONGS and PLAYED THEIR INSTRUMENTS"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Whose "involved in music" that I'm classifying incorrectly?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Whose "involved in music" that I'm classifying incorrectly?

swift? i don't listen to her music, but she's credited with songwriting and production on all her current songs. and even if she wasn't- say a britney spears who has nothing to do with those things- britney spears a) owns, b) is a performer and singer. performing and singing are art and if you try to tell me that singing words someone else wrote for you isn't art i'm going to make the most massive fart noise and jerkoff motion at your boomer-rear end view of art

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kingcobweb posted:

swift? i don't listen to her music, but she's credited with songwriting and production on all her current songs. and even if she wasn't- say a britney spears who has nothing to do with those things- britney spears a) owns, b) is a performer and singer. performing and singing are art and if you try to tell me that singing words someone else wrote for you isn't art i'm going to make the most massive fart noise and jerkoff motion at your boomer-rear end view of art

I would buy and listen to an entire LP of covers of 4'33", and each artist imo would deserve the money from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Addamere posted:

I would buy and listen to an entire LP of covers of 4'33", and each artist imo would deserve the money from it.

i'd buy an entire album of white noise called "Addamere's Posts"